Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 12:06:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Before the earthquake, Nepali People killed 250,000 cows to celebrate festival  (Read 4582 times)
Anony

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 15, 2015, 10:09:42 AM

We humans have the most developed brain & organs. Why do we need to kill animals just to eat We breed them so that we can eat them. What is the difference between other animals and us who eat meat? We have abundant source of natural resources to fulfill our needs.

I knew this will come up. Though let me say it this way. When you show me how the cows stop eating away the living lifeform grass then i might consider stopping eating the cows.

Truth is that every human only survives when it devours other life. Only because some humans think they are better because they only devour life that doesnt have a face, doesnt make this truth less valid.

And claiming that humans can chose to only eat their "smallest brothers and sisters", what kind of attitude is that? We arent made for vegetarian only nutrition. Our organs show this. Of course one might chose a diet of only vegetarian source, though thats up to him. Others might not want this because of the risks and because its hypocritical to claim that one is a better human when he only eats the life that cant fight back at all.

Damn, i knew this would turn out to be this discussion again. But truth is and remains... humans only survive when devouring other life. Blame god or whatever, but its the truth. And humans have to deal with it.

Agree with you. That is the provision made available to us. Stronger survives, weaker perishes. But still we can control it if we want to or let it be as it is. Smiley

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1512

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 07:02:56 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2015, 07:21:38 PM by jayce

I think all of animal activist in the world cursed Nepal because of the festival, so the country got disaster after that. Actually, we can't blame ritual or culture of other country, but we are living in modern era, so we need to think logically about the ritual that against natural science.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2015, 10:23:55 PM

We humans have the most developed brain & organs. Why do we need to kill animals just to eat We breed them so that we can eat them. What is the difference between other animals and us who eat meat? We have abundant source of natural resources to fulfill our needs.

I knew this will come up. Though let me say it this way. When you show me how the cows stop eating away the living lifeform grass then i might consider stopping eating the cows.

Truth is that every human only survives when it devours other life. Only because some humans think they are better because they only devour life that doesnt have a face, doesnt make this truth less valid.

And claiming that humans can chose to only eat their "smallest brothers and sisters", what kind of attitude is that? We arent made for vegetarian only nutrition. Our organs show this. Of course one might chose a diet of only vegetarian source, though thats up to him. Others might not want this because of the risks and because its hypocritical to claim that one is a better human when he only eats the life that cant fight back at all.

Damn, i knew this would turn out to be this discussion again. But truth is and remains... humans only survive when devouring other life. Blame god or whatever, but its the truth. And humans have to deal with it.

Agree with you. That is the provision made available to us. Stronger survives, weaker perishes. But still we can control it if we want to or let it be as it is. Smiley

I know what you mean and i thought about this carefully already. Even tried vegetarian so that i know what i speak about. I cant live that way. These products they sell as meat replacement taste like bread and you always have the feeling somethings missing.

I think i should not try to go against nature, our inner organs are neither those of carnivores nor those of plant eating animals. So since we are made like this i think nature shows us whats the right choice of nurture is. We simply cant avoid devouring life so at the end i would not feel better to "only" eat my smallest brothers and sisters on earth. We are made like this and have to accept it.

Not like these extremists in some developed countries that think they have to even feed their carnivourous pets, like cats and dogs, a vegetarian diet. Thats so wrong that it looks like abuse to me.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:21:50 AM

I think all of animal activist in the world cursed Nepal because of the festival, so the country got disaster after that. Actually, we can't blame ritual or culture of other country, but we are living in modern era, so we need to think logically about the ritual that against natural science.

Do you really thing that a "curse" caused the recent earthquake in Nepal, which killed more than 10,000 innocent people? Do you know what causes an earthquake? Ever heard of plate movements? And if the recent earthquake was caused as a result of this "curse", then why it didn't occurred earlier, as the festival has been going on for thousands of years.

jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 11:21:51 AM

Do you really thing that a "curse" caused the recent earthquake in Nepal, which killed more than 10,000 innocent people? Do you know what causes an earthquake? Ever heard of plate movements? And if the recent earthquake was caused as a result of this "curse", then why it didn't occurred earlier, as the festival has been going on for thousands of years.

I can't believe that you considered my opinion was a main cause of disaster. It just my expression after read the article of "ritual" that sacrifice thousands of buffaloes. I have studied about plate movements, earthquake, tsunami, etc in my school.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 12:05:43 PM

I never said anything about eating brothers and sisters. The point is if you think that humans have been made like that, and that is the course of the nature, then we should follow the course of the nature in a complete manner. Everyone should hunt and then eat, like other animals do. Truth is we humans have become very selfish. We always chose what is the best for us, even if that is a problem for others.

Anony

Activity: 308

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 01:27:41 PM

You cannot change everyone's thinking, right? All you can do is live the life in the way you want to. These killings of cows and buffaloes will again happen next year. In fact, now the possibility is that the numbers might be even more increased.

I know what you mean and i thought about this carefully already. Even tried vegetarian so that i know what i speak about. I cant live that way. These products they sell as meat replacement taste like bread and you always have the feeling somethings missing.

I think i should not try to go against nature, our inner organs are neither those of carnivores nor those of plant eating animals. So since we are made like this i think nature shows us whats the right choice of nurture is. We simply cant avoid devouring life so at the end i would not feel better to "only" eat my smallest brothers and sisters on earth. We are made like this and have to accept it.

Not like these extremists in some developed countries that think they have to even feed their carnivourous pets, like cats and dogs, a vegetarian diet. Thats so wrong that it looks like abuse to me.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:06:12 PM

I can't believe that you considered my opinion was a main cause of disaster. It just my expression after read the article of "ritual" that sacrifice thousands of buffaloes. I have studied about plate movements, earthquake, tsunami, etc in my school.

Then what did you really meant, when you posted "all of animal activist in the world cursed Nepal because of the festival, so the country got disaster after that"? Many of the world religions do have customs and practices, which are considered unacceptable in some parts of the world. Even Abrahamic religions such as Christianity and Islam are having such practices.
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 03:28:02 PM

Then what did you really meant, when you posted "all of animal activist in the world cursed Nepal because of the festival, so the country got disaster after that"? Many of the world religions do have customs and practices, which are considered unacceptable in some parts of the world. Even Abrahamic religions such as Christianity and Islam are having such practices.

Can you understand what I said before? It just my expression about buffaloes sacrifices. And if you meant Idul Adha, do you know that the animal like cow and goat that sacrificed by them, would be given to paupers so then they can cook the meat in their house? So what about the buffaloes in the ritual? Do you think there is someone that will bring the meat and cook it?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:52:44 PM

I never said anything about eating brothers and sisters. The point is if you think that humans have been made like that, and that is the course of the nature, then we should follow the course of the nature in a complete manner. Everyone should hunt and then eat, like other animals do. Truth is we humans have become very selfish. We always chose what is the best for us, even if that is a problem for others.

Im not sure if i can follow you on that. Why should be hunt ourself. Its legit that we have a society where specialized persons to tasks they are specialized in. That improves the overall performance of the society.

Still our bodies dont change only because we start to eat in a way that is different from what our bodies need.

I brought brothers and sister into the conversation because if you consider animals as such then plants are them too. Only smaller ones.

Why should we chose to eat a way that we are not made for? Of course we NEED to choise what is good and best for us in this case. And we cant avoid that. Why should we decide that the problem of a plant, that we kill by eating, is no problem, but the problem of a cow that we kill, so that we can eat her, is a problem?

We dont need to speak about their lives. That leaves room open for optimizations.

mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:08:32 PM

What kind of xit is this ,uncivilized people. Karma is Real.

Karma isn't real, and do you not eat meat or wear leather? Millions of cattle are killed every year all over the world so I don't see why it's that much different (though as I said above its wasteful if they do not do anything with the meat/skins etc).

And also, the pictures were accounted for 2009 which was portrayed as if it happened days before the Nepal earthquake. And aptly described, karma isn't real (:

siwakotisaurav

Activity: 577
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:18:33 PM

First off cows are sacred to Hindus so they are not killed. Secondly, you might wanna ask how do I know, well I'm a Nepali . Better see the news carefully before you post. Thirdly, it depends on people's faith , no one has the right to decide how one's customs should be. And thirdly, no I don't believe in such rituals.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:55:23 PM

First off cows are sacred to Hindus so they are not killed. Secondly, you might wanna ask how do I know, well I'm a Nepali . Better see the news carefully before you post. Thirdly, it depends on people's faith , no one has the right to decide how one's customs should be. And thirdly, no I don't believe in such rituals.

Exactly. Killing of cows and bulls are a punishable offense in Nepal, as it is against the Hindu culture. Most of the animals which are slaughtered in this festival are water buffaloes, chicken, pigs, and goats.

And 90% of the devotees come from the Madhesi regions of India. The remaining 10% are ethnic Madhesi having Nepali citizenship. Ethnic Nepali Hindus never participate in this festival. Nepal is a multi-ethnic country, with close to 200 different ethnic groups. Some of these groups are culturally different from the ethnic Nepali Hindus.
JarvisTechnology

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:26:54 PM

Im not sure if i can follow you on that. Why should be hunt ourself. Its legit that we have a society where specialized persons to tasks they are specialized in. That improves the overall performance of the society.

Still our bodies dont change only because we start to eat in a way that is different from what our bodies need.

I brought brothers and sister into the conversation because if you consider animals as such then plants are them too. Only smaller ones.

Why should we chose to eat a way that we are not made for? Of course we NEED to choise what is good and best for us in this case. And we cant avoid that. Why should we decide that the problem of a plant, that we kill by eating, is no problem, but the problem of a cow that we kill, so that we can eat her, is a problem?

We dont need to speak about their lives. That leaves room open for optimizations.

Cool buddy Grin You won't stop eating animals and I won't stop eating plants. So just relax and live and let leave. Peace  Wink

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 05:31:04 PM

So none of you guys eat meat? Where do think meat comes from?

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 06:29:19 PM

What a waste of good meat.

How is this simply a waste of good meat? Just because animals cannot speak, we can consider them as only food? Then perhaps the thousands of people protesting against the Yulin Dog Meat Eating Festival are fools as well.
To me, animal sacrifice does not make sense at all. I don't think any God or Goddess would want humans to kill innocent creatures in their name.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2015, 10:47:03 PM

Cool buddy Grin You won't stop eating animals and I won't stop eating plants. So just relax and live and let leave. Peace  Wink

I agree. You probably know as well as iam that this is a topic where its impossible to convince the other side.

Maybe some day mankind will develop a different way of living but so far we are bound to the laws of nature. Its not the worst thin so far. Smiley

bitnanigans

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:59:25 AM

They just killed the cows and left them there? Damn! That's a lot of meat gone to waste. Sad
eXpl0sive

Activity: 574
Merit: 502

waiting to explode

View Profile
July 30, 2015, 04:55:21 AM

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/animal-sacrifice-banned-in-nepals-gadhimai-festival/16408196

This is some good news.
Animal sacrifice banned in Nepal's Gadhimai festival.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █