Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:35:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Start Mining with 2500$ Budget.  (Read 3950 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:29:47 AM

- As i know you have to pay import fees to eqyptian custom.
YES, i pay 10% as customs fees.

-Give us the exact price you pay for power and how much power you can have
Exact power cost is 0.07$ per KW Limited to 650 KW and 0.09$ per KW for more than 650 KW usage.

i already searched S3+ Miners and found it around 100$,
so according the budget it allows me to buy 20 S3+ ( 450GH x 20 = 9000 GH )    [ that's awesome ]
but let me ask you do i need 20 PSU to run it and how much each PSU ?

S3+ Miner is 13 pounds and costs 100$ as used one.
so it costs me 10$ as customs fees and 83$ to ship it here to EGYPT.. Sad

any advices ?

First start smaller.  Don't jump to 20 machines.   You are dealing with a lot of heat and electricity with 20 machines.

As far as custom's i don't suggest trying to doge them, I know some will.  But no honest reseller will do that.   Shipping only way you can get around is if you find a local one.  I don't know Egypt market, but check Craigslist and other places like that.

I would suggest you look into hosting providers.  I know you won't like that anwser.  But with that shipping and tax I suggest looking if it's cheaper to ship to a hosting facility.
Medow

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:52:01 AM

- As i know you have to pay import fees to eqyptian custom.
YES, i pay 10% as customs fees.

-Give us the exact price you pay for power and how much power you can have
Exact power cost is 0.07$ per KW Limited to 650 KW and 0.09$ per KW for more than 650 KW usage.

i already searched S3+ Miners and found it around 100$,
so according the budget it allows me to buy 20 S3+ ( 450GH x 20 = 9000 GH )    [ that's awesome ]
but let me ask you do i need 20 PSU to run it and how much each PSU ?

S3+ Miner is 13 pounds and costs 100$ as used one.
so it costs me 10$ as customs fees and 83$ to ship it here to EGYPT.. Sad

any advices ?

@notlist3d give you a good points to look after.

Also the 650 kw will finish after about 4-5 days if you have 20 S3+. So your real power price will be 9 cent not 7 cents.

Also you need to buy some server PSU with breakout boards to fire up the miners.

I suggest you to look on local market for used gears may be you will find some , I know it is hard to find any used gears on the local market on eqypt but go ahead and give it a shot.
Badr (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:12:47 PM

First start smaller.  Don't jump to 20 machines.   You are dealing with a lot of heat and electricity with 20 machines.

As far as custom's i don't suggest trying to doge them, I know some will.  But no honest reseller will do that.   Shipping only way you can get around is if you find a local one.  I don't know Egypt market, but check Craigslist and other places like that.

I would suggest you look into hosting providers.  I know you won't like that anwser.  But with that shipping and tax I suggest looking if it's cheaper to ship to a hosting facility.

Actually there's no one selling Miners in Egypt at all, not even a single one.
You're right to not jump into 20 miners at once maybe not because of the heat but because of the shipping fees  Cry
so i'm still thinking of 2x S4+ Miners 5140 GH ±5% which around 400$ payout monthly.

so if i'm right i can collect my 2000$ back within 5 Months and when the difficulty increase it will delay me about 15 - 30 days.
i think it worth to start investing in Mining Bitcoin and be the first in Egypt who supply and host Miners as well.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 12:20:35 PM

Also the 650 kw will finish after about 4-5 days if you have 20 S3+. So your real power price will be 9 cent not 7 cents.

Also you need to buy some server PSU with breakout boards to fire up the miners.

I suggest you to look on local market for used gears may be you will find some , I know it is hard to find any used gears on the local market on eqypt but go ahead and give it a shot.

Actually there's no Egyptian Markets for Miners as far as i know, and about the power price i can link up with people who generate electricity directly to buy in 4.5-5 cents in USD but i should buy converters and batteries in order to start using them power.

Electricity, Noise and much heat isn't a big issue where i live friends.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

Keep the $2,500.

Go buy 1 btc when you get a chance when it falls to $180 or 2 btc if you feel generous about it.

The remaining money held to buy more, if it continues and sell off it rises and keep on doing this. After you get yourself a risk free scenario based on all these buy and hold sell point, ask yourself was it worth it to buy a hardware that will put you in the red if the value never held a constant increasing #.

I`d pay off any personal debt instead, if you dont have any then consider it to better use for personal funds.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:39:57 PM

I thought mining in general is dead, so which is why most people just flip hardware these days.

And after profit, they just go buy bitcoin instead and hold.

Its what I would be doing with that $2,500.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 13, 2015, 10:58:17 PM

Actually there's no Egyptian Markets for Miners as far as i know, and about the power price i can link up with people who generate electricity directly to buy in 4.5-5 cents in USD but i should buy converters and batteries in order to start using them power.

Electricity, Noise and much heat isn't a big issue where i live friends.

With no local market it might make it a little harder.  It appears you will have to pay the 10 percent import tax.

In the tight margin mining game today that actually could make a difference.  I would try 1 or 2 depending on model and see how you do.  Electricity is ok but not "cheap" so it's going to be a little harder on ROI.
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 05:26:17 AM

I dont think home mining is the way to go anymore.

Try cloudmining, you can exit easily if something goes wrong. I would go with Hashnest or Bit-x.

Alternatively, you can try PoS coins, I like DMD Diamond, 50% annual interest.

https://bit.diamonds/

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:31:49 AM

Actually i don't have much trust on cloud mining.
so if one day the cloud mining company decide to end them services or even had any problems i will loose my capital without being able to do anything.

I'm thinking of having the Hardware as long as i can run it myself with a good pool and have the chance to increase my earnings by adding more hardware, otherwise if i'd like to end the mining i'll have the Hardware to resell and get cash.

as far as i see most people already enthusiasm and conciser the mining is a lost game after 2105, but i see it from a different view and i hope to be right.
if i use more power i would get a power contract for 4 Cents or 4.5 cents maximum per KW, that would save more on high usage, but actually i don't know how many KW will i use for 24/7 mining using 220V line for 30 days ?
if some one can answer this, it will clear my mind about my future plan .
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 06:53:39 AM

Actually i don't have much trust on cloud mining.
so if one day the cloud mining company decide to end them services or even had any problems i will loose my capital without being able to do anything.

I'm thinking of having the Hardware as long as i can run it myself with a good pool and have the chance to increase my earnings by adding more hardware, otherwise if i'd like to end the mining i'll have the Hardware to resell and get cash.

as far as i see most people already enthusiasm and conciser the mining is a lost game after 2105, but i see it from a different view and i hope to be right.
if i use more power i would get a power contract for 4 Cents or 4.5 cents maximum per KW, that would save more on high usage, but actually i don't know how many KW will i use for 24/7 mining using 220V line for 30 days ?
if some one can answer this, it will clear my mind about my future plan .

This anwser would vary greatly on a 220.  What miners do you plan on using?
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 07:00:43 AM

I'm thinking of 2 options,

First:
-----
Getting 2x of S4+ Miners [ 2x 2570 GH/s ] so it's 5140 GH/s
that would be able to collect 1.65141655 BTC per month.

Second:
------
Getting One of SP35 Miner [ 5.5 TH/S‏ ]
that would be able to collect 1.76707996 BTC per month.

i'm not really sure which one is the perfect start with Bitcoin Mining.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 07:35:09 AM

I'm thinking of 2 options,

First:
-----
Getting 2x of S4+ Miners [ 2x 2570 GH/s ] so it's 5140 GH/s
that would be able to collect 1.65141655 BTC per month.

Second:
------
Getting One of SP35 Miner [ 5.5 TH/S‏ ]
that would be able to collect 1.76707996 BTC per month.

i'm not really sure which one is the perfect start with Bitcoin Mining.

Well I can see pros and cons.  S4+ you can get new which is a plus, also when selling you can sell to 2 different people at end of life.   You have warranty assuming you buy from Bitmain.   Biggest plus if something goes horribly wrong you have 2 unit's so could have one unit out and other still mining.

SP35 has the pro's of being one unit that could be put in a data center easy.   Also has underclocking capability. You will be able to underclock much more with SP gear then the ant's.  

Honestly I don't think there is a wrong choice.
Xialla
Legendary

Activity: 1036

/dev/null

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:06:47 PM

sorry for asking this way but what actually motivates you to start mining (and invest thousands of USD to mining gear) over buying BTC directly? I'm just curious.)
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 08:50:09 PM

sorry for asking this way but what actually motivates you to start mining (and invest thousands of USD to mining gear) over buying BTC directly? I'm just curious.)

I think mining is a fun hobby.  I can see why buying direct has such you mention.

But it is possible to ROI if done right.  It it's no longer 90 day's and is much harder, no doubt.  But part of it is that gamble that you might get even more btc.  Will everyone do this... no sadly.  But if done smart you can ROI.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:16:03 AM

I believe that investing in Mining is real gambling while i have a good chance to make such small profits from it and it might be a start point to build a the first mining farm in Egypt as well.

Now i'd like to ask you @notlist3d if there a chance to open investing in Mining by hosting and cooling miners for people and charge for a cheap electricity and small fee of cooling ??

do you think that people might be interesting in investing with me?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 05:31:56 AM

I believe that investing in Mining is real gambling while i have a good chance to make such small profits from it and it might be a start point to build a the first mining farm in Egypt as well.

Now i'd like to ask you @notlist3d if there a chance to open investing in Mining by hosting and cooling miners for people and charge for a cheap electricity and small fee of cooling ??

do you think that people might be interesting in investing with me?

Sadly I think the 10 percent import fees kill the chance of it.    Most legit mining companies will not avoid these, and rightfully so.

The electricity prices you mention are not really great.  Most would go to if US Washington state, and China is become a heck of a place that is hosting a lot.

What you do have for you is looking at humidity chances are you could use evaporation cooling, which is a huge plus.  Means cooling is a lot cheaper then standard ways.

So overall if you were to invest I would suggest going to a more known place for hosting.  I wish I had a better anwser for you, but this my opinion.  If you were going to make an investment in hosting I would suggest a US or China partner and follow the cheap electricity.

If you want to make it work you would have to get extremely low electricity around half of what you mentioned.   You have to find a LEGAL way to get miners in at a lower import fee.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:16:51 AM

First Point : Hosting place
Second Point : Electricity
Third point : import fees

First :
-----

we've a place [ 325 M ] which is now used as a storage unit so we can clean and manage it as well to become a hosting place with good Air coolers systems, such as like very strong fans ( customized as needed ) and/or Air conditioner, so the place isn't an issue for using as a little farm.

Second :
--------

since 2010 people start investing in selling electricity to Government and make a good investing on this field, so i believe that i can get a real cheap electricity from this way.

but i'd like to ask you about the best price for the electricity and how to calculate the usage of S4+ 2.5TH/s Miner ?

Third :
------

Sadly Egyptian customs and taxs department isn't negotiating the fees so the 10% can't be fixed.

i think even if i or any investor paid the extra 10% rate as importing fees it will be a matter of time to get it back by mining for extra period of time.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:26:40 AM

First Point : Hosting place
Second Point : Electricity
Third point : import fees

First :
-----

we've a place [ 325 M ] which is now used as a storage unit so we can clean and manage it as well to become a hosting place with good Air coolers systems, such as like very strong fans ( customized as needed ) and/or Air conditioner, so the place isn't an issue for using as a little farm.

Second :
--------

since 2010 people start investing in selling electricity to Government and make a good investing on this field, so i believe that i can get a real cheap electricity from this way.

but i'd like to ask you about the best price for the electricity and how to calculate the usage of S4+ 2.5TH/s Miner ?

Third :
------

Sadly Egyptian customs and taxs department isn't negotiating the fees so the 10% can't be fixed.

i think even if i or any investor paid the extra 10% rate as importing fees it will be a matter of time to get it back by mining for extra period of time.

I am being honest 10 percent import fees is hard to get around.  There are not that many investors that will have enough for a entire data center when they compare places this will stop most.  They will ask them self why add a extra 10 percent to make when it's already tight ROI?

Electricity I was being honest when I said you need to get it around half of the 0.07$lower to up 0.09$.    I just don't see you being able to go from 9 with higher usage to 4-5 cents.   It sounds easy but people go to China, and US such as Washington state to find this.

And I'm not trying to kill your dreams.  I love mining.  I honestly suggest you mine for yourself but don't put a lot of money into a "data center" unless your current stats change.
Badr (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:29:12 AM

Perfect answer.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 06:40:01 AM

Perfect answer.

Most don't show much of their big data center's.  One of the bigger sellers of hosted gear is Mr. Lee in group buy.

Look at post here and scroll down to see types of data center you would have to compete with. - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=934581.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: