Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:01:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Lesser Known Physical Crypto Coins, Paper Wallets  (Read 4030 times)
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 11, 2015, 10:42:31 AM

Nice man, pretty comprehensive list you got there! Only ones I can think of that you don't have listed (that can hold private keys) are WoodWallets formerly at woodwallets.io (but they retired), and Infinitum Bitcoins, which come out in 18 days and I'm pretty excited about! Unfortunately I can't help you acquire those because I only have 1 WoodWallet, and the latter aren't released yet (but you can reserve a slot).

I can think of a few physical Bitcoins that aren't wallet-type coins (can't hold private keys) that you don't have listed, but I'm not sure if you're looking for those.

Hijacking the thread a bit, but since this is about collecting physical wallets/coins... It was pretty sad that those WoodWallets guys went offline. I have one of those (it has a Vanity address, so it's not for sale, sorry OP Grin) and it looks and feels really good. It's a cheap and pretty wallet, that's pretty useful as a gift too... And I just love wood stuff. Is there any competition, or any other physical wallet/coin that's made out of wood? Any from the list of the OP, maybe? I wouldn't mind getting something similar to what I have from WoodWallets

Wow...this is way too crazy of a topic for me right now.....since the woodcollector sham...I have fallen in love with lasered wood products as bitcoin wallets.. I even bought a laser myself.... not to derail my own paper wallet startup.. I have been thinking of a lasered wood wallet design that looks like a bearer bar made from rosewood with polymer inlay..  also a polymer clay bitcoin poker chip.... both with NFC tags embedded like the orange card from a few posts ago.....and would be able to log into any greenaddress wallet...or just store a private key.....I have a rosewood bar prototypes already....as far as the woodwallets...they can be lasered in less then 10 minutes...

I don't want to comment in anything WoodCollector related. As for you, if you're upfront about everything you do and how you do it I guess you'll have many clients... Can't wait to see some designs Wink

Sounds really cool.  I bet people would love something like a bearer bar made of wood.  Very unique and different, especially if you offered different kinds of exotic woods for the crazy collectors like myself.  Just make sure you mention its not hand carved   Roll Eyes

It does sound cool... We need some wood stuff Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
InfinitumBitcoins

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 11:35:02 AM

Hello,

My name is Mandy from Infinitum Bitcoins. 

We have been selling our physical bitcoin since 25th May 2015 and have shipped almost a 1000 coins worldwide. 

Here are some actual product images

https://www.infinitumbitcoins.com/images/gallery/coinfront.jpg

https://www.infinitumbitcoins.com/images/gallery/coinback_hologram.jpg

There is also a more detailed thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1098217

Thanks

Mandy

Infinitum Bitcoins
www.Infinitumbitcoins.com
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 12:09:22 PM

Thanks Mandy.  I did order one of these when they came out. 

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
InfinitumBitcoins

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 12:22:12 PM

Hi,

Yes, You posted on this thread that you purchased coin number 14

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1078352.0

Coin number 14 was delivered 12 Jun 2015 15:24

I believe you where among the first people to order, Congratulations.

If you you have your coin handy upload some pics would be great if you shared your experience.

Mandy

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:16:48 PM

Hi,

Yes, You posted on this thread that you purchased coin number 14

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1078352.0

Coin number 14 was delivered 12 Jun 2015 15:24

I believe you where among the first people to order, Congratulations.

If you you have your coin handy upload some pics would be great if you shared your experience.

Mandy

Mandy,

I'll be honest.  I was disappointed in the finish of the coins.  The preorder pictures showed a ultra high relief with mirror like polished background.  After I preordered, the pictures were switched out with a much flatter design with rough sanded backgrounds.  I feel like it was a bait and switch for anybody who preordered and went off the original CAD design expecting that.   The coin could have had great potential, but I was extremely disappointed with the end result.   The price isn't cheap, so I expected a more premium product, similar to a Alitin Mint coin.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 06:49:33 PM

Could you post pictures of the coin you received?
When I go on the website the coin looks very high quality and as you said like the Alitin mint ones. I really like the design I saw on their site but I'm hesitant due to the price.
digicoinuser
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 07:08:12 PM
Last edit: June 26, 2015, 01:18:32 PM by digicoinuser

Hello,

My name is Mandy from Infinitum Bitcoins.  

We have been selling our physical bitcoin since 25th May 2015 and have shipped almost a 1000 coins worldwide.  

There is also a more detailed thread here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1098217

Thanks

Mandy
Infinitum Bitcoins

Mandy,
I have posted a question in the Infinitum thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1078352.msg11713234#msg11713234) asking about the difference of the coins design/manufacturing from the pre-order state to final state.  I would appreciate if your team could provide an answer as I'm on the fence for picking one up but would need this question cleared up.   Wink

Could you post pictures of the coin you received?
When I go on the website the coin looks very high quality and as you said like the Alitin mint ones. I really like the design I saw on their site but I'm hesitant due to the price.

AT101ET,
Here is the Infinitum thread (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1078352) for the coins in which iglasses posted some pretty nice pictures of the coin he received.   Smiley

InfinitumBitcoins

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 08:54:56 PM

After mentioning your feedback to Alec John our sales manager he has authorised the exchange of any customer who is not happy with there coin.

Please pm me if you wish to exchange out the coins. We will arrange new coin and send you pictures in advance so you can check. Once we receive your coins back we will ship out the replacements.

We strive to deliver good customer service and satisfy our customers. Overall we have had a great response from customers.  The antique process darkens the coin colour and brings out definitions which would otherwise be lost.

Mandy
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:17:25 PM

Maybe I will need to revisit this thread once I get more money to buy these coins Cheesy

bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:30:51 PM

After mentioning your feedback to Alec John our sales manager he has authorised the exchange of any customer who is not happy with there coin.

Please pm me if you wish to exchange out the coins. We will arrange new coin and send you pictures in advance so you can check. Once we receive your coins back we will ship out the replacements.

We strive to deliver good customer service and satisfy our customers. Overall we have had a great response from customers.  The antique process darkens the coin colour and brings out definitions which would otherwise be lost.

Mandy

Appreciate the offer.  I collect all crypto coins, so I'll keep it even if it's not what I expected.

Fortify
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1176

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 04:40:56 PM

Mandy

That's nice and all, but you haven't explained the difference between the high quality coin photos you posted and the less than stellar coins that arrived to customers?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 05:07:05 PM

Mandy

That's nice and all, but you haven't explained the difference between the high quality coin photos you posted and the less than stellar coins that arrived to customers?

In my opinion, the difference in photos is probably because it was hard to accurately depict the "Antique Silver" finish in the original CAD design posted on the website. If I remember correctly, an "Antique" type finish has to be rubbed onto the coin, which explains for the darker areas around the block of text to the right of Da Vinci. I.e.- It is harder to rub the finish around areas like that.

I could be wrong though, and this is taking bithalo's thread even more off-topic, but I'm just trying to provide an explanation. Not taking sides here.

InfinitumBitcoins

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 08:17:39 PM

Hello

I replied to this on another thread.  Here is the copy paste from that thread.

--------

Hello.

The original coin images where based on computer generated images and CAD drawings we received from the mint during the initial phase of manufacture relief images are made showing the detail and lettering of the coin.

The antiquing process is actually done by hand it gives an aged look to the coin and brings out fine definition in the hair and lettering.

The coins we showed during the initial phase and launch date where changed as soon as we recived the final coins.

In our second batch of coins we made some changes to buff the edges making them smoother. The coin manufacture process requires the coin to be struck 3 times to get the detail from the hair and beard.

The coins are then buffed to smooth out the edges (this was not done on the initial batch but has since been implemented) the coin is then washed and antiqued each coin is slightly different as the antique process is done by hand the images I posted are from a real coin from the first batch.

The coin you see here posted on this tread is a actual customers coin.

mandy
InfinitumBitcoins

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 10:24:06 AM

Hello All

Following the discussion regarding antiquing and what difference it makes to the coins I have today taken these images before and after shots

Please excuse my lack of photography skills.

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn183/InfinitumBitcoins/FullSizeRender_zpsgjzmranc.jpg

As you can see the antique effect brings out the details.

Mandy

Infinitum Bitcoins
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:00:34 PM

The CAD design that people preordered with showed more of a clean background with much less antiquing and ultra high relief.  

What I got was very rough sanded backgrounds with flat relief and tons of antiquing.  

I wouldn't care if people knew ahead of time what they were getting.

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 12:36:28 PM

I am no expert on photo forensic, but that picture with the hologram look pretty photoshopped to me.
I guess it is up to interpretation of "actual product images".
When I read "actual product images", then is my expectations a picture of the real physical product, not altered or modified.

Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that the coin exist, its only a matter of how the product is presented.
I think when selling premium coins, then is it better to exceed the customers expectations rather than disappoint them (imo).

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
InfinitumBitcoins

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 06:27:16 PM

Hello all

I have passed your comment on to Alec johns,  he has said on the next coin we will show the coin relief drawing and mark it as a cam design image. We will strive to make it clearer in future releases.

The Da Vinci coin as shown here is what customers will be receiving we have tonned down the antique effect around the text following comments we have recived.

The price increase will happen as scheduled, another price increase will happen closer to the end of the production run.

Mandy

spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:06:26 PM

You should take a picutre of all of them and post it here!  That is a lot of different wallets!
bithalo (OP)
Legendary

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:17:31 PM

You should take a picutre of all of them and post it here!  That is a lot of different wallets!

I'm out of town now, but could do that when I return in a couple days

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 08:30:52 PM

The price increase will happen as scheduled, another price increase will happen closer to the end of the production run.

$239 is a lot to pay for 2 oz of silver. $339 is crazy. I guess I'm just cheap.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: