Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:03:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin max  (Read 966 times)
merve10495 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:42:48 PM

Hey guys I have seen a fair few people selling Bitcoin max accounts that have apparently 60btc in them for 25 btc and all of that.
Was wondering what is bitcoin max and why are these people just giving money away?

Thanks.

gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:53:42 PM

It was a pass thru to an investment. That tier 1 investment has since default and has yet to pay out the bitcoins to the users. That is why they are so cheap.
lassdas
Legendary

Activity: 3659
Merit: 1448

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 10:56:06 PM

They are not giving any money away.

BitcoinMax was just one of those ponzi-systems were people deposited money to earn interest.
Now it's closed and people can't get their deposited money back, so they try to find someone stupid enough to buy their accounts.
If you are one of those stupid enough, you can buy an "account worth 60BTC" for only 25BTC,
but you'd probably just lose those 25BTC and never get the 60BTC.

Your choice.  Wink  
dextryn

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2012, 11:15:18 PM

They are not giving any money away.

BitcoinMax was just one of those ponzi-systems were people deposited money to earn interest.
Now it's closed and people can't get their deposited money back, so they try to find someone stupid enough to buy their accounts.
If you are one of those stupid enough, you can buy an "account worth 60BTC" for only 25BTC,
but you'd probably just lose those 25BTC and never get the 60BTC.

Your choice.  Wink  

Such harsh words calling people "stupid."  Many of those people have been involved in this community a lot longer than you have.  It was a gamble, however likely it might have been.  However merve10495, I would definitely stay away from this as it's looking more and more likely that none of that money will ever come back.
lassdas
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 12:45:51 AM

I'm not calling those that "invested" stupid, they probably knew about the risk anyway.
But what would you call someone who now buys any of those "closed BitcoinMax" accounts?
payb.tc

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:09:31 AM

But what would you call someone who now buys any of those "closed BitcoinMax" accounts?

i'd call them "people who already know about the risk anyway".
lassdas
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:20:57 AM

Well, ask you can see by the OP, not everyone knows about the risk, some people think it's "giving away free money"
QuantumKiwi

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 01:24:14 AM

Sometimes logical sense is required, no offense intended.

Starting your own website?
CLOUD Hosting from $4.95/0.05BTC!
merve10495 (OP)

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 01:25:40 AM

Well, ask you can see by the OP, not everyone knows about the risk, some people think it's "giving away free money"

I'd call them Newbies Smiley That is why I am posting this in the 'Newbie' section.
Thank you all for the quick and informative replies.
I wasn't going to purchase one but I had seen a lot of them and was not sure. Thank you guys very much for clearing this up.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: