Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:47:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Lesser Known Physical Crypto Coins, Paper Wallets  (Read 4030 times)
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:38:25 PM

There's actually one mint you've missed. I can't recall the name. It was an awesome looking coin, but I was never able to get my hands on one. I remember that you could disassemble the coin like a hollowed out penny.

Is it this?

http://www.coldco.in

I've seen them before on ebay, but thought it was more of a coin that could store a private key like a DIY, or anything for that matter, but it had a certain strange look to it.  Decisions...

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:41:03 PM

There's actually one mint you've missed. I can't recall the name. It was an awesome looking coin, but I was never able to get my hands on one. I remember that you could disassemble the coin like a hollowed out penny.

Is it this?

I've seen them before on ebay, but thought it was more of a coin that could store a private key like a DIY, or anything for that matter, but it had a certain strange look to it.  Decisions...

That's it! I've been meaning to get one, but 100$ at the current BTC prices is a bit too much for now. I'll wait around first.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:42:27 PM

Nice man, pretty comprehensive list you got there! Only ones I can think of that you don't have listed (that can hold private keys) are WoodWallets formerly at woodwallets.io (but they retired), and Infinitum Bitcoins, which come out in 18 days and I'm pretty excited about! Unfortunately I can't help you acquire those because I only have 1 WoodWallet, and the latter aren't released yet (but you can reserve a slot).

I can think of a few physical Bitcoins that aren't wallet-type coins (can't hold private keys) that you don't have listed, but I'm not sure if you're looking for those.

Hijacking the thread a bit, but since this is about collecting physical wallets/coins... It was pretty sad that those WoodWallets guys went offline. I have one of those (it has a Vanity address, so it's not for sale, sorry OP Grin) and it looks and feels really good. It's a cheap and pretty wallet, that's pretty useful as a gift too... And I just love wood stuff. Is there any competition, or any other physical wallet/coin that's made out of wood? Any from the list of the OP, maybe? I wouldn't mind getting something similar to what I have from WoodWallets

Wow...this is way too crazy of a topic for me right now.....since the woodcollector sham...I have fallen in love with lasered wood products as bitcoin wallets.. I even bought a laser myself.... not to derail my own paper wallet startup.. I have been thinking of a lasered wood wallet design that looks like a bearer bar made from rosewood with polymer inlay..  also a polymer clay bitcoin poker chip.... both with NFC tags embedded like the orange card from a few posts ago.....and would be able to log into any greenaddress wallet...or just store a private key.....I have a rosewood bar prototypes already....as far as the woodwallets...they can be lasered in less then 10 minutes...

Sounds really cool.  I bet people would love something like a bearer bar made of wood.  Very unique and different, especially if you offered different kinds of exotic woods for the crazy collectors like myself.  Just make sure you mention its not hand carved   Roll Eyes

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:44:33 PM

Is it this?

That's it! I've been meaning to get one, but 100$ at the current BTC prices is a bit too much for now. I'll wait around first.

Hit up monkeynuts.  I think he bought a few off ebay.

Seems like this thread is becoming more of a Public Service for others out there looking for different coins to feed their habit.  lol.  Happy to help in any way I can. 

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:19:00 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2015, 08:31:50 PM by BG4

Nice man, pretty comprehensive list you got there! Only ones I can think of that you don't have listed (that can hold private keys) are WoodWallets formerly at woodwallets.io (but they retired), and Infinitum Bitcoins, which come out in 18 days and I'm pretty excited about! Unfortunately I can't help you acquire those because I only have 1 WoodWallet, and the latter aren't released yet (but you can reserve a slot).

I can think of a few physical Bitcoins that aren't wallet-type coins (can't hold private keys) that you don't have listed, but I'm not sure if you're looking for those.

Hijacking the thread a bit, but since this is about collecting physical wallets/coins... It was pretty sad that those WoodWallets guys went offline. I have one of those (it has a Vanity address, so it's not for sale, sorry OP Grin) and it looks and feels really good. It's a cheap and pretty wallet, that's pretty useful as a gift too... And I just love wood stuff. Is there any competition, or any other physical wallet/coin that's made out of wood? Any from the list of the OP, maybe? I wouldn't mind getting something similar to what I have from WoodWallets

Wow...this is way too crazy of a topic for me right now.....since the woodcollector sham...I have fallen in love with lasered wood products as bitcoin wallets.. I even bought a laser myself.... not to derail my own paper wallet startup.. I have been thinking of a lasered wood wallet design that looks like a bearer bar made from rosewood with polymer inlay..  also a polymer clay bitcoin poker chip.... both with NFC tags embedded like the orange card from a few posts ago.....and would be able to log into any greenaddress wallet...or just store a private key.....I have a rosewood bar prototypes already....as far as the woodwallets...they can be lasered in less then 10 minutes...

Sounds really cool.  I bet people would love something like a bearer bar made of wood.  Very unique and different, especially if you offered different kinds of exotic woods for the crazy collectors like myself.  Just make sure you mention its not hand carved   Roll Eyes

And for the crazy collector ..How about my Bitcoin fossil Wallet....I can stick a NFC tag on the bottom of it ..... Rock solid security I swear .... O and that is Rosewood its setting on... The laser beam actually turned the rock into glass.....there is already a micro chip on the edge....as you can see

Also.... this is my Wooden bitcoin.... "LASERED" in Purpleheart...   NOT A WALLET...

Equinoxx

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 08:33:05 PM

And for the crazy collector ..How about my Bitcoin fossil Wallet....I can stick a NFC tag on the bottom of it ..... Rock solid security I swear .... O and that is Rosewood its setting on... The laser beam actually turned the rock into glass.....there is already a micro chip on the edge....as you can see
[img]https://i.imgur.com/FYQIPdD.jpg[/im]

Also.... this is my Wooden bitcoin.... "LASERED" in Purpleheart...   NOT A WALLET...
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YaELA1P.jpg[/im]

I would do anything to own a piece like that <3 How much do those go for?

-.sgmf
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:33:49 PM

Is it this?

Hit up monkeynuts.  I think he bought a few off ebay.

Seems like this thread is becoming more of a Public Service for others out there looking for different coins to feed their habit.  lol.  Happy to help in any way I can. 

Yep, from memory I picked up numbers 2, 3 and 4 ... but I would have to check to make sure.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 10:50:35 PM

Very nice list, reminds me to get a few that I haven't. Smiley

Monkey, around what did you pick them up for at the time?  I can only seem to find them on the website.

chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 09:47:14 AM

Wow! this list can sure be useful , i've just started feeding my addiction and hopefully one day i can share a long list like yours too Wink
Equinoxx

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:42:14 PM

Hey guys.. How much would a Casascius St. Pietersburg 2014 coin cost? I am looking to sell mine.

-.sgmf
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 10:07:49 PM

Hey guys.. How much would a Casascius St. Pietersburg 2014 coin cost? I am looking to sell mine.

I'll let others chime in, but I think roughly .5 to .6 BTC.   IIRC they were $100 retail, and I believe they are sold out.

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 10:23:14 PM

The infinitum coins look very nice but are quite expensive and have a high premium.   Cry Cry Cry
Equinoxx

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:23:52 AM

I'll let others chime in, but I think roughly .5 to .6 BTC.   IIRC they were $100 retail, and I believe they are sold out.

Wow! Not a bad $44+/- profit on 6 months for holding one coin.

-.sgmf
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 09:39:24 AM

I'll let others chime in, but I think roughly .5 to .6 BTC.   IIRC they were $100 retail, and I believe they are sold out.

There was even 50 x coupon, to the first who ordered, If I remember right it was 10% off + free shipping.
I missed out, because bitpay was making trouble, eventually I had to make a new order at full price.

About the % in increase in value, if you calculate things in bitcoins, then have the increase in price been much higher, since the exchange rate dropped around new year. So we are closer to 100% increase in value (in terms of bitcoin). I believe that 1 x Football coin was around 0.3 BTC just before Christmas.  

OT:
Nice collection you have there bithalo, can't help you out, I have decimated my collection to a few of the brands you have on the list, to concentrate purely on them Smiley

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 10:55:34 AM

OT:
Nice collection you have there bithalo, can't help you out, I have decimated my collection to a few of the brands you have on the list, to concentrate purely on them Smiley

Thanks TookDk

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:00:09 PM

even though it is an unfunded coin, there is the grbox2001 physical bitcoin that you have missed on the list?

edit: I'm still gonna snap a pic of the bitcoincard.de card when I get a chance Smiley

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:38:00 PM

even though it is an unfunded coin, there is the grbox2001 physical bitcoin that you have missed on the list?

edit: I'm still gonna snap a pic of the bitcoincard.de card when I get a chance Smiley

Thanks for mentioning that.  I don't collect coins without a private key stored.  There's a bunch on ebay like that which I don't collect.

I look forward to seeing the card.

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:20:28 PM

[img]https://i.imgur.com/FYQIPdD.jpg[/im]

[img]https://i.imgur.com/YaELA1P.jpg[/im]

I would do anything to own a piece like that <3 How much do those go for?

I never really put a price tag on them... The Purple heart B...I had the idea to laser a rubber stamp of  public and private keys and QR codes and glue it to the bottom....when you looked at it the stamp would be backwards and the QR code would not work...To get the QR to work... you would have to ink it and stamp it on paper to redeem it...
Equinoxx

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 03:37:00 AM

Do you guys think holding on to this coin would make a larger profit? Like hold on to it until the next coin gets released.

-.sgmf
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 07:21:11 AM

Do you guys think holding on to this coin would make a larger profit? Like hold on to it until the next coin gets released.

Nope I think you should sell it to me  Wink you know you want to.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: