Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:04:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EvBitcoinFan is a scammer that took our money and voided the shipping.  (Read 5261 times)
Ermak

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:37:42 PM

Romanko, you made yourself guilty with your actions (you broke a couple of laws). I am not sure if you are aware of this. Just to be prepared.

Even if you have been scammed, you are no better in my eyes. There is always a correct way to handle things like that by just contacting a lawyer and ask for advice. If I was EvBitcoinFan and my account was hacked (which we still don't know), I would sue the shit out of you. Even if I was a scammer, I could still sue you...

Hope you learned 2 things out of it:
- Use Escrow
- Stay calm, going crazy might cause yourself big trouble

Romanko, is in the Ukraine. There's really no worth in suing him for extortion. The Ukraine is in shambles and they live in a culture of war, bribery, kidnapping. Not new either, just now the world is getting involved.

Can you stop carry bullshit and bring back the coins?
you can answer a simple question?

When you return the coins?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:00:58 PM

Romanko, you made yourself guilty with your actions (you broke a couple of laws). I am not sure if you are aware of this. Just to be prepared.

Even if you have been scammed, you are no better in my eyes. There is always a correct way to handle things like that by just contacting a lawyer and ask for advice. If I was EvBitcoinFan and my account was hacked (which we still don't know), I would sue the shit out of you. Even if I was a scammer, I could still sue you...

Hope you learned 2 things out of it:
- Use Escrow
- Stay calm, going crazy might cause yourself big trouble

Romanko, is in the Ukraine. There's really no worth in suing him for extortion. The Ukraine is in shambles and they live in a culture of war, bribery, kidnapping. Not new either, just now the world is getting involved.

You are in deep shit man. Scamming people and trying to play the victim. Return the bitcoins you stole from the guy.
Kyle1836

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:00:34 AM

I know various people in the FBI, and won't hesitate to contact them if he doesn't return the Bitcoin.

Dogedigital
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:22:51 AM

I know various people in the FBI, and won't hesitate to contact them if he doesn't return the Bitcoin.

Are you able to expand further?  If we can successfully get FBI to look into some cryptocurrency crimes, I think the bitcoin community will be much better off.
Kyle1836

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 01:28:54 AM

Are you able to expand further?  If we can successfully get FBI to look into some cryptocurrency crimes, I think the bitcoin community will be much better off.

Bitcoin is gaining attention to the U.S government rapidly, the IRS stated that it is going to be taxed. So we're getting somewhere.

Romanko (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:19:27 AM

Just coming back from a week-end in Ukraine (Poltava) and have not seen any war, bribery or kidnapping. Quite the contrary - I found the people very nice and the city/country seemed fine. (of course things look more difficult than in western europe - and there were many uniforms in the streets - but I felt like it won't stay like that forever) That being said, I think Romanko takes little risk disclosing information about his scammer, nobody is going to go after him for that... But, EvBitcoinFan, if he is right, you are going to face real trouble now and in the future. (for example when you are looking for a new job)

The situation in the Ukraine is pretty creepy at the moment and lots of people over there lost a lot and their lifes are hard! So it's pretty poor to write such posts.. I don't have any understanding for posts like this at all..

You are in deep shit man. Scamming people and trying to play the victim. Return the bitcoins you stole from the guy.

Thank you guys for your support! I really really appreciate it!

After revealing some of the personal info of EvBitcoinFan (his original name is Alex Nicolas Haxton, and he's from Atlanta, originally Russian) he contacted me, apologized and promised to return my money in few days. It was on May 15-16. On the same day he sent me back 4,4 cons. Since then no willingness to refund, no intentions to return the rest of the coins at all.

I stopped posting, I wrote numerous emails to him, it seems to me I used the word "please" in my emails more than hundred times. No use at all. Most of the time Alexander ignored my emails or wrote something like "what?" or "I returned all the money I had", or "I'll write you an email later/in the morning", or "I'm getting my wifi installed so it will be easier". I got nothing but some senseless responses. Got the impression of fooling myself to believe in returning my money in a nice way without anyone getting hurt. So it is obvious to me that there is NO sense to hold negotiations with a liar!

And for the record. About his "I gave back all the money I had". The guy is waiting his ordered new electric Tesla (costs over 70 000 USD). And while he is waiting for his new tesla the poor guy drives an electric BMW i3. He just moved to a new apartment with rent over 2000 USD monthly. There are numerous examples to prove hi is so phony.

While I'm making room to arrange my flight to Atlanta I would appreciate any assistance or any contacts of accountable people in police or FBI. There can be much more victims of Alexander than we think.

P.S. About responsibility for revealing the scammer's OP: he revealed it himself on bitcointalk.org by posting his reliable account on BTCJam where he invited people to follow his Tweeter and boasting over the fact that he has over one million followers. So if anyone wants to follow his tweeter - here it is @AlexanderHaxton. I'm sure he will be more than happy to have few more "real" people to follow him rather than to buy hundreds of thousands of non existing followers.

Greetings from Kiev, Ukraine - a beautiful country with nice, open and hospitable people!

[/size][/size]
dystopian

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:24:38 AM

Just coming back from a week-end in Ukraine (Poltava) and have not seen any war, bribery or kidnapping. Quite the contrary - I found the people very nice and the city/country seemed fine. (of course things look more difficult than in western europe - and there were many uniforms in the streets - but I felt like it won't stay like that forever) That being said, I think Romanko takes little risk disclosing information about his scammer, nobody is going to go after him for that... But, EvBitcoinFan, if he is right, you are going to face real trouble now and in the future. (for example when you are looking for a new job)

The situation in the Ukraine is pretty creepy at the moment and lots of people over there lost a lot and their lifes are hard! So it's pretty poor to write such posts.. I don't have any understanding for posts like this at all..

Thank you guys for your support! I really really appreciate it!

After revealing some of the personal info of EvBitcoinFan (his original name is Alex Nicolas Haxton, and he's from Atlanta, originally Russian) he contacted me, apologized and promised to return my money in few days. It was on May 15-16. On the same day he sent me back 4,4 cons. Since then no willingness to refund, no intentions to return the rest of the coins at all.

I stopped posting, I wrote numerous emails to him, it seems to me I used the word "please" in my emails more than hundred times. No use at all. Most of the time Alexander ignored my emails or wrote something like "what?" or "I returned all the money I had", or "I'll write you an email later/in the morning", or "I'm getting my wifi installed so it will be easier". I got nothing but some senseless responses. Got the impression of fooling myself to believe in returning my money in a nice way without anyone getting hurt. So it is obvious to me that there is NO sense to hold negotiations with a liar!

And for the record. About his "I gave back all the money I had". The guy is waiting his ordered new electric Tesla (costs over 70 000 USD). And while he is waiting for his new tesla the poor guy drives an electric BMW i3. He just moved to a new apartment with rent over 2000 USD monthly. There are numerous examples to prove hi is so phony.

While I'm making room to arrange my flight to Atlanta I would appreciate any assistance or any contacts of accountable people in police or FBI. There can be much more victims of Alexander than we think.

P.S. About responsibility for revealing the scammer's OP: he revealed it himself on bitcointalk.org by posting his reliable account on BTCJam where he invited people to follow his Tweeter and boasting over the fact that he has over one million followers. So if anyone wants to follow his tweeter - here it is @AlexanderHaxton. I'm sure he will be more than happy to have few more "real" people to follow him rather than to buy hundreds of thousands of non existing followers.

Greetings from Kiev, Ukraine - a beautiful country with nice, open and hospitable people!

[/size][/size]

Romanko, if you don't mind me asking, how many more coins are still owed to you?
Romanko (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:33:15 AM

Romanko, if you don't mind me asking, how many more coins are still owed to you?

Sure, it's ok!
From my part I paid EvBitcoinFan 13,12 BTC by making two transactions (6,56+6,56 BTC).

EvBitcoinFan returned 4,4BTC on May 15. So 8,72 BTC are still to be returned.

There is another guy from Kiev - nickname Ermak, who purchased two Antminers from EvBitcoinFan. Luckily for Ermak at least one out of two purchased Antminers from EvBitcoinFan is on the way. Ermak will receive it in 3-5 days. The rest of the Ermak's coins (1,77 BTC) are stolen. Here is a screenshot of his transaction:

EvBitcoinFan ignored him all the way! Not even a PM from May 12. Not even an apology. No surprise to me.

Ermak doesn't speak English and uses translator for communication on forum. 
That is why he asked me to count his coins and mine coins all as one and to representing his interests in my thread.

So overall EvBitcoinFan owes 8,72+1,77=10,49 BTC
Ermak

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:01:16 AM

I confirm everything Romanko wrote above.

We are together in this situation with EvBitcoinFan who took our money and trying to make fun of us.

Sure, it's ok!
From my part I paid EvBitcoinFan 13,12 BTC by making two transactions (6,56+6,56 BTC).

EvBitcoinFan returned 4,4BTC on May 15. So 8,72 BTC are still to be returned.

There is another guy from Kiev - nickname Ermak, who purchased two Antminers from EvBitcoinFan. Luckily for Ermak at least one out of two purchased Antminers from EvBitcoinFan is on the way. Ermak will receive it in 3-5 days. The rest of the Ermak's coins (1,77 BTC) are stolen. Here is a screenshot of his transaction:

EvBitcoinFan ignored him all the way! Not even a PM from May 12. Not even an apology. No surprise to me.

Ermak doesn't speak English and uses translator for communication on forum.  
That is why he asked me to count his coins and mine coins all as one and to representing his interests in my thread.

So overall EvBitcoinFan owes 8,72+1,77=10,49 BTC

dystopian

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:52:03 AM

I hope he returns your coins and I have posted negative feedback against him until this matter is resolved. I encourage others to do the same, we should not tolerate these scammers on here.
Romanko (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:01:47 PM

I hope he returns your coins and I have posted negative feedback against him until this matter is resolved. I encourage others to do the same, we should not tolerate these scammers on here.

Thank you very much for your encouragement!
I'm afraid Alexander Haxton won't be using his EvBitcoinFan account anymore. This is one of reasons why I decided to reveal some more info on him in my thread.
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:32:37 PM

Really sucks to see this. Guess I was one of the few lucky ones who got what they paid for.

Good luck, Romanko!
Romanko (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 07:30:27 AM

Really sucks to see this. Guess I was one of the few lucky ones who got what they paid for.

Good luck, Romanko!

Thank you Prelude for your support and encouragement!
I think that selling the miner to someone reputable like you was part of a plan.
Romanko (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:46:42 PM

Hey guys!

I am in contact with BITMAINtech since 2014 and made bulk purchases.
Now I made a request to find out if Alexander Haxton is their wholesale buyer or associated seller, because he claims so in his twitter, that he cooperates with them.

https://twitter.com/alexanderhaxton/status/589085711371898881
https://twitter.com/alexanderhaxton/status/588732986364796928

From another side I asked BITMAINtech confirm the following info: if it is possible to buy the new S4+ miners from them, after what add value of shipping to USA, some earnings, U.S. shipping and some additional discount and not to exceed the 800$ price (or even 3 BTC price - 720$).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1035657.120
Romanko (OP)

View Profile
June 02, 2015, 02:45:03 PM

Hey guys!

I am in contact with BITMAINtech since 2014 and made bulk purchases.
Now I made a request to find out if Alexander Haxton is their wholesale buyer or associated seller, because he claims so in his twitter, that he cooperates with them.

https://twitter.com/alexanderhaxton/status/589085711371898881
https://twitter.com/alexanderhaxton/status/588732986364796928

From another side I asked BITMAINtech confirm the following info: if it is possible to buy the new S4+ miners from them, after what add value of shipping to USA, some earnings, U.S. shipping and some additional discount and not to exceed the 800$ price (or even 3 BTC price - 720$).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1035657.120

This topic was moved by the moderator from S4+ thread to scam accusations:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1076459.0

And I am currently in contact with BITMAIN representative and clearing the details.

Also a reputable community member contacted me by PM saying he has very serious accusations against A. Haxton.
In the middle of finding out the details. Will update the community when have more answers.
Ermak

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 09:16:00 PM

At this moment no news and no coins   Undecided
Romanko (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:19:21 PM

Hello guys!

Haven't posted anything for more than two weeks. Used this time to gather all the info I wanted to know:

~ the origin of the devices A. Haxton sold on bitcointalk.org;
~ total quantity of the devises he had in his disposition;
~ info about his claimed (on his Twitter) "cooperation" with BITMAIN;
~ info about how he came with such low NON EXISTING prizes on 4+ Antniners;
~ info on his loans on BTCJAM (and it is ridiculous because of numerous scam accusations).

Starting with HOW the guy tries to earn the money.

He made a business project out of his Twitter account offering his promotional abilities due to the fact that he has over 1 million followers (more than 70 % of them he bought himself using services as "buy followers"). No surprise his email address is AlexAndNicolePR@gmail.com. Nicole is his sister and I'm not sure she's involved in his PR activity at all. Not a single sign of promoting anything. But anyway.

After revealing the real name of EvBitcoinFan in my thread on bitcointalk, I was contacted by a person who claimed that the miners sold by Alex Haxton aren't Haxton's property and appear to be stolen.

Now how it all happened... Haxton got 8 pieces of miners to promote them as soon as the were released using his Twitter. Those 8 devices were not for sale. He did not pay for them even a single dollar. He has no documents to prove he bought those Antminers 4+!!!

And for the record if he decided to buy one piece of Antminer4+ arrived from the factory he would get it for no less than 1070 USD.

A.Haxton managed "to sell" on bitcointalk 11 devices (having only 8 in his disposal), and shipping only 6.

Digitalmocking 1 sold - 1 shipped out
Westcoastminer 1 sold - 1 shipped out
Prelude 1 sold - shipped out
Tarzan 1 sold - 1 shipped out
Supert - 1 sold - 1 shipped out
Ermak 2 sold - 1 shipped out
Romanko 4 sold - 0 shipped out

So his "not taking orders on bitcointalk anymore, I will sell the devices on Amazone" is nothing but: "I'm a scammer. I got doxed and I'm not going to sell non existing devises anymore".

In total he is currently known to be in possession of 10.49 stolen Bitcoin (about $2500) that he collected in exchange for hardware he never sent. This is in addition to the several other miners he acquired and sold illegally adding up to over $10,000 in value total.

Also his scamming activity extends to BTC Jam. A.Haxton has numerous scamming accusations. People blame him of trying stealing Bitcoin from them. Not surprising. He tried to get 36 000 USD for a loan, but that never happened because he was figured out. Just as on bitcointalk he worked on creating positive image by taking small loans and returning them back and them BOOM he asked for maximum permitted size of a loan. Just join the service to see it or the BTC Jam group on Facebook and tag "Haxton". I'll add some screenshots anyway.

Just as I predicted there are much more victims from his. Unfortunately...
Romanko (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:20:25 PM

Some screenshots how people from Facebook group of BTCjam community in mid April 2015 post their experience revealing actions of Alex Haxton.
A month later Alex Haxton aka EvBitcoinFan pushed us to pay him in full for a 6 piece order of Antminers S4+ that he didn’t had, and stole our money.

Kyle1836

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 02:22:09 PM

Put his information up on PasteBin, it'll get a lot of attention.

Romanko (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 03:09:57 PM

Put his information up on PasteBin, it'll get a lot of attention.

Thanks for the tip! Will do so!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: