Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:45:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Green Energy. DIY and other stuff.  (Read 1313 times)
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 07:32:05 PM

Hey everyone.

So..

I love the idea of green energy and my country (Denmark) is fighting a lot for it.. Yay!

But.. To the point..

I have a few questions Smiley

1. Do you have any sort of green energy source at home?
- If yes which one Smiley
- And pictures if you have any!!

2. Do you wish to switch from forsile fuel to green energy or is it too expensive?
- Dont answer if you answered yes in number 1 Tongue

AND.. Do you have any funny DIY projects with solar energy or something alike?
I want to make something.. Just not sure on what it should be yes.. Maybe a Bitcoin miner with the USB miners I have and a raspberry pi.
Sun comes up and it poweres on. And when its night time, it goes off.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 08:09:59 PM

I don't have green energy at my home but my mom's friend was working on a project to generate electricity from sunlight. It's quite expensive though and many have not showed trust in green energy.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 08:11:00 PM

I rarely see any solar panels or similar energy sources where I live (unimportant).
I would definitely love to do stuff with solar energy in the future when it becomes cheaper and efficient in the future. There is just so much potential in that, but the current efficiency and price are just not there.

According to this: http://cleantechnica.com/2014/02/02/which-solar-panels-most-efficient/
it is 21,5% for commercial applications which is quite low. The most efficient ones are 46% efficient solar cells by Soitec & Fraunhofer Institute; although they are quite expensive thus they are irrelevant to the public.
Imagine if we get 50% efficient residential panels? Solar plants would quickly boom.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 08:13:28 PM

I rarely see any solar panels or similar energy sources where I live (unimportant).
I would definitely love to do stuff with solar energy in the future when it becomes cheaper and efficient in the future. There is just so much potential in that, but the current efficiency and price are just not there.

According to this: http://cleantechnica.com/2014/02/02/which-solar-panels-most-efficient/
it is 21,5% for commercial applications which is quite low. The most efficient ones are 46% efficient solar cells by Soitec & Fraunhofer Institute; although they are quite expensive thus they are irrelevant to the public.
Imagine if we get 50% efficient residential panels? Solar plants would quickly boom.

Yea.. Would be awesome if they became cheaper.
When I move away from my parents (Im 18)
Then im gonna invest in either 100W or 200W panels and see if I can store the energy or just throw it directly into use Tongue

toddtervy

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2015, 10:32:41 PM

I would get solar panel if they were a good deal.

Get off my c@ck !
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:26:14 AM

Most people are living paycheck to paycheck and thus don't have the luxury of experimenting w/ alternative forms of energy. Usually, you buy a house and just go w/ what is offered. Those who're interested in getting off the grid tend to look into solar panels and stuff.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 04:43:10 AM

Most people are living paycheck to paycheck and thus don't have the luxury of experimenting w/ alternative forms of energy. Usually, you buy a house and just go w/ what is offered. Those who're interested in getting off the grid tend to look into solar panels and stuff.
This is because people chose wrong study paths and do something ordinary in their life. That's their fault. My parents didn't chose something that unique but they did find great jobs (for where we are).
People make irrational decisions when they chose a major.
I'm pretty sure no doctor or person working in IT has problems affording these things.
http://www.amazon.de/Brennenstuhl-Solar-Energie-Set-P4033-1171950/dp/B00569KBSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431924128&sr=8-4&keywords=solar+panels

Here's an example; with the discount it is $330 which isn't expensive.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:26:35 AM

This is because people chose wrong study paths and do something ordinary in their life. That's their fault. My parents didn't chose something that unique but they did find great jobs (for where we are).
I'm pretty sure no doctor or person working in IT has problems affording these things.
http://www.amazon.de/Brennenstuhl-Solar-Energie-Set-P4033-1171950/dp/B00569KBSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431924128&sr=8-4&keywords=solar+panels

It depends heavily on the country you are living in. Many people cant go to collage because they need to go to work, not everybody can count on there parents for whatever reason. Also some people choose wrong because education system is ill and cannot help young people in that matter. And of course there are many that actually chose wrong or didn't pay attention to their future.
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:38:15 AM

It depends heavily on the country you are living in. Many people cant go to collage because they need to go to work, not everybody can count on there parents for whatever reason. Also some people choose wrong because education system is ill and cannot help young people in that matter. And of course there are many that actually chose wrong or didn't pay attention to their future.

Well, most countries are not having problems..
What you are describing sounds more like 3rd world countries and those can ofc not change because of the massive corruption from politicians and police/army forces.

cryptocoiner

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 11:31:18 AM

Hey everyone.

So..

I love the idea of green energy and my country (Denmark) is fighting a lot for it.. Yay!

But.. To the point..

2. Do you wish to switch from forsile fuel to green energy or is it too expensive?

I want to make something.. Just not sure on what it should be yes.. Maybe a Bitcoin miner with the USB miners I have and a raspberry pi.

NO

YES

Green energy eventually will cost your more than energy from a fossil fuel. and it has more impact on enviroment couz production and srvicing of a solar panels cost way more than establishing a "normal" source of an energy.

Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:44:11 AM

Hey everyone.

So..

But.. To the point..

NO

YES

Green energy eventually will cost your more than energy from a fossil fuel. and it has more impact on enviroment couz production and srvicing of a solar panels cost way more than establishing a "normal" source of an energy.

Still wont it be better to get the solar panels and then produce 2 years of  gas on creating them to then get energy for 10 years that does not do any harm?
Then you do a little damage yes, but in the long run it looks like its better.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:15:21 PM

Then im gonna invest in either 100W or 200W panels and see if I can store the energy or just throw it directly into use Tongue

I don't want to be a party popper, but I'm afraid in Denmark you can barely get 15-20% of the nominal output in most of the year. Maybe a wind turbine would be a better choice.
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 01:25:25 PM

I don't want to be a party popper, but I'm afraid in Denmark you can barely get 15-20% of the nominal output in most of the year. Maybe a wind turbine would be a better choice.

hehe..

Well, you are right about that.
But arent they more expensive and harder to get into a system?

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 02:40:37 PM

hehe..

Well, you are right about that.
But arent they more expensive and harder to get into a system?

As I've seen a few months ago wind turbines were slightly cheaper, but the installation and maintenance costs are higher.
You can connect turbines and solar panels to the system with pretty much the the same stuff (controller/rectifier, battery, inverter). In hybrid systems usually the same controller dealing with the wind turbine and solar panels as well.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 03:11:22 PM

In my opinion, the real green energy is the nuclear energy. It involves no deforestation (unlike hydro-power), no CO2 emissions (unlike thermal energy) and it is extremely cheap compared to solar, tidal, geothermal, and wind energy. Still it is ironic that the people who oppose nuclear energy the most are the self-declared "Greens".
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:22:09 PM

In my opinion, the real green energy is the nuclear energy. It involves no deforestation (unlike hydro-power), no CO2 emissions (unlike thermal energy) and it is extremely cheap compared to solar, tidal, geothermal, and wind energy. Still it is ironic that the people who oppose nuclear energy the most are the self-declared "Greens".

Well, the only problem is the waste..

The best thing would be throw it onto a rocket and fly it into the sun.

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 04:25:37 PM

No, that might sound simpler than it is. Someone with more knowledge should explain this better, the risks outweigh the gain.
And NASA currently has two probes orbiting the sun, so the technology exists to get the job done. Alas, the benefits fall far short of the risk involved.
There isn't a space agency or private firm on the planet with a spotless launch record. And we're not talking about cheapo rockets—last year, the craft carrying NASA's $280-million Orbiting Carbon Observatory fizzled out and crashed into the ocean near Antarctica. It's a bummer when a satellite ends up underwater, but it's an entirely different story if that rocket is packing a few hundred pounds of uranium. And if the uranium caught fire, it could stay airborne and circulate for months, dusting the globe with radioactive ash. Still seem like a good idea?
Imagine radioactive showers for months. That should conclude this idea.

Well nuclear energy would be perfect if we had better materials that were resistant. Our current suits don't provide enough protection at all. People need to figure out how to prevent such disasters.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:39:07 PM

It is not economical to transport all the nuclear waste to outer space. IMO, the best idea would be to contain all the waste in giant lead containers, and then dump them to some uninhabited and remote region. They can be dumped in the uninhabited regions of the Sahara, can be dumped in the Mariana Trench, or they can be even dumped in underground mines, which are more than 10,000 m deep.
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 04:58:49 PM

It is not economical to transport all the nuclear waste to outer space. IMO, the best idea would be to contain all the waste in giant lead containers, and then dump them to some uninhabited and remote region. They can be dumped in the uninhabited regions of the Sahara, can be dumped in the Mariana Trench, or they can be even dumped in underground mines, which are more than 10,000 m deep.

Never in the ocean if a leak should happen..

But yes.. Abandoned mines could be good.
But still its not a solution that can last that  long again :/

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 05:02:09 PM

Never in the ocean if a leak should happen..

But yes.. Abandoned mines could be good.
But still its not a solution that can last that  long again :/

IMO the best solution for nuclear power is thorium and breeder reactors. Problem is the the tech for these reactors gets too close to weaponization I think... which is why we haven't seen them. Or entrenched interests.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: