Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 09:56:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you think BFL's new ASIC is a lie?
Yes - 88 (23.8%)
NO - 119 (32.2%)
NO, but they are lying about performance, delivery dates etc. - 162 (43.9%)
Total Voters: 369

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEW info. Everyone is lying about ther ASIC project  (Read 26577 times)
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 09:54:21 PM

Another interesting thread! Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=126456.0;all

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
rchapoteau

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 10:08:16 PM

There are usually working samples made before final fabrication to make sure you are getting what you want.  I would imagine that they should have at least 1 working prototype right now ...

They don't have a working prototype. They already admitted that.

I know, and that's the thing that is the most worrisome about the whole thing.   Hopefully they don't have any issues with assembly.
Frizz23

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 10:11:04 PM

Hopefully they don't have any issues with assembly.

At least not yet Wink

At the moment they have problems with the chip itself (they also admitted this. finally, after tons of bullshit excuses). Hence the need for a rev2 (or even 3, or 4 ... who knows).

Problems with assembly can still come after that ...

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
Rudd-O

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 10:56:33 PM

Well, that's capitalism. Take chances, win big or lose your money.

If BFL does have ASICs, then the people who put their money on the line in pre-orders are going to have a heyday when it first gets released and the difficulty hasn't increased yet. The people who decided to wait will still have a chance to mine, but not until after the difficulty has ramped up.

If BFL doesn't have the ASICs... well. That's highly unfortunate, but hey; you're working with experimental technology that works with a relatively experimental e-currency, you have to expect that things might not turn out according to plan. Invest at your own risk.

I haven't pre-ordered (Although I gave the Jalapeno some serious thought with the low starting price), so I think I'll see how it works when the first people begin to get theirs and think about it.

I don't think BFL's behavior is capitalist, nor is this affair a capitalist affair.  It depends, right?  If BFL ever delivers, then this affair was only a bad investment (I'll leave it to the finance experts to figure out why).  If BFL does not deliver, then this affair was an example of fraud.  Fraud is not capitalism.  Investments are.  So the jury's still out.
Mytche

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:03:34 AM

I don't think they lied.  They are just making projections. 
Most new products without a large customer base are too agressive on their projections it seems.
jcortez1594

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:20:56 AM

Hopefully we can see shipments start to go out between the 24th and 31st...if not, refunds on January 1st were promised to be available.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:28:48 AM

Hopefully we can see shipments start to go out between the 24th and 31st...if not, refunds on January 1st were promised to be available.

They've already said it's going to be at least another 30 days (whether that's when they expect the chips to be completed or when they expect to receive them isn't clear).

They've also said that anyone who wants a refund can have one now.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
jcortez1594

Activity: 47

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:33:12 AM

They've already said it's going to be at least another 30 days (whether that's when they expect the chips to be completed or when they expect to receive them isn't clear).

Unofficial yet...but I was referring to "Assuming that date is correct, we would contractually have the chips in bulk no later than the 24th" on https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/251-more-jalapeno-pictures-shipping-update-44.html

Thanks for the update Smiley was unaware of the change in refund policy.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:38:35 AM

Unofficial yet...but I was referring to "Assuming that date is correct, we would contractually have the chips in bulk no later than the 24th" on https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/251-more-jalapeno-pictures-shipping-update-44.html

Thanks for the update Smiley was unaware of the change in refund policy.

10 December update.

After talking with our liaison tonight and still having not received a final confirmation date, we were as tired of this as everyone else is, so we continued to push for a date and they gave us 30 days from today.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/519-10-dec-2012-bfl-asic-update.html

From Jody's blog regarding refunds.

If we have extended our date beyond your ability to stick with us, we at Customer Service are ready to refund money for those who want to get out of the line.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/55-so-we-get-have-holiday.html

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
king_pin (OP)

Activity: 416

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 05:52:42 PM

Damn, even I didn't believe that BFL were a scam, but it more and more seems that way.

Help to save a persons life with BITCOIN - http://www.bitcoinsaves.org/en/
Silverbug

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:00:32 PM

Hmmm I hope this doesn't completely blow up in their faces.
tidus3

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:38:06 PM

damn I was thinking about preordering the jalapeno
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 12:00:29 AM

just wait, just 2 more months

LOL GOIN ON 4 MONTHS NOW. HINDSIGHT IS HILARIOUS!  Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

firefop

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 01:00:29 AM

just wait, just 2 more months

LOL GOIN ON 4 MONTHS NOW. HINDSIGHT IS HILARIOUS!  Cheesy

As you'll recall - I said it would be march at the earliest. I'll be pleased if they show up any sooner than that.

BFL_Theo

Activity: 46

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 05:56:57 AM

I see that we all are a little Disappointed but lets all just put a smile on, every company's has hick ups so please everyone be calm, I'm sure this time everything will be fine.

NOT A BFL STAFF
haorenzaoli

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 09:31:15 AM

It looks like a scam.
bce

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 13, 2012, 07:43:50 PM

Well at least we now know that the fab isn't in China, so no Chinese New Year delays.
2GOOD

Activity: 547
Merit: 531

First bits: 12good

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 07:58:04 PM

Well at least we now know that the fab isn't in China, so no Chinese New Year delays.

That's no relief at all, the point is that we are 4 months away from advertised date.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 09:44:43 PM

Just curious how the months of November and December add up to 4?  By my count, that is two.  Even if you include all of January, which is unlikley, that's 3.  So where does 4 come from?  Last I checked, 1 + 1 = 2 and 1+1+1 = 3.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Gamesfreak13563

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2012, 12:27:40 AM

I've been wondering whether or not it'd end up being profitable buying ASICs and what to get from them, or if it's better to just give up on bitcoin altogether. Would one Little SC be worth it? I don't want to wait ten months to make up all that profit
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: