Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:26:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who BTCGUY ? scammer  (Read 3510 times)
retropcdos (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:28:02 PM

Hello

Never been on this site before, but just had three people showup to my door that claim that they were from this site and claim he took him for 4k for a fail transaction, that came from MD, wonderiing if I was BTCGUY and this pr#ck is using my name and address on this forum I need any info from anyone, that had a transaction with this guy, to track him down. Looking for someone that had a successful transaction with this guy as with a tracking number so I can see what postoffice the package actually came from, or city, as he using my address in his profile, but is not where it was shipped from as I am the real Maurice Rivera and have no knowledge about this site except for what the member that showup to my door explained.  

I repeat I am not BTCGUY, or any other alias he may have when under. But am the real Maurice Rivera and this a##hoe using my name and address, I reporting this guy to the police, but they need more info, So anyone with tracking info if you ever receive a package from him would be a good start, or any email address or phone number he may have used, or other name he may have when under.

My email address is retropcdos@gmail.com PM me and I give you phone # if you PM me

I am in no way connected to this guy and is now consider identify fraud as I am filing a report.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 05:36:17 PM

Hello

Never been on this site before, but just had three people showup to my door that claim that they were from this site and claim he took him for 4k for a fail transaction, that came from MD, wonderiing if I was BTCGUY and this pr#ck is using my name and address on this forum I need any info from anyone, that had a transaction with this guy, to track him down. Looking for someone that had a successful transaction with this guy as with a tracking number so I can see what postoffice the package actually came from, or city, as he using my address in his profile, but is not where it was shipped from as I am the real Maurice Rivera and have no knowledge about this site except for what the member that showup to my door explained.  

I repeat I am not BTCGUY, or any other alias he may have when under. But am the real Maurice Rivera and this a##hoe using my name and address, I reporting this guy to the police, but they need more info, So anyone with tracking info if you ever receive a package from him would be a good start, or any email address or phone number he may have used, or other name he may have when under.

My email address is retropcdos@gmail.com PM me and I give you phone # if you PM me

I am in no way connected to this guy and is now consider identify fraud as I am filing a report.

The guy in this thread had something shipped to him from btcguy.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102351.0

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
retropcdos (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 05:56:40 PM

If you guys can email me at retropcdos, or figure out way to PM, don't know how to PM people. Also can talk over the phone.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2012, 05:58:24 PM

Just click on his name, then click send this member a message at the bottom of the screen.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TGJJ

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:23:20 PM

I have been conned by this guy. You can read about it here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106199.msg1167851#msg1167851 .

I have been trying to find out all I can about him and I will message you when my 10 message limit has expired.

On a side note, is there any way this website can give me his IP address or anything he may have registered when he signed up?
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:38:34 PM

Apperently scammed too, he gave me phone number, maybe his, can anyone check? 773 510 2752
retropcdos (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 06:48:24 PM

He had to have a bankaccount he may have transfer funds to, or if he bought items, even if he open a false account, he had them shipped to his real address to receive any items he may have bought with the funds.
monstrs

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:09:16 PM

He had to have a bankaccount he may have transfer funds to, or if he bought items, even if he open a false account, he had them shipped to his real address to receive any items he may have bought with the funds.

He using multiple bitcoin wallets, if anybody had received from him some stuff, there could be his adress. Also would be interesting to know his ip, admin?
MXRider

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:18:40 PM

They won't publish any IPs.. I once asked them for myself when some prick scammed me for 1k$.  (got the money back though because I found him and his wife Cheesy )
retropcdos (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 07:58:37 PM

Anyway he convert bitcoin wallets to hard currency to transfer to bank account, or Paypal address ? If the only way to use the funds is to spent it, he has to be using a real address, or someone he knows, or work address, other then mines to get items, or a po-box. Otherwise their no point in doing the scam if he can't benefit from it somehow. More likely he going to try to turn the funds into cash somehow, so it's harder to trace him.

As far as tracing IP it's very hard, as he could have used someone else wireless, you can try getting it from ISP, but if he went thur the trouble of using my info, then almost certain everything going to be fake. Other way to trace maybe trace him is to look at the tracking if anyone received a package from him, even if he used a fake address, he has to drop it off or pickup at a postoffice, so will give you maybe a area close by, where he may live or work by.

What is bitcoin wallets in detail?
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 07, 2012, 08:15:39 PM

Anyway he convert bitcoin wallets to hard currency to transfer to bank account, or Paypal address ? If the only way to use the funds is to spent it, he has to be using a real address, or someone he knows, or work address, other then mines to get items, or a po-box. Otherwise their no point in doing the scam if he can't benefit from it somehow. More likely he going to try to turn the funds into cash somehow, so it's harder to trace him.

As far as tracing IP it's very hard, as he could have used someone else wireless, you can try getting it from ISP, but if he went thur the trouble of using my info, then almost certain everything going to be fake. Other way to trace maybe trace him is to look at the tracking if anyone received a package from him, even if he used a fake address, he has to drop it off or pickup at a postoffice, so will give you maybe a area close by, where he may live or work by.

What is bitcoin wallets in detail?

Hey retro, I'm too new here to know firsthand about BTC Guy, but here are some other threads people have posted about him.  There might be some info in here that would help you.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106095.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65838.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=102351.0

edit:

this link will take you to view all of his posts:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=41314;sa=showPosts

monstrs

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 05:03:15 AM

asked here for help: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=106490.0
retropcdos (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 10:33:10 AM

Unfortunately I dealt with this prick before, Found out the name thur another member as he talked to him on the phone directly before, can't release his name in public for legal reasons. He scammed me out for $2800 dollars thur Paypal 2-3 years ago. I use to buy 42"-55" plasma and LCD tv's, laptop's, computerparts and ETC from him for a while with no issues and he was local. Then one day bought a couple toughbooks from him and they turn out to be stolen and cops came and took them as they had GPS built in and of of my customers I sold it to got the message and detective came and gave him my name then I talk to the detective and gave him the info I knew, I also gave my customer a different laptop and some cash back. But had no probelm as he admitted to selling them to me, as he got them from a bad source and he resolve that issue and gave me some tv's for them in exchange and that mess was resolve. Then a month later I place a order for a few GPU's as he didn't have them yet, but he was getting them in about a week, so we agree to a price of $2800 for the GPU's which is a highend gaming videocard for a desktop computer, he needed the money up front, so he could get the lot, so Paypal him the $2800, but dealt with this guy about a year and never had a issue with him, so I had no problem as done a few transactions for more then this with him, but I always pickup the stuff. A week goes back and haven't heard back, so I called him and nothing no return call straight to voicemail, so email him nothing. Then when to his house and found out he moved out 4 days earlier. The only people that have info on this guy is detective rogers from niles police department, but they won't release his info to me. Did get $1200 back from Paypal as he didn't spent all the money before they lock his account up, but still out $1600 and he also screw over another guy that I know, as he a friend on NVNEWS forum on a motherboard and two GPU's, he use a different account at that time, but figure out it was him, as the listing was the same.

retropcdos (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 11:38:08 AM
Last edit: September 08, 2012, 12:38:21 PM by retropcdos

Actually shocking what I just read, just notice that he even when as far as showing people how to steal others info on this thread. Is this even legal? Before he wasn't this arrogant, so it wasn't as obvious that he was a scammer he was just selling shit cheap. But reading his posts on this site and the fact he show others how to scam and curses and insults alot of you guys and you guys just blow it off as a joke, says alot. I would have never trusted this asshoe if he posting the crap he did and some of you guys already called him out, as he was using multiple fake addresses, that sure have clue you in, if he selling people info for 1k as CPN's with fake name, which is actually real people with different SSN's and using a different addess, no matter how he trys to down play it. Theirs one another guy that does the same crap and goes by the name EBAYISAJOKE. It's fraud and identity theft!! and don't feel sorry for any of you that use his services to commit fraud, because theirs no other good reason to get a CPN other then someone stole your ID and this is one of the reason for the housing fraud and insurance scams, as people bought house hoping to make a quick profit they couldn't afford, using these fake CPN to obtain EIN, ITIN, SSN, TIN  numbers with fake piggy back credit accounts lines. If you have bad credit it's your own fault, or your spouses.  

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65838.0
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 08, 2012, 07:52:40 PM

damn spouses

monstrs

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 06:02:13 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2012, 06:43:37 AM by monstrs

I can offer a good reward in coins, if somebody can pay him a visit and get back my coins too, pm for details.

If i were atleast in america, i would do it myself, and would try to get all involved back their coins aswell.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 07:08:35 AM

Retro- sounds you have his contact info... have the cops show up at his door and haul him off in leg irons. He is a filthy scamming piece of trash, and deserves to become somebody's bitch in prison. You can make that happen.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2012, 07:16:16 AM

Sounds like the detective who knows his identity will be getting lots of phone calls.

monstrs

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 12:35:39 PM

Retro- sounds you have his contact info... have the cops show up at his door and haul him off in leg irons. He is a filthy scamming piece of trash, and deserves to become somebody's bitch in prison. You can make that happen.

Dont think that the right way would be putting him in prison or involve cops, before he returns everybody their BTC's. Anyone now the best way to get from him stolen money/btc?
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
September 09, 2012, 04:18:46 PM

Having him arrested, charged, tried and found guilty along with an order of restitution would be a good way of doing it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: