Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:08:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: #assets-otc - Contract Management System  (Read 11816 times)
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 07:59:37 AM

I am trying to get my project off the ground and at the same time promote an interesting idea like asstets-otc.  Damn, now I feel like I have stepped in to a pile of polar bear shit Sad

Do not get me wrong. I do not say that asstes-otc is crap idea, not at all. I really like the idea. The drama is the crap here Smiley

It would be good if you could run your own assets on your own server. Then you dont have to rely on any third party.

What is needed is an open source securities platform you can simply clone for your own use.

Just want to let you know, if you do your own assets directly you are the exchange and the broker. I would make sure you talk to your lawyer first if you want to take this path.

You should do that anyway even if there is a third party exchange or broker. Surely you consulted your lawyer before you listed on glbse as well ?

I did not list on GLBSE. GLBSE listed on GLBSE. They were and are the broker. That is why if anyone wants to sue anyone they have to sue GLBSE.

That doesnt make sense.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 08:02:53 AM

I am trying to get my project off the ground and at the same time promote an interesting idea like asstets-otc.  Damn, now I feel like I have stepped in to a pile of polar bear shit Sad

Do not get me wrong. I do not say that asstes-otc is crap idea, not at all. I really like the idea. The drama is the crap here Smiley

It would be good if you could run your own assets on your own server. Then you dont have to rely on any third party.

What is needed is an open source securities platform you can simply clone for your own use.

Just want to let you know, if you do your own assets directly you are the exchange and the broker. I would make sure you talk to your lawyer first if you want to take this path.

You should do that anyway even if there is a third party exchange or broker. Surely you consulted your lawyer before you listed on glbse as well ?

I did not list on GLBSE. GLBSE listed on GLBSE. They were and are the broker. That is why if anyone wants to sue anyone they have to sue GLBSE.

That doesnt make sense.

Does this thread have to get derailed every few posts?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 09:12:27 AM

Bitcoin.me, you can and the software is available right here: https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Open-Transactions . It has a working GUI client too and it's available right here.  https://github.com/FellowTraveler/Moneychanger
There is a separate thread about Open Transactions so lets take it over there https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=117080.0

Chaang Noi, thank you for the warning. Good news is that assetc-otc owner has no access to issuers nor investors coin. assets-otc manages contracts and helps to keep track of the shares. I had my share of word fights with piotr_n not too long ago but it's water under the bridge and all have moved on.
The asstes-otc ideas has potential (if it gets a "trading" interface Wink   

Feature request: Send out confirmation e-mails to parties involved.
Every time contract is signed (buy, sell, div? etc) please send out a confirmation e-mail to parties involved.  Only use gpg user e-mail, do not allow this to be turned off (unless there is a situation where one party will be spammed to "death"?) 

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 09:37:31 AM

@EskimoBob you asset has just been desisted from #assets-otc and you will never be allowed to list any assets at this service.

I sent you the history of your asset by email - all 3 transactions and both the pgp keys.

Now go licking some more goats' balls.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
PGP fingerprint: AB9E A551 E262 A87A 13BB  9059 1BE7 B545 CDF3 FD0E
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 10:17:57 AM

Your policy is to kick people out at the drop of a hat?
If they are licking your balls, or compromising my reputation - yes!

It is clearly stated at the first page of this topic: any crooks like you are immediately kicked out of the service and banned forever, at the very moment when I decide that the limit has been pushed.

Check out gocoin - my original project of full bitcoin node & cold wallet written in Go.
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 11:01:35 AM

So people like Eskimobob, Me, Nefario, Theymos, and who else?
Anyone who either has been dishonest or endorses people who have been dishonest.

Would it not just be faster for you to list people you are okay with?
My mother used to say that people perceive others by who they are themselves.
So I understand your rationalization of why you think that all the people except few would be dishonest, but I don't share your opinion about this and I believe that there are more honest and smart, rather than dishonest and stupid, people living on Earth...
So no, it wouldn't be faster to list few billions of people.

Also can I read your TOS?
I don't have TOS and I don't plan to have any.
Do you have a problem with that? Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 11:04:56 AM

@EskimoBob you asset has just been desisted from #assets-otc and you will never be allowed to list any assets at this service.

I sent you the history of your asset by email - all 3 transactions and both the pgp keys.

dafuq ?

LOL

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 11:21:44 AM

WTF dude? I was on your side.
I have only said good things about asstest-otc and now you pull this on me?
Why?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2012, 11:23:13 AM

WTF dude? I was on your side.
I have only said good things about asstest-otc and now you pull this on me?
Why?

He is nefario, but shorter and angrier ?

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 21, 2012, 05:08:49 PM

Thanks for the information, I will stay away from your services for now on.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2012, 04:34:17 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2012, 04:59:43 AM by piotr_n

Thanks for the information, I will stay away from your services for now on.
You're welcome.
Thanks for staying away from my services.

I'm really trying hard to make this project completely different from all the other shit holes, like i.e. GLBSE used to be.
And I remember very well that all of you guys used to be a huge fans of Nefario, back in the old times when I was saying that he was a thief and a liar - and in the response you were calling me a troll who did not know what he was talking about... And then I told you that the time would show... and then the time did.

So you either have not learned the lesson (meaning: extreme stupidity), or you have other reasons (most likely: dishonesty) - either way you are not welcome at assets-otc, since stupidity neither dishonesty of asset issuers is not going to be tolerated there.

Hope that's finally clear now, whose assets are welcome and whose are not, so there will be no more disappointments.

piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 06:05:19 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2012, 06:35:55 PM by piotr_n

Today I released an extension for Chrome browser which automates all the gpg related stuff.

Having the extension installed in your browser + GnuPG in your OS (armed with your private key), you basically don't need to use command line anymore with assets-otc.com - just enter the password for your key when asked. It's pretty convenient.

You can read more about the extension and download it from its GitHub repo: https://github.com/piotrnar/aotc4chrome

Unfortunately some binary files are involved - it was the only way to go.
I wish it was possible to provide a web browser with PGP functionality without the binary plugins, but unfortunately our modern and super advanced HTML 5 compatible browsers support basically everything I man could imagine; drawing canvas, vector graphics, A/V streaming with advanced codecs, OpenGL acceleration, and all the other fancy shit... but not a good old fashion RSA cryptography, neither a big numbers math.
So as much as I could research it, there is no way to write an RSA library in JavaScript.
Well... technically it is possible to write such library, but it would be so slow that signing a message with a regular 2048 bits key would be taking like days or weeks to complete.

salfter

Activity: 651
Merit: 501

My PGP Key: 92C7689C

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2012, 03:34:11 AM

I wish it was possible to provide a web browser with PGP functionality without the binary plugins, but unfortunately our modern and super advanced HTML 5 compatible browsers support basically everything I man could imagine; drawing canvas, vector graphics, A/V streaming with advanced codecs, OpenGL acceleration, and all the other fancy shit... but not a good old fashion RSA cryptography, neither a big numbers math.

You might want to have a look at this:

http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/11/22/0422223/openpgp-implemented-in-javascript

The project referenced within has moved:

http://www.openpgpjs.org/

Tipjars: BTC 1TipsGocnz2N5qgAm9f7JLrsMqkb3oXe2 LTC LTipsVC7XaFy9M6Zaf1aGGe8w8xVUeWFvR | My Bitcoin Note Generator | Pool Auto-Switchers: zpool MiningPoolHub NiceHash
Bitgem Resources: Pool Explorer Paper Wallet
piotr_n (OP)
Legendary

aka tonikt

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2012, 08:20:38 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2012, 08:39:52 AM by piotr_n

You might want to have a look at this:

http://developers.slashdot.org/story/11/11/22/0422223/openpgp-implemented-in-javascript

The project referenced within has moved:

http://www.openpgpjs.org/
Thanks.
This projects looks quite promising and it performs not too bad... at least in Chrome, with 2048b key, on my i5 CPU Tongue

Unfortunately it does not work yet, because whenever I clear-sign a message that contains more than one end-of-line character, it does not verify later on.
See an example, if you wish: http://www.speedyshare.com/Gm2gU/openpgpjs-test.zip

Moreover, keeping the private keys in the browser's local storage and entering the password to unlock it via a browser's form, is not a kind of security that I would like to encourage.
So for now I will rather stick to the NAPI plugins - faster, safer and just works.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: