Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:19:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ■■ Decentralized PirateBay? Torrent files on the blockchain? Possible? ■■  (Read 1968 times)
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:57:24 PM

Besides, who would wait a day or so to download 40GB of Blockchain data, just to download a torrent seed?

It's just plain stupid.
Don't you think?

yea i didnt account for that 40gb download...

i think nxt actually has that down with pruning the data every 2 weeks to reduce the bloat and selective nodes can choose to archive the data and turn off pruning. concept seems plausible until they release it on mainnet. i wonder how storj and maidsafe is accomplishing the bloat issue?

Merkle tree Pruning scheduled for next bitcoin release(Core 0.11) allowing full nodes that are 1GB.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
louise123

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:14:40 PM

Besides, who would wait a day or so to download 40GB of Blockchain data, just to download a torrent seed?

It's just plain stupid.
Don't you think?

yea i didnt account for that 40gb download...

i think nxt actually has that down with pruning the data every 2 weeks to reduce the bloat and selective nodes can choose to archive the data and turn off pruning. concept seems plausible until they release it on mainnet. i wonder how storj and maidsafe is accomplishing the bloat issue?

Merkle tree Pruning scheduled for next bitcoin release(Core 0.11) allowing full nodes that are 1GB.

And what is that exactly?
Are they going to cut back on really old transactions or something like that?

I think I read about something like that in a post.

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
inBitweTrust

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:24:07 PM

And what is that exactly?
Are they going to cut back on really old transactions or something like that?

I think I read about something like that in a post.

https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/commit/f9ec3f0fadb11ee9889af977e16915f5d6e01944#diff-c865a8939105e6350a50af02766291b7R1182

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/33oz97/just_merged_pruning_support_in_bitcoin_core_run_a/

louise123

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:31:33 PM

Is there a plain English version of those?  Cheesy
Sorry I am not exactly techie, and it's a bit hard for me to understand.

Can you give me a simple explanation on how it's done?

Thanks  Cheesy

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
             ▄███▌ █
            ▀▀▀██▄  █
          ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
         █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
        ▄██ ███▄    █
       ▐███▀   ▀█   █
       ████     █   █
      ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
      ▀▄▄███▌      █
  ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
              █  ▄▀
              ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
 ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
  ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄ ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
   ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
  ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
    ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
    ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████ ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
    █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
    ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                               ▄█████
                                                                           ▄███████▀
                                                                           ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
 LIGHTPAPER
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
inBitweTrust

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:43:09 PM

Is there a plain English version of those?  Cheesy
Sorry I am not exactly techie, and it's a but hard for me to understand.

Can you give me a simple explanation on how it's done?

Thanks  Cheesy

Fullnodes contain all data of every transaction from the genesis block, SPV clients include all headers, A pruned full node needs to bootstrap off a Fullnode and be able to create a verifiable pruned tree to verify the validity of all transactions but not need to store all the data of a full node.

More than that I will need to start using technical jargon.... hmmm, I did use a few technical terms in my attempt of using plainspeak... another try..

Pruned full nodes are between SPV and Full nodes where they can verify the validity of all transactions but initially need to trust a peer full node when they are first setup and after that they can validate transactions like a full node.

daoneway

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:47:56 PM

i think this idea will be implemented into some further development of decentralized p2p technology.

all of us have ideas for new p2p "coins" that could be a system on its own.

like p2p passports, voting or a MMO game where people farm monsters and the game generates a coin with your graphic card while you play and you can then build wallets also outside the game but the money can only be generated within the game.. there are endless possibilities with this

the funny thing is i think the reason why nobody jumps on the bandwagon or why its to hard to get new features build into the altcoins is because the BIG MONEY development is not in yet and doesn't want to because they cant see any profits for themselfs because it if fundamentally impossible to give a group of people special benefits within the framework of the coin, technically possible but the community would not use it because its against their/our beliefs

so the only profit they gain is.. buying/mining early .. which if like an investment into the technology itself and takes a while.
beliefs

i had this idea.. i think its compatible with your thoughts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488528.msg10694406#msg10694406

3MJprz7GLVjQaFHx7hhVErPVYugKNxKs1Y
btcbug

Activity: 399

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:43:56 AM

There is another project called Alexandria that is similar. They are doing a crowdfunding on it right now. If you watch the video I think they refer to using Bittorrent or something similar and basically using the Blockchain to decentralized the torrent links.

http://blocktech.com
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:50:56 AM

i think this idea will be implemented into some further development of decentralized p2p technology.

all of us have ideas for new p2p "coins" that could be a system on its own.

like p2p passports, voting or a MMO game where people farm monsters and the game generates a coin with your graphic card while you play and you can then build wallets also outside the game but the money can only be generated within the game.. there are endless possibilities with this

the funny thing is i think the reason why nobody jumps on the bandwagon or why its to hard to get new features build into the altcoins is because the BIG MONEY development is not in yet and doesn't want to because they cant see any profits for themselfs because it if fundamentally impossible to give a group of people special benefits within the framework of the coin, technically possible but the community would not use it because its against their/our beliefs

so the only profit they gain is.. buying/mining early .. which if like an investment into the technology itself and takes a while.
beliefs

i had this idea.. i think its compatible with your thoughts:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=488528.msg10694406#msg10694406

Well said. Hit the nail straight on the head as far as I´m concerned.
Good luck g.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: