Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 03:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Kleineaap defaulted on a loan  (Read 2245 times)
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:53:45 AM

kleineaap took a loan of 0.1BTC on the 22nd

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=772348.msg11161416#msg11161416

He was due on the 27th

His bad english makes it seem like he sold the account to someone after taking the loan

Looking for a signature campaign.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 12:46:50 PM

Im schizophrenic, lmao that killed me, anyways i dont think people that dont pay loans should have a post here because this would be filled with it, i see you already gave him negative trust wich is pretty much enough.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 04:50:17 PM

Im schizophrenic, lmao that killed me, anyways i dont think people that dont pay loans should have a post here because this would be filled with it, i see you already gave him negative trust wich is pretty much enough.

Yeahh, but I'm not on the default trust list
So he doesn't appear red to others
That's why I posted here

Tomatocage left rep now so we saved a couple of people from possible scam Smiley

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 05:21:17 PM

Yeahh, but I'm not on the default trust list
So he doesn't appear red to others
That's why I posted here

Tomatocage left rep now so we saved a couple of people from possible scam Smiley

Had you insisted on collateral............

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:28:19 PM

He took a 0.5 BTC loan from me earlier :/

I consider a Sr.member acc worth more then 0.1 BTC, that's why I usually gave no collateral loans up to that amount

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 06:48:30 PM

I consider a Sr.member acc worth more then 0.1 BTC, that's why I usually gave no collateral loans up to that amount
If you took his loan as collateral for that much then you would be able to sell it when he defaults. Just because he can no longer sell it for a higher amount until he repays the loan doesn't mean he still can't get paid from signature deals (like bitmixer) to earn something from his account.

You really should not lend to anyone without collateral unless they have massive amounts of positive trust and should ignore previous loans by most lenders because a lot of the time they are probably just lending to themselves.
iluvbitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 07:03:34 PM

If you took his loan as collateral for that much then you would be able to sell it when he defaults. Just because he can no longer sell it for a higher amount until he repays the loan doesn't mean he still can't get paid from signature deals (like bitmixer) to earn something from his account.

You really should not lend to anyone without collateral unless they have massive amounts of positive trust and should ignore previous loans by most lenders because a lot of the time they are probably just lending to themselves.

I wouldn't negative rep him yet, but as it seems to me that this isn't him

He spoke good english before, I think the account was sold without the current owner knowing about the loan

I sent him a PM saying I can take his account as payment since it's worth more then 0.1BTC

I'll see what happens Smiley

kulme

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 08:28:55 PM

His bad english makes it seem like he sold the account to someone after taking the loan
Going through his posts, I still feel he is still the same person based on his recent ones. However there seems to be a transition in his posting style, beyond a few pages down, which makes me feel the account was sold a few days before the loan.

Kulme
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
May 07, 2015, 09:50:34 PM

I wouldn't negative rep him yet, but as it seems to me that this isn't him

He spoke good english before, I think the account was sold without the current owner knowing about the loan

I sent him a PM saying I can take his account as payment since it's worth more then 0.1BTC

I'll see what happens Smiley

It DOES deserve negative or at the least neutral feedback because it's a sold/potentially sold account and all dealings and previous feedback is now garbage.

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
kleineaap

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 11:54:31 AM

It's not a sold account. Sorry for any troubles or confusion.

Loan was repaid.

EDIT: 50b45c36648ea5a698ba3dd3f529ead0531cc06aff7296b982eb312a376cb74e

| Minexcoin A new era of payments

LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 01, 2015, 08:07:07 PM

It's not a sold account. Sorry for any troubles or confusion.

Loan was repaid.

EDIT: 50b45c36648ea5a698ba3dd3f529ead0531cc06aff7296b982eb312a376cb74e

What loan? I thought you never borrowed money from him, so why would you pay back a loan that you never took out?

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
kleineaap

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 02:36:08 AM

Whatever man.

It took me a while but I'm back on my track. 3 fucking months.

However ridiculous it sounds for you guys.. in this forum I don't expect anybody to believe me.
You think I am a scammer? Fine. I don't want to discuss private matters in public.

Sure I was late as fuck with repayment, but I kept sporadic contact with lender, and paid back as soon as I arrived home again.

I understand it looks like I sold my account and that is easier to believe that than the real story.

Take it as you will.

sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 01:16:18 PM

Real story? What real story? You can't really expect anybody to believe you if you don't tell us what's going on.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 02:54:20 PM

Regardless of the story he is telling, at least he paid it back. I would expect some interest for the extra time though.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 03:20:20 PM

I will be removing my negative feedback after sometime. I will be watching!

kleineaap

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 04:22:22 PM

Real story? What real story? You can't really expect anybody to believe you if you don't tell us what's going on.

No offense but I'd prefer not to go into details of my personal life and health. The transition in writing style and mood that you guys refer to is a health condition.

Regardless of the story he is telling, at least he paid it back. I would expect some interest for the extra time though.

I believe I repaid with interest, not sure if it's enough but I'm willing to fix that.

I will be removing my negative feedback after sometime. I will be watching!

About the trust system and such, I believe you had the right to mark me untrustworthy during the default. Not now after I repay the debt.
Those who believe I can't be trusted, leave your negative trust as it is. Otherwise, I'd appreciate if you'd remove it.

On a final note, OP would send me a message occasionally about it to which I would respond. We even discussed the possibility of him taking my account as repayment.
This thread was up in the meantime and I wasn't aware of it. I don't know what scammers do but if I wanted to steal I'd not reply to OP during the default or come back to repay at all.

Anyway, just wanted to clear things up.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 05:18:32 PM

-snip-

Can you confirm the address 1GiCrkr2QDFSMVAxFCVoJaEVoq6d2uXbFc is yours please?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 05:28:11 PM

-snip-

iluvbitcoins left a feedback on kleineaap's profile.

Quote from: iluvbitcoins
Gave him a 0.1 bitcoin loan on 22nd April, he was due 0.11 on 27th April
When I asked him about repayment, he said what repayment
But after over 3 months (1st August) he repaid 0.15 btc

sdmathis

Activity: 546

AKA The Rubber Monkey

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 05:37:52 PM

No offense but I'd prefer not to go into details of my personal life and health. The transition in writing style and mood that you guys refer to is a health condition.

That's understandable, but you can't really blame people for not believing an untold story.

As for your health, I'm glad that you're doing better. I certainly understand health issues. It was heart issues that forced me to step back from the Vericoin team, so I know what health issues can do.

I wish you the best of luck (and health) in your future.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 06:33:08 PM

-snip-

iluvbitcoins left a feedback on kleineaap's profile.

Quote from: iluvbitcoins
Gave him a 0.1 bitcoin loan on 22nd April, he was due 0.11 on 27th April
When I asked him about repayment, he said what repayment
But after over 3 months (1st August) he repaid 0.15 btc

Thanks missed that, removed my rating.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: