Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:10:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382133 times)
R0mi

Activity: 305
Merit: 148

Theranos Coin - IoT + micro-blood arrays = Moon!

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 04:53:59 AM

This was a pretty good read. Definitely gives me great hope for Siacoin.
https://blog.sia.tech/response-to-the-sia-community-and-bitmain-653a12284098

It is the right decision, but not a good read.  If the SIA development team thinks it can arbitrarily make certain demands of a powerful competitor, it's not going to work out that way.

Few quick points:

1. "Bitmain is evil because the announcement was made when Team America was sleeping."  Welp, guess what?  They live in another time zone, do the math.

2. "Bitmain is evil because they hold patents."  Anyone care to guess how many patents Apple holds?  Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, HP, Dell... Buford? Buford?  Anyone?

3. "Bitmain should have come to us 60+ days in advance and revealed their business intentions"  If you ever get to the level where you are competing with Bezos over cloud storage, good luck with this fantasy.

4. "Bitmain should have revealed to us in real time how many units they intended to build, how many they had sold, etc., etc."  See above response.

5. "Bitmain is evil because they did not call the A3 a "SIA" miner."  This tells me all I need to know about the mindset of certain people.  Hmm.  Let's think about this one.  Let me put on my lawyer hat for a moment. 

If I, as Bitmain, correctly anticipate that Team SIA might pull some stunt like a hard fork, which would render my miner unable to mine SIA, what is my legal team going to tell me?  "Whatever else you do, don't call it a SIA miner, because the moment it can't mine SIA, you are going to get sued."  Call it instead a Blake2b miner, because if anyone complains in the future, your response is:  I sold you a Blake2b miner, and a Blake2b miner is what you got.  Anticipation of this sort denotes intelligence, and I am sure Team SIA reads this the same way I do.

And finally this:  If I wanted to do battle with a powerful competitor, what possible reason would I have to spell out my battle plan in public 10+ months in advance?  I can think of only one reason.  SIA was smart enough to realize what might happen, therefore they didn't fully fund the project.  They let their customers fund the project because hey, if their fears turn out to be correct and Bitmain scoops them, it is not their money on the line.

No sane business person announces to the world in advance, "Hey, I plan to buy a controlling number of shares in Company X 10 months from now."  Why not you ask?  Because if the rest of the world takes you at your word they will front run the crap out of you.

I've poured over the Reddit postings and it disgusts me.  50% of it is just incredibly juvenile, and 50% is the most cynical, dissembling BS I have read in many a month.

Walton Chain CEO Mo' Bling: "Walton Chain will be the Qualcomm + Cisco in the blockchain industry, the ‘Google’ of the Blockchain."  It's December 1999, do you know how your shitcoin holdings are doing?  Magic 8 ball market analysis: www.doiownashitcoin.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
myc066

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:18:35 AM

It is the right decision, but not a good read.  If the SIA development team thinks it can arbitrarily make certain demands of a powerful competitor, it's not going to work out that way.

Few quick points:

1. "Bitmain is evil because the announcement was made when Team America was sleeping."  Welp, guess what?  They live in another time zone, do the math.

2. "Bitmain is evil because they hold patents."  Anyone care to guess how many patents Apple holds?  Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, HP, Dell... Buford? Buford?  Anyone?

3. "Bitmain should have come to us 60+ days in advance and revealed their business intentions"  If you ever get to the level where you are competing with Bezos over cloud storage, good luck with this fantasy.

4. "Bitmain should have revealed to us in real time how many units they intended to build, how many they had sold, etc., etc."  See above response.

5. "Bitmain is evil because they did not call the A3 a "SIA" miner."  This tells me all I need to know about the mindset of certain people.  Hmm.  Let's think about this one.  Let me put on my lawyer hat for a moment. 

If I, as Bitmain, correctly anticipate that Team SIA might pull some stunt like a hard fork, which would render my miner unable to mine SIA, what is my legal team going to tell me?  "Whatever else you do, don't call it a SIA miner, because the moment it can't mine SIA, you are going to get sued."  Call it instead a Blake2b miner, because if anyone complains in the future, your response is:  I sold you a Blake2b miner, and a Blake2b miner is what you got.  Anticipation of this sort denotes intelligence, and I am sure Team SIA reads this the same way I do.

And finally this:  If I wanted to do battle with a powerful competitor, what possible reason would I have to spell out my battle plan in public 10+ months in advance?  I can think of only one reason.  SIA was smart enough to realize what might happen, therefore they didn't fully fund the project.  They let their customers fund the project because hey, if their fears turn out to be correct and Bitmain scoops them, it is not their money on the line.

No sane business person announces to the world in advance, "Hey, I plan to buy a controlling number of shares in Company X 10 months from now."  Why not you ask?  Because if the rest of the world takes you at your word they will front run the crap out of you.

I've poured over the Reddit postings and it disgusts me.  50% of it is just incredibly juvenile, and 50% is the most cynical, dissembling BS I have read in many a month.

1,Bitmain mining sia since April 2017,Many chinese miners know。I think dev term already know in Aril because https://yunbi.com/
2,If Dev term do not hard fork ,Move Bitmain,They maybe accepted bribes,We need new dev term

CryptoWaffle

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:29:22 PM

Are the SIA mining ASICS already coming on the market? This could be the premise to a nice rise in the price of the coin, am I right?

shouldnt more SC on the market create a massive price drop ?
CryptoWaffle

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:31:54 PM

Few quick points:

1,Bitmain mining sia since April 2017,Many chinese miners know。I think dev term already know in Aril because https://yunbi.com/
2,If Dev term do not hard fork ,Move Bitmain,They maybe accepted bribes,We need new dev term

I pretty sure Sia is a company and not a community project, so you can forget a new team.
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:32:05 PM

Are the SIA mining ASICS already coming on the market? This could be the premise to a nice rise in the price of the coin, am I right?

We already have seen massive price drop in past. Because of massive increase in supply i am still confused weather i should invest or not, Although Sia is great project with real case use in future but being investor i also have to look return.
CryptoWaffle

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 06:32:34 PM

GPU mining is basically over now so lets hope Asic owners split the hashrate across the pools.
Photographer

Activity: 157

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:19:14 AM

We already have seen massive price drop in past. Because of massive increase in supply i am still confused weather i should invest or not, Although Sia is great project with real case use in future but being investor i also have to look return.

How massive will be exactly the increase in supply? I didn't follow the latest developments, no mention of this increase on OP, but I own some SIA and I'm interested in these marginal details like increment of supply...

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:17:15 AM
Merited by MrSunshine (1)

How massive will be exactly the increase in supply? I didn't follow the latest developments, no mention of this increase on OP, but I own some SIA and I'm interested in these marginal details like increment of supply...

The increase in hashrate (about 10x compared to 1 week ago right now) is having zero impact in the supply and will have zero impact even if it increases 1000x. This is a common misunderstanding of people not familiar with Proof of Work. The blockchain has a parameter called "Difficulty" that increases at the same rate as the hashrate in the network. This makes that no matter how many ASICs connect to the network, the block time, and so the block rewards (that create the increase in supply) remains exactly the same. The Supply is predictable and immutable: https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html

Actually the two last hardforks we had in the last months were aimed to make the difficulty algorithm to update the difficulty every block instead of every 4 days, so with the arrival of ASICs the impact in the block generation was zero.

1 - That is simply false. It is impossible there was any ASIC from Bitmain in April: there was no significative increase in the hashrate
2 - Can you think twice about what you wrote? Are you aware how much money Nebulous (core devs company) is losing due to Bitmain? Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous that manufactures ASICs for Sia. With the release of Antminers, the sales of Obelisks have been affected, as they are going to be delivered by June and by then they will be considerably less profitable. Bitmain released these miners only for damaging en emerging company that otherwise would have competed with them
CryptoWaffle

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:58:46 AM

The increase in hashrate (about 10x compared to 1 week ago right now) is having zero impact in the supply and will have zero impact even if it increases 1000x. This is a common misunderstanding of people not familiar with Proof of Work. The blockchain has a parameter called "Difficulty" that increases at the same rate as the hashrate in the network. This makes that no matter how many ASICs connect to the network, the block time, and so the block rewards (that create the increase in supply) remains exactly the same. The Supply is predictable and immutable: https://siastats.info/supply_inflation.html

Actually the two last hardforks we had in the last months were aimed to make the difficulty algorithm to update the difficulty every block instead of every 4 days, so with the arrival of ASICs the impact in the block generation was zero.

1 - That is simply false. It is impossible there was any ASIC from Bitmain in April: there was no significative increase in the hashrate
2 - Can you think twice about what you wrote? Are you aware how much money Nebulous (core devs company) is losing due to Bitmain? Obelisk is a subsidiary of Nebulous that manufactures ASICs for Sia. With the release of Antminers, the sales of Obelisks have been affected, as they are going to be delivered by June and by then they will be considerably less profitable. Bitmain released these miners only for damaging en emerging company that otherwise would have competed with them

the supply coming from GPU mining took a major dip. RIP dual Sia mining...
OWZ1337

Activity: 140
Merit: 17

BITCOIN===>THE DISRUPTIVE CYBERCURRENCY

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 05:14:05 AM

TEK and SIA both valuable for staking on rasberry pi miners it takes time but this is the gimmick of this low eco-friendly mining platform ;-D more to come!!! ===>

https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Exchange?market=TEK_BTC

I am not a Financial Analyst, Investment Broker, Financial Adviser, Crypto-Guru or any sort of professional that would be deemed trustworthy! Wink weee™
PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:12:48 AM

I just downloaded siacoin desktop wallet. And when i try to unlock my wallet with the password i choose i get this error.

"error when calling /wallet/unlock: provided encryption key is incorrect"

Someone knows how to fix this?

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
myc066

Activity: 201

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:26:32 AM

It is fact,Same thing happened in X11,Asic mining dash over one year before Asic sell! In April ,Someone brought Sia asic from Yunbi CTO
joae1975

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 08:19:11 AM

Mining with ASIC's does not mean more SC on the market.  It simply means higher difficulty in mining and more hashing power to get the same blocks. 

1PewuG8KZJUPK3CtvAkAs1Uw42rQgUv5Jk
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 09:03:53 AM

anyone here mining with an A3?
how many SC are U getting per hour?

me only ~100 SC   Huh

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
yeyz20171031

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 10:48:49 AM

SIA is a good distributed storage project, but as an investor in the short-term pursuit of return, I think it might be more appropriate to buy STORJ.
tothanhtuan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:11:59 AM

With a proper plan i do think SC will be okay this year, well if you partnership with Drop box, One drive, Google Drive. The price of SC will go UP
CryptoWaffle

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:28:02 AM

Mining with ASIC's does not mean more SC on the market.  It simply means higher difficulty in mining and more hashing power to get the same blocks. 

are Asic owners holding the coins like I do ? Thats the question
vindermarch

Activity: 392

simply getting the job done

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:35:16 AM

I think the Sia project is a pretty interesting project and quite promising for long-term projects. But it is very unfortunately that the look of this project is not so interesting. Should Sia create a more attractive appearance so as to captivate the passing eye. Because, by looking at the initial look, can make people interested to follow and study your big project. Because so many projects are coming up, we have to do that.

Mycro Jobs                                                                                                                                                                                                   
| SIMPLY GETTING THE JOB DONE
⟩                                                                                                                                                     
                                                           ⟩⟩ Telegram ⟩⟩ Twitter ⟩⟩ Medium ⟩⟩ Github ⟩⟩ Instagram ⟩⟩ LinkedIn ⟩⟩ YouTube ⟩⟩ Facebook
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:47:27 PM

I just downloaded siacoin desktop wallet. And when i try to unlock my wallet with the password i choose i get this error.

If you just downloaded the client, and are trying to unlock a wallet that was being used in other computer, you can't use the password (is the password only works locally, in the original machine). Use the recovery seed instead.

Alternatively if what you are using is the seed: it might be possible you created another wallet when you installed Sia, and if you try to use another seed from another wallet, Sia will say the seed is incorrect. Not because the seed is bad by itself, but because Sia is expecting the seed from the current wallet. To switch to an old wallet, first delete the current wallet folder. For this, go to "About" > "Open sia folder" and delete the sub-folder "wallet". Then re-start Sia and click on "Load wallet" (an icon of an old-fashioned key)
ilpipita

Activity: 101
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 04:51:29 PM

If you just downloaded the client, and are trying to unlock a wallet that was being used in other computer, you can't use the password (is the password only works locally, in the original machine). Use the recovery seed instead.

Alternatively if what you are using is the seed: it might be possible you created another wallet when you installed Sia, and if you try to use another seed from another wallet, Sia will say the seed is incorrect. Not because the seed is bad by itself, but because Sia is expecting the seed from the current wallet. To switch to an old wallet, first delete the current wallet folder. For this, go to "About" > "Open sia folder" and delete the sub-folder "wallet". Then re-start Sia and click on "Load wallet" (an icon of an old-fashioned key)
Very detailed explantion, guiding steps on how to unclock wallet before reinstall it and resync it with Sia's network.
Pages: « 1 ... 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 [384] 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: