Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 04:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a loan, Steam Key collateral  (Read 756 times)
UltraFRS (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:36:06 PM

Using 3 steam key's as collateral, FarSky, Run the Sun and Arena: Cyber Revolution Founders Pack DLC.

Total Collateral Fiat Value: £38.97
Total Collateral BTC Value: 0.2567 (At current exchange rate as of 9:00am 6/5/2015)

What I need: 0.2BTC
What for: Investment to buy CryptoSpots (currently trading on Alcurex at 125 Satoshi each)
How many will you buy: 80,000 @ 250 (Slightly less than the highest price which I was selling at myself yesterday)
Repayment by: 20/5/2015
Interest: 10%
Total Repayment: 0.22

Comment here to say you wish to provide the loan, Key's will be passed to any escrow you want me to use.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 05:20:19 PM

Using 3 steam key's as collateral, FarSky, Run the Sun and Arena: Cyber Revolution Founders Pack DLC.

Total Collateral BTC Value: 0.2567 (At current exchange rate as of 9:00am 6/5/2015)

What for: Investment to buy CryptoSpots (currently trading on Alcurex at 125 Satoshi each)
How many will you buy: 80,000 @ 250 (Slightly less than the highest price which I was selling at myself yesterday)

Comment here to say you wish to provide the loan, Key's will be passed to any escrow you want me to use.

To verify these keys work, won't the escrow/lender have to use them?
Once they are used, how can they be returned to you?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:24:43 PM

I think there is a way to see that these codes have not yet been used. You can simply fill in the code and not hit the follow-up button which means you are redeeming the game; if the game would have been redeemed already you will see that on first instance.

However, there is a way bigger risk of this: Here on BTC Talk, you can buy random Steam keys for $0.40 each. With some luck, with 3-4 keys (so $1.20 or $1.60) you will get 3-4 games worth $39 in total or so...  There is a huge risk in this deal, and therefore I personally would definately not participate in this. But that's personal for everybody.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:38:26 PM

I think there is a way to see that these codes have not yet been used. You can simply fill in the code and not hit the follow-up button which means you are redeeming the game; if the game would have been redeemed already you will see that on first instance.

However, there is a way bigger risk of this: Here on BTC Talk, you can buy random Steam keys for $0.40 each. With some luck, with 3-4 keys (so $1.20 or $1.60) you will get 3-4 games worth $39 in total or so...  There is a huge risk in this deal, and therefore I personally would definately not participate in this. But that's personal for everybody.

At the end the problem is not the "verification" of the keys, the problem is that those keys are not a valid collateral because the OP will still have those keys (so he can use them whenever he wants).
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:18:28 PM

At the end the problem is not the "verification" of the keys, the problem is that those keys are not a valid collateral because the OP will still have those keys (so he can use them whenever he wants).

That's true indeed. The seller can make use of these keys too untill someone has redeemed them. That, together with the thing I mentioned that for less than for example $2 you can have a value of $40 on Steam (by buying random codes), makes this very tricky.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
UltraFRS (OP)

Activity: 366
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 07:28:23 PM

I can understand that is tricky but I don't really have much to offer tbh.

I actually have 2 set's of the same key's so I have £78 of "potential" collateral. Other than that I have 20,000 CS which is what I am trying to buy more of with the investment so it would seem ointless in offering that as collateral imo.

My steam account itself is worth £178 but I don't really want to give someone access to that as it's where I keep all my RPG Maker Games that I make on the cloud.

Other than that I can only offer work such as graphical design, Youtube Video creation, Make you a game maybe a simple HTML and CSS based webpage or two. 
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 02:05:18 AM

Other than that I can only offer work such as graphical design, Youtube Video creation, Make you a game maybe a simple HTML and CSS based webpage or two. 

You can offer your services/skills for btc, seems like it would be better if you just did this instead of trying to take out a loan with bad/lack of collateral.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2015, 01:06:46 PM

You can offer your services/skills for btc, seems like it would be better if you just did this instead of trying to take out a loan with bad/lack of collateral.

True. I am even willing to pay you if you PM me with some samples of your work.

Termin4tor

Activity: 404
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:42:01 PM

Offering a steam key as a collateral for a loan does'nt seem right.

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██