Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:35:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What Will it Take For BTC to Reach $1000?  (Read 21554 times)
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:35:32 PM

What Will it Take For BTC to Reach $1000?

Let's discuss.

It will happen very easy, remember when we shot past $266 when that was the previous ATH.  Once the bull market starts is the biggest show in town lets not forget.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 03:55:38 PM

Let's discuss.

It will happen very easy, remember when we shot past $266 when that was the previous ATH.  Once the bull market starts is the biggest show in town lets not forget.

And what will start the bull market in Bitcoin? I think that's really what this discussion is about - not the "yes it will" or "no it won't" but the - here's what's going to happen and why?

As I remember BTC shooting past $266 I'm reminded that BTC now trades at $238...

mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:53:56 AM

less dumping from everyone, less holding, less fud, and certainly more buyng

the usually duo about supply and demand

less holding? how so? if people don't hold their coins, how would you expect the price to reach $1000 holding is a crucial part of a high price.

if everything they do is holding, then the price won't magically rise, this is what i mean
Fully agree on Amph his statement

The only reason why bitcoin got any value at all is because people started using it for all kinda things.
If you simply stash it away like a few large owners do, it will not get any value.
Some say the value of bitcoin is not important but for mining it does.
Nobody wants to loose money, almost everyone in this game want profit.
The traders, shops, mining-equipment and exchange the list is endless.
Since its no longer profitable for most people on the planet, most pull out of that extreme sport which only ends up to be done by the very rich.

Well decentralized for how long look at how many pools are left... not really decentralized at all in my opinion
It is impossible for every one to just hold their coins. Every one want profit so there are definitely some ppl who are trading it frequently. But it is not the right way to get the price reach $1000. It just creates bubble and cannot last long. We don't need the way used in 2013. Ppl will find the benefits of using bitcoin as its ecosystem is improving, and find reasons to use it. The price will be steady  to increase!   

Nope some of them will hold their coins just incase the price is going up again after that, some of them really want a big profit from this bitcoin thats why they just save for the best price they can. Yes everyone sure want get profit but how much profit do you want to get? If you buy bitcoin for $100 and then you sell it for $101 , this is also a profit too

That's Correct. Whatever price above the initial investment is a profit. So If I have bought bitcoin at $100 and if it reaches $200 I would think of selling it as it is giving me double profit. And it is really hard to judge whether bitcoin will reach at $1000 or not.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:09:14 AM

Bitcoin is a transactional currency. As such, it is competing for market share on the transactional currency market.

Talking about bitcoin value is not about happily watching numbers go up and down while having popcorn. This is about identifying global market, looking at its size and estimating a target market share based on the strengths and weaknesses of the competing product will determine the prices of BTC in future.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:49:18 AM

Outside from the obvious adoption with more merchants, and more user bases coming from traditional investors of a etf passes or something.

I say, when the bitcoin core actually takes on faster transactions when blocks are all mined.

Of decreased confirmation times 10 mins at max.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:49:06 AM

Let's discuss.

And what will start the bull market in Bitcoin? I think that's really what this discussion is about - not the "yes it will" or "no it won't" but the - here's what's going to happen and why?

As I remember BTC shooting past $266 I'm reminded that BTC now trades at $238...

all the recents good news should start the bull market, it's only a matter of time at this point, but in the best case scenario i would not expect a fast rise, to reverse the trend you need plenty of time because now everyone is accustomed to short and to the bearish market
zendantom

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 06:56:57 AM

Let's discuss.

It will be at $50k per BTC by 2020. Mining will mostly be dead by then, demand will have gone up and supply will be down. Acquiring will be much easier, and using will be much easier with additions such as address aliases. The unbanked in poor countries will be able to participate in online commerce easily, and for supply to go up, the decimal point must shift right to create enough of the currency to keep up with demand.

RedhatCAT

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:00:03 PM

BTC will hit $1000+ again but no time soon, ONLY after security measures are put in place to make BTC a "safe" investment. Safe in terms of reasonable investment security, currently there are far too many ways to lose your money than to make it.
BRE
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1014

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 03:27:24 PM

Halving
More merchants accept bitcoin
Stop using paypal, shity coins and began to use bitcoin as internet currency  Tongue

Lucky.lat | Marketing Solutions & Implementations

https://lucky.lat/

Contact Us!
sales@lucky.lat
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:42:05 PM

BTC will hit $1000+ again but no time soon, ONLY after security measures are put in place to make BTC a "safe" investment. Safe in terms of reasonable investment security, currently there are far too many ways to lose your money than to make it.

Why you want to lose all your bitcoin if you can earn it easily? You can save it right? Make it to paper wallet to make sure it is really save, and you dont need to gambling to earn what you loss. If you did that you will lose more and more. For this time I guess you must get as many stacks as you can, when we face the halving time, that is the time we get a real profit
The Bad Guy

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:16:51 PM

Let's discuss.

Well basically something logical , more demand . or at least 500$ / BTC before the next halving block reward happens so when it happens from 25 BTC to 12.5 BTC price should be doubled if demand stays the same or rise . Let's hope it will happen Grin I missed the 2013 pump i hope I won't miss it again

Clint

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:59:41 PM

I think Bitcoin is just like any other currency. How does a currency rise or fall? It needs basic supply and demand, investments, and exchange. Bitcoin it self needs to be more and more globalized for people to use. The more people using it, means more people are going to be trading and exchanging with bitcoin.  Wink

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:14:33 PM

Let's discuss.

for this year, i am not sure btc to reach $1000
but for next year maybe because there will be halving for btc.
I hope for the next year btc to reach it.

It can reach this year. It can reach next month. It can even reach $1000 next week. It will happen when we will least expect.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 06:20:25 AM

Heat death of the universe.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:39:15 AM

We need more attractive ways in which to hold btc..If there was a btc bank that would give us interest or a bonus for holding bitcoin I am sure you would get even every grandmother in town opening a bitcoin savings account for their grandkids lol..it's that simple in my books..  Grin

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:23:38 PM

We need more attractive ways in which to hold btc..If there was a btc bank that would give us interest or a bonus for holding bitcoin I am sure you would get even every grandmother in town opening a bitcoin savings account for their grandkids lol..it's that simple in my books..  Grin

That is a great idea but how are you going to have btc bank if there is no support from government? Bitcoin must make a good impression to every government in this world so they can start coalition that try to open btc bank so every player in this world should have a same chance as a fiat user
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1530

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:06:53 PM

Uncertainty. The last Bitcoin pump in the end of 2013 was resulted by a uncertainty of the continued existence of the Euro Zone.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:30:42 PM

Uncertainty. The last Bitcoin pump in the end of 2013 was resulted by a uncertainty of the continued existence of the Euro Zone.

I think the link with wider economics is fairly tenuous. Bitcoiners are a very fringe bunch. I think it can act as inspiration to them but I'd say 2013 was mainly about Chinese excitement.
thy

Activity: 685
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 02:02:35 AM

Let's discuss.
It will eventually get there again without any thing have to change but there is a number of factors can speed up he process for example when new more efficient miners starts to mine, a rising bitcoin difficulty in general, if miners is demanding higher price for there mined bitcoins that they choose to sell, miners keeping a higher portion of there mined bitcoins, bitcoin accepting merchants/bitcoin processors keeping a higher percent of the sold amount in bitcoins, if bitcoin accepting merchants/bitcoin processors try to sell for slightly above marketprice instead of at marketprice in a higher degree than today, if the big investors that has been buying into bitcoin cheep the last 1.5 years decide they have accired enouth bitcoins and that its time for the price to go back up again, time is also a factor that will work in favor for higher bitcoin prices, when the bitcoin halving occurs in around 60 weeks time there will be even more pressure on the price for it to go up for example.

operrajunk74

Activity: 344

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:36:44 PM

I think Bitcoin is just like any other currency. How does a currency rise or fall? It needs basic supply and demand, investments, and exchange. Bitcoin it self needs to be more and more globalized for people to use. The more people using it, means more people are going to be trading and exchanging with bitcoin.  Wink

That is true. It basically depends on demand and supply if the demand goes high the supply will go high and the prices of bitcoin will reach the desired value and it is only possible if the adoption level goes high people should start adopting bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: