Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:56:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting bitcoin mining  (Read 1880 times)
RoughLyfe (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 04:47:11 AM

Hello,I'm planning to start bitcoin mining in the summer.What do I need to buy,know and do to get started.And what would make me the most money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 05:14:07 AM

What state or country are you mining from? (gives us a idea of weather).   

Also what is your electricity price? (determines new or used gear)
Mapuo

Activity: 910
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 07:49:37 AM

Hello,I'm planning to start bitcoin mining in the summer.What do I need to buy,know and do to get started.And what would make me the most money.

You need some of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=902305.0 also read https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=671189.0
And big patience.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 12:27:50 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2015, 04:02:33 PM by Amph

isn't better to wait autumn? which could bring some surprises in terms of new devices and you can exploit the heat to heat your house/room

i don't think is a good idea to start at the doors of summer
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2015, 02:54:26 PM

Oh good... another "I want to print magic internet money and get rich!" thread.  OP, assuming you're even still around, you might want to take a look around the forums a bit and read a few threads to find out whether or not you should even consider getting into mining.  Just coming on and asking for everyone to provide you the answers on how to get rich mining is not going to work.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 08, 2015, 03:25:43 PM

here we go again:) please forget about it, buy some bitcoin and store it, there are no moeny printing machines anymore, you are couple of years late. and btw as some smart guy said here:

"unless you've got efficient hardware and dirt cheap electricity don't bother mining unless it's a hobby, you're better off just buying bitcoin"
RoughLyfe (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:20:40 AM

Im mining from california,and im not sure but Id prefer new gear
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:28:32 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2015, 01:52:49 AM by notlist3d

California depending on location can have big electricity pricing.   Before dropping money on gear what is your electricity price?   If you are really not sure you should not enter this game.

You can find the rate on your bill, or website of your electric company can give an idea.  Best is bill though as you can see stuff added on.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:56:11 AM

What size of the investment we talk about here? Home mining? Large scale mining?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:10:29 AM

What size of the investment we talk about here? Home mining? Large scale mining?

Before any of this we still need to know electricity price, which he didn't know if i understood.

I gave tips to find out.  But you have to know electricity before really moving forward unless hosting somewhere.
MonkeyCoin11

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:15:05 AM

Check your electricity price, if it's too high give up or find a way to produce your own electricity (which would be maybe too expensive invest).
I already thought in starting BTC mining, but my electricity price is too high for it Sad
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:34:20 AM

Check your electricity price, if it's too high give up or find a way to produce your own electricity (which would be maybe too expensive invest).
I already thought in starting BTC mining, but my electricity price is too high for it Sad

if you can find a way to produce electricity than it would be better to sell it instead of mining, you would earn more, especially if you sell it abroad
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 07:42:04 AM

if you can find a way to produce electricity than it would be better to sell it instead of mining, you would earn more, especially if you sell it abroad

Or you might be better off buying cheap electricity and following it.   The big companies are able to follow the cheap electricity.

Think of the overhead of most electricity plants that produce in big quantity.  Your talking about entering a entire different business.  Where are you getting this data from?
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:20:06 AM

Or you might be better off buying cheap electricity and following it.   The big companies are able to follow the cheap electricity.

Think of the overhead of most electricity plants that produce in big quantity.  Your talking about entering a entire different business.  Where are you getting this data from?

i know some people(in my local section) that produce energy directly and they were looking for mining, but they also said that it would be better to sell their power instead of using it, profit is guaranteed and it would come  much faster in comparison with mining
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 09:21:47 AM

i know some people(in my local section) that produce energy directly and they were looking for mining, but they also said that it would be better to sell their power instead of using it, profit is guaranteed and it would come  much faster in comparison with mining

Interesting how are they "producing" it?  Wind, solar, etc?   

Is it in a high electricity rate area?   Sounds like a neat way to make money
photon_coin

Activity: 310
Merit: 256

Photon --- The First Child Of Blake Coin --Merged

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 05:32:10 PM

start sooner vs. later, difficulty tends to keep going up , also the block award will decrease to 12.5 will be here before you know it...

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:10:35 PM

start sooner vs. later, difficulty tends to keep going up , also the block award will decrease to 12.5 will be here before you know it...

We still have a while before the halving.   I would say there is at least one more generation of miner's before halving.

Once we are less then a year I will think different.  But still have over a year.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 06:25:18 PM

We still have a while before the halving.   I would say there is at least one more generation of miner's before halving.

Once we are less then a year I will think different.  But still have over a year.
The halving should prove to be quite interesting.  When it went from 50 to 25, there wasn't a whole lot of fanfare... of course, in 2012 there weren't as many players in the market.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 06:40:47 PM

The halving should prove to be quite interesting.  When it went from 50 to 25, there wasn't a whole lot of fanfare... of course, in 2012 there weren't as many players in the market.

Halving no doubt will be huge in btc mining.  I'm not saying it's not going to change things.

A rough estimate is  Reward-Drop ETA: 2016-07-29 05:38:54 UTC (63 weeks, 5 days, 16 hours) .  So a year and two months.   I think most when looking shoot for under a year for sure.   

If you were planning on over a year to ROI yes I guess it could effect you, but I hope most are under this.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 08:02:10 PM

Well a nice test of what s going to happen will be LTC block halving. I do not expect much to tell u the truth.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: