Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:10:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New York Times identifies Nick Szabo as Satoshi Nakamoto  (Read 14217 times)
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:36:48 PM

I know bitcoin is created by 2 people: an American and an Englishman.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:43:29 PM

FYI: Looks like I had a very important post removed from this thread and I was NOT notified via PM about its removal. I'd say something's afoot.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:51:48 PM

Here's another tidbit:

Which thread's post are indexed via Google?

1. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062611.0 <-- Started today!

or

2. Posts in this thread penned yesterday, none of which penned today are indexed.

Careful, now! It may be a trick question.

This post brought to you by a dude that had an important post deleted penned on this thread today. Again, I wasn't notified via a PM of its removal.
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:58:32 PM

Here's another tidbit:

or

2. Posts in this thread penned yesterday, none of which penned today are indexed.

This post brought to you by a dude that had an important post deleted penned on this thread today. Again, I wasn't notified via a PM of its removal.

Bitcointalk was briefly offline a few hours ago, so there might be a time delay between the post's removal and you being notified. Maybe offline time interferes with the system somehow. There must be a massive load on it with all the posts it gets. Most other forums would crash under bitcointalk's normal load.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:07:43 PM

Here's another tidbit:

or

Bitcointalk was briefly offline a few hours ago, so there might be a time delay between the post's removal and you being notified. Maybe offline time interferes with the system somehow. There must be a massive load on it with all the posts it gets. Most other forums would crash under bitcointalk's normal load.

The post in question was up prior to BCT being offline. There were even comments made after I posted it.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 11:39:09 PM

More from 340 S Lemon, Walnut, Ca.

https://hirewordpressprogrammers.wordpress.com/

https://jquery.org/donate/

Moebius327

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:00:07 AM
Last edit: May 17, 2015, 09:39:01 PM by Moebius327

Edited: People should respect the privacy of other people..
kendog77

Activity: 742

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:37:47 AM

I think the NY Times nailed this story. Nick Szabo is exactly the type of guy I would expect to be Satoshi.

He's wicked smart, not the least bit materialistic, unassuming, was around in the beginning, has a libertarian mind-set, and managed to stay below the radar since 2011 despite still being involved in the Bitcoin scene.
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 02:56:30 AM

Now 50 different people need to come forward claiming to be sotashi and say prove me wrong.  That'll throw a wrench in things.
Gleb Gamow (OP)
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 04:25:39 AM

Now 50 different people need to come forward claiming to be sotashi and say prove me wrong.  That'll throw a wrench in things.

"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
[...]
umairsaleem

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:58:26 AM

It's said that Satoshi Nakamoto is a Japanese name so that Japanese is the people who created Bitcoin. But it doesn;t matter. I;m curious that why's Satoshi hiding?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:23:44 AM

It's said that Satoshi Nakamoto is a Japanese name so that Japanese is the people who created Bitcoin. But it doesn;t matter. I;m curious that why's Satoshi hiding?

why is Satoshi hiding? Simple, he has created something that can 'break' all the economic system and you are asking why he is hiding his real identity? The japanese name doesn't mean that japanese is the people who created bitcoin (most probable he like the japanese culture and 'system' , but it is just my personal opinion).
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:42:57 AM

Journalists get everything wrong. "This random dude is Satoshi Nakamoto, NASDAQ will use blockchain but not Bitcoin..." and so on and so on. Those guys always get it backwards.

Be warned below off on a RANT!!!!

you have been warned feel free to put me on /ignore I don't mind.....hell I don't even know you or vice versa... Smiley

again imho the press does this EXACTLY THIS WAY to get more eyeballs on sites and/or sell papers or TV or whatever....

think of it this way....

the NASDAQ story that most press ran with that you could use the blockchain  and get around the pesky bitcoin stuff......all over the place....

the next day or so it was pointed out that NASDAQ was using a color coin option to test stuff and was the bitcoin network and such btc as a method
to pay such miners of that network because that IS  the elephant in the room network .ie blockchain.....

NADA.... no retractions I could see ......a few small corrections on tech blogs ..but nothing picked up like the 1st big bombshell reporting of the above

but think about it

say that NASDAQ does another test and now the press can clam.....or about saying that a whole new story...that NASDAQ is incorporating the bitcoin network
even MORE eyeballs/sites/papers/tv  etc

NOW you have TWO major stories pushing eyeballs to your site.........based on rumor....more or less from what I can tell

I expect the THIRD option to pop up next that NASDAQ will make its own network/coin/exchange etc to get around bitcoin

you could repeat stories on this theme with  a little bit of tweaking and no facts at all till the end of the year...it is not like NASDAQ is really telling anyone
what they are doing....they want to keep some competive advantage.....

Same with NICK as Satoshi

1st the NY times says it is likely him

then controversy.......

then someone else

the a mysterious group of someones (hackers! ack!)

then the NSA (ack!)

then no we were wrong on stiring up further FUD we find from (ex-girlfriends..landlords......dry cleaners or whatever usually for $$$) he is an evil genius and
is romatically involved with hamsters...

no we were wrong he is a saint among men ..forget the hamsters...

sh*t I'm probably writing the press's stories on this and will be the source of all hamster inuendo for poor Nick...(ack!)

the founder of bitcoin is the perfect method to move the press....they call him innovator/hacker/personal interest story/ who he is/ what is  he up to...what if he sold all his coin
at the same time ..the list is endless

as far as the press is concerned ..they could not have invented anything more perfect to and easy (lazy) for then bitcoin to speculate about ....poor Nick the
more he protests the more he is gonna be hounded..until the next guy they turn their attention on as the story on Nick does not gain traction

hell .....for the story about Leocoin being the 2nd largest coin ..it was a case of LAZY reporting in that Leocoin did some hyped up press release and some miner
papers took up the link and within a day it was taken up by all the major news outlets as fact

http://www.cbronline.com/news/enterprise-it/it-services/leocoin-roars-into-digital-currrency-market-4539862

no harm no foul.....even made up news .....works so I doubt anyone got in any real trouble over Leocoin web page hits were up....people googled into your press site...and for most the retraction did not happen till at least a couple days  later...and it to was kinda buried

expect more of this...it is just do damn easy just to link all the other FUD and such to your site no matter if it is correct or not...and move eyeballs and yelling SCAM
or FAILURE is gonna sell a lot more papers any correct facts........and if you are really really quiet about any retractions or real facts....you can keep this ball
rolling a LONG time.......I myself am expecting the next big press story to be that Bitcoin is being directed by a CABAL of folk that call them selves Satoshi Nakamoto
and that ....er wait never mind ..that has already been done with the BITCOIN FOUNDATION so ...i should correct this to say the next story will be about the newly
absolved and improved bitcoin foundation of its evil ways...

sheesh....I long for Dan Wallace on 60 min TV show doing REAL reporting and making people cry about their crimes on national TV....sure you went their and the
Advertisements sold you stuff...but at least you were kinda educated about uncomfortable stuff ....now the purpose of he press seems to keep you confused
so you keep coming back to their NEWEST psuedo events....facts be damned

er....end of RANT

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:57:52 AM

gleb:

you are going to find 9000 businesses linked to "340 lemon".. try a different path to your research, otherwise you'll just get into a pickle trying to convice people that satoshi is also someone:
who made a dog toilet (patch of grass on a pallet which can be placed inside peoples apartments, so they dont have to take animals outside)
who sells scarf's
who is involved in real estate
who is involved in corporate acquisition

also 657 social security cheats use that address to get their social security mail delivered there
http://www.spokeo.com/reverse-address-search/search/340+S+Lemon+Ave,+Walnut+CA+91789

as i said its a virtual mailbox address

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:51:44 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2017, 09:28:23 PM by HI-TEC99

gleb:

you are going to find 9000 businesses linked to "340 lemon".. try a different path to your research, otherwise you'll just get into a pickle trying to convice people that satoshi is also someone:
who made a dog toilet (patch of grass on a pallet which can be placed inside peoples apartments, so they dont have to take animals outside)
who sells scarf's
who is involved in real estate
who is involved in corporate acquisition

also 657 social security cheats use that address to get their social security mail delivered there
http://www.spokeo.com/reverse-address-search/search/340+S+Lemon+Ave,+Walnut+CA+91789

as i said its a virtual mailbox address

Virtualpostmail.com says that address is their office where customers can have their mail delivered to. As franky1 says, there will be thousands of companies using that as their mailing address. Check out the informaton from the virtualpostmail.com site below.

http://www.virtualpostmail.com/help/faq-shipping-delivery-package-forwarding

I’m going to be in the area, can I pick up my mail?

Yes, you are more than welcome to pick up your mail! In order to have it ready for you, we request that you submit a “pickup order” at least half a day in advance. Simply create a shipment as you normally would for forwarding. For the destination address, use:

Pick Up
340 S Lemon Ave
Walnut, CA 91789

As we’re not a retail but an office/warehouse, we are not open to the general public. So you must call us or send us an email ahead of time to make an appointment between the hours of 10AM and 4PM on Mondays – Fridays (excluding holidays) for pick up. Then drop by any time around the appointed time to pick up your shipment. Although we do not charge for shipping, we do charge a slight handling fee of $0.15 /mail piece and $1.50 / package.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 09:52:31 AM

why is Satoshi hiding? Simple, he has created something that can 'break' all the economic system and you are asking why he is hiding his real identity? The japanese name doesn't mean that japanese is the people who created bitcoin (most probable he like the japanese culture and 'system' , but it is just my personal opinion).

Could be that he is really japanese. He had no idea ofcourse that bitcoin will be popular like today and it will harm the economic system and he must have not thought of it before of hiding in a fake name so my assumption that he is Japanese

Nick Szabo has a twitter account linked in his blog:

http://unenumerated.blogspot.de/2014/07/tweeting.html#links

https://twitter.com/NickSzabo4

It seems he is pretty active at retweeting stuff..

Seems not the like the satoshi I read because from what I read that he is a quiet guy and Nick is different guy from what I read, could be that he is not satoshi but is involved
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:18:04 AM

What surprises me is how long it took for them to publish the Nick Szabo theory:

On the contrary, Nick Szabo (Nakamoto Satoshi) fits incredibly well. It is painfully obvious that Nick is one of the main (if not THE main) inspirators of Satoshi's work. Again: Nick was the inventor of the "smart contracts" concept and he developed extensive work on blockchain-like decentralized ledgers; his bit-gold is simply "bitcoin beta", but he is not even cited as a reference on the Bitcoin whitepaper - the only plausible reason for such ommission is again, OPSEC/compartimentalization. Similarly, Szabo almost never wrote about Bitcoin, despite it is clearly the system he has been writing about from 1996 to 2005. Every question to Szabo about BTC is duly ignored, he just wrote/commented about Bitcoin once after many questions, even if it clearly is the realization of years of his work. Additionally, the last paper on e-currency he wrote was published in 2005, and his very last comment on that matter (which was a central part of his work for at least 9 years) was published on his blog in 2008, shortly before the bitcoin paper was published.

Given the above and other many factors (similarity in writing style and political views, etc.) I give 75% chance that NS is SN. This obviously doesn't mean I want Nick to be "outed": privacy is a fundamental right that should never be taken away for anybody.

BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 10:55:24 AM

You are all wrong with your guesses.

But no worry I will tell who he is.

It is Nick Szabo. There I said it and take all the credit for finding him. No one guessed it before yet now prove me wrong.
A book is coming soon so everyone go pre-order and bring me revenues.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:21:49 AM

You are all wrong with your guesses.

But no worry I will tell who he is.

It is Nick Szabo. There I said it and take all the credit for finding him. No one guessed it before yet now prove me wrong.
A book is coming soon so everyone go pre-order and bring me revenues.

It is.... I think you wanted to say "He is" or are you thinking that Satoshi Nakamoto is a "thing" a machine, hardware or computer? We are waiting the book, and remember to sold it only for bitcoin!
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 1418

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 12:33:12 PM

"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
"I am Satoshi!"
[...]

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████