Bitcoin Forum
May 19, 2024, 03:56:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 years profitable in mining  (Read 3552 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:33:28 AM

So 5 years from now mining will be profitable again?

I say thats if it goes through a serious value increase, thats the only way anything will be worth doing. And at this moment 5 years is apart is a long time, but from past experience of 3 years ago when the ETF was proposed by the winkelvoss twins they still havent updated whats going on with it.

Which is where the value for mining would impact on that event on what I mentioned.

Mining is never supposed to be too profitable according to the actual price of the bitcoin in the moment you are mining, if the difficulty increases the price should too, unless you try solo mining wich is luck based and pretty stupid if you ask me

Mining is always suppose to be profitable....  there are huge companies based on this.  Yes it can be done profitable.

You do need cheap electricity.  But it can and is being done. 

You didnt read well i said ''TOO'' profitable, like you will never get instantly rich because of mining, of course its profitable if it wasnt bitcoin would be dead and no one would want to mine anymore. Unless you mine new coins for pump and dump or you get lucky and mine a coin that will raise in price hugely.

Define "TOO" profitable? I would say some big companies are making a lot.  They do it in scale.   
toqchista2 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:44:16 AM

I will wait s6 and after buy from amazon
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 10:58:50 AM

You have to realize that there is no official announcement in regards to the S6 (at least not one that I'm aware of).
Even if they release the S6 that still means that in about a year your miner will be mostly obsolete. Technology is improving and the miners are constantly becoming more efficient.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
toqchista2 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 11:10:44 AM

You have to realize that there is no official announcement in regards to the S6 (at least not one that I'm aware of).
Even if they release the S6 that still means that in about a year your miner will be mostly obsolete. Technology is improving and the miners are constantly becoming more efficient.

yet if isn't release the s6 .
then what will do i ?

probably better s5 buy.

i think s5 more anyway will be profitable in future
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:23:50 PM

So 5 years from now mining will be profitable again?

I say thats if it goes through a serious value increase, thats the only way anything will be worth doing. And at this moment 5 years is apart is a long time, but from past experience of 3 years ago when the ETF was proposed by the winkelvoss twins they still havent updated whats going on with it.

Which is where the value for mining would impact on that event on what I mentioned.

Mining is never supposed to be too profitable according to the actual price of the bitcoin in the moment you are mining, if the difficulty increases the price should too, unless you try solo mining wich is luck based and pretty stupid if you ask me

Mining is always suppose to be profitable....  there are huge companies based on this.  Yes it can be done profitable.

You do need cheap electricity.  But it can and is being done. 

You didnt read well i said ''TOO'' profitable, like you will never get instantly rich because of mining, of course its profitable if it wasnt bitcoin would be dead and no one would want to mine anymore. Unless you mine new coins for pump and dump or you get lucky and mine a coin that will raise in price hugely.

Define "TOO" profitable? I would say some big companies are making a lot.  They do it in scale.   

What i mean with too profitable is that right now even if you have the best hardware and all the good stuff you wont be able to make incredible amounts of money with mining, but if the price rises in the future then you would get more profit.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:41:35 PM

then what will do i ?

probably better s5 buy.

Why would you think that? Don't think on your own when you don't have the required knowledge to make such assumptions (you've been asking many questions). S6 will definitely be more efficient than S5.
This just depends how much the GH/s per W ratio is.
I'm just going to tell you that you should not expect to be making money off of mining.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
toqchista2 (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:59:59 PM

then what will do i ?

probably better s5 buy.

Why would you think that? Don't think on your own when you don't have the required knowledge to make such assumptions (you've been asking many questions). S6 will definitely be more efficient than S5.
This just depends how much the GH/s per W ratio is.
I'm just going to tell you that you should not expect to be making money off of mining.

Maybe that s5 go big losing in future ?
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:15:00 PM

example.

2020 years that will be btc price and difficult same what is nowadays will be same profitable if more low profitable will be ?

Satoshi was a genius so he made the blockchain self regulating, that means that it will always be profitable for someone out there to do the job of mining/acting as a node. If you are not willing to do it, someone else will be in a position to take profit.
Cruxer

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:16:07 PM

Correctly understood.

but in 2020 will happens block halving and this halving doin't cause low profitable /?

Its designed to scale by itself. If price will be low, there will be less miners, if price will be higher (because less new bitcoins), miners will keep mining.
Astargath

Activity: 1624
Merit: 645

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:13:26 AM

Correctly understood.

but in 2020 will happens block halving and this halving doin't cause low profitable /?

Its designed to scale by itself. If price will be low, there will be less miners, if price will be higher (because less new bitcoins), miners will keep mining.

Yeah thats my point when im saying that mining cant make you win a fortune when you are actually mining, however if you start mining today until 2018, lets say you made like 5 bitcoins and you wait till 2020 and the price rises to 3000$ then yes you would have made a good amount, still not that much for 5 years.

\\\\\...COIN.....
...CURB...
         ▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄
      ▄██████████████████████▄
    ▄█████▀▀▀          ▀▀▀█████▄
   ████▀      █████▄▄       ▀████
  ████        ██   ▀██        ████
 ████         ██    ██         ████
▐███▌         ██▄▄▄██▀         ▐███▌
▐███▌         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▐███▌
▐███▌         ████████         ▐███▌
 ████            ██            ████
  ████           ██           ████
   ████▄         ██         ▄████
    ▀█████▄▄▄          ▄▄▄█████▀
      ▀██████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀
........NEWS, UPDATES, & ICO'S........
...FROM ALL THE PROJECTS YOU LOVE...
▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
█████████████▀     ██  ██  ██     ▀██▀     ██      ██     ▀██  ██     ▀██     █████████████
█████████████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████▄    ▀██  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██▄    ▀██  ██████  ▀▀  ██  ██  ▀▀  ██     █████████████
█████████████████  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██████  ██  ██████  ▄  ▀██  ██  ██  ██  ████████████████
█████████████     ▄██▄    ▄██  ▀▀ ▄██     ▄██      ██  ██  ██  ██  ▀▀ ▄██     █████████████
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███               ███
▐██   ▐█▄   ▄███▄   ██▌
██▌    ███▄██████▀  ▐██
██▌    ▐████████    ▐██
▐██     ▐██████     ██▌
 ███   ▀█████▀     ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄█████████▄▄
   ▄███▀▀     ▀▀███▄
  ███             ███
 ███   ▄██████▀▄   ███
▐██   ████▀▀▀████   ██▌
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
██▌   ███ ███ ███   ▐██
▐██   ████▄▄▄████   ██▌
 ███   ▀███████▀   ███
  ███             ███
   ▀███▄▄     ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀█████████▀▀
/////
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 08:31:05 AM

Correctly understood.

Yeah thats my point when im saying that mining cant make you win a fortune when you are actually mining, however if you start mining today until 2018, lets say you made like 5 bitcoins and you wait till 2020 and the price rises to 3000$ then yes you would have made a good amount, still not that much for 5 years.

You guys are giving "toqchista2" way more effort in anwser then needed.   It is a trolling account.   Look at it's history of posts.

I thought for a while it was language barrier... it is not.
Glucose

Activity: 861
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 09:35:47 AM

Correctly understood.

You guys are giving "toqchista2" way more effort in anwser then needed.   It is a trolling account.   Look at it's history of posts.

ahah, yeah it looks like you may be right yeah.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:06:01 AM

Correctly understood.

Then why the mods don't lock such threads themselves, when they know that the OP is just trolling and won't come back to reply?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 10:09:04 AM

Then why the mods don't lock such threads themselves, when they know that the OP is just trolling and won't come back to reply?
Well I initially thought he was a honest guy who just had language problems but needed help. I decided to help him. I guess that was a mistake.
If you take a closer look at his post history, as said, he seems to be a troll who already has/had 1 account banned.
Mods can't lock this thread because nobody reported it I believe. Just click the report button.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:45:16 AM

Well I initially thought he was a honest guy who just had language problems but needed help. I decided to help him. I guess that was a mistake.
If you take a closer look at his post history, as said, he seems to be a troll who already has/had 1 account banned.
Mods can't lock this thread because nobody reported it I believe. Just click the report button.

I can't figure it out.  He says that... but first account still logs in. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=439766

I'm not sure if it's same person or someone impersonating him to troll.  I do wish a mod would look into it.  And take action on one if not both accounts.   
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 11:15:27 AM

I can't figure it out.  He says that... but first account still logs in. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=439766

I'm not sure if it's same person or someone impersonating him to troll.  I do wish a mod would look into it.  And take action on one if not both accounts.   
You do realize that when you're banned you can still log in? You just can't actually do anything besides reading threads.
If that account is indeed banned and it is the same person, then he is ban evading. He should be permanently banned.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 11:22:27 AM

I can't figure it out.  He says that... but first account still logs in. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=439766

I'm not sure if it's same person or someone impersonating him to troll.  I do wish a mod would look into it.  And take action on one if not both accounts.  
You do realize that when you're banned you can still log in? You just can't actually do anything besides reading threads.
If that account is indeed banned and it is the same person, then he is ban evading. He should be permanently banned.

Luckily I did not know this.   I have not dealt with ban's. I have never been banned I assumed banned it locked you from logging in.  

I guess someone should make a report and he can get perm ban for evasion. (Assuming he really got banned ad it is same person)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:42:41 PM

In 2020 maybe mining more low profitable because day to day mining more difficult  Grin

It's so far in the future we cannot really give it a educated guess.  We have some having sooner than that that we don't know what effect will be.

There is just a lot of unknowns.  5 years in crypto time is HUGE.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:09:39 AM

example.

2020 years that will be btc price and difficult same what is nowadays will be same profitable if more low profitable will be ?
I believe it will be more profitable to mine in the future, the price per btc will go up, the cost of electricity will go down, there will come more efficient miners that is cheaper to produce in the future. The difficulty will go up to but it will not keep up with the other improving factors.

mayflor2

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:57:35 AM

example.

Mining will likely retain the same profitability virtually forever.   When price goes down, less people mine and difficulty goes down to meet this.    If price goes up, people jump on board and diff goes up.   It is too competitive of a market at this point.    Even when no more coins are "mined", the theory is that BTC will be valued high enough that the transaction fees alone will make it worth mining.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: