Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:27:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which one do you value most when you choose a BTC exchange?  (Voting closed: May 20, 2015, 10:20:00 AM)
Trading depth/liquidity - 4 (12.9%)
Security - 14 (45.2%)
Customer service - 0 (0%)
Deposit/Withdrawal Channels - 3 (9.7%)
Low fees - 4 (12.9%)
Compliance - 0 (0%)
Reputation - 2 (6.5%)
Other - 4 (12.9%)
Total Voters: 31

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which do you value most when you choose a BTC exchange?  (Read 1201 times)
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 03:52:49 AM

The first choice is security, followed by liquidity, then fee! We want our money safe in the exchanges! Then we can be comfortable to be trading.

Huobi-USD (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2015, 03:55:26 AM

Although security is mandatory, it is not a sufficient condition for me. The exchange would also need to make deposits and withdrawals easy through multiple channels, minimal verification, etc. What is the point of a secure exchange if you cannot get money in and out? The exchange certainly should not ask for more documents than a bank would. I get treated like royalty at my fiat banks (in spite of how much I hate them) - on the other hand I feel like BTC exchanges treat me like I am a 2-bit scammer.

lol. Don't you feel an exchange is more trustworthy if it contains KYC verification?  Tongue

Huobi Secure and Trustworthy!
BTTrader

Activity: 156

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:06:55 AM

Security.

I will still stay with an exchange with high fees as security is the main thing to be considered. There is no way of finding out if a new exchange is really secure.

May I know how do you choose an exchange by security since majority of exchanges claims that they are secure?
Too much exchanges there claimed they are secure. But I only picked up the the most popular, long existing and high customer experience exchanges.
hua_hui
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:07:52 AM

Security.

I will still stay with an exchange with high fees as security is the main thing to be considered. There is no way of finding out if a new exchange is really secure.

May I know how do you choose an exchange by security since majority of exchanges claims that they are secure?
Too much exchanges there claimed they are secure. But I only picked up the the most popular, long existing and high customer experience exchanges.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:10:02 AM

I voted for Other. I choose OKCoin because they dont require too much personal information from us ← what I am looking for. Security is second.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:32:36 AM

while I value security the most, I need to know that there is enough liquidity or in other words trade volume so that I can trade easily.
also as a second factor the fees are important for me, but it is usually the same on different exchangers

Only Bitcoin
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:36:44 AM

If I could choose 3 from the survey, Security would be the first one in my list. Why? Because every now and then, a news will appear that a certain exchange is "hacked" by some groups, which I think scares traders who have some active balances sitting on some exchange. Second would be Liquidity because it is hard to trade against a low number of actively moving $$$ around. Third would be Customer Service. A good customer service is a plus point for me because in case you have some issues regarding your trades, contacting a customer service rep. would probably help you in your problem more than anyone else.
huadylmate

Activity: 215

View Profile
May 14, 2015, 04:37:52 AM

Security.

At least this way if they do a runner with your funds you will not be alone and there will be many many other unhappy people it is good to share disappointment lol Jokes aside I need volume to get in and get out, never hang about longer than needed and security doesn't really matter well not to me anyway. Fee's are a pain in the ass but they need to make profit as well.
Huobi-USD (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 09:44:56 AM

I voted for Other. I choose OKCoin because they dont require too much personal information from us ← what I am looking for. Security is second.

Then you might like BitYes too! BitYes requires the same information as OKCoin does. Cellphone/Google authentication, ID card/Passport/Diver license verification and Address verfication(if you want to withdraw money). No verification if you just want withdraw Bitcoin. Welcome to visit BitYes.com and we are one of the TOP5 USD-exchanges now. We provide 7/24 customer service and one-to-one VIP service.  Moreover, we have low fees!  Tongue

Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 09:46:17 AM

Privacy.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 09:56:44 AM

I would have voted for 'Trust' if there was such an option but there wasn't so I chose the next best thing to it 'Reputation', I think for an exchange to earn reputation it needs to earn people's trust and to me that's the most important thing. For me to use an exchange it needs to be running good with fair dealings over a long period of time. Security is another value that would be needed for the trust, so if I could have voted for 2 I would have voted for both of these options.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Huobi-USD (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2015, 10:08:29 AM

Privacy.

Do you mean that you won't provide any of your personal information to an exchange?

Aswan
Legendary

Activity: 1734
Merit: 1015

View Profile
May 15, 2015, 10:49:17 AM

Privacy.

Do you mean that you won't provide any of your personal information to an exchange?

Exactly. In return, I would use non-refundable methods of payment so I cannot do any payment refunds (in the case of actually buying bitcoin with them).
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: