Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:33:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  
Author Topic: PnF TA  (Read 190606 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
klee (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:16:19 PM

I believe in the Zen 'cowboy' samurai...
Mario241077
Legendary

Activity: 1302

ORB has a good chance to grow.

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:24:19 PM

from china? samurai? The big thing will come from China, with the devaluation of the CNY

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 08:53:05 PM

from china? samurai? The big thing will come from China, with the devaluation of the CNY
Samurais were from Japan  Wink

Bushido

The cowboy will use Japanese Zen Taoistic Aikido to kick the shit out of Chinese charlatans!
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:03:30 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2016, 09:23:50 PM by Mario241077

Samurais were from Japan  Wink

Bushido

The cowboy will use Japanese Zen Taoistic Aikido to kick the shit out of Chinese charlatans!

i know but bushido is from germany Tongue haha

but  Chinese are more rich... check google Tongue

this my chart, confirm

Daily chart, based on hourly chart

Are you a part of the ORB Community or want to be it, then gives your vote! here!! One of the first 30 currencys in the World is Orbitcoin DEV Forum - don't forget free ORB's are here ORB Faucet, tell your friend's - With PoW (without Asic's)/PoS Hybrid-System everyone can mine ORB with general purpose pc-hardware. The PoS (Proof of Stake) generation features very low energy consumption. Green Stake over PoS
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:33:03 PM

that's the same lines, only displayed in weekly chart
The problem of Bitcoin / Altcoin community's confidence in itself.
The mass media have their full effect, even here!
People have more afraid than confidence, but a decentralized Block Chain is true for everyone, even banks

Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 09:37:14 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2016, 06:29:59 AM by Mario241077

not from me

in this chart, is the upward correction long overdue

edit:

klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:21:23 AM

this my chart, confirm

Daily chart, based on hourly chart

Not sure what to confirm but 4700cny/700$ are important resistances!
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:26:06 AM

Not sure what to confirm but 4700cny/700$ are important resistances!

ok then check here http://www.finanzen.at/devisen/realtimekurs/us_dollar-renminbi_yuan-kurs
down,
Devaluation of the yuan every day;)

and

Chinese Investors are Flocking to Bitcoin Due to Fear of Inflation
China is turning its attention to Bitcoin and generating massive amounts of Bitcoin as concerns grow over the vulnerability of the global financial sector says Chairman of China Smartpay Group.
A recently published article of Joe Zhang’s in the South China Morning Post highlights the fact that while the Chinese government is cautious about Bitcoin there are in fact plenty of active exchanges in the country with a large number of Chinese individuals taking part.
Zhang, however, states that there are two points, which are interesting to look at. Namely that China is an overbanked country providing banking access to the rich and poor where it only takes ten minutes to open a bank account, and Chinese banks and post offices provide good services for money transfers.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/chinese-bitcoin-investors-inflation/

Smiley

freshman777

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2016, 06:53:21 AM

not from me

in this chart, is the upward correction long overdue

edit:

Could it possibly be that 'logarithmic' doesn't apply any more? Wink

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
Mario241077
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 07:12:58 AM

Could it possibly be that 'logarithmic' doesn't apply any more? Wink

sure Wink

klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 05:17:31 PM

NXT or XMR??

Green for NXT, orange for XMR
This chart proves that even after a severe NXT bear market, it is still 1% stronger than XMR (kiss this icebreaker)
So if it quadruple top breaks at 2% stronger, no point in holding XMR, even long term!

Relative Strength.

Chances that this chart will get more bearish for NXT are very small.
Long story short, no reason to hold long term XMR, especially now => better switch to NXT.

This is strictly from TA PoV.

Don't start the fundamentals shit in here...
Kramerc

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:18:08 PM

I see this for NXT http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nxt/ and this for XMR http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/.

Unselect price in BTC, keep marketcap!?!?!? Profit.
klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 08:56:27 PM

I see this for NXT http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/nxt/ and this for XMR http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/.

Unselect price in BTC, keep marketcap!?!?!? Profit.
Not sure what you are talking about.

In any case, RS concept is pretty straight forward.

http://oxlive.dorseywright.com/university/lesson03/index3_2.html
Kramerc

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:27:26 PM

I'm arguing that there are also different metrics that are useful to gauge which alt currency one should be in, if any.

My point is that NXT market cap was 3.7 times smaller at the recent peak compared to the ATH (in both price and market cap), while XMR's cap was 4 times higher at the recent peak, compared to when the price made the ATH. What this means both for the past and for the future, I will let you and the other readers figure out for yourselves.

Just make sure that you're in before that O column scratches your nice wooden floors.
klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:32:35 PM

I'm arguing that there are also different metrics that are useful to gauge which alt currency one should be in, if any.

My point is that NXT market cap was 3.7 times smaller at the recent peak compared to the ATH (in both price and market cap), while XMR's cap was 4 times higher at the recent peak, compared to when the price made the ATH. What this means both for the past and for the future, I will let you and the others readers figure out for yourselves.

Just make sure that you're in before that O column scratches your nice wooden floors.

NXT bottomed recently.
XMR 1 year ago.

XMR will struggle to break 350k
NXT will go at least 5000k

The RS chart says NXT bottomed too.

Why should XMR go nuts? Because GUI?

NXT has an ICO going on and various big agreements will begin to come in light.

Recent peak in NXT is not just to get compared with XMRs peak (it was a spread double top too, so it is relatively safe to say that we know the XMR top, as we know that the NXT top is between 10k-15k). Try with NXT at 16k satoshi....

So let me put it right:

15k * 1bn = 15 trillion satoshi market cap for NXT
400k * 12m = 4.8 trillion satoshi (and I should have put less than 12m)

Go figure...
macsga
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002

Strange, yet attractive.

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 09:32:53 PM

My point is that NXT market cap was 3.7 times smaller at the recent peak compared to the ATH (in both price and market cap), while XMR's cap was 4 times higher at the recent peak, compared to when the price made the ATH. What this means both for the past and for the future, I will let you and the others readers figure out for yourselves.

To my understanding Relative Strength has nothing to do with coin capitalization but rather the current strength of one coin relatively to another. Arguing on such a crystal clear thesis should be done in terms of another TA method, not different metrics. Equally, it would be like comparing 2 vehicles and their relative velocity; you don't want to be to the bigger one (grander coincap) but to the faster one (stronger rise), that's how RS is being used to make money.

Chaos could be a form of intelligence we cannot yet understand its complexity.
Kramerc

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 05:45:40 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2016, 05:57:28 AM by Kramerc

NXT bottomed recently.
XMR 1 year ago.

Recent peak in NXT is not just to get compared with XMRs peak (it was a spread double top too, so it is relatively safe to say that we know the XMR top, as we know that the NXT top is between 10k-15k). Try with NXT at 16k satoshi....

So let me put it right:

Go figure...

Why are you bringing fundamentals into this? Weren't we talking purely TA?

RS chart shows triple bottom break with chances of catapult. I'd rather wait it out than buying NXT with my XMR.

Everything else you've written is purely speculation that has no basis in TA. Sure, support and resistance levels are there, and doing their job, just until they're not, so I'd rather not make clean cut statements about tops and bottoms, because you never know.

Good luck trading, as long as we're making more bitcorns, 'tsall good.

edit: @macsga: I did bring another TA method into play, one which helps determine supply and demand probably much better than price does. XMR market sucked in millions of coins from the huge emission from the last years which speaks demand (grass-roots, manipulated, I don't know/care/can't gauge, but someone was there to buy those coins), NXT shows a 4 times smaller market cap in the same period which shouts "nobody wants this coin (for now)".

Pretty simple if you think about it: demand => higher prices, lack of demand => uncertainty.

edit2: how about a RS chart based on marketcap and not price? Would that be possible?
klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 06:56:19 AM

NXT bottomed recently.
XMR 1 year ago.

So let me put it right:

Go figure...

Why are you bringing fundamentals into this? Weren't we talking purely TA?

RS chart shows triple bottom break with chances of catapult. I'd rather wait it out than buying NXT with my XMR.

Everything else you've written is purely speculation that has no basis in TA. Sure, support and resistance levels are there, and doing their job, just until they're not, so I'd rather not make clean cut statements about tops and bottoms, because you never know.

Good luck trading, as long as we're making more bitcorns, 'tsall good.

edit: @macsga: I did bring another TA method into play, one which helps determine supply and demand probably much better than price does. XMR market sucked in millions of coins from the huge emission from the last years which speaks demand (grass-roots, manipulated, I don't know/care/can't gauge, but someone was there to buy those coins), NXT shows a 4 times smaller market cap in the same period which shouts "nobody wants this coin (for now)".

Pretty simple if you think about it: demand => higher prices, lack of demand => uncertainty.

edit2: how about a RS chart based on marketcap and not price? Would that be possible?

I am bringing fundamentals because XMR 'sucked' all it had to suck while NXT 'leaked' all it had to leak.
So market caps will reverse now (as weekly RS did, see below).

The shorter term RS posted above shows that even when NXT bottomed was still stronger than XMR.

Imagine now, that there is no NXT but Ardor, a new coin!! (Fundamentals again).

You really thing XMR can compete (even in market cap RS) with a new coin FOMOing? Some fundamentals (new coin) ARE Technicals.

One has to look at the individual P&F charts (NXTBTC, XMRBTC) too.

NXT worst day was 900 satoshi, I am sorry for you but it WON'T go lower, not under these circumstances (fundamentals and TA).
While XMR will struggle to break 300-350 area.

So I don't see the catapult you are dreaming but a quadruple top break.

Also, even after yesterday's NXT dump and XMR pump, RS is still the same.

Furthermore, a better RS to watch is the weekly:

You play the column here (more long term chart). Now you should be in NXT, get over it.

If I had the data I could do a market cap RS but not easy as you understand. In the future I will do stuff like this, now I have some other projects to finish..

All P&F charts at top look uber bullish, on bottom uber bearish (Dorsey Wright). Time for a reversal (weekly RS says so too).

So we have 2 assets, 1 was in severe bear market but still stronger than the other, it is reversing and we will be on the loser?
Play the winners.

PS: You did not answer me on your trick to compare the 2 coins market caps in different tops (and not both on their ATH).

klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:02:06 AM

IMO market cap is a metric that is not important in printing BTC for you but maybe has some merit for the coin's fundamentals (people are interested etc).

If you have 2 BTC printing coins, you choose the stronger.
klee (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2016, 07:03:34 AM

To put it another way Kramer so you understand me:

See that double top in weekly RS? It was time to switch to XMR (especially after the reversal).
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 »
  Print  

Jump to: