Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition for Monero to have its own board, so we don't bother the altcoins.  (Read 8250 times)
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 01:58:54 PM

Crosspost for newbie Trollero™ shill account holder:

Now you're making a real fool of yourself, but what else you gonna do when you have absolutely no real arguments at all...

I've been here on this forum about a year and a half longer than you... thus I suppose I've been into crypto's about a year and a half longer than you...
I was here before monero even existed...

I do have a good track record when it comes to early recognizing 'things' with intrinsic value... seems that you were late  (about two years late) at the btc-party in the past, and you might be late again at some future party...

again, good luck,  you're obviously gonna need it...

Like I said already, you evaded all my points (in fact you just cut them from my post), so I take it you do not disagree with them.  Thanks.

And yeh you are a newbie account - that' why it says 'newbie' under your name...and we know you are a Trollero shill because you are an "instamine scam!!!" troll on the Dash thread lol Smiley  
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:01:46 PM

The butthurt is so much for Dash scammers, they are tweeting about it - https://twitter.com/CryptoArmada/status/592813764552036353
GTO911

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:02:08 PM

not even litecoin has its own board here, why would any other coin

Litecoin offers nothing of value, it is a shitcoin

Are you sure about that?

Very sure
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:04:08 PM

Crosspost for newbie Trollero™ shill account holder:

Now you're making a real fool of yourself, but what else you gonna do when you have absolutely no real arguments at all...

I've been here on this forum about a year and a half longer than you... thus I suppose I've been into crypto's about a year and a half longer than you...
I was here before monero even existed...

I do have a good track record when it comes to early recognizing 'things' with intrinsic value... seems that you were late  (about two years late) at the btc-party in the past, and you might be late again at some future party...

again, good luck,  you're obviously gonna need it...

Like I said already, you evaded all my points (in fact you just cut them from my message), so I take it you do not disagree with them.  Thanks.

And yeh you are a newbie shill account - that' why it says 'newbie' under your name...and we know you are a Trollero shill because you are an "instamine scam!!!" troll on the Dash thread lol Smiley  

so quz I don't come here every day talking shit and posting nonsense like you to get my postings up I'm a newbie trollero shill... get a life dude, bye
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:33:45 PM

not even litecoin has its own board here, why would any other coin

Litecoin offers nothing of value, it is a shitcoin

Are you sure about that?

Very sure

Litecoin reached more than $400M market cap at its peak and you are saying that it offers nothing?
Nothing wrong to cheering your beloved coin, but probably that is why many people don't like Monero or Dash.
You guys are all about "we are the best" and you don't take other opinions.
There should be mutual respect in cryptocurrencies, but you are forgetting about that.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:49:09 PM

oh boy here we go again. Pegasus, what're you doin rufflin the bitcoiners feathers?

in reference to someone going "this is the bitcointalk" forum..

I think bitcoin will experience the same de-branding that other technologies experience. I have already read an article, somewhere, that said "the software installed a bitcoin miner, specifically litecoin, blah blah blah". It was that incidence where a bittorrent client was installing a litecoin miner.

In the states, it happened to kleenex, xerox, velcro, ... im sure you can think of some from your country.

just something to consider.

and yeah, we do have our own board.

https://forum.getmonero.org/

enjoy it in all of its reinvent the wheel glory Smiley

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
GTO911

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:29:19 PM

Litecoin reached more than $400M market cap at its peak and you are saying that it offers nothing?
Nothing wrong to cheering your beloved coin, but probably that is why many people don't like Monero or Dash.
You guys are all about "we are the best" and you don't take other opinions.
There should be mutual respect in cryptocurrencies, but you are forgetting about that.

Its better if you answer why should we use it instead of Bitcoin?
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 05:24:54 PM

IMHO, Monero is not that special to give it an own sub forum. If we do that every coin, which is considering itself as special, will request its own sub forum. Then BTT will explode.
Kyle1836

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:19:37 PM

Monero is just another Altcoin that claims to be the best, but really has no use making it useless. And they have the guts to attack Litecoin and state that Litecoin's useless...  Grin

americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:30:23 PM

Is Americanpegasus a real Monero fan or is he doing a parody of a Monero fan?

I think he's like a "power of belief" pumper they just brought in to try to rescue the price.  Probably one of the Poloniex whales sold him xmr at discount and his job is to PUUUUMP!!!!  

Kind of thing you get on your average 2-bit off-the-shelf sh*tcoin with zero development on C-Cex / Poloniex troll-box when people start to realize the whole thing is a marketing hoax.

You guys are fundamentally fucktarded, and I debated even responding to this.  

First of all, that is a really good idea, and I wish I had thought of it.   I'm obviously more enthusiastic than I am clever, so no: my Monero was bought off the open market on Poloniex, and if it ever becomes a point of contention, I can post the trade records and Poloniex admins can corroborate.  

My entry price was from 2000 satoshis to 2400 satoshis, with an average price of 2200, or about 52 cents USD.     

I am what you would consider a "large holder", intend to become larger, and am incredibly passionate about the things I believe in, and am an outstanding writer as well..  

This might upset you.  Oh well.  It's true.  I try to only use my powers for good, especially considering I could apply them to pumping shitcoins and probably make a tidy profit.  

If you don't see the incredible opportunity before you of owning a significant portion of the likely successor/sibling of bitcoin...  You are a blind fool.  

I'm americanpegasus and I approved this message.  

//Cryotographically signed and shit//  
//May 19th, like about 1300 in the afternoon//  
//xnrj=(8&56:?!d£ random crypto shiz dndjdkks:8)5//
//banksy on the verge of another huge bailout//  
//AP out, peace //

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
Kyle1836

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:41:06 PM

I think he's like a "power of belief" pumper they just brought in to try to rescue the price.  Probably one of the Poloniex whales sold him xmr at discount and his job is to PUUUUMP!!!!  

Kind of thing you get on your average 2-bit off-the-shelf sh*tcoin with zero development on C-Cex / Poloniex troll-box when people start to realize the whole thing is a marketing hoax.

You guys are fundamentally fucktarded, and I debated even responding to this.  

First of all, that is a really good idea, and I wish I had thought of it.   I'm obviously more enthusiastic than I am clever, so no: my Monero was bought off the open market on Poloniex, and if it ever becomes a point of contention, I can post the trade records and Poloniex admins can corroborate.  

My entry price was from 2000 satoshis to 2400 satoshis, with an average price of 2200, or about 52 cents USD.     

I am what you would consider a "large holder", intend to become larger, and am incredibly passionate about the things I believe in, and am an outstanding writer as well..  

This might upset you.  Oh well.  It's true.  I try to only use my powers for good, especially considering I could apply them to pumping shitcoins and probably make a tidy profit.  

If you don't see the incredible opportunity before you of owning a significant portion of the likely successor/sibling of bitcoin...  You are a blind fool.  

I'm americanpegasus and I approved this message.  

//Cryotographically signed and shit//  
//May 19th, like about 1300 in the afternoon//  
//xnrj=(8&56:?!d£ random crypto shiz dndjdkks:8)5//
//banksy on the verge of another huge bailout//  
//AP out, peace //

Nobody cares about how much of an Altcoin you hold. I call people like you "greedy". Seeing that all you boast about is "being a large holder", you should leave the crypto world. Monero is NOT the greatest thing that ever happened to the crypto world, it offers the same "advantages" as any "shitty Altcoin" would.

spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 08:43:10 PM

You can't call people f*cktarded just because they don't have your visions.
I can only say that no matter what outstanding writer you are, it seems that your math is not that good.
You see... $0.52 is like ~220k satoshi, not 2200. I can point to some other post, where you claimed that you joined Monero when hashrate was 13 MH.
Now, let me explain something very simple to you. Cryptocurrencies are not only money, but technology as well.
At the moment you are "investing" in something which you clearly don't understand.

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 08:46:21 PM

Monero is just another Altcoin that claims to be the best, but really has no use making it useless. And they have the guts to attack Litecoin and state that Litecoin's useless...  Grin

Litecoin's about as fungible and anonymous as Bitcoin, so yeah i'd chose the Original between those two, but seeing how I want privacy and fungability in a coin, I'll chose Monero. Good luck getting to "25% of Bitcoin's price" (based on no difference worth noting) said everyone who was buying and holding LTC in November and December and January and February and March....

It's not that LTC wasn't different than Bitcoin, it's that it wasn't different enough.

americanpegasus (OP)

Merit: 502

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:50:35 PM

Nobody cares about how much of an Altcoin you hold. I call people like you "greedy". Seeing that all you boast about is "being a large holder", you should leave the crypto world. Monero is NOT the greatest thing that ever happened to the crypto world, it offers the same "advantages" as any "shitty Altcoin" would.

I'm glad you agree with the advantages that Monero offers and agree that it is no alt-coin.  

It's good to see someone else acknowledge that Monero is clearly something special and deserves it's on board here on Bitcointalk.

And spartek, I understand enough to know that it's the next thing.  I don't need to understand the intricate details of TCP/IP to know in 1995 the world Wide Web is the future, not UseNet.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 08:54:09 PM

Monero's dev to do list this year ~ FluffyPony, GingerAle and Smooth

1. Changing our copied GUI wallet color from RED to BLUE.
2. Create once or twice a week a thread about EVAN even though we have starting problems just like every other coin did.
3. We Cry"p"to about it in forums.
4. Wait for another coin like Byte to coin from or actually for Byte to do something new and we change colors maybe?
5. THIS IS IMPORTANT let's all pray that monero investors don't get mad at us and ask for a newer team to actually do some work.
6. Hope their investors don't do what OTOH did and moving on with DASH.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
necrita

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:00:19 PM

Theymos wont allow it.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:38:59 PM

but seeing how I want privacy and fungability in a coin, I'll chose Monero

Monero is not fungible. It's *invisible*.

Fungible means that units of the currency are capable of mutual substitution. To assert fungibility you need a transparent blockchain because that allows public consensus to verify that what you've parked at your address is the same commodity as is parked at all other legitimate addresses on the network and is therefore capable of said "mutual substitution".

What inhibits Bitcoin's fungibility is not the fact that the blockchain is transparent, it's the fact that detectable patterns can build up over time which allows certain parts of the money supply to be identified distinctly from others. The answer to this problem isn't to bury the whole blockchain and make it invisible - because then you don't have money any more - it is to mitigate the formation of sustainably traceable patterns of monetary movement.

Fungibility is also closely related to monetary confidence because most people require to know that what turned up in their wallet originated in a genuine address and that there is public consensus of that fact. Thats done by watching said 'genuine originating address' balance (that you valued) reduce and your address balance increase by an equivalent amount. You now have confidence that what your wallet contains did in fact originate on the real network because you saw it move from that real network into a new address that you control and so did everybody else. Nor is there any implication for anonymity here - the network remains anonymous as long as *real* fungibility is maintained to a satisfactory level.

In Monero, transactions originate from f*ck knows where and disappear into f*ck knows where using a wallet developed by f*ck knows who because 3rd party wallets are apparently "fine" in this type of environment. Hello ?  Shocked

It's a nice cryptographic bookkeeping system but it isn't money.

No. Monero IS financial censorship (see discussion above).

I think at this point it's fair to say that everyone on Bitcoin Talk is aware that Monero is the successor to Bitcoin proper.

IMO, Monero hasn't a snowball's hope in hell of gaining significant adoption, never mind getting anywhere near Bitcoin's marketcap.

For all the ranting that goes on from XMR bagholders about "math", it's had the one thing that gives money its value - public consensus - comprehensively designed out of it and thereby been left monetarily impotent.

As for "anonymous and private", so is anything that's invisible. (Think tooth fairy).

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 10:49:37 PM

Monero is not fungible. It's *invisible*.

Fungible means that units of the currency are capable of mutual substitution and to assert fungibility you need a transparent blockchain because that allows public consensus to verify that what you've parked at your address is the same commodity as is parked at all other legitimate addresses on the network and is therefore capable of said "mutual substitution".

dude, we've been through this.

You don't need a transparent blockchain. Public consensus is not what provides the fungibility. The algorithm provides the fungibility. Cryptocurrencies is all about faith in the algorithm, not the people. Thats. The. Whole. Point.

And its fine. its all fine. it doesn't matter. None of this matters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVwa6t_Apo

lets not stoke this fire again. We've all agreed to disagree on this and we'll all ride our ships out to sea and hopefully we'll all make it and hopefully we'll all lend a hand if the chop gets rough.

With my newfound Dev Powers I hearby decree that this conversation is OVER!

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
celestio

Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:50:30 PM

I'm a troll

You're not the smartest out of the bunch are you. Making up terms such as "invisible" money is plain trollish. Please, for the sake of all that is good, go read up on what fungibility actually is. If you did, then you'd know that having a blockchain like Monero's that is obscured or opaque would fit the bill perfectly, rather than a blockchain that is transparent.

Bitcoin's fungibility is low because of it's transparent blockchain, if it's blockchain wasn't transparent, then "finding sustainable traceable patterns of monetary movement" would be impossible, not the other way around.

I used to think you knew what you were saying after looking at your price forecasting posts. But after reading your posts over recently concerning other things, such as this, you're entirely clueless. It's best you leave this talk to others, quite embarrassing...and disappointing.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:53:47 PM

Public consensus is not what provides the fungibility. The algorithm provides the fungibility. Cryptocurrencies is all about faith in the algorithm, not the people.

Good luck in selling that idea to the general public.

You can't have faith in an algo if you can't verify its actions.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: