Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: /  (Read 4244 times)
ammy009

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2015, 11:46:58 AM

Please stop these useless conspiracy theories. It does not matter if Satoshi was just a regular man, CIA or NSA agent.
Bitcoin is open source; Bitcoin works and currently has no flaws. It does not matter who created it.
End of story.

I agree with you

Grin

AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 12:26:57 PM

A terrifying and apocalyptic scenario could be that NSA ( or some other "big brother" ) created Bitcoin to set up a new global currency in order to associate every address to every person in the world, just to easily control every single transaction of every single user in the world ( 'cause we all know Bitcoin transaction are public ).

In my opinion everything is possible, but this scenario is highly unrealistic. This for 3 main reasons:

1. Bitcoin is open source.
2. Thanks to the aspect above, many developers are able to create new coins, based on Bitcoin algo. Yes, in some cases they made some changes, but the important thing is that they based their coins on BTC. In other words, if Bitcoin never existed, altcoins never existed too, no doubt 'bout it.
A relevant aspect is that Satoshi Nakamoto is still an anonymous, while several altcoins devs are well-know in the community ( like Evan Duffield for example ). So if we have some doubt on Bitcoin cause we don't know who found it, we could simply move to another cryptocoin, which ensure us more privacy are more reliance.
3. If Bitcoin had been created by a so powerful organization ( like NSA ) , at this point, after 6 years, it would be much more popular and adopted all over the world. They would set up a majestic media campaign or even force people to use Bitcoin. Nothing of it happens so I think your theory is quite improbable.

I think point 1 is enough to discredit the Bitcoin is NSA conspiracy theory. They would never do this under open source software, it's self defeating. Im sure they want to get rid of physical cash in the future, and they will release their own "coin" but of course closed source and ingrained within the electronic fiat scam. Hopefully people doesn't fall for it and adopts Bitcoin instead.
bitsat alien

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:34:40 AM

NSA wrote a paper on digital currency in 1996
http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/articles/money/nsamint/nsamint.htm
there's someone named Tatsuaki Okamoto who was involved, the name is close to Satoshi Nakamoto
Shocked
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 06:58:20 AM

Top secret operations do not use cute little anagrams. I's not a contest that drops hints.

I'm not too sure about that, I heard the powers that be in America are quite partial to anagrams:

Central Intelligence Agency: Elect tyrannical negligence

George Bush and the CIA: Huge gastric bonehead

Republican Party candidate George W Bush: Spectacular beating power-hungry baddie

mhps

Activity: 516

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 10:04:32 AM

A NSA Soma hit to KO

The correct spelling is An NSA Soma hit to KO.

|(
▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▄
██████ ███ ▀▀▀ ███ ███████
██████▀▄███████████▄▀███████
███████ █████████████ ████████
███████ █████████████ ████████
████████▄▀█████████▀▄█████████
██████████▄ █████ ▄█▀▄▄▄▀█████
██████████ ████▌▐█ █▀▄█ ████
████████▌▐█████ █▌▐█▄▄████
▀█████▀ ██████▄ ▀ █████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
)(.
)
▌   ANNOUNCE THREAD   ▌▐   BOUNTY   ▐
TWITTER  |  FACEBOOK  |  TELEGRAM  |  DISCORD
(((((((   MOBILE APP [ ANDROID / IOS ]   )))))))
)
R2D221

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:15:47 PM

A NSA Soma hit to KO

Are you saying the correct spelling is Satoshi Nnakamoto?

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1501

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2015, 06:55:05 PM

A NSA Soma hit to KO

I don't get it. It's weird. I think the real satoshi nakamoto is a man which his name is Otoma Kanih Sotas. He is living happily now in his house.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mark coins

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:44:57 AM

Strange Why would the NSA want a decentralised currency when they are apparently all for centralisation?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: