Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 214752 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 05:48:41 PM

idcray has been stealing 10% of miner shares for 4 months. They got busted by reputable people such as ocminer and are upset now.

When they got busted the 2nd time they moved to this hidden pool:

When they got busted the 3rd time the pool disappeared from the internet.

Undecided

Thank you for your support.

Can you prove, that idcray was stealing me?

No, it can't be proven.  I could be wrong, but I believe saymissme when he says his pool was not stealing shares.  I think the problem was just miscommunication between ocminer and jimlite and then jimlite and john-connor.  Also, saymissme doesn't speak english extremely well, which was also part of the problem.

I think the jpeg he posted is probably accurate.

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 05:56:28 PM

idcray has been stealing 10% of miner shares for 4 months. They got busted by reputable people such as ocminer and are upset now.

Undecided

No, it can't be proven.  I could be wrong, but I believe saymissme when he says his pool was not stealing shares.  I think the problem was just miscommunication between ocminer and jimlite and then jimlite and john-connor.  Also, saymissme doesn't speak english extremely well, which was also part of the problem.

You don't seem to understand.

saymissme already stated there were some miners who mined on the pool with a lot of hashrate but never found a block.

Those miners got full reward for their shares but never produced income - so they stole from the other miners who were legit and produced rewards.

Simple example: You mine with a normal client at 100 MH/s and someone else with a "modified" client who is faking the hashrate of 100 MH/s .. You are finding the blocks, the other person never finds a block. You get paid for 100 MH/s and the other one gets paid for 100 MH/s even though he never produces income, so he gets 50% "for free" while you are doing his job too.

Whats so hard to believe/understand here ? There is even a .jpg from saymissme up there with blocks/hashrate etc. listed ...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
pseudonymdude
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:00:49 PM

Undecided

You don't seem to understand.

saymissme already stated there were some miners who mined on the pool with a lot of hashrate but never found a block.

Those miners got full reward for their shares but never produced income - so they stole from the other miners who were legit and produced rewards.

Simple example: You mine with a normal client at 100 MH/s and someone else with a "modified" client who is faking the hashrate of 100 MH/s .. You are finding the blocks, the other person never finds a block. You get paid for 100 MH/s and the other one gets paid for 100 MH/s even though he never produces income, so he gets 50% "for free" while you are doing his job too.

Whats so hard to believe/understand here ? There is even a .jpg from saymissme up there with blocks/hashrate etc. listed ...

No, I understand.  I'm not saying that you said anything incorrect, just that jimlite misunderstood, and then jimlite conveyed that to john.  Miscommunication doesn't mean you were wrong.  Interpretations can be incorrect.

Right.  I said I think the jpeg is accurate.

edit: Actually, I'll change my reasoning.  The problem was just that saymissme doesn't speak english very well.

poolmn

Activity: 314
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2015, 06:26:47 PM

Please spread some hash on our pool, only 0.99% fee

https://pool.mn - 0.99% fee
bitcoin carpenter
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 06:50:20 PM

What is the best hardware to mine vnl?

If your not actively using the technology behind your crypto investment,

IT IS A SCAM!!!!
groggin
Legendary

Activity: 1894
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:39:20 PM

What is the best hardware to mine vnl?

the FPGA is still in  testing; GPUs can still produce a few ...

loose the sword that is your pen or tongue [or bittorrent enabled computer] and help fight the so-called new world order   it is the enemy of humanity[/b][/url]  |  Sign-up @ Aurovine to get FREE HD music ... and coins!| |
statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:40:55 PM

Please spread some hash on our pool, only 0.99% fee

you may want your pool posted in OP.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
majoh

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2015, 07:46:20 PM

Undecided

Yes, it's simple. Just compare youraccount/earnings against statistics/blockfinder.
And if you found more than 2x vnl/blocks than your earnings are... You can be sure, you've been robbed!

I say 2x, only because I'm mining on suprnova and I've found 15 blocks - 1185 Vnl, but my earnings are only 723.12335223 Vnl since restart of pow.
This is because minimal diff is 1, so I didn't find any shares in fast blocks with my 350MHs/s. Or somebody is stealing hash on suprnova too!?
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 06:35:32 AM

Undecided

I just read this part of the thread and here is my honest thoughts on the matter:
I have no way of knowing whether shares were stolen by "Russian Hackers", saymissme, or by members of idcray pool, but someone
was exploiting idcray.  When I asked saymissme about this and where the 800GH went, he said "I banned those bitches,
they stole 10,000 coins" I asked if he was going to compensate the miners for their missing shares/coins. At first he said yes,
and then 2 minutes later he said, "No, get it from the scammers, F You." Now I don't think a lot was scammed, maybe 5 or 10%,
but over a few months that can add up. Then we found out he set up a second hidden vnl pool for about 7 of his big hashers. So either
he wanted to protect the big hashers from the "Russian hackers", or he knew about it or was in on it and made the 2nd pool for
his friends (who may or may not have been exploiting original pool). And if he said they stole 10,000 coins, it was probably more,
but regardless of what parts of the above went on, any ethical pool operator would have used their 1% fees to pay back as much
as they could in good faith. They also would NOT set up a second hidden VNL pool to protect only their friends regardless of if
these friends were innocent or the attackers.  Also in the very beginning John caught idcray getting around a submission rule that
he had to call them out on and demand they submit properly or he would ban the pool. So this is the second offense and while I
agree that the language barrier is a problem to knowing the full truth, there were shannanigans or something shady going on and
saymissme was getting caught in his own lies, being rude about it, and not wanting to help out all the normal miners other than
his few big farm friends. Hope that sums it up. I don't know enough about him, but I do know that I supported both pools from the
start and had one rig at each (I can't compare the hash or coins because I also rented) and I feel that what he said, what he did about the
situation, and what he failed to do about the situation all leaves me in doubt of his character and not wanting to mine there anymore.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money