Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: selling my religious beliefs  (Read 6319 times)
philips

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:11:37 AM

0.01 BTC to forego religion entirely and devote yourself to logic, reason and doing good for all of mankind and the earth that we share.

Shut up Mister Spock.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 03:19:57 AM

.11 for the church of Kopimi  Smiley

http://www.kopimi.com/kopimi/

Lumpy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:33:27 AM

im unsure of what religion is best and i do not want to waste years of my life reading about all of the different ones.... so

SAVE MY SOUL
             i will be auctioning off my religious views.... whichever religion posts the highest bid wins.   i will then convert to that religion and pray to that god.   i will not participate in any unlawful activities or animal/human sacrifices.  soooooo let the bidding begin!

If said god does exist, I'm not so sure it would be impressed by your sincerity.

"I don't want to waste my life thinking about it so I'm selling my soul to the highest bidder."  Roll Eyes
evolve

Activity: 700

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:40:00 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Euthanasia

jjames888

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 06:23:49 AM

I bid 5 bitcoins to join the iussu pardi (order of the panther). It is an old Latin religion. I the reincarnation of your profit the panther. All members of the order must contribute 10 bitcoins to the order annually, starting the day they join.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 06:57:12 AM

I bid 0.1 btc.

Should this one true bid prevail, your religion shall be the one true religion, Emacs. St. IGNUcius shall be your prophet[1]. You shall get your scriptures from faith.el and religiously read them once a day. Your homepage shall be http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/religion/

[1] http://stallman.org/saintignucius.jpg

Oh god, EMACS here too? Crap. I really wonder how many avatars are hiding massive neckbeards.

Anyway, for 0.2 btc I give you a choice: The Church of Eris or the The Church of subGenius. In effect your choices are get weird or get weirder.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
Thunderbit (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:09:18 AM

im digging all the options... i was expecting to see more mainstream religions...but this should be fun
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 07:56:54 AM

If you need someone to choose for you, you do not need religion Smiley Bitcoin will do ya just fine Cheesy

and i always thought bitcoin was religion  Roll Eyes
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 08:14:29 AM

im unsure of what religion is best and i do not want to waste years of my life reading about all of the different ones.... so

SAVE MY SOUL
             i will be auctioning off my religious views.... whichever religion posts the highest bid wins.   i will then convert to that religion and pray to that god.   i will not participate in any unlawful activities or animal/human sacrifices.  soooooo let the bidding begin!

auction ends Sept 7th at 11:11p.m. eastern standard time

You got it all backwards. You are unsure, and you want someone to save you time and effort, therefore you should be the one paying for the service. You are essentially looking to outsource. It is amazing to see how many people fell for your twisted logic and offered to pay.

Now be a dear, and start again. Call for proposals. Place a payment in escrow. Announce the winner. Release the escrow, and start practicing. Right. I see the problem with my idea. You still need to decide. You want to avoid having to decide. Dammit!

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
loadrs2009

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 10:00:16 AM

0,15 to read about Islam just reading i don't want you to convert for money
jjames888

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:06:55 PM

SAVE MY SOUL

You got it all backwards. You are unsure, and you want someone to save you time and effort, therefore you should be the one paying for the service. You are essentially looking to outsource. It is amazing to see how many people fell for your twisted logic and offered to pay.

Now be a dear, and start again. Call for proposals. Place a payment in escrow. Announce the winner. Release the escrow, and start practicing. Right. I see the problem with my idea. You still need to decide. You want to avoid having to decide. Dammit!
Hey! I am very willing to pay for him to join the iussu pardi. No one has yet to outbid me.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:08:05 PM

SAVE MY SOUL

Hey! I am very willing to pay for him to join the iussu pardi. No one has yet to outbid me.

Except that it would cost the OP, making that a negetive bid. My bid is the highest so far.

jjames888

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:16:50 PM

SAVE MY SOUL

Except that it would cost the OP, making that a negetive bid. My bid is the highest so far.
All religions have their cost. There was this one I found before, but can't find right now that required you to get a lobotomy. Many people here are suggesting religions that have some kind of cost. The iussu pardi only has a 10 bitcoin member contribution, and no physical harm. Imagine us like a very small organization with a similar hierarchical structure as the catholic church, but to be a recognized member you must contribute. Your logic may be sound in that she should be paying for the service. Did she ask for that kind of service? No. She asked for us to bid  for her religion. The iussu pardi has bid 5 bitcoins.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:43:24 PM

I bid 0.1 btc.

Should this one true bid prevail, your religion shall be the one true religion, Emacs. St. IGNUcius shall be your prophet[1]. You shall get your scriptures from faith.el and religiously read them once a day. Your homepage shall be http://www.dina.kvl.dk/~abraham/religion/

[1] http://stallman.org/saintignucius.jpg

Oh god, EMACS here too? Crap. I really wonder how many avatars are hiding massive neckbeards.

Anyway, for 0.2 btc I give you a choice: The Church of Eris or the The Church of subGenius. In effect your choices are get weird or get weirder.

I give you 0.2 BTC if you don't join url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism]The Church of Eris[/url.

Because we discordians must stick apart.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 02:04:17 PM

Just had to throw that golden apple in the room, didn't you. Well, OP, the good news is that you get a minimum of 0.2 btc regardless of the religion you choose.

edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 02:12:21 PM

Bid 0.000002
Your new religion is Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

The rewards for joining the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster go way beyond any "physical" wealth. An afterlife of beer volcanoes, stripper factories, and a total lack of dogma should be enough enticement. The CoFSM is also the only religion that offers a thirty day trial period - if you leave, you get your soul back, no questions asked. (Warning: the FSM also expects you to think for yourself.)

Still around.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 03:32:26 PM

0,15 to read about Islam just reading i don't want you to convert for money
Sorry, but OP specifies that she wants to avoid reading.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 04:33:58 PM

0.333 btc for becoming an overpopulation preacher. You'll have to dedicate a minimum of 2 hours per week learning about over population and spreading awareness as effectively as you can.

Seeding your first assignment, Listen to this new series "Beyond 7 billion" http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/population/
then read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOMWzjrRiBg&feature=player_detailpage#t=1085s (exponential economic growth Somehow Bitcoin related)
Thunderbit (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 08:04:39 PM

i appreciate all the responses.... but anything that is going to cost me a fee or commit suicide is disregarded and will not be considered.... and i have done a lot of reading on different religions  i feel like the society in which you were raised has such a major part in what your convictions and beliefs of a religion are.     Im ready to accept a higher power(or not considering which religion wins) and see if being spiritual to this religion will make me feel fulfilled and happy.   and just to add to the discussion...if after accepting said religion and practicing for 6 months if i do not feel any connection or a sense of fulfillment i will return the bid to the winner.
Thunderbit (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 08:11:05 PM

and i dont want to avoid reading...i dont want to read about every single religion...i will read and study whatever form of "bible" that wins... im ready to try and believe in anything if its going to make me understand my purpose on earth or an afterlife.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: