Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:13:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN] [HALO] | HALO | A Purpose Inspired Currency | Launching Soon  (Read 10877 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 07:49:50 PM

I really like the algorithm. 

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ihascryptos

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 10:55:31 PM

Any news on launch time yet?  come on dev.. throw us a freakin bone here.

I like tacos!
Halo (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 11:12:38 PM

Folks, we'll be adding countdown timers in the next 24 hours! That's correct... timers (plural). Wink

The information regarding HALO and the launch will happen in stages over a short period of time.

I know there have been a lot of questions regarding the algorithm we chose, and we have thus made that part of the initial "Inside HALO" coming up shortly.

The currency, and protocol itself is fully finished. We've been in the process of running extensive backend testnet runs for the protocol. We want the launch, proof of work, and transition over to proof of stake to be flawless for everyone involved.

We're doing some things that simply haven't been done before. And as such we feel it's our responsibility to the community to have ready for launch day a launch ready currency.

We've already received commitment by a number of the top pool operators in the alt-coin arena, and we are in the process of firming up additional strategic partnerships who will help propel HALO to be the defining cryptocurrency of 2015.

We know you are all anxiously awaiting news- and we appreciate your patience.

Our roll-out plan is ambitious, and a core component of our roll out strategy is to have not only a fantastic launch; but also to have a not one, not two, but a number of future protocol enhancements not "planned" or "in progress"; but tested and ready to go. We see this as being an essential ingredient to the long term success of HALO. This strategy will allow our developers the time to continually develop future features, without the stress of having to fix things which should have been properly tested prior to launch.

This strategy we consider to be a cornerstone to HALO's success.

As our Developers finalize their rounds of testing; we're also making sure HALO will receive the PR which we feel it deserves. From the HALO Project's Identity, Marketing, PR Strategy, Outreach Development, to even the smallest of details like over-analyzing font colors and graphic choices-- It's safe to say we're a bit fanatical about our project. We want it to be a huge success.

So stay tuned everyone, and we will be back shortly with updates.  Oh! And yes of course... the algorithm announcement.

All the best from,

The HALO Project Team
Houndirno

Activity: 474
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 11:16:03 PM

Folks, we'll be adding countdown timers in the next 24 hours! That's correct... timers (plural). Wink

The information regarding HALO and the launch will happen in stages over a short period of time.

I know there have been a lot of questions regarding the algorithm we chose, and we have thus made that part of the initial "Inside HALO" coming up shortly.

The currency, and protocol itself is fully finished. We've been in the process of running extensive backend testnet runs for the protocol. We want the launch, proof of work, and transition over to proof of stake to be flawless for everyone involved.

We're doing some things that simply haven't been done before. And as such we feel it's our responsibility to the community to have ready for launch day a launch ready currency.

We've already received commitment by a number of the top pool operators in the alt-coin arena, and we are in the process of firming up additional strategic partnerships who will help propel HALO to be the defining cryptocurrency of 2015.

Our roll-out plan is ambitious, and a core component of our roll out strategy is to have not only a fantastic launch; but also to have a not one, not two, but a number of future protocol enhancements not "planned" or "in progress"; but tested and ready to go. We see this as being an essential ingredient to the long term success of HALO. This strategy will allow our developers the time to continually develop future features, without the stress of having to fix things which should have been properly tested prior to launch.

As our Developers finalize their rounds of testing; we're also making sure HALO will receive the PR which we feel it deserves. From the HALO Project's Identity, Marketing, PR Strategy, Outreach Development, to even the smallest of details like over-analyzing font colors and graphic choices-- It's safe to say we're a bit fanatical about our project. We want it to be a huge success.

So stay tuned everyone, and we will be back shortly with updates.  Oh! And yes of course... the algorithm announcement.

All the best from,

The HALO Project Team

Why is the algo so secret! What are you doing! Is it a secret algo? have you restructured a Frankenstain like algo? is it a satanic algo you summoned from killing strings of virgins at a full moon? or are you secret north korean hackers and making us hash out the codes to the US nuke?
Halo (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 11:20:54 PM

We'd also like to remind and ask everyone who is willing to please send the word out. The power of decentralized virtual currencies in many ways also comes with responsibilities by early adopters. We want a strong, positive, thoughtful community. And that isn't possible without your participation and help.

You can visit our Twitter @HaloCurrency   http://www.twitter.com/HaloCurrency

We've set up a Google+ Profile Page:  https://plus.google.com/u/0/100092417112847142962/posts/p/pub

We certainly appreciate any mentions, support, or even questions in the forum, twitter or on Google+

Thanks everyone!

The HALO Project Team

Halo (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 11:36:49 PM

Why is the algo so secret! What are you doing! Is it a secret algo? have you restructured a Frankenstain like algo? is it a satanic algo you summoned from killing strings of virgins at a full moon? or are you secret north korean hackers and making us hash out the codes to the US nuke?

- Because we want you to stay curious. Smiley

- Working very hard, and not sleeping enough.

- Well it's secret in the sense that we haven't released it yet.

- No none of us felt that the community needed another Frankenstein'd algo.

- We have seen a few full moons during the development of this project, however we can say with absolute certainty that no virgins were harmed or mistreated during the development stages.

- No we're US, and EU based, and no nukes are, or will be involved.

The HALO Project Team
malickie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 07:17:33 AM

Definitely sounds like you guys have been working hard and with that I hope that there will be a bright future with the coin.  I mean 90% of the other coins just release without thinking too far into the future which is an obvious downfall of a lot of them.  Also sounds like you are going to have this Multi Algorythm, feel free to correct me if I am wrong on that point.  If it is that will be a nice change, as people with AMD/NVIDIA/CPU would have an easier time minting the coin.

onecent

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 01:36:59 PM

I've got my eyes on you baby Cool
mind808crime

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:12:41 PM

[/quote]

i'm personally hoping on North Korean agents.  Sacrificing virgins is just wrong.
ihascryptos

Activity: 560

Am i broke yet?

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:30:15 PM

I've got my eyes on you baby Cool

That avatar makes me crave some new age funk Smiley   Up all night to get HALO

I like tacos!
proletariat
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:44:02 PM

All good but it's starting to sound like a timer for some ICO shit. Seriously hope I'm wrong.
zengryT

Activity: 745

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:14:15 PM

This one is looking good now.

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
ShoeOnHead

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:18:27 PM

No ico or else you get a new unmoderated topic Smiley
Houndirno

Activity: 474
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 11:23:37 PM

Oh its ico. I may have missed dat. Fuck this scam coin.

They havn't said anything about an ICO....
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:02:19 AM

Oh its ico. I may have missed dat. Fuck this scam coin.

They havn't said anything about an ICO....

Well, yeah, sure.  But just in case they're thinking about...

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
luckykitty

Activity: 533
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:06:37 AM

All the best from,

The HALO Project Team

Already 24 hours.
dennistlg

Activity: 26

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:24:45 AM

Intresting.
limaphii

Activity: 700

Founder of CoExistCoin

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 05:42:15 AM

OMG!!!! DEV didnt post anything yet!!! scam. omg. Developing something unique should be quicker than this.

crypto addicts. I guess better than doing H

malickie

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:22:40 AM

Any updates, Timer, Algorithm etc.?

diks
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1450

View Profile