Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:01:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: If you give pirateat40 a signed reciept for passthru bonds, you're fuck  (Read 2139 times)
Coincomm (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:08:08 AM

WARNING: If you give pirateat40 a signed reciept for passthru bonds, you're fucking yourself over.

He will give a quote less than what you are owed. Stick with your passthru operator for a maximum settlement.
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:11:11 AM

WARNING: If you give pirateat40 a signed reciept for passthru bonds, you're fucking yourself over.

He will give a quote less than what you are owed. Stick with your passthru operator for a maximum settlement.

Based on what?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:11:21 AM

Stick with your passthru operator for a maximum settlement.

Or potentially no payment at all due to bankruptcy.  Roll Eyes

ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:11:32 AM

cool story

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Coincomm (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:11:48 AM

Based on what?
There is no other reason. It would be easier for Pirate to pay the operators directly if he wanted to pay a full amount.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:16:30 AM

Based on what?
There is no other reason. It would be easier for Pirate to pay the operators directly if he wanted to pay a full amount.

Well, based on comments by certain ppt bond operators, the bonds could be redeemed for potentially less than what they're due, even with pirate paying 100%.

EIEIO:

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:42:43 AM

Are the PPT operators willing to accept full legal responsibility for obtaining a "maximum settlement", up to and including suing pirate on behalf of their investors?  If they're going to claim to represent the interests of their investors, then they need to be willing to back that up and gain authority to negotiate a settlement on behalf of their investors.  If they aren't willing to accept that legal responsibility, they may well find themselves in a very tenuous position if they obstruct pirate's attempts to negotiate with the people to whom the money is actually owed.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Coincomm (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 04:43:55 AM

Are the PPT operators willing to accept full legal responsibility for obtaining a "maximum settlement", up to and including suing pirate on behalf of their investors?  If they're going to claim to represent the interests of their investors, then they need to be willing to back that up and gain authority to negotiate a settlement on behalf of their investors.  If they aren't willing to accept that legal responsibility, they may well find themselves in a very tenuous position if they obstruct pirate's attempts to negotiate with the people to whom the money is actually owed.

Chaang-Noi plans on suing if necessary.
imsaguy
VIP

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2012, 04:48:23 AM

Chaang-Noi plans on suing if necessary.

And charge the legal expense to the fund?  International lawsuits aren't cheap.

EIEIO:

bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 07:37:07 AM

....but if they settle for less, you lose the bet matthew...

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 07:59:21 AM

Not necessarily...
If he owes 100% and only pays back 90% without agreement to investors, -that- is fraud and a failure to pay back. I would obviously lose the bet.
If he owes 100% and only pays back 90% but the investors agreed to it, -that- is the agreement and therefor he has paid it back. I would win the bet.
If he owes 100% and pays back 100%, I would win the bet.
If he owes 100% and does not pay anything anything back, I would lose the bet.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 12:52:05 PM

Matthew seems to be a philanthropist (or masochist). I think he is looking forward to lose the bet. Smiley
myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2012, 07:13:28 PM

Matthew seems to be a philanthropist (or masochist). I think he is looking forward to lose the bet. Smiley

Way I look at it, if he wins, it's a big "Fuck you" to all the haters. If he loses, people who got fooled by Pirate at least get some money back. Either way, he wins some respect for having the cojones to do it.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: