Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:47:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Vcoin sha256 pow  (Read 54976 times)
gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 09:29:50 AM

From the “One VCN will always equal 1 VCN” Dept:

Bitcoins to come under anti-money laundering reporting requirements

A new bill was introduced in the US Senate. The Bill's Section 13 aims that people report digital and cryptocurrencies in excess of $10K entering the US.

https://anonymster.com/bitcoins-anti-money-laundering-reporting/

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5312 <- The “United States Code” referenced below

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1241/text#toc-idea0e9489fc8f46379f95bb56c8bbbda5

SEC. 13. PREPAID ACCESS DEVICES, DIGITAL CURRENCIES, OR OTHER SIMILAR INSTRUMENTS.
(a) In General.—Section 5312(a) of title 31, United States Code, is amended
(2) “financial institution” means
    (K) an issuer, redeemer, or cashier of travelers’ checks, checks, money orders, prepaid access devices, digital currency, or similar instruments, or any digital exchanger or tumbler of digital currency
(3) “monetary instruments” means—
    (B) as the Secretary may prescribe by regulation, coins and currency of a foreign country, travelers’ checks, bearer negotiable instruments, bearer investment securities, bearer securities, stock on which title is passed on delivery, prepaid access devices and similar material;
(7) ‘prepaid access device’ means an electronic device or vehicle, such as a card, plate, code, number, electronic serial number, mobile identification number, personal identification number, or other instrument, that provides a portal to funds or the value of funds that have been paid in advance and can be retrievable and transferable at some point in the future.
(c) Customs And Border Protection Strategy For Prepaid Access Devices.—Not later than 18 months after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, shall submit to Congress a report—

(1) detailing a strategy to interdict and detect prepaid access devices, digital currencies, or other similar instruments, at border crossings and other ports of entry for the United States

A classic example of the incoherent ravings and random spasmodic jerks that are characteristic of a corrupt hierarchy in the process of collapse.

Cheers

Graham
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 09:14:02 PM

From the “One VCN will always equal 1 VCN” Dept:

Bitcoins to come under anti-money laundering reporting requirements

A new bill was introduced in the US Senate. The Bill's Section 13 aims that people report digital and cryptocurrencies in excess of $10K entering the US.

https://anonymster.com/bitcoins-anti-money-laundering-reporting/

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/31/5312 <- The “United States Code” referenced below

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1241/text#toc-idea0e9489fc8f46379f95bb56c8bbbda5

SEC. 13. PREPAID ACCESS DEVICES, DIGITAL CURRENCIES, OR OTHER SIMILAR INSTRUMENTS.
(a) In General.—Section 5312(a) of title 31, United States Code, is amended
(2) “financial institution” means
    (K) an issuer, redeemer, or cashier of travelers’ checks, checks, money orders, prepaid access devices, digital currency, or similar instruments, or any digital exchanger or tumbler of digital currency
(3) “monetary instruments” means—
    (B) as the Secretary may prescribe by regulation, coins and currency of a foreign country, travelers’ checks, bearer negotiable instruments, bearer investment securities, bearer securities, stock on which title is passed on delivery, prepaid access devices and similar material;
(7) ‘prepaid access device’ means an electronic device or vehicle, such as a card, plate, code, number, electronic serial number, mobile identification number, personal identification number, or other instrument, that provides a portal to funds or the value of funds that have been paid in advance and can be retrievable and transferable at some point in the future.
(c) Customs And Border Protection Strategy For Prepaid Access Devices.—Not later than 18 months after the date of enactment of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with the Commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, shall submit to Congress a report—

(1) detailing a strategy to interdict and detect prepaid access devices, digital currencies, or other similar instruments, at border crossings and other ports of entry for the United States

A classic example of the incoherent ravings and random spasmodic jerks that are characteristic of a corrupt hierarchy in the process of collapse.

Cheers

Graham

It will be very difficult to implement and impractical especially since virtual currencies are just that - virtual. Governments all over the world are struggling to get their minds around virtual currencies. In contrast to the above, it was interesting to read what Kazakhstan plans to do https://blog.wavesplatform.com/waves-helps-kazakhstan-to-become-the-second-country-regulating-the-cryptocurrency-e19e1b8032b3 Don't know what will come of that though.
e1ght

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2017, 10:37:17 PM

So uh, any updates? Smiley

(New account btw)
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 12:25:32 AM

(New account btw)

I'm working out the details of a metadata strategy with help from the Slimcoin and Datacoin communities.

Cheers

Graham
e1ght

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 31, 2017, 11:00:56 AM

(New account btw)

I'm working out the details of a metadata strategy with help from the Slimcoin and Datacoin communities.

Cheers

Graham
Sounds interesting. Do you have a current eta for the next release?

-Kyle
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2017, 12:25:44 PM

Sounds interesting. Do you have a current eta for the next release?

When I've completed ACME's “sea trials”, I'll have pretty much all I need, I reckon. I'm following a couple of approaches towards integrating metadata: Slimcoin's OP_RETURN approach and, just for completeness, Datacoin's 128Kb-per-tx “data” field.

ACME instances:

http://tessier.bel-epa.com   port 5064 for Slimcoin and port 5059 for Datacoin.

I haven't yet enabled caching so you'll need some patience for the occasional sloooow page load. Not everything works but the Slimcoin adaptation is further along than the Datacoin adaptation. The key work is taking place in “Publications”. In Slimcoin, txs with OP_RETURN data are retrieved and the data displayed verbatim (lacking a “show me only OP_RETURN values for tx made by addresses I choose to specify” ). In Datacoin, I have identified the tx with data fields (4300-odd) and am trying to MIME-typify the stored binary (could be a JPEG, DOC, ZIP, *anything*) to present a paginated list (as well as an “only these addresses” filter). The Datacoin dev devised a solution using Google's protocol buffer library but I speed-read one post that concluded the approach wasn't powerful enough. I'm just verifying for myself that is the case before settling on the RDF-based approach.

Datacoin is a bit of a puzzle and potentially a cautionary tale from my perspective. There's a thread from three years ago which pretty much covers it, provides answers, functionality, 3rd-party support services, everything you'd think was necessary for this to get off the ground, yet only 0.2% of the not-quite 2m blocks+tx have non-empty data fields and a significant percentage of those are noise, i.e. hold no discernible value (although the value may just be in the timestamp). So why didn't it take off? I need an answer to that question before going any further in terms of “people using the blockchain as a publishing device”.

(the gory details are in my posts passim to the Slimcoin and Datacoin bct threads, not written it up yet, sorry).

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2017, 01:59:21 AM

Here you go Kyle ...

https://steemit.com/video/@heimindanger/introducing-dtube-a-decentralized-video-platform-using-steem-and-ipfs

Note the “Browserify” option for https://github.com/ipfs/js-ipfs-api which means that the V client can offer a publish-by-ipfs facility.

Note also that the user is, albeit after ~57 months, obliged to pay for continued storage, as well as the assumed contribution from profits (aka “fuck all”). However, V could serve files from datadir, it has read/write access. The “hard client” he's talking about is libtorrent, which can be linked. There's even a Qt tutorial example of a full-bore torrent client running in a Qt window. Not too difficult to integrate. But I doubt members will want sole ownership of the responsibility for curating their content, I think some people will be sufficiently engaged to self-organise a group solution to share the burden and thus lighten it but I can tilt the odds in favour by providing an easy-to-deploy package.

I take his point about “witnesses” (which I assume form some sort of STEEM overlay network) and wonder if that's a strong enough argument to add an overlay network to V. OTOH, SOLID probably has a putative solution.

This is part of why I'm mucking about with ACME, it's a package: node&blockchain+webapp+fuseki. I'm already intending to use Fuseki to store additional metadata & content (thumbnails, etc) and I've been staunchly resisting the urge to add the SQLAlchemy ORM to the web app and bring in the code I already have for quizzing coinmarketcap for the data to offer an up-to-date index, either using a selection tailored to the alt or a standard selection of 20 top coinmarketcap alts.This functionality doesn't need to be prematurely shoehorned into the confines of a masternode client. As the author observes, application provisioning and deployment tech is getting a lot more accessible to the ordinary V club member. I'd be happy to contribute to the cost of hosting a half-a-dozen instances of ACME for a year, viewing it as a kind of annual subscription. That would enable publishing by torrent and/or IPFS, or even off've the web app. I guess the instances would be SOLID servers, too.

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:37:36 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2017, 09:18:02 AM by gjhiggins

Just a marker for later reference ...

Maybe today’s Navy is just not very good at driving ships

If read with care, the above article reveals that for a strongly hierarchical organisation, the advent of global telecommunications has enabled a natural migration of decision-making power up the hierarchy, predictably resulting in micromanagement and significantly reducing the effectiveness of the organisation. With a Teal organisation, this same technology is strengthening feature, not a vitiating one. It's not that a hierarchical organisation is an inherently a “bad thing”, it's just that the advent of global person-to-person telecommunications has changed the game completely and has created a situation of systemic disadvantage in strongly top-down control systems.

I take the view that this change is a global social phenomenon of evolutionary import given the i) magnitude, ii) significance and iii) the (arguably) self-generated nature of the large-scale problems which our species is currently attempting to resolve...

Earth as a Hybrid Planet: The Anthropocene in an Evolutionary Astrobiological Context

We develop a classification scheme for the evolutionary state of planets based on the non-equilibrium thermodynamics of their coupled systems, including the presence of a biosphere and the possibility of what we call an “agency-dominated biosphere” (i.e. an energy-intensive technological species). The premise is that Earth’s entry into the “Anthropocene” represents what might be, from an astrobiological perspective, a predictable planetary transition. We explore this problem from the perspective of the solar system and exoplanet studies. Our classification discriminates planets by the forms of free energy generation driven from stellar forcing. We then explore how timescales for global evolutionary processes on Earth might be synchronized with ecological transformations driven by increases in energy harvesting and its consequences (which might have reached a turning point with global urbanization). Finally, we describe quantitatively the classification scheme based on the maintenance of chemical disequilibrium in the past and current Earth systems and on other worlds in the solar system. In this perspective, the beginning of the Anthropocene can be seen as the onset of the hybridization of the planet – a transitional stage from one class of planetary systems interaction to another. For Earth, this stage occurs as the effects of human civilization yield not just new evolutionary pressures, but new selected directions for novel planetary ecosystem functions and their capacity to generate disequilibrium and enhance planetary dissipation.

"Civilization arose as part of a biosphere. A Type 2 civilization on the Kardashev scale that is super space-baring could live without a biosphere. But a young civilization, like ours, has to see itself as a part of the biosphere. We're not separate from it, we're just the latest experiment the earth is running in the evolution of life. If we're not careful, it will just move on without us."

Cheers

Graham
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 10:47:01 PM

I keep searching for disconfirmatory evidence. This isn't it ...

Decentralized Social Networks Sound Great. Too Bad They’ll Never Work

The three of us investigated several of these most promising efforts to “re-decentralize” the web, to better understand their potential to shake up the dominance of Facebook, Google, and Twitter.

Our research—a combination of technical and historical analysis, and dozens of interviews with open web advocates—indicates that there is no straightforward technical solution to the problem of platform monopolies.

Colour me totally unsurprised.

Cheers

Graham
anorganix
Copper Member

Activity: 970
Merit: 287

Per aspera ad astra

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:42:27 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 09:18:06 PM by anorganix

Is there a newer wallet available? 0.9.0 is eating lots of memory.
I see that there's Voroshi 0.9.2.2 on the explorer for some nodes but I can't find a compiled version.

Thanks!

I will never send private messages with payment requests for my auctions. I only communicate transparently via the forum (not Telegram, Discord, Skype & others). Please be wary of scammers.
Zozoer

Activity: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:18:50 PM

Any wallet who work??

this coin is dead?
CoinXE
Copper Member

Activity: 62

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 12:46:07 PM

Any wallet who work??

this coin is dead?

Check here

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/vcn/#
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2017, 01:30:01 PM

Any wallet who work??

this coin is dead?

No.

https://github.com/vcoin-project

https://github.com/gjhiggins/vcoincore

What's your interest?

Cheers

Graham
DikoEjik

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:48:55 PM

New mining pool FEES 0.9%:
Payout every 1 hour!

Code:
-a sha256 -o stratum+tcp://secretpool.ru:3333 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=VCN

Block explorer:
http://secretpool.ru/explorer/VCN

support: Discord

wallet pool: VNhmw5Zd25FdKdpLW8xjuAaMfjvud1ttHL
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 03:22:04 PM

New mining pool FEES 0.9%:
Payout every 1 hour!

Code:
-a sha256 -o stratum+tcp://secretpool.ru:3333 -u <WALLET_ADDRESS> -p c=VCN

Block explorer:
http://secretpool.ru/explorer/VCN

support: Discord

wallet pool: VNhmw5Zd25FdKdpLW8xjuAaMfjvud1ttHL

Thanks for the pool. After 3 years the coin is still alive. Different actions behind the scenes kept it alive and there is also a chainz.cryptoid blockexplorer for vcoin.
DikoEjik

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 07:30:49 PM

I see that there's Voroshi 0.9.2.2 on the explorer for some nodes but I can't find a compiled version.

Thanks!

where to get the purse version 0.9.2.2?
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 05:05:24 PM

Thanks!

I'll have a response mid-to-late next week.

Cheers

Graham

(development has been extensive but something of a slow burn: https://github.com/gjhiggins/vcoincore/branches)

Cheers

Graham
CoinXE
Copper Member

Activity: 62

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 04:44:20 AM

Thanks!

I'll have a response mid-to-late next week.

Cheers

Graham

(development has been extensive but something of a slow burn: https://github.com/gjhiggins/vcoincore/branches)

Cheers

Graham

Hi Graham, any update on this?
gjhiggins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2018, 05:18:12 PM

looks like this baby has forked lately, at least once,
cryptoid on one branch, prohashing on another
?? Where are you seeing that? Do you have a pointer - and are you sure you have the right altcoin?

The original VCoin release and immediate abandonment: https://github.com/vcoindev/vcoin

The rescue (courtesy of @chrisvl) is here: https://github.com/vcoin-project/vcoin

Some time ago I reconnected the VCoin clone back to its Zetacoin cloneparent, recovering the entire Zetacoin and (importantly) Bitcoin commit history: https://github.com/vcoin-project/vcoin0.8zeta-dev and used that to leverage some extensive merging from Bitcoin, to bring the coin up through the various successive versions. Anyone still using the client atm is likely to to be using the interim Core 0.9 version but in the relative quietude of this unimportant spiral arm of the altcoin galaxy, I've working on the Core 0.16 version, taking a radically different approach.

One problematic issue is that as a name, "VCoin" was a complete non-starter in the first place. Rumour has it that the OP was JP and must have failed to do basic desk research on the name because a SE Asian company called VCoin were already operating in the fintech/cryptocurrency space - which is probably why the coin was so quickly abandoned. VCoin remains a non-starter as a name because the namespace is so crowded (e.g. https://app.vcoinexchange.com/).

Contempating this issue, I noted that the prevalence of the naming scheme (*)coin was becoming a fairly reliable defining characteristic of vapid "meetoo" clones (incl. VCoin, tbh). I also noted the fact that over 4000 altcoins had been launched and as far as I could see, none had much of a distinctive collective "persona", let alone one with a persona solidly grounded in the online SIG that animates the blockchain. As far as I could make out, it's wall-to-wall pretend SV startups, complete with scale model CTO/dev or a pretend C-Suite "core team" (or other such absurd imports from tightly-centralised organisational models) and scale model ambitions to match.

As VCoin remained just one more "meeeetoooo" altcoin extra in a cast of thousands, then its undisturbed trajectory has been an eminently predictable high-value-start-followed-by-gradual-decline-into-obscurity hockey stick typical of the vast majority of alts - such Ziftrcoin https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ziftrcoin/ and Quotient https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/quotient/ - to pick out two examples at random. although the latter is currently in Yobit zombiecoin mode by which I mean that, according to the takeover ANN, its continued existence is apparently justified solely by the fact it can be traded on Yobit: “We have Officially taken over XQN, it can be traded on Yobit.” (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1766310.0)

Yes, VCoin is listed on Yobit https://yobit.net/en/trade/VCOIN/BTC so in the context of the trading of electronic tokens, it too is a Yobit zombiecoin, the coininfo section references the original abandoned GH repos and yes, coinmarketcap lists it as "inactive" - probably correctly according to their limited criteria.

I'm very comfortable with this situation. VCoin as a name is unviable for an alt and Yobit is widely reputed to be unresponsive (but I haven't checked), so that's their problem if they miss the upcoming hard fork.

So, if not "VCoin" then what?

I'm a pragmatist and decided to just drop the problematic bit: "Coin" ... welcome to V.

Admittedly, the down side could be argued that online search will be an absolute bitch but on the up side: it confers immunity from index engine bullying, eliminates domain name squabbles and renders imposter domains pointless.

Right now, no peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency can be a legally-recognised entity, i.e. it is constitutionally unable to own IP. In consequence, it would be futile to choose a name that could have IP value because as far as IP is concerned, decentralised communities are defenceless against even casual appropriation of IP by a legally-recognised entity. Contrariwise, V is easy to remember, works across cultures and occupies a namespace that is legislatively forbidden to all effective legally-recognised entities.

Without going into reams of tedious detail, the rest of V's approach is similarly iconoclastic. V recognises the social profundity of TANSTAFFL, borrows heavily from E. E. van Vogt's auctorial evocation of Nexialism, leans hard in the direction of Harry Harrison's wirr and, as a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency, is a pure Teal organisation, free of the crippling centralising distortions introduced into Holacracy, for example. V is an instance of Wooley's c, the collective version of Spearman's g (c.f. “Evidence for a Collective Intelligence Factor in the Performance of Human Groups” http://science.sciencemag.org/content/330/6004/686) and one of the current reseach topics is the elicitation of user task requirements where the user is an empowered collective intelligence.

For a flavour of the group ethos, see A different perspective on cryptocurrency. BTW, that is a temporary home, pending the construction and inscription of a TrustyURI (spec: https://github.com/trustyuri/trustyuri-spec, Python implementation using RDFLib: https://github.com/trustyuri/trustyuri-python) on the V blockchain.

I apologise to those in the loop who have been patiently waiting for some actual progress. The preparatory work is very nearly complete (see branches various in https://github.com/gjhiggins/vcoincore) and, after an overly-long period of auto-didactisim, I am now more confident that the groundwork is sufficiently comprehensive and detailed to enable V to follow a very different trajectory.

tl;dr no lucrative "investment" opportunities, no lucrative centralised mining consortia because the emission schedule is complete and block reward is 1 now VCN (algo is bog-standard Bitcoin SHA2-256D). In essence, there's nothing to interest the usual altcoiner here - and we sort of keep it that way by design because different requirements apply in order to be free of the distorting influence of such agencies during the establishment of a strongly pro-social group identity, a necessary but not sufficient condition for the development of more powerful expressions of c ... (Hint: “Finally, c was significantly correlated with the proportion of females in the group, with groups having more females being more collectively intelligent.”)

Cheers

Graham
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2019, 05:25:39 AM

Has this project been abandoned?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 »  All
  Print