Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:09:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCdeals.com  (Read 9762 times)
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:12:26 AM

A nice site, however wouldn't it be better to inject BTC payments into existing auction sites?

I mean for the success of Bitcoins it needs to reach the masses. While it's cool for someone to build a business based on BTC, this remains a tiny niche in the market.

Of course. Go do it and keep us up to date with your progress.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:34:28 AM

How does the international shipping work, do you offer full shipping tracking and which shipping service do you use ?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
sublimnl (OP)

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:36:39 AM

A nice site, however wouldn't it be better to inject BTC payments into existing auction sites?

I mean for the success of Bitcoins it needs to reach the masses. While it's cool for someone to build a business based on BTC, this remains a tiny niche in the market.

I think the overall success of Bitcoins will require more businesses to work on top of ot in conjunction with the Bitcoin currency. Aution sites make sense in this scheme, but it will require actual retailers and other business models to work with as well to show proof of concept to other businesses that they can succeed while changing from a fiat currency. Currently the niche of the market is the fact that sites are accepting Bitcoins - and in our best interests (whether as long term investments or get quick rich speculators) to make sure that the exposure to Bitcoins is as large as possible - so expanding to all niches is a good thing (especially if it's on the "legal" side of business practices - not that I disagree with other sites - but it's a different type of exposure that Bitcoins need).
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:37:15 AM

How does the international shipping work, do you offer full shipping tracking and which shipping service do you use ?

He's using a site like dealextreme, and just ordering them, and putting in your shipping address, they usually come from china, but most of the parts are well made. They don't offer tracking (or very limited) as it can take a while to get there.
sublimnl (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:41:58 AM

He's using a site like dealextreme, and just ordering them, and putting in your shipping address, they usually come from china, but most of the parts are well made. They don't offer tracking (or very limited) as it can take a while to get there.

Pretty much - though on larger orders there is a tracking system automatically added - I am not sure what the price range cutoff is, but in the case of yesterdays MicroSD card that was also going for 2.00 BTC, those orders did include tracked Air Service. Oddly, it seems that yesterdays orders are in status packaging, while other sales even from day 1 aren't in that stage yet Sad

Reaching out to them now and will update everyone's orders today with a note on the status...
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:44:14 AM

Pretty much - though on larger orders there is a tracking system automatically added - I am not sure what the price range cutoff is, but in the case of yesterdays MicroSD card that was also going for 2.00 BTC, those orders did include tracked Air Service. Oddly, it seems that yesterdays orders are in status packaging, while other sales even from day 1 aren't in that stage yet Sad

Reaching out to them now and will update everyone's orders today with a note on the status...

Yeah, that's happened to me before as well, they said it depends how backlogged they are, and whether they have them in stock or are waiting for their supplier.
sublimnl (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 10:51:25 AM

Yeah, that's happened to me before as well, they said it depends how backlogged they are, and whether they have them in stock or are waiting for their supplier.

Well - I am working with my other supplier now to figure out how to handle worldwide shipping... it would be US based so I have some logistics to work out - but got my credit approved, and now just trying to make that happen. The DX route made sense for now (and occasionally may still make sense) but this will have better deals on higher end products (as an example, I have compared the prices on products woot.com has offered with those from my supplier, and there is room to undercut woot while still making a slight profit).
IIOII
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:39:58 AM

I think the overall success of Bitcoins will require more businesses to work on top of ot in conjunction with the Bitcoin currency. Aution sites make sense in this scheme, but it will require actual retailers and other business models to work with as well to show proof of concept to other businesses that they can succeed while changing from a fiat currency. Currently the niche of the market is the fact that sites are accepting Bitcoins - and in our best interests (whether as long term investments or get quick rich speculators) to make sure that the exposure to Bitcoins is as large as possible - so expanding to all niches is a good thing (especially if it's on the "legal" side of business practices - not that I disagree with other sites - but it's a different type of exposure that Bitcoins need).

Yes that's right. I just wanted to point out that this alone does not suffice.
SomeoneWeird

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 11:52:28 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2011, 04:15:31 AM by SomeoneWeird

Well - I am working with my other supplier now to figure out how to handle worldwide shipping... it would be US based so I have some logistics to work out - but got my credit approved, and now just trying to make that happen. The DX route made sense for now (and occasionally may still make sense) but this will have better deals on higher end products (as an example, I have compared the prices on products woot.com has offered with those from my supplier, and there is room to undercut woot while still making a slight profit).

Oh alright sweet.

/offtopic I now have 2 bitcoins. I'm not sure whether I should be happy or sad...
sublimnl (OP)

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:12:56 AM

Thinking of moving the update time to noon each day EST instead of midnight EST - any objections to this move?
wahbasah

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 04:49:54 AM

Thinking of moving the update time to noon each day EST instead of midnight EST - any objections to this move?

nope
pointbiz

Activity: 437
Merit: 415

1ninja

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 06:54:16 PM

cool site!

Coder of: https://www.bitaddress.org      Thread
Open Source JavaScript Client-Side Bitcoin Wallet Generator
Donations: 1NiNja1bUmhSoTXozBRBEtR8LeF9TGbZBN   PGP
sublimnl (OP)

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 03:46:31 AM

cool site!

Thanks!

Also an FYI to all - tonights deal will be the last one to launch at midnight - this deal will run for 36 hours instead of 24 hours and then Sunday at 12 noon EST will be the new deal. This will be easier for me to handle immediate orders (fun stat - most orders happen right after a new deal launches) as well as let me get on a better sleep schedule as I will be starting a new job in two weeks - need to get in to a proper groove Wink To help with this I will be launching a countdown clock on the site tomorrow to show the time remaining until the next product.

One more thing - looking for suggestions from the community on what they would like to see. Feel free to PM me, tweet me or post in here. I'm sure some people want cheaper items, and others want more luxurious items - but an idea of what you, the actual customer wants will help me make this a much better site.
jones

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 09:41:04 AM

I like this Site! Fresh layout, simple rules Wink
sublimnl (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:12:17 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 05:22:42 AM by sublimnl

Just wanted to thank everyone for an awesome first week - I have placed quite a bit more orders than I thought I would in a weeks time, and am glad that the site is filling a need in the bitcoin market (loving the repeat customers as well Smiley)

I have some updates that I will be pushing to the site this week - including an hourly update to the mtgox average so that the price is a little more current as the day passes - as it currently is, a product made perfect sense at 3.5 BTC when the deal started, but after 12 hours the price was already horribly skewed due to the massive fluctuations in the exchange rate. I also think this will make it more interesting for you, the customers to determine the best time you want to buy the item.

I am adding a countdown timer to show the remaining time of the deal - it will make the site more obvious as to how it works when a new customer lands on the home page and sees nothing but a product. Done!

Last, but certainly not least, I will be rolling out an affiliate/referral program. By advertising a link or banner for BTCDeals with your unique referral code you will get a percentage of each sale that your link refers. Details to follow!

Also I have some cool products lined up for this next week (at least they are cool to me - and hope you guys do too :p)

Thanks again!
sublimnl (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:00:15 PM

Testing out a new Happy Hour feature - just started now and will last for the next hour! Item will be listed for just one hour but only limited quantities will be sold - so don't face a Sold Out notice, and check the site out now! (After the Happy Hour we will be back to selling a regular item for the remainder of the 23 hours.)

https://www.btcdeals.com/
xXTechmanXx

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 20, 2011, 08:32:22 PM

What wrong with your Site? I thought it will have new Items on Monday

I want to buy things Cheesy
Randall Flagg

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 01:54:38 AM

What wrong with your Site? I thought it will have new Items on Monday

I want to buy things Cheesy

me too... but it is still down
sublimnl (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2011, 04:31:26 AM

Sorry for the issues today - I had a busy day and seemed to have made a typo when I scheduled todays item it was set from midnite on instead of noon - so I guess the first 12 hours the site was broken - will have some updates for the site over the course of the week to make things a bit more interesting Smiley

bitjet

Activity: 696

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 05:23:49 AM

ordered stuff weeks ago. Still nothing showing up in the mail... anyone else have this problem?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: