Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:11:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are drugs bad? Is Marijuana killing me slowly? (whatever goes)  (Read 7983 times)
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:35:12 PM

Yes, marijuana is killing you slowly.

I have no respect for alcoholics, tobacco smokers, or marijuana addicts, unless it is a medicinal use. This goes for people on other unnecessary drugs. I have negative respect for smokers of anything who do it in public and announce their fumes to every innocent person nearby. Smoke on your property and ensure no fumes reach others, and I won't complain (I'll still denounce you though).

I don't approve of restriction of drugs, but banning of public pollution is absolutely necessary.

That one remark at the end just rendered everything else you said absolutely useless.

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:41:30 PM

I have no respect for alcoholics, tobacco smokers, or marijuana addicts, unless it is a medicinal use. This goes for people on other unnecessary drugs. I have negative respect for smokers of anything who do it in public and announce their fumes to every innocent person nearby. Smoke on your property and ensure no fumes reach others, and I won't complain (I'll still denounce you though).

I don't approve of restriction of drugs, but banning of public pollution is absolutely necessary.

That one remark at the end just rendered everything else you said absolutely useless.
Sure, go ahead and smoke, smell like a retard, act like a pothead, and lose your sense of life. It's your choice. But don't expect to do business with me.
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:43:36 PM

Ive been (legally) smoking high grade marijuana on a daily basis for a few years now. I have a great job and family, and my health is immaculate (just had my physical). I'm in better shape at 32 than I was at 18 fresh out of basic training. I even quit smoking cigarettes, started working out heavily, and cut my drinking down to an almost nonexistant level after I got my licence.

So no. I'm gonna say your not killing yourself. Not saying I'm the norm, but it certainly hasn't been detrimental to my life.
Severian

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:48:22 PM

Sure, go ahead and smoke, smell like a retard, act like a pothead, and lose your sense of life. It's your choice. But don't expect to do business with me.

Cutting off or alienating a market just because you disagree with someone's life choices isn't a good business decision. 
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 07:56:40 PM

Cutting off or alienating a market just because you disagree with someone's life choices isn't a good business decision. 
That's completely correct. But cutting off a market because they smell horrible, act stupid, and are addicted is an excellent business decision.
Severian

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:07:29 PM

That's completely correct. But cutting off a market because they smell horrible, act stupid, and are addicted is an excellent business decision.

Dealing with stupid people is always unpleasant. How do you tell how someone smells across the net?
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:13:22 PM

First of all, it's a poor argument to suggest that just because some things that are more dangerous than pot are legal (e.g. alcohol) then pot should be legal too.

Second, yes, weed is addictive.  Saying something is "psychologically addictive" but not "physically addictive" is a employing a false dichotomy.  When a person uses any drug linked to dopamine transmission, that person's body will become less efficient at transmitting dopamine over time.  Basically, the body says, "I'm going on vacation!  I don't need to work anymore because something else is doing the work for me!"  So, the body gets lazy.  When that same person stops smoking weed, the body must relearn how to be as efficient as it once was.

Third, the effects of weed over time are subtle but they accumulate.  It's a poor argument to say, "Look!  I've smoked pot for 10+ years and I'm fine!  Obviously pot isn't that bad!"  It's a poor argument because you don't have anything to compare it to.  If you didn't smoke those 10+ years, who knows how much better off you would be?

Then everything is psychologically addictive, in that case.

What about those that wouldn't have made it this far in life without weed?  How much worse off would they be?

1)  Not sure how "then everything is psychologically addictive" is a defense.  That's similar to the "but other, more harmful drugs are legal!" defense.  We're not talking about everything else, we're talking about pot.

2)  If you need pot to "make it this far in life," then you sound pretty weak.  I'm not saying pot doesn't have any positive aspects, and I understand that pot can be a used for creative, spiritual, and even social means.  I don't deny this at all.  But in this way, pot is like baby food.  You can smoke pot for a little while so that you can begin to see the world in a different way.  But, if you're smart, you'll learn how it's possible to view the world in the same way without pot afterwards.  Once you're all grown up you don't need baby food anymore.  Now, if you have glaucoma or are going through chemotherapy, then pot can obviously be beneficial. 

Consider mushrooms or LSD, both of which are even less addictive than pot (though more dangerous in other aspects).  Anybody who has tried these substances at least once will likely tell you that it had a profound impact on their lives, and usually for the better.  But does that mean you need to keep consuming mushrooms or LSD?  No.  You caught a glimpse of a profoundly different perspective, and now you can implement what you've learned into your sober life.
I'm saying weed got me through a time of depression, I'm not saying I depend on it now to function.  I hardly smoke anymore.  That does not make me weak, what does not kill us only makes us stronger.

It doesn't mean you can't continue to explore your mind either.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:29:46 PM

Your ignorance is amazing.

Here's the reality, you most likely deal with people on a daily basis who smoke weed without you ever having a clue.

The average person that I see in the dispensaries aren't the burned out stoners you imagine, they are business men and women, teachers, grandparents, etc., and you would never know that they smoked if you saw them outside in the real world.

But keep thinking that people who smoke cant be (or aren't) successful and productive members of society.  We are all feckless losers, just like Carl sagan, Richard Feynman, Michael phelps, and a whole host of others who accomplished nothing because of weed.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:41:27 PM

I don't do business with people that eat garlic so I guess I can only do business with vampire here on the forums.  DAMN.   Cry
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 08:46:40 PM

I'm not going to get into the whole health effects debate, but my stance on recreational use is basically the NAP.

Do what you want, as long as you aren't endangering me or infringing on my ability to do what I want.

It's your body; who am I to tell you what to do with it? Oh yes, I forgot. I'm a lobbyist.
AndrewBUD (OP)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 08:58:25 PM

I'm not going to get into the whole health effects debate, but my stance on recreational use is basically the NAP.

Do what you want, as long as you aren't endangering me or infringing on my ability to do what I want.

It's your body; who am I to tell you what to do with it? Oh yes, I forgot. I'm a lobbyist.

For McDonalds?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 09:18:12 PM

I agree people should be able to do whatever they want to their bodies so long as it doesn't cause lead to the physical harm of others.  I'm for free choice.  I agree with Ben Franklin - Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
goodlord666

Activity: 434

100%

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 09:53:37 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2012, 10:27:48 PM by goodlord666

[...] (I'll still denounce you though)

Let me translate that:
"I respect your personal decisions, it's your life, just don't involve me. But I will still get involved and get you screwed if the drugs don't do it already!"

AndrewBUD (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:06:34 PM

Dude, I am so baked right now, I am going to eat, eat food.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
September 03, 2012, 10:55:21 PM

For McDonalds?
It's a little complicated, but I actually lobby for an oil company. See, if pot-smoking were made legal, so would hemp=growing. Did you know the US is the world's biggest importer of hemp?
AndrewBUD (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:01:36 AM

No sir I did not... Hemp should be used more.... I think it will start to become more widely used around the world.... Crude Oil wont last forever...

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

trading

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:39:05 AM

Does more help then good, research cannabinoids.

Anti-inflammatory, fights prostate & some cerebral cancers, pain killer (without possibility of addiction), anti-anxiety (in some strains).... i could go all day.

Hell its even used for radiation clean-up like at chernobyl.

Legalization would not only go against the pharmaceutical companies, but also textile companies when it comes to hemp (which is one of the reasons it was originally made illegal, along with many other bullshit self serving reasons they could come up with.)

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
Severian

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 01:41:37 AM

It's a little complicated, but I actually lobby for an oil company. See, if pot-smoking were made legal, so would hemp=growing. Did you know the US is the world's biggest importer of hemp?

The US Government also holds a patent on medical cannabis:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507.html
Snapman

Activity: 291

BTCRadio Owner

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:43:29 AM

The US Government also holds a patent on medical cannabis:

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6630507.html

Excerpt from your link.

Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia.

How is this not a wonder drug..... [using the term "drug" loosely]

BTCRadio: 17cafKShokyQCbaNuzaDo5HLoSnffMNPAs
AndrewBUD (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2012, 01:45:24 AM

So this horrible drug does more good then bad?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄