Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:40:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Split from: ANTMINER S4+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 638 times)
Romanko (OP)

Activity: 325
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 03:43:19 PM

I have a question, an answer to what, could reveal a fraud, who’s original personality is known already known to community, and he is presenting himself as a wholesale trader of BITMAINtech. He sold single S4+ units to reputable members of bitcointalk.org and gained positive feedback:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1037331.0;all

He was selling S4+ miners for much more lower price then the official BITMAIN website. For 800$ piece - already shipped to USA. This price also included fast US "to door" delivery and of course some earned money for the seller. He also offered some buyers discount price 3 BTC (720$) for an new device in an opened box.

I purchased already from BITMAINtech bulk orders and was very happy with delivery time, warranty issues and overall support. For the new S4+ devices I had also negotiations for purchase from BITMAINtech directly, but friend of mine convinced me to purchase the miners from the guy from bitcointalk.org community - EvBitcoinFan (who turned to be Alexander Haxton), because he had few positive feedback from reputable members and they really received their S4+ for very cheap price. But after he received payment for 6 devices from me and my friend he went offline and voided the shipping tracking numbers he provided as proofs that the goods already are sent out.
Link to my thread dedicated to this situation:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1061431.0

SO if we calculate backwards the add-ons from the price of EvBitcoinFan stated for the S4+ units (air delivery from China to US, US local fast delivery by UPS, and his earnings), all together it makes an additional value of unit from 200$ to 300$. SO the "true" price of device for this person from the factory (in case he is not a liar) should be around 500$ for one unit.

My question is directed to Bitmain representative here on bitcointalk.org about the price politics for the new S4+ miner:
what quantity one should order from BITMAIN to receive the price of 500$ for this S4+ miner? Is it possible at all?

Thank you for your answer!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mungwi

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 09:46:45 AM

this is interesting to me as well, i just received 3 units that I purchased through DHgate and was considering purchasing more units. maybe we can organise a group buy to get a good deal?
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2015, 05:32:23 AM

what quantity one should order from BITMAIN to receive the price of 500$ for this S4+ miner? Is it possible at all?

tldr; no, sounds like a scam.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: