Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:18:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition for Monero to have its own board, so we don't bother the altcoins.  (Read 8250 times)
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 07:06:31 AM

Please welcome the XCcoin/Darkcoin/Dash trolls are here
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:14:35 AM

Can the three Monaro supporters have their own board. Lol wanker
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:14:56 AM

Please welcome the XCcoin/Darkcoin/Dash trolls are here

I think you are trolling yourselves with threads like this.  Cheesy  Cheesy

this is priceless too:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1062247.0;all

The alt section is getting very funny to read lately

Cheesy Cheesy
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:19:55 AM

Why not create MoneroTalk and all of you guys go there..?

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:34:05 AM

The network hash rate was at 13Mh/s when I first learned about Monero a week ago.  

Not your keys, not your coins!
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 08:44:15 AM

The network hash rate was at 13Mh/s when I first learned about Monero a week ago.  

P.S. I'm not against Monero or anything, but sometimes I am laughing with tears on their "arguments".

Hamuki
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:56:02 AM

What about using the official forums instead of spamming BTCtalk then?
There is no reason for this.

What about Dash? Doge? Litecoin? Ripple? or any other big coin that is around?

This is a useless thread to be honest.

GTO911

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:09:05 AM

What about using the official forums instead of spamming BTCtalk then?
There is no reason for this.

What about Dash? Doge? Litecoin? Ripple? or any other big coin that is around?

This is a useless thread to be honest.

Did you even read what he said?

He said Monero is not an alt, its a complement to Bitcoin. Its the only coin not based on Bitcoin code offering a different and valuable utility which Bitcoin fails to do. A transparent blockchain complementing an opaque blockchain. All this with brutally honest POW distribution. Thats why it should have its own section.

Dash? Doge? Litecoin? Ripple?

Premined Scam with centralized masternodes - A copycoin based on a meme - A copycoin with a different algo - A centralized company

Are you kidding me? These shitcoins cannot be compared to the technological supremacy and honesty of Monero team

Here is a post from the admin of this forum of what he thinks of alts and Monero

Alts and Monero

The altcoin sections are very popular, so I'd like to support them. I don't think that they do anything to hurt the other sections. If you're annoyed at how they clutter the "show unread posts since last visit" page, then you can add those boards to your ignore boards list. (I'm thinking of changing this page so that you can click a button next to each thread to ignore the board it's in.)

I'm not usually interested in altcoins myself, but I can see how people can enjoy them. Most altcoin "investing" is a lot like gambling. I can see how trying to navigate and manipulate these tiny markets could be fun for a lot of people. These pump-and-dump altcoins aren't really competitors to Bitcoin: they're really a way of using your bitcoins to gamble. There are also a handful of technologically interesting altcoins like Monero, which I think are very useful for testing new ideas that might one day be incorporated into Bitcoin.

dnaleor
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:00:35 AM

GTFO already.

Hahaha. What a failthread.

I was expecting something else from a guy named "pecunia non olet".
You know that some bitcoins do smell, don't you?
f.e. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zrdxz/withdrawals_halted_as_stolen_evolution_coins_make/
iluvbitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1150

Freedom&Honor

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:19:40 AM

Monero is a good coin, there's no arguement about that

However the forums name is bitcointalk, there's a forum called monerotalk

not even litecoin has its own board here, why would any other coin

Looking for a signature campaign.
GTO911

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:44:34 AM

Litecoin offers nothing of value, it is a shitcoin
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 11:21:13 AM

Litecoin offers nothing of value, it is a shitcoin

Are you sure about that?

adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 11:49:58 AM

Is Americanpegasus a real Monero fan or is he doing a parody of a Monero fan?
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:05:45 PM

I think he's like a "power of belief" pumper they just brought in to try to rescue the price.  Probably one of the Poloniex whales sold him xmr at discount and his job is to PUUUUMP!!!!  

Kind of thing you get on your average 2-bit off-the-shelf sh*tcoin with zero development on C-Cex / Poloniex troll-box when people start to realize the whole thing is a marketing hoax.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:50:34 PM

I think he's like a "power of belief" pumper they just brought in to try to rescue the price.  Probably one of the Poloniex whales sold him xmr at discount and his job is to PUUUUMP!!!!  

Kind of thing you get on your average 2-bit off-the-shelf sh*tcoin with zero development on C-Cex / Poloniex troll-box when people start to realize the whole thing is a marketing hoax.

yeah right, the first fully decentralized totally anonymous cryptonote-coin without a scammy (for the inevitable dash-fanboys: intended or not) premine is a marketing hoax...

2 options:
  • you're a liar
  • you're ignorant

Pick for yourself what suits you most...

Best regards
Kyle1836

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:22:12 PM

Monero will never live up to the expectations that Bitcoin had. Simple as that. It's just another useless Altcoin that the developers created to line THEIR pockets.

fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 01:31:05 PM

Monero will never live up to the expectations that Bitcoin had. Simple as that. It's just another useless Altcoin that the developers created to line THEIR pockets.

zomg I get to quote myself again, this is turning out to be my Kanye week!

Ok so here's the thing: we didn't launch Monero.

It was launched by thankful_for_today. When he started ignoring the community's overwhelming desire not to make Monero a merge-mined coin we (the Core Team, current stewards of the project) forked it and sort of came together. The core team did not know each other really, and the takeover wasn't planned. Some of us peripherally knew other members of the core team, so our binding factor was "right place, right time" plus each of us not being completely, utterly retarded. Of the 7 core team members 2 are not anonymous (myself and David) and the other 5 use pseudonyms (and practice their own opsec to a greater or lesser degree of their choosing).

My fellow core team members, people like tacotime and smooth, are very well known and have been around for years. Additionally, thankful_for_today tried to push for his repo to be used for a couple of months after the takeover, so there is enough evidence that we aren't him or them (or at least most of us aren't).

So then we had this cryptocurrency, not forked from Bitcoin, that we're suddenly responsible for, like ageing godparents who suddenly have to raise bratty godchildren after the neighbours die. We didn't go looking for it, much less actively want to be stewards, we just kinda assumed the role so that nobody utterly idiotic did. We've done things with Monero, like an eternal minimum block reward (for <1% inflation) to preserve mining incentives, that will never be added to Bitcoin even if Monero becomes hugely popular and shows a degree of longevity. There are other aspects, too, like the lack of a hard block size limit (there's a dynamic limit that increases with use), or the dual-key reusable addresses, that either won't be added to Bitcoin for political reasons or would fundamentally break Bitcoin in most environments.

All the core team members get on well with the Bitcoin core developers, and there is no animosity between us. Some of us hang out in -wizards, some of them hang out in #monero-dev. There is mutual respect, and an understanding that we are able to be nimble and implement broad, sweeping changes where they are no longer able to do so. If gmaxwell or jgarzik or petertodd or wumpus asked us tomorrow to help integrate ring signatures in Bitcoin we would be ecstatic, although through our discussions I know that they could do so without our assistance:)

We actively, and sometimes aggressively, discourage people from buying Monero. We divorced ourselves from the market price when we refused to change Monero's emission curve from the one we inherited, and we aren't going to tell people it's an "investment" when it quite clearly is not. I have encouraged those that want to make money to build something useful for the ecosystem rather than buy and "hodl" and hope to get rich.
We have created things to benefit and work with both Monero and Bitcoin, such as the OpenAlias standard available in Electrum, Coin.Space, and the Monero command-line wallet.

Whether Monero succeeds or fails is largely irrelevant, at least from our perspective. We want to make something useful and useable, and we want to do so in a way that demonstrates software engineering excellence and is as safe, secure, and decentralised as possible. If parts of what we create are reused for Bitcoin, or its successor in future, that will be the greatest compliment for us, and it will mean we have accomplished what we set out to do.

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:32:33 PM

I think at this point it's fair to say that everyone on Bitcoin Talk is aware that Monero is the successor to Bitcoin proper.  Calling it an altcoin is inaccurate and a clumsy, archaic protocol. 

(If you honestly don't realize what's about to happen with Monero, it's probably time to educate yourself)

Point is, the Monero community is passionate, legitimate, and honestly excited about the crypto currency that will soon revolutionize the world, and our fervor is starting to overshadow the altcoins we are forced to post around. 

I think that everyone here can agree that Monero is not an altcoin, and as such should not be forced to continue annoying the altcoin board. 

The time has come for Monero to get its own heading on Bitcointalk, along with appropriate sections and child boards. 

This way, the altcoins won't be annoyed at our presence (which will only increase in the coming months and years).  Just think, what if bitcoin discussion was forced to occur on precious metals websites?  That simply wouldn't work. 

Monero needs it's own board on Bitcointalk. 

I'm pretty sure we can all agree on that.   

I can replace "Monero" everywhere in your post with my choice of an alt-coin and I can have the argument as yours.

So we should have a separate heading for each and every alt-coin in existence.
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:43:06 PM

yeah right, the first fully decentralized totally anonymous cryptonote-coin without a scammy (for the inevitable dash-fanboys: intended or not) premine is a marketing hoax...

2 options:
  • you're a liar
  • you're ignorant

Pick for yourself what suits you most...

Best regards

Crosspost for newbie Trollero™ shill account holder:

This is becoming a real joke guys.

Monero's "profound" technology - Off-the-shelf CryptoNote copied in from Bytecoin including the crippled miner code which Monero launched and then said they didn't realize the miner was scammed.  After 1 year of "development" the official wallet is still a horrific mess that takes a week to sync and has inherent major issues with dust, blockchain bloat, large transactions failing, they didn't work out how to add a GUI either even though CryptoNote (the actually innovators) made them one for free..and exchanges won't implement based on how unstable the wallet is and that every transaction needs the user to enter a seperate payment ID causing a support melt-down - The basic system doesn't work.

Monero is decentralized / anonymous - With how shit the wallet is, new blood on the Monero forum get funneled quickly into MyMonero.com, a web wallet operated by the lead dev Fluffy Pony.  This gives Fluffy (and his ISP etc) access to all XMR transactions, users and their IPs who use the web wallet, which is the only viable 'official' wallet for most users. And it went down recently so no one could withdraw XMR and Fluffy's solution was 'Sorry it went down while I was in bed, for support, call me on the mobile, i will leave it on now'.  Kind of strange for the most anonymous / decentralized coin?  Except he has done this before when he tried to raise $200k from Vertcoin investors for Vertpay.com.  And he is working on his next installment PayBee.com coming soon.....These are the Monero lead dev's development priorities while the official wallet still is unstable and has no GUI after 1 year.. Huh  

Secondly, 95% of XMR volume is going through Poloniex, which now requires your name and address before you can withdraw coins (and obviously knows everyone's IP and balance / transactions).  So between MyMonero and Poloniex, in reality, Monero is almost totally centralized and delivering zero anonymity which is why no one is actually using it

Great dev team - Spend most of their time goading a small core of deluded Monero investors to believe that a clone-coin with zero development that after 1 year they can't work out how to finish, will replace bitcoin.  Stemming from there this cult goes out around BCT attacking anyone designated by Fluffy / Smooth as "a scam" which is each competitor.  Totally dishonest with their community in their "pump talk" about 10,000 XMR pizzas and how they will be the new elite lol, when in fact as a clone coin with the innovation done out-of-house, anyone else cloning Bytecoin that does a slightly better job (like make a usable wallet) and Monero's value based on "innovation" evaporates, and they are just left with a "good community" or rather "the most agressive / toxic community in alts right now" as I see it...the fact something this obvious is never mentioned and instead the devs themselves go around trying to kill or takeover the competition to eliminate this possibility instead of developing, is what makes Monero essentially an elaborate hoax / ponzi scheme operated through BCT, Poloniex and a constant supply of either pump talk or FUDing the competition.

How long before you realize no one wants your sh*tcoin, stop trolling BCT.  You should be being humble and going to make a basic wallet work, you have to earn value through work not through typing propaganda and bullshit all day.......................
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:55:24 PM

Crosspost for newbie Trollero™ shill account holder:

Now you're making a real fool of yourself, but what else you gonna do when you have absolutely no real arguments at all...

I've been here on this forum about a year and a half longer than you... thus I suppose I've been into crypto's about a year and a half longer than you...
I was here before monero even existed...

I do have a good track record when it comes to early recognizing 'things' with intrinsic value... seems that you were late  (about two years late) at the btc-party in the past, and you might be late again at some future party...

again, good luck,  you're obviously gonna need it...

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: