Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:16:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Community Airplane/Flying Club  (Read 1623 times)
rube7x (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 08:16:24 PM

Hi there,

I thought I would test the waters out. No, not the waters everybody got thrown overboard in. Let me start over. I thought I would test the skies out.

The goal of this project is to form community access to airplanes very similar to what you see with community access vehicles. The internal structure will be developed while maintaining the most social conscious actions. Obviously in aviation there are few who focus on this. Hopefully this can become a successfully funded business that focuses on member, investor, and public satisfaction. The point here is to build an economy where nobody is hungry, bitcoin needs something like this right about now

Investing should allow us all to see whats going on. This way you can fly in your investment. Or if you don't have the means to make that happen, you will know a member is out making your investment profitable. The financial bottom line doesn't always need to be the focus when we are all having fun and benefiting.

This should be a great opportunity to see the ability of loans goon towards a real community asset. Investing will allow everybody to enjoy a fine luxury, while receiving a good return on investment. If a fraction of the money that has gone into ponzi's went towards this project, we would be able to see the  first airline that accepts bitcoins!

Let's start a flying club where you can reserve your flight just like you would a car. While this will ideally be sponsored via bitcoin, I will be seeking members in the aviation community as well. Since this is based on the West Coast of the USA, most participants will be there. BUT, this does not mean it's not for you. ANY "EMPTY LEG" TRIP WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANY MEMBER. This means if I flew to New York, and was staying for a month and the plane needs to return to LA, it is available first come first serve.

There will be no buying a seat on a flight as of now. There will be no flight attendants. Most flights will be originating at less busy airport to minimize headache of long security lines, etc etc etc. Let me put it to you this way. This can be the Zipcar of the sky.

I would like to highlight that it is nearly a $1,250,000 and lengthy process for an airplane of magnitude and charter service to start. Until we see serious traction on this project this will be a FLYING CLUB. As a MEMBER you will be entitled to lend or fly. This access will be shared with other members. First come, first serve scheduling. All incurred flight expenses come out of YOUR wallet. Other lenders/members will not be paying for your flying time just because you are in the club. That being said they will "own" part of the plane and your use will be growing their investment. As mentioned before "empty leg" trips will be available when available.

Let me say this. While many of you will not be interested in having access to an airplane that will fly you and 6 of your friends across the country, there are many who are interested. This will be a very interesting experience to see if the worlds of BTC can partner with the group of people who would probably never use BTC, aviators. As in while members/pilots join the club to fly an airplane owned by the BTC community. I'll be honest this could be one of the first times both parties have never worked together and will be EXCITED the other is behind the idea.

Let this idea marinate. Think of the potential. Let's take bitcoin to the skies!

Until there is serious interest I will remain Rube7x. Once this is established proof will be sent to the mods, and obviously if you are flying OUR airplane through the club headquarters you will see my face every day. Whether you want to or not 

Lets take off,
Rube7x

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 09:58:06 PM

Hi there,

I thought I would test the waters out. No, not the waters everybody got thrown overboard in. Let me start over. I thought I would test the skies out.

The goal of this project is to form community access to airplanes very similar to what you see with community access vehicles. The internal structure will be developed while maintaining the most social conscious actions. Obviously in aviation there are few who focus on this. Hopefully this can become a successfully funded business that focuses on member, investor, and public satisfaction. The point here is to build an economy where nobody is hungry, bitcoin needs something like this right about now

Investing should allow us all to see whats going on. This way you can fly in your investment. Or if you don't have the means to make that happen, you will know a member is out making your investment profitable. The financial bottom line doesn't always need to be the focus when we are all having fun and benefiting.

This should be a great opportunity to see the ability of loans goon towards a real community asset. Investing will allow everybody to enjoy a fine luxury, while receiving a good return on investment. If a fraction of the money that has gone into ponzi's went towards this project, we would be able to see the  first airline that accepts bitcoins!

Let's start a flying club where you can reserve your flight just like you would a car. While this will ideally be sponsored via bitcoin, I will be seeking members in the aviation community as well. Since this is based on the West Coast of the USA, most participants will be there. BUT, this does not mean it's not for you. ANY "EMPTY LEG" TRIP WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANY MEMBER. This means if I flew to New York, and was staying for a month and the plane needs to return to LA, it is available first come first serve.

There will be no buying a seat on a flight as of now. There will be no flight attendants. Most flights will be originating at less busy airport to minimize headache of long security lines, etc etc etc. Let me put it to you this way. This can be the Zipcar of the sky.

I would like to highlight that it is nearly a $1,250,000 and lengthy process for an airplane of magnitude and charter service to start. Until we see serious traction on this project this will be a FLYING CLUB. As a MEMBER you will be entitled to lend or fly. This access will be shared with other members. First come, first serve scheduling. All incurred flight expenses come out of YOUR wallet. Other lenders/members will not be paying for your flying time just because you are in the club. That being said they will "own" part of the plane and your use will be growing their investment. As mentioned before "empty leg" trips will be available when available.

Let me say this. While many of you will not be interested in having access to an airplane that will fly you and 6 of your friends across the country, there are many who are interested. This will be a very interesting experience to see if the worlds of BTC can partner with the group of people who would probably never use BTC, aviators. As in while members/pilots join the club to fly an airplane owned by the BTC community. I'll be honest this could be one of the first times both parties have never worked together and will be EXCITED the other is behind the idea.

Let this idea marinate. Think of the potential. Let's take bitcoin to the skies!

Until there is serious interest I will remain Rube7x. Once this is established proof will be sent to the mods, and obviously if you are flying OUR airplane through the club headquarters you will see my face every day. Whether you want to or not 

Lets take off,
Rube7x

interested, I don't have my license yet but I am planning to get a full through the military, any idea on what fixed wing/ rotary wing you were looking at for a first buy?
rube7x (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 10:43:08 PM

Hi there,

Lets take off,
Rube7x

interested, I don't have my license yet but I am planning to get a full through the military, any idea on what fixed wing/ rotary wing you were looking at for a first buy?

It really depends on what the members want. Something with a 275kts+ cruise speed, pressurization, less than $750-1500 per hour operating costs and 6 passenger seats. Could be Piper Meridian, Socata TBM, or small jet.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 10:43:54 PM

Hi there,

Lets take off,
Rube7x
If this works, that would be AMAZING.  Also, if anybody in the community is a CFI, they could offer lessons.  My father's a CFI (for fun), but he's not too interested in Bitcoin.  Smiley

As I said, I would definitely do lessons with this if it works.  

Good luck!

danieldaniel

Activity: 854

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 10:45:37 PM

Hi there,

Lets take off,
Rube7x

It really depends on what the members want. Something with a 275kts+ cruise speed, pressurization, less than $750-1500 per hour operating costs and 6 passenger seats. Could be Piper Meridian, Socata TBM, or small jet.
Would this be a fractional ownership sort-of thing?

rube7x (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 11:00:31 PM

This would either be a fractional ownership or cooperative. Whichever will allow it to be a non-profit. That being said, when it comes down to paper each paying member will have "equity" that matches their amount of the total paid.

Let's say ten people come along an are interested. They all want to "buy" different amounts of the airplane. Their member fees would directly correspond to the purchase price, and therefore be a "fraction" of the airplane. They don't all have to use it, or they can. They will be billed for the hours they use it. Also at any time the members aren't using it the Flying Club would be allowed to take it up for a specific rate. The profit generated from these non-owner flights would directly be divided according to shares of the plane, or evenly credit to the per hour costs of the owners. Ideally as these amount snowball one plane turns into two, then four. Members grow and the infrastructure is in place for a charter/airline business.
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 02:57:40 AM

If this works, that would be AMAZING.  Also, if anybody in the community is a CFI, they could offer lessons.  My father's a CFI (for fun), but he's not too interested in Bitcoin.  Smiley

As I said, I would definitely do lessons with this if it works.  

I know a CFII in SoCal who would work a deal for bitcoins, he wants more!, and could most likely get you an SR20 or SR22T to rent via bitcoins also.

Send a PM if you are interested.

rube7x (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 07:26:14 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2012, 09:32:39 PM by rube7x

There may be some interest. At the moment it looks like more of the "operating" members are interested in a Cessna 400. This means the overall target financial number will be considerably lower.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: