Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:54:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of Non-BCST Ponzi's Still Running (with credit rating)  (Read 13323 times)
Metal

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:32:05 AM

Clearly, the "How to Identify a Ponzi" post wasn't clear enough. The very first "hint" that something "might" be a ponzi was: > 50% APR.

Indeed, it makes no sense to ask people to lend you money at those ridiculously high rates. It's literally pissing away money. Even credit card companies' usury rates are nowhere near as bad.

So, props to Micon for trying to make it clearer. Too bad nobody will listen, as usual.
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 10:46:58 AM

Clearly, the "How to Identify a Ponzi" post wasn't clear enough. The very first "hint" that something "might" be a ponzi was: > 50% APR.

Indeed, it makes no sense to ask people to lend you money at those ridiculously high rates. It's literally pissing away money. Even credit card companies' usury rates are nowhere near as bad.

So, props to Micon for trying to make it clearer. Too bad nobody will listen, as usual.

I ask you to join me Metal.

This culture of blatant scamming is embarrassing legit BTC operations like SealsWithClubs.  We can't be known as the scam-currency and expect to grow.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 10:52:44 AM

You can't correct people's greed.....

Look at GPUMAX, a 'Mining Service' ? Clearly a Money Laundering Operation, withheld miner payouts for days during this 'Pirate Fiasco' yet they get a quick taste of Bitcoins again and EVERYONE flocks back to them in droves.

People are fucking retards.

In the words of another great man, who, himself was a great scammer:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...and...er....we can't get fooled again

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 01:53:40 PM

http://ripper234.com/p/why-i-trust-patrick-harnett/

Disclosure I have small balances with Patrick Harnett and HashKing.  The reason I've split my money between two investors is to offer a better balance if one defaults.  Remember don't invest what you can't afford to loose.  Also I was discussing a possible very large loan off one of them not too long ago so I can see how they make money.

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 02:16:21 PM

The reason I've split my money between two investors is to offer a better balance if one defaults.

Well, under the circumstances, you should be thanking your lucky stars that you did.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 02:17:25 PM

Look at GPUMAX, a 'Mining Service' ? Clearly a Money Laundering Operation, withheld miner payouts for days during this 'Pirate Fiasco' yet they get a quick taste of Bitcoins again and EVERYONE flocks back to them in droves.
Although, payments are once again current. I just got paid by them again. Hey, maybe I have a part of your "2650" BTC  Wink

Hi PatrickHarnett's wife.  Nothing personal, just hate scams and feel the need to protect BTC.  Your husband is running a scam, and while it may be hard to accept it is the truth.
Can we please try to be civil? I can understand why Patrick wants to keep some of his personal details off the forum (although he's not terribly difficult to find if you look - If you must go on another crusade why not look up Patrick's phone number on google and you can call him to discuss this directly?)
I did have some small deposit with Patrick until recently - shortly after the BS&T collapse when my hopping proxy was also having a run of particularly bad luck, I decided to liquidate some of my investments until the storm died down, much as Kluge has done.

Speaking of which, why do you have Kluge on this list? Find me a ponzi that flat out stops accepting any new deposits due to market conditions. It's not even like Kluge's rates are hard to make in the bitcoin environment.

Finally - Quick question for Patrick - I notice you were buying BitcoinMax accounts soon after the BS&T collapse. How do you value these when determining overall liquidity (right now it seems like you've taken a really substantial hit on a mark-to-market basis) and what's your overall BS&T exposure looking like? That's got to be a pretty significant drag on your balance sheet...
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 03:00:32 PM

Although, payments are once again current. I just got paid by them again. Hey, maybe I have a part of your "2650" BTC  Wink

And there it is. Regardless of what Trendon has done or is involved in doing, at the end of the day, the community at large seems to have spoken again and what they are saying is: MONEY TALKS.

People can not be cured of GREED and will continue to use that service. As I have said previously, I was booted out of GPUMAX in Feb or March for 1 week, then got back in. I finally quit (by my own doing) in May. I didn't care about the extra $5/day I would make.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 03:18:43 PM

And there it is. Regardless of what Trendon has done or is involved in doing, at the end of the day, the community at large seems to have spoken again and what they are saying is: MONEY TALKS.

People can not be cured of GREED and will continue to use that service. As I have said previously, I was booted out of GPUMAX in Feb or March for 1 week, then got back in. I finally quit (by my own doing) in May. I didn't care about the extra $5/day I would make.

I would never use that GPUmax,,, Stuck to the regular pools from day 1...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 05:41:09 PM

We can't be known as the scam-currency and expect to grow.

Doesn't it simply prove that bitcoins are in fact becoming an accepted currency, now that all the scammers are here?

I would be more concerned if there were no scammers; then we'd have to worry!

bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 05:49:36 PM

Doesn't it simply prove that bitcoins are in fact becoming an accepted currency, now that all the scammers are here?

So by implication, if it's not worth stealing, it's not worth anything ?...lol

Shadow383

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 05:52:57 PM

So by implication, if it's not worth stealing, it's not worth anything ?...lol
Yeah pretty much.
Personally I can't wait for the first time I see a nigerian scammer try to explain to someone how to set up a MtGox account.
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 06:32:29 PM

This culture of blatant scamming is embarrassing legit BTC operations like SealsWithClubs.  We can't be known as the scam-currency and expect to grow.
Do you accept that some people borrow and pay back BTC at 10% per month in the lending section?

Do you accept that someone could borrow BTC for 1%/week, lend it out for 2.5% per week, then pay it back?
totaleclipseofthebank

Activity: 451

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:01:33 PM

You should add Obsi's 1%/day ponzi scheme to this list. OBSI.HRPT

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91646.0

Also, obsi's futurefund seems like a ridiculous scam. FUTUREFUND

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=87093.0

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:17:20 PM

Here is one for you. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77469.0
Not a ponzy but this guy is wasting investors coin fast.
It has lost more value in August than any of the defaulted PPT's.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
greyhawk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1009

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:29:08 PM

I love the part where he goes "I can't be labelled a scammer. I am a forum mod."  Cool
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 09:50:53 PM

This culture of blatant scamming is embarrassing legit BTC operations like SealsWithClubs.  We can't be known as the scam-currency and expect to grow.
Do you accept that some people borrow and pay back BTC at 10% per month in the lending section?

Do you accept that someone could borrow BTC for 1%/week, lend it out for 2.5% per week, then pay it back?

These are very good questions and are key to understanding these scams:  

1)  Yes, I fully accept that there are a handful of legitimate users borrowing at these high rates (more than 1% per week, 10% for a 1 month loan, etc)

2)  however, there are not nearly enough of them (go add up a month's worth) to support the giant sizes of these high interest borrowing scams.  Vescudo alone has $25k USD on deposit with him.  RustyRyan has $6k USD on deposit.  PatrickHarnett has $100k+ with him.

Everyone says "look guys - people borrow at X% per week So I borrow at (X-1)% per week from you, handle all the BS, and we'll share the profits"  At the current size of this community, you could do this for a few hundred coins per month and make a very small profit.

Judging by PatrickHarnett's amateur-hour "My First Balance Sheet" for Starfish:
Quote from: PatrickHarnett

July 2012 activity (updated 1 August 2012)
 - 14 loans repaid  (approx 7800BTC)
 - 32 loans current (approx 8800 BTC)
 - 66 deposits (total approx 15400)
 - deposits repaid during the month (at call) >3600

Total liabilities (Deposits + other commitments) = 19,700
Total assets (cash, BTC, investments) = 37,100
Net assets 17,400BTC

looks like he is loaning out $88k USD currently.  Seems like the community couldn't support a fraction of this.

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
Shadow383

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:55:02 PM

This culture of blatant scamming is embarrassing legit BTC operations like SealsWithClubs.  We can't be known as the scam-currency and expect to grow.

These are very good questions and are key to understanding these scams:  

1)  Yes, I fully accept that there are a handful of legitimate users borrowing at these high rates (more than 1% per week, 10% for a 1 month loan, etc)

2)  however, there are not nearly enough of them (go add up a month's worth) to support the giant sizes of these high interest borrowing scams.  Vescudo alone has $25k USD on deposit with him.  RustyRyan has $6k USD on deposit.  PatrickHarnett has $100k+ with him.

Everyone says "look guys - people borrow at X% per week So I borrow at (X-1)% per week from you, handle all the BS, and we'll share the profits"  At the current size of this community, you could do this for a few hundred coins per month and make a very small profit.

Net assets 17,400BTC

looks like he is loaning out $88k USD currently.  Seems like the community couldn't support a fraction of this.
A lot of bigger loans get made over IRC. For example Patrick has set up some big 4-figure BTC loans to gigavps over IRC. It's still possible (indeed likely) that some of the lenders are scamming, but your argument is flawed.
bitlane
Internet detective

I heart thebaron

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 09:59:00 PM

Net assets 17,400BTC

Hey Bryan, I don't want to get in the middle of this, but there are a few things that you are missing, in the current view of your 'Starfish Microscope'.....

I have borrowed from Pattrick previously at decent rates and I know for a fact that he also currently finances certain hardware purchases, so the $88k is very believable and from what I know, may even be lower than normal due to the recent uncertainty in the hardware marketplace with upcoming technology emerging.

...just a thought, as it was before 'your time' here.
Allan

Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 10:00:55 PM

A lot of bigger loans get made over IRC. For example Patrick has set up some big 4-figure BTC loans to gigavps over IRC. It's still possible (indeed likely) that some of the lenders are scamming, but your argument is flawed.

Yes, Micon's thinking seems to be based on the small selection of loan requests placed in the lending subforum. He underestimates the size of lending market.

People who take out large loans probably have existing relationships with the lendors and contact them directly. No need to post a thread.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 11:16:45 PM

Although I think this guy Micon is 100% correct, it won't make a difference. Not like everybody on this board doesn't realize they're investing in ponzi schemes. They do it anyways because they believe they'll get out before the scam goes tits up and make a quick couple of K. Look at all these ponzi's, this is not unique to bitcoin. Notice how senior members of the board get in early and get out quickly after making their couple of thousands. Then the scam bloats and pops, HYIP admin runs away with all the funds, restarts a new scheme and repeats.

http://www.talkgold.com/forum/f261-.html
http://www.hyipstalk.com/hyip-discussion/
http://www.hyipsurftalk.com/current-hyips-discussion/
http://www.dreamteammoney.com/index.php?showforum=111
http://www.italkcash.com/
http://www.hyipexplorer.com/member/
http://www.moneymakergroup.com/HYIP-High-Yield-Investme-f9.html (over 3 million posts in this HYIP forum base)

imho, bitcoin is perfectly suited for Ponzi/HYIP schemes. Not only can you sell the fact that bitcoin speculation can potentially pay off, but you can easily automate the scheme and run it even more anonymously than perfect money and liberty reserve. I'm surprised there isn't a massive bitcoin HYIP forum, and only a handful here. The only difference between the programs here and those other forums is the HYIP admin's didn't have to invest $50,000+ in advertising and listing fees to start their ponzi.

HYIP investment is just another form of gambling. Just like poker you believe you have the skills to game the system and beat everybody else who ends up losing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: