Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:46:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PaperSafe.org Satoshi Note paper wallets, unique secure anti tamper design.,  (Read 14482 times)
BG4 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 03:41:06 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 03:56:13 AM by BG4

I am starting this thread to explain my unique paper wallet that I have been working on for the last year, and to have questions and answers, also to gauge interest for possible sale.

My paper wallet is called PaperSafe.  I started this wallet because I did not like the printable wallets that are available for home printing. I wanted something that was not like anything that is available. I wanted something to store my bitcoins on, that I could store in my safe that was a paper wallet.
I went a bit overkill with the security features for my own personal use.

I started with researching anti copy security paper and all the different featured that were available. I selected a paper with a secure rub feature... the paper has a light blue back ground writing that when you rub it , it will disappear , also with micro printing that when it is scanned or copied will print VOID on the copy. The paper also has micro threads that glow under a UV light.

I purchased 2 embossers, one is the bitcoin logo and the other is what looks like a corporate seal.

I also purchased 2 numbering machines ...one machine stamps the consecutive numbers in back ink and the second stamps the numbers with a UV ink that can only be seen under ultra violet light.

The paper wallet is meant to be folded into thirds ... The bottom 1/3 of the wallet is the public address and encrypted private key that is printed from bitaddress.org. The hardest part was to get the printing in that location and have it not fall on any folding that may destroy the keys in any way..... The private key is encrypted with a code that is preprinted before anything else is printed ....I created an an excel spread sheet to help with this bulk printing of the codes and is  mixed with math to produce a quasi random code... 25 are printed at a time.... Then the graphics are printed , 25 sheets at a time...  The third printing is the bitcoin address.... Individual paper wallet codes are entered into bitaddress.org from an off line laptop to encrypt the private key...one at a time... after each print ...the paper wallet is taken off the printer and a scratch off sticker is applied immediately over the code ..

then a holographic signature sticker is applied over the scratch off.... this holographic sticker is the anti tamper seal... as long as this seal has not been disturbed, the code is secure.....The paper wallet is then passed through the printer for the 4th time ....printing a tamper evident security feature over top of the holographic seal, extended onto the paper making it impossible to remove the seal and the scratch off without evidence...

The wallets are then embossed with the 2 embossers and numbered multiple times in different locations with the numbering machines in both back ink and UV ink... A smaller holographic seal is placed over a UV number somewhere in the middle section of the wallet..

While working under a black light.... individual wallets are embellished with a UV marker by hand....

so far, I have produced 2 designs... from late last year...one is a 1 bitcoin note... the second is my representation of old mining stock certificates from early 1900s but with a modern  bitcoin twist.  25 of each design were printed...   these 50 certificates are for my personal use....  

All the holographic seals and scratch offs were bought in bulk along with 2 reams of security paper.... I have A LOT left over....

I did not think people would be willing to buy preprinted paper wallets so no attempt to produce any for sale that had the addresses already printed.

Since the printing of my 50 paper wallet certificates. I have added several other security features.... one is a feature on the back directly behind the encrypting code , hiding anything from being seen from the back of the certificate. The paper is pretty thick, but this is for good measure. I also want to individually mark each certificate with a laser engraver...I am still working on the graphics with this...but is near completion

I will print no more then 500 of each design...

Please feel free to ask question, post comments or concerns of my process ..If I get enough interest from people, that would want to purchase these certificates. I will make them available for sale in the goods section of this forum.... I will post more pictures in later posts..

Thank you
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 04:29:14 AM

I would definitely want some and am hoping they will be low serial numbers as it looks like I am the first.  Smiley

ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 05:49:45 AM

If it isn't too much i'd be interested in #2 and #7 if digi doesn't get #1 Cheesy

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:01:50 AM

A little too difficult for me to try at home but those blues that come out under the UV light are epic!

cheako

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 06:52:02 AM

I don't see the point.  If ppl started treating these like cash and accepting them as long as the key wasn't scratched out, the *original distributor would be able to sell the coins at any time.

* The private key was known when the address was created.  This places trust into a single entity.

A lot of Bitcoin users are already adopting bad practices, do we seriously need to keep creating more.
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:07:47 AM

I don't see the point.  If ppl started treating these like cash and accepting them as long as the key wasn't scratched out, the *original distributor would be able to sell the coins at any time.

* The private key was known when the address was created.  This places trust into a single entity.

A lot of Bitcoin users are already adopting bad practices, do we seriously need to keep creating more.

I would probably be interested if it is cheap enough. I personally would keep it as a collectors item. As it is different from all the coins produced.

Anyways who would ever use a physical bitcoin for a transaction?

Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 08:08:48 AM

I would love to buy one of these if the price is right and if you use the public key and BIP38 encrypted private key that I provide.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
BG4 (OP)
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 10:07:55 AM

I don't see the point.  If ppl started treating these like cash and accepting them as long as the key wasn't scratched out, the *original distributor would be able to sell the coins at any time.

* The private key was known when the address was created.  This places trust into a single entity.

I have to agree..  Tho...when the private key is created, It is never seen unencrypted....the codes that are pre-printed are never saved....anywhere!!!
and covered with the scratch off as quickly as possible .... The only thing I worry about at that instant is applying the scratch off straight and center. I use a small dental pick to remove the sticker from the reel and to apply it with out fingerprints or damage...

And I would love to see these certificates passed like cash ..off blockchain...

I don't see the point.  If ppl started treating these like cash and accepting them as long as the key wasn't scratched out, the *original distributor would be able to sell the coins at any time.

* The private key was known when the address was created.  This places trust into a single entity.

I would probably be interested if it is cheap enough. I personally would keep it as a collectors item. As it is different from all the coins produced.

This is another reason for the limited number of prints...  No one has attempted a collector paper wallet before...

I would love to buy one of these if the price is right and if you use the public key and BIP38 encrypted private key that I provide.

I have thought about how to produce a blank address certificate...where the user would just print there own key from Bitaddress.org...   I would not use the embossing seals.... They are my stamp of approval ... that I created the wallet with trust that I don't even know what the private keys are or the codes to unlock them. None of that will ever be saved...  plus ..embossings are flattened out when run through a laser printer... and don't look good afterwards...

I do have an early design that does not have the scratch-off area..... maybe a cheaper version could be sold as a print your own key type...
Getting bitaddress.org to print in the correct location has not been tested on other browsers other then firefox...and many test prints would have to be done on blank paper to get the alignment

Maybe a package could be put together....where you get one secured embossed certificate and 3 print your own certs..

Also if you don't mind the crushing of the embossed seals ... your own addresses could be printed on the back.. up to 6 , placed correctly will fit..
I thought about this process also.  where a small amount of satoshis  are deposited to the secured address on the front....When its recorded on the blockchain.. you then use that blocks nonce as the codes to encrypt the private keys that you print your self on the back......
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2015, 10:13:08 AM

I don't mind if you have and print my keys, as my private key is encrypted and thus useless to you without my password. I prefer to not do anything and just pay you for all the work and shipping.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 12:40:47 PM

These look great.  I can see a lot of thought and time were put into these.  I'll purchase these once put up for sale.  As a collector, I have no issues if you had access to the private keys, especially if unfunded.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
BG4 (OP)
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 01:33:45 PM

These look great.  I can see a lot of thought and time were put into these.  I'll purchase these once put up for sale.  As a collector, I have no issues if you had access to the private keys, especially if unfunded.

Yes ..over a year on the research and development .. The idea is over 2 years old... everything came together last November... It all started with old mining stock certificates...That's where the idea came from with punch hole numbers to show the amount that is in the wallet on the mining certificate... also 1 share is equal to 200k bit came from the wink twins fund that hasn't been released yet.....

All in all... I love paper certificate graphics , stock certificates and all the fine micro printing involved...and I try to include as much as I can into each design....
cheako

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:47:25 PM

There are more ppl who would then ppl who would know better.
cheako

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 08:57:21 PM

Tho...when the private key is created, It is never seen unencrypted....the codes that are pre-printed are never saved....anywhere!!!
This only works for the large portion of ppl who simply believe everything they read on the internet.  You've zero incentive to actually operate this way.  For the end user there is no difference to saving every private key.  You could be lying and scamming and if not you then the next person who attempts to make bitcoin into a physical currency.

Please stop making is easy for stupid ppl to do stupid things!!!  !!!!!

You are a dirty rotten person for wanting to make a physical currency out of bitcoin, regardless of how good your intentions were.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:17:18 PM

I understand the security concerns but I am looking at this as more of a collectors item than actually loading and using the paper wallets.  OP did state he wanted to only produce 500 max of each design, so it's on par with a coin production. 

The security of the keys is truly up to him, but I would want the authentic printed items from BG4 as they would come out the best.  I wouldn't be against a DIY version for users who want to create the keys themselves but as Mitchell mentioned, I would agree with sending a BIP38 encrypted Private Key and Public Key to BG4 for each wallet desired.

It's a work of art in my eyes and would look great under a UV light in an acrylic paper currency case.  OP came up with some great design concepts and implemented them flawlessly, I was just waiting for him to open a thread to sell some of these (mining cert too!).   Grin

bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:45:07 PM

cheako...I suppose you're against every other physical bitcoin maker as well....Casascius...Lealana..to name a few.  Users that have shown to be trusted with minting coins with private keys. 

As a collector, I would not be storing bitcoin on these, thus I don't mind if the OP has access to the keys.  I just want to collect different physical crypto coins, wallets, etc.  These certainly are beautiful and are well designed. 

If you don't like them, fine.  But that doesn't mean others don't want them.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
BG4 (OP)
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:47:50 PM

The security of the keys is truly up to him, but I would want the authentic printed items from BG4 as they would come out the best.  I wouldn't be against a DIY version for users who want to create the keys themselves but as Mitchell mentioned, I would agree with sending a BIP38 encrypted Private Key and Public Key to BG4 for each wallet desired.

I would need a standardized way to print the Keys.... like a PDF print from Bitaddress.org ... I could provide a PDF of the exact location the address goes... and give the details how to print bitaddrsss.org wallets into it.... save and send.......

The whole goal was a bulk print run of no less then 25....BUT..I guess if the demand is there for User provided Keys ... I could always make changes to my printing process for custom orders.....Also the thought of personalized printed paper wallets came to mine at one point....

Tho...when the private key is created, It is never seen unencrypted....the codes that are pre-printed are never saved....anywhere!!!

You are a dirty rotten person for wanting to make a physical currency out of bitcoin, regardless of how good your intentions were.

No need for the name calling.......  and please, from now on... You can refer to my paper wallet certificates as " Paper Bitcoin ART"....
BG4 (OP)
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 05, 2015, 11:59:32 PM

More Pics...

bithalo
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 12:58:36 AM

Beautiful Designs....BTW...Genesis Block is misspelled in the last pic

BG4 (OP)
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:32:35 AM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 02:49:04 AM by BG4

Beautiful Designs....BTW...Genesis Block is misspelled in the last pic

That is a picture of early test prints that was left on my dropbox.... also notice the Block hash at the bottom ..its off center to the right... There was a shadow that had to be removed

also the upper right  "ONE" shadow falls off the bottom  left of the "E"

I have corrected most of these flaws .......  

I should dig this test print out of the box of early design prints... and sell it as an .......error...

Edit... also I don't use the single line bitcoin symbol anymore
BG4 (OP)
Legendary

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:07:06 AM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 05:32:38 AM by BG4

I have been refining the final design of my paper wallet....instead of mass producing them.. I have decided to limit this design to only 100+10 prints and concentrate more on the graphics which are all done buy hand.... Over the next few weeks, I will be putting up for auction,  the first 10 prints as Artist Proofs , Which will be hand signs and numbered 1of10 through 10of10. and will be clearly marked as such...  each of the 10 proofs may be slightly different in the UV graphics. After the 10 proofs are sold , The Series A Satoshi Notes numbering will start at 000 and go to 099...    

This test print picture was taken with only black light on...

Look for my first auction over the next few day......

Thanks..... BG4

CORRECTION.....  The UV effects are all done my hand....The printed graphics are done by "LASER"....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: