Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:42:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoins are dead ? FinCEN investigation!  (Read 3055 times)
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2015, 10:13:14 PM

Nothing will happen. Even if Cryptsy and Bittrex goes down (what is quite unlikely) there are still many option outside FinCEN's reach. There is whole wide and financially relative free world outside of the US Smiley.
But bittrex and cryptsy are two major exchanges right now, so what will happen if they goes down? alternative exchanges? there will not major and high volume exchanges after trex or cryptsy.

bittrex and cryptsy have nothing to do with fincen, it's just a trade site which involve nothing more than btc and altcoins, code and scripts. coinbase is a different story and it's already became a huge fish.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 11:00:53 PM

Nothing will happen. Even if Cryptsy and Bittrex goes down (what is quite unlikely) there are still many option outside FinCEN's reach. There is whole wide and financially relative free world outside of the US Smiley.
But bittrex and cryptsy are two major exchanges right now, so what will happen if they goes down? alternative exchanges? there will not major and high volume exchanges after trex or cryptsy.

bittrex and cryptsy have nothing to do with fincen, it's just a trade site which involve nothing more than btc and altcoins, code and scripts. coinbase is a different story and it's already became a huge fish.

Maybe you haven't been to Cryptsy for a while, but they trade in fiat too. Besides, it hasn't been determined if dealing exclusively in crypto will insulate a site from FinCEN or not.

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 09:54:34 AM

Are exchanges like bittrex or cyptsy in danger of closing? or what? should we be concerned with this situation?

Exchanges like Bittrex and Cryptsy are in danger not matter if FinCEN investigation is true or not. Decentralized exchanges are the future and will fully replace centralized exchanges.
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 04:51:29 PM

Maybe you haven't been to Cryptsy for a while, but they trade in fiat too. Besides, it hasn't been determined if dealing exclusively in crypto will insulate a site from FinCEN or not.

fincen can touch cryptsy fiat to crypto and crypto to fiat side, which they can just turn it off. other than that there is nothing fincen can touch. also crypto exchange soon will be none exist as tyz stated above, decentralize wallet with their groupies coins would take over it. fiat to bitcoin or bitcoin to fiat like coinbase will be always exist. third party which handle crypto to fiat/fiat to crypto will always exist.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
JackRipper

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:07:51 PM

fincen can touch cryptsy fiat to crypto and crypto to fiat side, which they can just turn it off. other than that there is nothing fincen can touch. also crypto exchange soon will be none exist as tyz stated above, decentralize wallet with their groupies coins would take over it. fiat to bitcoin or bitcoin to fiat like coinbase will be always exist. third party which handle crypto to fiat/fiat to crypto will always exist.

Ripple Labs was fined for violations committed in the past. Cryptsy can also be fined for what happened in the past. Shutting down fiat to crypto transactions would make no difference. Besides, it hasn't been determined yet if they could fine an entity for crypto to crypto transactions. Many people say that crypto to crypto is safe, but they really have nothing to base that on.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:14:10 PM

No matter how much those hacks try to fuck with your freedoms, we will always find a way out and the cryptoworld will continue, with Bitcoin, the few good alts, and the lot of shitcoins altogether. This is unstoppable forever.
pc888
Legendary

Activity: 1624

https://bata.io

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

No matter how much those hacks try to fuck with your freedoms, we will always find a way out and the cryptoworld will continue, with Bitcoin, the few good alts, and the lot of shitcoins altogether. This is unstoppable forever.

Agreed.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 09:10:15 PM

Exchange software has been open sourced...

Really? Where's the repo(s)?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:22:04 AM

Major exchanges...and then what? Once upon a time there was a major exchange called MtGox... and quite lot more Smiley. I think we could do quite well with distributed exchanges only. Moreover I think distributed exchanges are the natural way for the evolution of crypto economy.
Distributed exchanges are the future. There are a lot of scams and hacks happened at the centralized exchanges! Users are always picking up the exchanges to trade carefully! Once ppl have the option to choose the decentralized exchanges, I believe most of them will choose to trade there!

Ya know, it's May 2015 and there is no distributed exchange with volume > $10,000/day.

So there is obviously some sort of problem developing liquidity on the existing ones...
It's not an "education problem" since 99% of trading volume is done by sophisticated, hi-volume day traders.

Liquidity is the result of 100s or 1000s of traders creating a dynamic environment of price discovery...
That's why you cannot "manufacture liquidity" by placing big buy/sell walls 3-4% apart.

And current exchanges will disappear... but will be replaced by Wall Street ETFs and derivatives...
It's better to make $1,000,000 and pay tax... than make $10,000 and pay no tax.

Daedelus

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:06:21 AM

Ya know, it's May 2015 and there is no distributed exchange with volume > $10,000/day.

Nxt Asset Exchange has (at time of writing) $11,138 worth of trade in the last 24hr and $368,402 in the last 30 days ($12,280). It is still a distributed decentralised exchange  Wink

TheMystic

Activity: 171
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:41:34 AM

Nxt Asset Exchange has (at time of writing) $11,138 worth of trade in the last 24hr and $368,402 in the last 30 days ($12,280). It is still a distributed decentralised exchange  Wink

Do you think that the FinCEN investigations will affect NXT or NXT assets? Or is it not an issue?

► ClipX ◄ ♦ The World’s first Blockchain E-Learning Platform ♦ ► ClipX ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Instagram◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Youtube◂ | ▸Whitepaper
not altcoin hitler

Activity: 212
Merit: 22

Amazix

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:19:05 AM

There is no way of stopping crypto to crypto transfers. If they shut down the exchanges they just make it more unsafe for the users but it won't stop anything. They can tax and regulate exchanges but closing them or taxing them to death will have the opposite effect of what they hope to accomplish.

Daedelus

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 05:51:07 PM

Do you think that the FinCEN investigations will affect NXT or NXT assets? Or is it not an issue?

I have no idea.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:21:01 PM

I don't think it's a major issue for NXT yet... NXT is not "low hanging fruit" like centralized Ripple.

But the NXT community needs to vote "outlaw" or "compliance"... and plan accordingly...
Like locating as many nodes as possible in places with vague laws and anti-US ideology...
Like China, Eastern Europe, other parts of Asia/Africa, etc.

And Daedelus...
I've made about 300 trades on NXT AE and it ROCKS, man... but $10,000/day is not "liquidity"...
I personally do $2-3 million in volume on the NYSE every day... plus about the same in Forex...
And I'm a tiny, weeny minnow as far as stocks go.

But Polo now has mandatory verification as of May 20th...
And, on principle, I will NOT give personal info to anon people for hobby level trading.

So NXT AE's day in the sun is fast approaching...
But you guys need a better solution than MGW to trade Alts and non-NXT Assets...
We will see what InstantDEX looks like soon enough  Smiley Smiley Smiley

spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:29:37 PM

What kind of things do you need to verify your account?

If you don't want to verify do they keep all your coins in your account?
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:09:59 AM

What kind of things do you need to verify your account?

If you don't want to verify do they keep all your coins in your account?

I withdrew everything from polo. Not gonna wait till the 20th and find out. Im quite sure you wont be able to even access your account without verifying. Get your money out NOW!

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
Daedelus

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:22:11 AM

And Daedelus...
I've made about 300 trades on NXT AE and it ROCKS, man... but $10,000/day is not "liquidity"...
I personally do $2-3 million in volume on the NYSE every day... plus about the same in Forex...
And I'm a tiny, weeny minnow as far as stocks go.

I don't think either of us claimed liquidity, that is a new topic Grin I was just pointing out there was an exchange that met your criteria

So NXT AE's day in the sun is fast approaching...
But you guys need a better solution than MGW to trade Alts and non-NXT Assets...
We will see what InstantDEX looks like soon enough  Smiley Smiley Smiley

There AE 2.0 in the works too, but I don't know much about it  Grin I think there was a thread on nxtforum somewhere though.. big discussions on what was on people's 'wish lists'.
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 08:22:49 PM

Where one exchange falls another will rise.

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
CoinThug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 07:16:23 AM

Last days i heard about FinCEN investigation... so what will happen to altcoins world?
Are exchanges like bittrex or cyptsy in danger of closing? or what? should we be concerned with this situation?
Please discussion about it.
I am closely following it.  Hope that u guys can keep us up to date
KhalDrago

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 10:21:56 AM

Last days i heard about FinCEN investigation... so what will happen to altcoins world?
Please discussion about it.
I am closely following it.  Hope that u guys can keep us up to date

bittrex is involved in scamming people anyway hope it closes.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: