Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:59:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bonuspool - SCAMMER NEILL ROELOFSE  (Read 22140 times)
MXRider (OP)

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2012, 09:25:38 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2013, 09:02:17 PM by MXRider

Hi,

After PMing with some fellow miners I decided to open a thread about Bonuspool since the original is locked by Clipse(Nothing wrong with that considering pools current situation). We need a different thread for all the speculation.

(thread will be locked if conversation gets off topic or the word 'ponzi' or 'scam' is mentioned too many times)

Also, if you are not mining at Bonuspool, I'm not sure we need your opinion.

UPDATED 22th October

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=118353.0

Clipse stole ~1800 BTC from his miners. He now claims that he was hacked and everything is gone. No police reports scanned, no extra info given. He just says "I'm sorry but you won't see your coins"

Clipse = Neill Roelofse
10 May 1983
Cape Town

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2012, 04:43:19 AM

I don't understand Bonuspool these days, the terms are confusing and change frequently.

Can someone explain them in a couple of short, clear, and precise sentences or paragraphs?

I'm genuinely interested in going back, but want to know exactly what I'm getting into.

Thanks in advance!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
MXRider (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:34:49 AM

If you start right now you will get 130% PPS. Coins will be paid at the end of October.

I don't think that's too bad if you have some coins and can afford to wait two months. Signing up is done by PMing Clipse. Instructions are in OP of the actual Bonuspool thread.
ddd1

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 07:53:39 AM

If you start right now you will get 130% PPS. Coins will be paid at the end of October.

I don't think that's too bad if you have some coins and can afford to wait two months. Signing up is done by PMing Clipse. Instructions are in OP of the actual Bonuspool thread.

I have 27btc locked in bonuspool not including interest rates.

Carefuly thinking about the past weeks of august I'm unfortunately not wery optimistic about my coins, I'm assuming I will never get them.
Clipse has always been wery nice when writing to him but this is internet and I don't know him personaly.

It is up to everyone to choose to believe or not to believe what is written in the bonuspool thread.
If what is written is true I would be wery disappointed the way business was handled.

So basicaly Bonuspool owes it's miners BTC and the clients that buy the BTC, if this is true it's unfortunately a wery bad business model.

Now as I wrote initaly I'm not expecting to ever get my coins back, even If I do who knows, maybe the bitcoins value will be worthless compared to USD, bitcoins are wery volatile and things can change wery fast in days, weeks and months (to better or worse).

I don't know if what I wrote makes sense, english is not may main language so excuse me.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 08:18:01 AM

I tried to avoid new speculation on the subject since what I stated in the old thread is the only way forward to deal with outstanding payments.

No discussion will make me repay coins faster than what I wrote in the Bonuspool thread and I prefer that if users dont understand the process as outlined in that thread they should rather not signup/mine in the mean time, I dont want to confuse/upset more miners until everything is sorted.

When/if BTCST payout there would be even more BTC and early repayments done, but right now this seems like an uphill battle and I dont rely on this right now.

I do appreciate everyone who is sticking through the this period, once we get to the other side of this ordreal I will see how many users remain and if its still viable to continue at that point.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
psilan

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 08:31:50 PM

I had an agreement with Clipse via email to have mine paid prior to the pirate collapse, but this was not honoured (yes that is spelt correctly I am from New Zealand) and will not be after I emailed complaints.

However, I would mine with Clipse again, but only with an instant payout model. (Why not at 130%??).

I think the 130% announcement, being able to lock the pool thread, combined with this bad news on payments is alarming.
He should be taking his own risk, not pushing it on to miners unknown to them.

dip
Clipse

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:26:49 PM

I had an agreement with Clipse via email to have mine paid prior to the pirate collapse, but this was not honoured (yes that is spelt correctly I am from New Zealand) and will not be after I emailed complaints.

However, I would mine with Clipse again, but only with an instant payout model. (Why not at 130%??).

I think the 130% announcement, being able to lock the pool thread, combined with this bad news on payments is alarming.
He should be taking his own risk, not pushing it on to miners unknown to them.

I cant agree with everyone during this.

You requested withdrawal and few hours later all funds were locked up unable to withdraw from bitcoinmax. At the time you requested I did request large withdrawal but then the BTCST news hit. If you want to see that as unfair then so be it but use your judgement and understand why I couldnt honour it. If I honoured your withdrawal request then Id have to honoured everyone and there isnt enough BTC to go around at the time, do you really think you have more right to your withdrawal request than everyone else ?

You can take it as you want and I tried to explain to you over and over via email but you seem to just ignore what I am telling you.

I cant please everyone during this payment stage and clearly I am not pleasing you but explaining the situation over and over to you and others isnt going to change anything even if I could.

I know im going to take more and more flack from this, some will hate me, some will understand and support me, I cant change what happened.

PS. there is no special powers for locking pool threads, anyone who started a thread can lock it.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
psilan

View Profile
September 05, 2012, 10:54:39 PM

PS. there is no special powers for locking pool threads, anyone who started a thread can lock it.

Sorry I wasn't aware of that.

dip
Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 02:10:51 AM

I kind of have mixed feelings about this. Waiting until Sept 30th means mining on bonuspool for 3 straight months with 0 payouts. That is a HUGE risk for miners. On the other hand, the whole pirate defaulting thing ruined the 110% payouts and put Clipse in a situation where he doesn't have enough bitcoins to pay miners since his funds are locked up. I am sticking with Clipse and continuing to mine. As long as he lives up to his 130% payout, I will be happy. From the talks I have had with him on IRC and such, he seems legit. Damn risks, bitcoins are killing me Tongue

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
psilan

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:27:42 AM

I think the amount of scammers in the bitcoin community just makes me quite nervous!

I have bought 12 GPUs over the past month and today I thought, shit, this is just a little risky, should I sell up? (this is in no way directed at Clipse or Bonuspool)

dip
MXRider (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:44:18 AM

I think the amount of scammers in the bitcoin community just makes me quite nervous!

I have bought 12 GPUs over the past month and today I thought, shit, this is just a little risky, should I sell up? (this is in no way directed at Clipse or Bonuspool)

As long as there are greedy people who are willing to invest, there will be scammers. This applies to everything. Looks like making money with your computer is not enough for Bitcoiners. They want to invest their coins with someone who doesn't even tell what he is doing with them (pirate). Greed is a sickness.

If you got into Bitcoin because it's easy money - Yes, you should sell some, maybe all. Invest only what you can afford to lose.

If you thought Bitcoin is a great idea and will change how people do business - Nothing has changed. No need to sell right now when mining is profitable.

Since this is a Bonuspool discussion I could tell my opinion about it. Clipse has a great business that took a hit. That happens. This is a difficult situation for Clipse and for miners.
Clipse

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 02:58:12 AM

Just a short update on progress.

At the current rate if we can get an extra 100GH added today to the pool it should be highly possible to clear all pre-september and September-end of September payments at the end of September, meaning it will be up to date on payments at the end of September speeding up the recovery process.

I hope this is some good news, if some of you could add extra GH to get to about 100GH more on the pool this would be doable cutting all outstanding payouts by a month from the initial repayment plans.

Only update I have however it is atleast more positive and I hope to cut repayments down to end of September rather than the initial end of October.

psilan

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:52:21 AM

What's the plan after this recovery stage?

Would you ever move to a pay as you mine type pool, or do you still want to go with the current process?

dip
Clipse

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:03:52 AM

What's the plan after this recovery stage?

Would you ever move to a pay as you mine type pool, or do you still want to go with the current process?

All depends on how many users remain at that time. Id like to continue even if the rates need to fluctuate but with the goal of 100%+ PPS for as long as I can get jobs that pays for it.

My plans before this shitstorm hit was to make the new site go live and finally allow users once a day automated withdrawals for starters but we all know what happened then and I had to put a hold on that launch since I need to clear the old payments before migrating to the new system.

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:34:46 PM

What will you do if you can't keep enough hashrate to meet your current contracts?
Clipse

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:02:38 PM

What will you do if you can't keep enough hashrate to meet your current contracts?

Im completing the contracts to take care of current payments, I just dont know what will happen afterwards.

More hashrate now just means I can get all outstanding done by end of September and not end of October.

Morblias

Activity: 576
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:03:52 PM

Haven't had an update in a few weeks, just wanted to check and see if everything was going as planned still?

Tips / Donations accepted: 1Morb18DsDHNEv6TeQXBdba872ZSpiK9fY
MXRider (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 09:17:25 PM

What a coincidence. I was just thinking about Bonuspool today.

This should be last week before payout so I'd assume that if something had changed, Clipse would have posted.

I could actually start mining at Bonuspool since it's the last week.

Just to clarify: Clipse's original plan is to pay all the coins mined before 31st of August at the end of September. Coins mined during September are paid no later than at the end of October. So that's what I mean with the "last week". I don't know if pool got the needed 100GH extra to clear all the payments at the end of September.
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:43:01 PM

Clipse....  Huh

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
Clipse

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 10:49:44 PM

Im still here, havnt gone anywhere.

There just isnt any news other than the end of month is approaching for the first batch of payments as outlined from the start.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: