Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:37:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New strong pool or solominer 83.169.22.26 ???  (Read 4096 times)
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:12:56 AM

Possible that Deepbit is redirecting some of its hashrate and the pool op is lining his pockets with unreported blocks? kinda explains why they've had bad luck recently

my thoughts too!

Implying Pools are fair 100% of the time.

shouldn't they?? guess they should.
Deepbit doesn't need to be fair when they have some people mining PPS with a 10% fee  Wink

How is Deepbit being unfair when people *CHOOSE* to mine PPS there?  Respect peoples choice to mine where they want for whatever reason they have.  If some poor schmuck doesn't understand how PPS works then explain it to them when they ask.

This whole thread has the purpose of stirring up distrust with no proof.  So either present your proof for your accusations or stop spreading FUD.
Sam

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:14:13 AM

Possible that Deepbit is redirecting some of its hashrate and the pool op is lining his pockets with unreported blocks? kinda explains why they've had bad luck recently

my thoughts too!

Deepbit doesn't need to be fair when they have some people mining PPS with a 10% fee  Wink

How is Deepbit being unfair when people *CHOOSE* to mine PPS there?  Respect peoples choice to mine where they want for whatever reason they have.  If some poor schmuck doesn't understand how PPS works then explain it to them when they ask.

This whole thread has the purpose of stirring up distrust with no proof.  So either present your proof for your accusations or stop spreading FUD.
Sam
Don't get me wrong - I love deepbit. I make more off deepbit than I make off any other pool  Wink
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:21:59 AM

my thoughts too!

Sam
Don't get me wrong - I love deepbit. I make more off deepbit than I make off any other pool  Wink

Sorry, I didn't really mean to yell at you.  It's the tone of this whole thread that I think is unfair to Deepbit.

I don't understand why anyone would pay 10% fee for PPS either and I wouldn't have believed anyone still did until today.
I'll just pipe down now,
Sam

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 02:32:39 AM

Sorry, I didn't really mean to yell at you.  It's the tone of this whole thread that I think is unfair to Deepbit.

This whole thread is completely based on a misunderstanding of variance and how shares are solved. People are suspicious here and want to blame someone for bad luck. I sort of understand it, but I think it would be better if people understood what they were saying before they start making accusations.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Gyrsur (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 06:12:10 AM

This whole thread is completely based on a misunderstanding of variance and how shares are solved. People are suspicious here and want to blame someone for bad luck. I sort of understand it, but I think it would be better if people understood what they were saying before they start making accusations.

I disagree, my intention was to have a look at the network. Are there persons who take a look at the nework all the time? Then I would be fine. Thanks!

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 06:35:24 AM

I disagree, my intention was to have a look at the network. Are there persons who take a look at the nework all the time? Then I would be fine. Thanks!

Yes, I take a look at the network at least once a week, every week: http://organofcorti.blogspot.com , look for the "Weekly pool statistics" posts. Plus, I don't deny your intention was to investigate the network, it's just much more complex than you might think. Read some about the geometric distribution and negative binomial distribution if you want to understand the probability and variance for the number of shares in one round or many rounds respectively. Read about the Poisson distribution if you're interested in the number of blocks a pool might solve in a given time period.

Gyrsur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 06:38:34 AM

Plus, I don't deny your intention was to investigate the network, it's just much more complex than you might think.

yes I understand this in the meantime and I have to do more research on it.  Smiley

legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:50:39 AM

my thoughts too!

Sam

You can never trust  pools 100% of the time. I've been there, and done that.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
os2sam
Legendary

Think for yourself

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 10:55:07 AM

This whole thread has the purpose of stirring up distrust with no proof.  So either present your proof for your accusations or stop spreading FUD.
Sam
You can never trust  pools 100% of the time. I've been there, and done that.

I'm a big believer in "Trust but Verify".
Sam

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 10:58:19 AM

Do tell...

Gyrsur (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 11:02:19 AM

This whole thread has the purpose of stirring up distrust with no proof.  So either present your proof for your accusations or stop spreading FUD.
Sam

Sam

Me too! It is a worldly wisdom. Lenin did only adopt it. Cheesy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trust,_but_verify

legolouman

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
September 16, 2012, 11:58:40 PM

Sam

Sam

That's an attitude, but it can be hard to make sure your data isn't skewed.

Do tell...

What do you mean? IIRC, Slush indirectly admitted to being able to steal blocks without anyone knowing. It's even easier to steal shares. I got scammed by a pool that stole 2-3 blocks and a 'block finder's bonus'. Though, that panned out in the end, because the community is very nice.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2012, 01:12:56 AM

Do tell...

What do you mean? IIRC, Slush indirectly admitted to being able to steal blocks without anyone knowing. It's even easier to steal shares. I got scammed by a pool that stole 2-3 blocks and a 'block finder's bonus'. Though, that panned out in the end, because the community is very nice.

What did I mean? What was your scamming experience and at which pool did you get scammed? You partly answered the question.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: