Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How Did bitcoin remained at 200 USD  (Read 1994 times)
thebenjamincode (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

37iGtdUJc2xXTDkw5TQZJQX1Wb98gSLYVP

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:24:02 AM

I was just wondering because if mtgox was responsible for making the fake increase of the price of bitcoin, then how come it remained at $200 and why it did not fell down to $10 like before?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 01:51:55 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2015, 02:32:33 AM by franky1

I was just wondering because if mtgox was responsible for making the fake increase of the price of bitcoin, then how come it remained at $200 and why it did not fell down to $10 like before?

mtgox was not responsible for much of the increases.. that was the hype from chinese exchanges that people then sheep followed on US exchanges. but when mtgox finally tumbled and closed its doors(withdrawals), alot of people stopped sheep following mtgox as the funds could not be transfered out and so they realized it had no impact any longer on real trades.

and that is why mtgox sunk to $100 while at the time(winter time 2013-14,), the other exchanges remained at $500ish

.. and all i have to say to that is thank god there were more intelligent investors, rather than MTGOX devoted sheeple.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:21:06 AM

I'm not sure why it did not fall to $10 USD when Mt Gox fall. Well, my guess is that more people get to know about Bitcoin because of the fall. Thus, the price did not went below $100 USD.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 02:39:51 AM

MtGox was only one of many variables. The price seems to have finally digested all the various news and stabilized. I would say $10 is probably not in the near future, but with bitcoin you never know. Without some major shift is sentiment, we could be trading in this range for a long time.

Studio60

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 03:55:10 AM

Remember that MtGox wasn't the only exchange. Even if they had some fake orders that were manipulating price that wouldn't be consistent with all the other exchanges. Bitcoin definitely had some enthusiasm bubbles that would have happened anyway.
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:14:35 AM

I don't think they are as big of a factor as you may believe they are.  There are too many traders to fully believe that would be possible.

lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:17:49 AM

the price has been droped 800% but we still are here because this currency has impressed us and still it is developing is a good speed.yes we faced a fall but we will reach there again without any mtgox Cheesy everyone is serious now
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:21:55 AM

people accuse Gox from the 200-1000+ rise, not all rise since the 10.

And with or withou Willy bot more people are using BTC and more people know about it, so the rise
itsAj

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 04:26:08 AM

The market just corrects at any one time. That is just the natural price with with all past market thought.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 06:18:57 AM

because 10 is no nense, there will be always a demand for bitcoin no matter what will happen, that demand say that bitcoin is worth 200

also falling from 1200(fake pump) to 200, it's not the same as falling from 200(real floor) to 10, but not just because of the big differece x6 vs x20 but because it was a natural grow
Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 07:24:27 AM

$200 is what the demand and supply agreed upon as a fair price right now.
The real question should be: Are we going to see prices over $1000 again without another willy bot?

neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2015, 08:10:55 AM

Guess it is the natural value for the coin at the moment in the market. It is profitable for the miners and if it is staying stable we could get more adoption in the economy, stores have more trust in a coin that has a stable value, it is nice if you can print a pricetag for your product and you do not have to change it every drop or rise of the currency.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:22:17 AM

It is thanks to Asia (Chinese farms/traders etc stable-200 dollar) maybe?
Edit: https://i.imgur.com/7PJujed.jpg

asia plays probably the biggest role here. it's because of them that the difficulty has seen a massive rise while you would think with a significant lower price the difficulty would plummet hard.
Fiat_Hodler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:40:40 AM

Ye how is price remaining in the 200s... Should probably be higher :{)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 10:57:37 AM

The real question should be: Are we going to see prices over $1000 again without another willy bot?

No of course, the real second question... will you buy 1 bitcoin for 1'000 dollars? I do no think you will buy it Wink.

It seems this is the real bitcoin price, we are crashe from 1k dollars to 150 dollars .... and now we are here for a couple of months 200-300 dollars. Some users asking for 1k dollars but the price (not the value) can't never reach 500 dollars .
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 12:44:41 PM

No of course, the real second question... will you buy 1 bitcoin for 1'000 dollars? I do no think you will buy it Wink.

It seems this is the real bitcoin price, we are crashe from 1k dollars to 150 dollars .... and now we are here for a couple of months 200-300 dollars. Some users asking for 1k dollars but the price (not the value) can't never reach 500 dollars .

People who are asking for $1K Bitcoin while the price barely can manage to come close to $300 are clowns. They don't know how this market works. Typically get rich quick noobs.
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:30:59 PM

Volume since the beginning of the year has been the highest in bitcoin history, yet the price has remained fairly stable, meaning a lot of accumulation is going on.  In fact volume is at a rate where each coin in existence gets turned over roughly once a month.  I wouldn't be surprised if some shenanigans such as naked short selling or some other fake selling is going on here near the end of the bear market, just as gox had some shenanigans going on at the top of the bull market. 

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
joghsephre

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:39:41 PM

Volume since the beginning of the year has been the highest in bitcoin history, yet the price has remained fairly stable, meaning a lot of accumulation is going on.  In fact volume is at a rate where each coin in existence gets turned over roughly once a month.  I wouldn't be surprised if some shenanigans such as naked short selling or some other fake selling is going on here near the end of the bear market, just as gox had some shenanigans going on at the top of the bull market.  

Volumes are most China fake market maker trades, 0 trade fee, 100 btc traded 1000 times = 100,000 volumes, just like this.
accumulation is going on? how about they are all bag holders victims?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:43:42 PM

People who are asking for $1K Bitcoin while the price barely can manage to come close to $300 are clowns. They don't know how this market works. Typically get rich quick noobs.

Yes of course but those people are not asking "1k dollars * bitcoin" they hope to see bitcoin at 1k dollars. I think sooner or later the next halving will cause a raise of the bitcoin price (not value) most probable around 500 dollars.

Volume since the beginning of the year has been the highest in bitcoin history, yet the price has remained fairly stable, meaning a lot of accumulation is going on.  In fact volume is at a rate where each coin in existence gets turned over roughly once a month.  I wouldn't be surprised if some shenanigans such as naked short selling or some other fake selling is going on here near the end of the bear market, just as gox had some shenanigans going on at the top of the bull market. 

Volumes are most China fake market maker trades, 0 trade fee, 100 btc traded 1000 times = 100,000 volumes, just like this.

Exactly, the volume is not related with the bitcoin price anymore. everyone can do these thing... also the same exchangers  (who knows)? The can move their internal btc and generate a lot of fake volume.

For this purpose I have created this thread with this title "Do you really think bitcoin price will pump to 1000 dollars after...." (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062360.0).
HeliKopterBen

Activity: 622

View Profile
May 16, 2015, 02:50:57 PM

Volume since the beginning of the year has been the highest in bitcoin history, yet the price has remained fairly stable, meaning a lot of accumulation is going on.  In fact volume is at a rate where each coin in existence gets turned over roughly once a month.  I wouldn't be surprised if some shenanigans such as naked short selling or some other fake selling is going on here near the end of the bear market, just as gox had some shenanigans going on at the top of the bull market.  

We are in an accumulation phase.  Those holding fiat are the bagholders.

Counterfeit:  made in imitation of something else with intent to deceive:  merriam-webster
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: