Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:32:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 7825 fresh email addresses from Craigslist. 2 days old. 1 BTC? OBO  (Read 454 times)
ClownSpider (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 01:30:50 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2015, 12:23:52 AM by ClownSpider

Short version:
I am selling 7825 email addresses from all 114 Major cities of craigslist computer gigs section.  Fresh data.

Long version:
I have a craigslist operation, craigslistapex.com and thought that I could use the email addresses of every ad poster in the craigslist computer gigs section, of every city in the USA.

So I data mined every single email address, of every ad, of every city, from the craigslist computer gigs section.
So that I could advertise my Advertising services to computer business people.

Business to business.

Now I realize this is not necessary to advertise my advertising website, and might be considered bad press.

So I have 7825 email addresses from the 114 Major cities of craigslist.   No repeats.  All logged with the date of the CL post, date that it was logged, post title, post URL, and city URL.

I am selling this.

Serious offers only.

Yes I will do escrow as long as the guy is a recently active & Legendary member, not some half newb alternative account or someone that is online only once a week.
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 02:26:04 PM

A note to anyone thinking of buying this, buying email addresses where the user has not opted in to getting promotional emails and such is illegal.
I'm unsure how it would work since they willingly put the email on the page themselves, but I still doubt that it is within the bounds of the law.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:16:14 PM

A note to anyone thinking of buying this, buying email addresses where the user has not opted in to getting promotional emails and such is illegal.
I'm unsure how it would work since they willingly put the email on the page themselves, but I still doubt that it is within the bounds of the law.

1)  It is not illegal to buy email addresses, unless someone was murdered for them and you had a part in the murder.  But that would be the crime of involvement in murder, not a crime of buying email addresses.
2)  Craigslist has an option for every post that people check YES"ok for others to contact you about other services, products or commercial interests"
or  "do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers"
3)  Instead of speaking on behalf of my entire 7825 contact list, maybe you could reconsider.
4)  I direct you back to #1.  There is no law against buying email addresses for any reason, of any sort.  Check for yourself, ask a lawyer, or provide the legal reference number so that others may see if you know what you are talking about.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2015, 05:23:26 PM

Oh I see, I apologize in that case then.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2015, 05:39:33 PM

Wow thanks.  That is rare that anyone ever apologizes on the internet anymore.
Thanks
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2015, 12:36:20 AM

I feel like the baker in a bakery.
I have this 4 foot cake!
It is 2 days old now.
So 1BTC?

in 8 days half of these people will no longer be interested in whatever.
Data is getting old...!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: