Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:05:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitgold, now Goldmoney  (Read 7799 times)
katerniko1
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 12:51:50 AM

its just a not developing project.. they said that you will be able to sell your gold for btc but after 1-2 months still nothing so i dont give much faith in it.. Smiley
but as you wish Cheesy
regards.
-Katerniko1
oni.saori

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 04:55:31 AM

Owh i see, now i know why i only got free 0.25 gr not like others that got 0.5 gr.. Its based from our nationality..

And they need all info from ours to get verified..
Did they not raise it alittle while ago to 0.5g for you and to your referral when they signup and the big if Once they get verified.
It is based on where you live? It should be 0.5g in Canada since they are  Canadian company but someone mentioned that promotional increase is just recognized in Japan and Germany. What do they have that the rest of world doesn't?  Cry

For India Its 0.025 G So what you think ? Why so less here
Raimonn (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 09:19:14 PM

BitGold finished the acquisition of GoldMoney, here you have the link:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150720006453/en/BitGold-Completes-59.4MM-Acquisition-GoldMoney-Building-Global#.VbAIN67kzeQ
scumbag

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

★Support For PHILIPPINES Sub Forum★

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:46:57 AM

More than 100.000 users had a Bitgold Acount.

wow. last time i heard of a company that posted 100,000 users and announced a promo to celebrate the achievement is now closed. Hope this will not happen to bitgold.

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:08:47 PM

When do they plan to add bitcoin withdrawals?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 02:10:45 PM

When do they plan to add bitcoin withdrawals?

unkown, but you can still sell bitgold here on the forums or on the likes of cryptothrift. I guess you lose 5-10% value though

asa.convex

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 12:06:20 AM

Indonesia and Brunei got 0.25.

Info from my experience :

1. Like op mention above, we will need refferal code to get bonus and some country was restricted to get bonus..
2. Need 1 month to get yours bonus after fully verified..
3. Need anothers 2 months to withdraw your bonus. I need 3 more days for redemption bonus, and i will witdraw to bank account. I will share again after i got another info about this gold..

Swisswatcher

Activity: 266

secure and reliable

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 03:38:46 AM

fuck bitgold its not safe, just had a chargeback from them.

adolf84

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 06:41:21 AM

It is true bro that bitgold can chargeback??
Can you share to us here why bitgold doing that to you?? It will good info if you want share yours negative experience from bitgold..
Outlander
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 03:18:29 AM

It is true bro that bitgold can chargeback??
Can you share to us here why bitgold doing that to you?? It will good info if you want share yours negative experience from bitgold..
yes, it can freeze or suspend your account! Check here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1133534.20
It is centralized company, can do whatever it want to.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:06:04 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 04:42:57 AM by Gleb Gamow

Well, this is a motherfuckin' lie!

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150626005291/en/BitGold-Announces-Platform-Launch-United-States#.Vbb_FvlViko

June 26, 2015 08:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BitGold (TSX-V:XAU), a platform for savings and payments in gold, is pleased to announce the launch of the BitGold platform for residents of the US and US territories. As of today, US residents can sign up on the BitGold platform and buy, sell, or redeem gold using BitGold’s Aurum payment and settlement technology. US residents will also have access to the BitGold mobile app and a prepaid card when these features launch over the coming weeks. Send and receive gold payment features are not initially available in the US.

Do you honestly believe that BitGold has signed up 100,000 members in ~19 days?

https://www.goldmoney.com/company/news/bitgold

Upon closing of the Acquisition Agreement, BitGold will acquire the intellectual property and operating assets of GoldMoney in exchange for the issuance of 11,169,794 common shares in BitGold, valuing the transaction at CAD 51.7 million based on BitGold's CAD 4.65 closing price on May 21st. The transaction is expected to close on or around June 17th. Potential benefits to shareholders include:

• The integration of an innovative and high integrity precious metal manager onto the BitGold platform; preserving the relationships GoldMoney has established with its customers while enhancing GoldMoney services with payment technologies

• The addition of relationships and knowledge acquired over nearly a decade and a half operating an e-platform for global metal purchases and sales

• The addition of over CAD 1.5 billion in customer assets onto the Aurum ledger, BitGold's proprietary consolidated order book and trade engine

The potential to develop new payment market relationships from over 135,000 signups on GoldMoney.com

That's what really happened! There weren't 100K new members from this forum or any other place on the internet that freshly signed up for BitGold. It's a motherfuckin' big ass lie! In essence, we're being GAWed.

And anybody who speaks ill of BitGold WILL have their Inaba, Derrick, to contend with after he puts yours concerns in the witch-hunt category.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=538902

Name:   BitGold_Derrick
Activity:   3
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   Today at 07:35:32 PM
Last Active:   Today at 08:10:27 PM

That motherfucker came here with the same fuckin' attitude as Alex Sovu of Black Arrow, among others, who all turned out to be scammers in this space.
Finx

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:21:10 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJ5TclcWEAAprU2.png:large

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150626005291/en/BitGold-Announces-Platform-Launch-United-States#.Vbb_FvlViko

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--BitGold (TSX-V:XAU), a platform for savings and payments in gold, is pleased to announce the launch of the BitGold platform for residents of the US and US territories. As of today, US residents can sign up on the BitGold platform and buy, sell, or redeem gold using BitGold’s Aurum payment and settlement technology. US residents will also have access to the BitGold mobile app and a prepaid card when these features launch over the coming weeks. Send and receive gold payment features are not initially available in the US.

Perhaps, So many spam in my e-mail inviting me  to join that crap crypto - currency ,also in my facebook notifications.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 04:53:41 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2015, 05:13:59 AM by Gleb Gamow

What's better than BitGold? White Tiger Gold operating outta the same EXACT office.

This post proudly brought to you by a non-witch-hunter that would've easily gone away if some asshole by the name of Derrick didn't come along and post what he did. Thanks to Derrick, by the end of the week I'd say some REAL auditors WILL be wantin' to take a peek into BitGold's gold vault(s).

So far all I've seen on the Internet is the likes of Company A buying out Company B, release of press releases where a mess of folks jack off all over one another, then Company B buys out Company C, etc., etc.,, etc. That, plus new companies are formed using the same office addresses hawking the same wares using the same templates and backend thingies. But don't ever do any hunting on your own because if you do you'll be dubbed a witch-hunter.

This is fuckin' nuts!

http://whitetigergold.com/Projects

What others see as a project, I see money laundering.  Tongue

This is their company also: http://northerngold.ca/
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 05:55:20 AM

Upon closing of the Acquisition Agreement, BitGold will acquire the intellectual property and operating assets of GoldMoney in exchange for the issuance of 11,169,794 common shares in BitGold, valuing the transaction at CAD 51.7 million based on BitGold's CAD 4.65 closing price on May 21st. The transaction is expected to close on or around June 17th. Potential benefits to shareholders include:

• The integration of an innovative and high integrity precious metal manager onto the BitGold platform; preserving the relationships GoldMoney has established with its customers while enhancing GoldMoney services with payment technologies

• The addition of relationships and knowledge acquired over nearly a decade and a half operating an e-platform for global metal purchases and sales

• The addition of over CAD 1.5 billion in customer assets onto the Aurum ledger, BitGold's proprietary consolidated order book and trade engine

The potential to develop new payment market relationships from over 135,000 signups on GoldMoney.com

That's what really happened! There weren't 100K new members from this forum or any other place on the internet that freshly signed up for BitGold. It's a motherfuckin' big ass lie! In essence, we're being GAWed.

And anybody who speaks ill of BitGold WILL have their Inaba, Derrick, to contend with after he puts yours concerns in the witch-hunt category.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=538902

Name:   BitGold_Derrick
Activity:   3
Position:   Newbie
Date Registered:   Today at 07:35:32 PM
Last Active:   Today at 08:10:27 PM

That motherfucker came here with the same fuckin' attitude as Alex Sovu of Black Arrow, among others, who all turned out to be scammers in this space.
I wonder if the Bitgold that is traded on the Canadian stock exchange is even the same bitgold that is advertising on here. While there are connections to the bitcoin that is traded on the bitgold website that is advertised here, I have not been able to independently find anything that links the two entities the other way around.

Either way, you should keep your money away from this obvious scam.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:28:34 AM

I wonder if the Bitgold that is traded on the Canadian stock exchange is even the same bitgold that is advertising on here. While there are connections to the bitcoin that is traded on the bitgold website that is advertised here, I have not been able to independently find anything that links the two entities the other way around.

I'll look into that in a sec, but first...

Back to that 100K+ member bullshit number.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GoldMoneyNews/about

13,452 subscribers

GoldMoney was founded in 2001.

As of November 2014, GoldMoney safeguards over US$1.2 billion of precious metals, held by over 22,000 customers in 105 countries.

BitGold acquired GoldMoney and in a short period of time a hundred-thousand-plus people flocked to sign up because nobody has been fucked by them yet.

To be clear, basically the same crew once at GoldMoney is now part of BitGold, and in 13 years the best the former was able to muster up was ~22K customers, but after the name change their customer base increased five-fold. Either Jesus is on their board, somebody is sucking somebody else's dick, or there's mega lying going on for that fact to be true, and I'm not ruling out all three being the root cause, albeit I may have stretched the dick suckin' aspect a tad.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2015, 06:30:39 AM

I'll look into that in a sec, but first...

Back to that 100K+ member bullshit number.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GoldMoneyNews/about

13,452 subscribers

GoldMoney was founded in 2001.

As of November 2014, GoldMoney safeguards over US$1.2 billion of precious metals, held by over 22,000 customers in 105 countries.

BitGold acquired GoldMoney and in a short period of time a hundred-thousand-plus people flocked to sign up because nobody has been fucked by them yet.

To be clear, basically the same crew once at GoldMoney is now part of BitGold, and in 13 years the best the former was able to muster up was ~22K customers, but after the name change their customer base increased five-fold. Either Jesus is on their board, somebody is sucking somebody else's dick, or there's mega lying going on for that fact to be true, and I'm not ruling out all three being the root cause, albeit I may have stretched the dick suckin' aspect a tad.

apart from the obvious scam, did anyone try to withdraw real gold / withdraw to CC or some shit? There's no proof I guess

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2339

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:41:56 AM

apart from the obvious scam, did anyone try to withdraw real gold / withdraw to CC or some shit? There's no proof I guess
A number of people have claimed to have been able to withdraw/receive gold from them, and a few people have sold gold that were supposedly from them, however none of them were anywhere near reputable enough in my book for me to believe what they were saying. Also a number of the people who were selling gold from bitgold were obvious scammers
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 06:45:45 AM

A number of people have claimed to have been able to withdraw/receive gold from them, and a few people have sold gold that were supposedly from them, however none of them were anywhere near reputable enough in my book for me to believe what they were saying. Also a number of the people who were selling gold from bitgold were obvious scammers

To date, I've uncovered no less than half a dozen gold mines they operated for a spell then sold off. Max Keiser was even teamed up with GoldMoney prior to him discovering Bitcoin.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:08:20 AM

November 21, 2014: http://www.coindesk.com/netagio-exit-gold-enter-euro-usd/

British bitcoin exchange Netagio is exiting the gold market next month due to weak demand.

The exchange will remove its two order books for gold trading by the end of the year, according to Netagio CEO Simon Hamblin.

Besides Simon, the other key principal at Netagio is GoldMoney's James Turk's son, Geoff Turk. This revelation makes BitGold's 100K+ members that much more unlikely.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 07:39:10 AM

BITGOLD INC. ANNOUNCES CAD 51.9 MILLION ACQUISITION OF GOLDMONEY.COM, INTEGRATING OVER CAD 1.5 BILLION IN ASSETS AND OVER 135,000 USER SIGNUPS ONTO THE BITGOLD AURUM NETWORK

About GoldMoney

GoldMoney is a gold and precious metals vaulting business founded in 2001 by James Turk and Geoff Turk. GoldMoney has over 20,000 customers.

http://www.24knews.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38&start=100

BitGold and GoldMoney Join Forces
0.01% Fee All Weekend

Today, we announced the acquisition and merger of GoldMoney Network Limited with BitGold Inc. forming the world's largest and oldest bullion money service with over 60,000 active customers and $1.5 billion in assets under management. BitGold Inc. is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange Venture under the symbol (XAU).

GoldMoney's existing board members, founder James Turk, Geoff Turk, Mahendra Naik, and Hector Fleming will also be joining the listed company's board.

I just figured out how they did the maths:

(135,000 + 20,000) - 60,000 = 100,001

Wanting to touch your gold is tad more complicated:

Re: Goldmoney - The best way to buy Au, Ag ,Pt, & Pd
Postby Mr P » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm » Safari 6.0.5 Safari 6.0.5  Mac OS X Mac OS X  Screen Resolution: 1920 x 1080 1920 x 1080

Not happy with Goldmoney...

I paid Goldmoney to move metal ( a registered bar - not metal for metal exchange) from Viamat, Zurich to Rhenus, Zurich because:

- I always remembered cgnao's advice about storage in the customs free zone of Zurich Airport (p1-p2): http://www.greenenergyinvestors.com/ind ... =3285&st=0
- I read Goldmoney's description of Rhenus here: http://www.goldmoney.com/news/new-swiss ... omers.html
'The gold vault, which is situated underground in the secure zone of Zurich Airport...'
- and Rhenus' own (linked to from Goldmoney's description) here: http://ch.rhenus.com/en/rhenus-alpina/s ... valuables/
'Import duty and VAT-free storage in our high-security vaults at the bonded warehouse Zurich Airport'
'Customs clearances'
'Pick up and delivery of valuables from and to the passenger terminal or private aircraft.'
- I figured Rhenus sounded like a safer and simpler storage location with a view to collecting metal, if need be.

No...

Firstly, I tried to confirm the facts with Rhenus. They blanked me. However, I figured Goldmoney wouldn't have partnered up with them without checking things, so went ahead with the move anyway. Later, after the reports of people having trouble collecting gold in Switzerland, I tried to check the facts again. I contacted Goldmoney and was told that, yes, Rhenus is inside the airports Customs Free Zone. OK... I tried to find out more on what was involved in actually collecting from there - any formalities / regulations I'd have to go through, eg. if I flew in and collected in transit (from a location I assumed was inside the passenger customs free / secured zone). Goldmoney couldn't tell me so I tried contacting Rhenus directly again. Blanked. After a few query emails to them, I got an email from Goldmoney saying, Rhenus had asked them to ask me not to 'bother' them with questions, and to ask Goldmoney instead. OK... So I asked Goldmoney to ask Rhenus the same questions - they found it difficult to get much in response too.

This all went on for some time. In the end I found out that, although the vault is located in the cargo zone of the airport in a bonded warehouse, you have to collect from an office out of the passenger area - not in a secured or customs free zone. Apparently, Rhenus no longer (over a year - but they still haven't bothered to update their website) deliver to the passenger area as regulations had changed, and that, to collect, you have to fully exit the passenger buildings and head 5 minutes down the road to get to their office. Then you'd have to carry metal out in an unsecured, general public (maybe v. busy) area and go back in through all the airport customs/clearances procedures - where you possibly could have problems, depending... Regulations change and any VAT/ other tax would be applicable collecting this way. ('Money laundering' security measures comes to mind...)

So, not simpler and not safer... Also, how can you put faith in collecting from a vault that doesn't like to communicate? I told Goldmoney my opinion that this was false advertising of facilities/services (both on their and Rhenus' website) especially with Goldmoney stating (really, this is promoted as a key + feature of Goldmoney) that collection of registered metal is possible from storage locations. I said that I had no faith in Rhenus and that I wanted the metal moving back to Viamat (literally just down the road) - and that I felt they should reimburse what I'd paid them to move the metal to Rhenus. Goldmoney said 'no'.

Another issue...

When Goldmoney partnered with Viamat, Hong Kong I checked about collection of silver from this vault. I was told that collection fees would be minimal - so I bought silver there. I recently checked on collection fees and got this (limited validity):

Gold Silver good delivery bars

Hong Kong: USD697.50 (price for collection of 1 to 8 gold bars) USD697.50 (price for collection of 1 to 8 silver bars)
Singapore: USD60.00 (price for collection of 1 to 8 gold bars) USD60.00 (price for collection of 1 to 8 silver bars)
Switzerland: USD697.50 (price for collection of 1 to 8 gold bars) USD697.50 (price for collection of 1 to 8 silver bars)

Viamat seem to be 'stealth taxing'... Certainly not minimal, in my opinion - that's a lot of money just to cart a bar from the vault to reception. Brink's (Singapore) sound more like it!

With these problems + storage fees (gold OK but silver eats through your account), I'm going to look at alternatives - probably in Singapore. (Goldmoney have storage in Singapore but it's Brinks - a US tied business.) I see capital controls, regulations, taxes, etc. (including G&S) getting stricter and am wary of Switzerland now. Yes, I know storing with Rhenus and Viamat isn't as dubious as storing with a Swiss bank - but what good is that if everything gets locked down and you can't get anything out? (Back to cgnao's advice, etc.)

Anyways, just a head up...

But, don't mind my posts, for I'm just on a witch-hunt and haven't a fuckin' clue what I'm talkin' 'bout... according to Derrick.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: