Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:44:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Petition for Monero to have its own board, so we don't bother the altcoins.  (Read 8250 times)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 05:06:59 PM

see, this is why we can't have nice things.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:43:54 PM

i don't know much about monero tech but the name is sound like gay shit. it's already turn me off to even try it  Grin

In my mind, Monero sounds like the international name for money, which it exactly is, international money. So I guess money just sounds like gay shit to you? Grin That is alright, more for me and my soon to be mega-rich buddies.

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 05:46:05 PM

more for me and my soon to be mega-rich buddies.

why soon? u guys r already rich in fucked up minds LOL

Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186

Monero

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:10:59 PM

You don't bother me, and I bet you will be biting your tongue in a year from now. Cool

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
astrobitcoin

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:01:17 PM

You don't bother me, and I bet you will be biting your tongue in a year from now. Cool

...suuure.

wasn't OP ironic? why people took it seriously?
G2M

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 07:20:49 PM

...suuure.

wasn't OP ironic? why people took it seriously?

Because it's hard to stay asleep in your mothers basement, with the drafts, mold, silverfish, and the constant stomping on the floor reminding you to get your lazy ass outta bed at 5pm when she comes back from real work.

They're cranky bitches.

No worries kids, I'm sure your bright futures as community college dropouts will be spent well. Bright in the sense that I'll be paying you Monero to mow my lawn.

bitches.

Wind picked up: F4BC1F4BC0A2A1C4

banditryandloot goin2mars kbm keyboard-mash theusualstuff

probably a few more that don't matter for much.
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:35:03 PM

About what I would expect from you.  

Trying to use some kind of middle-school edgy language, and then not even having the guts to stand behind it without some kind of disclaimer.  What are you, 13 years old?  Go do your algebra homework, and maybe one day understanding cryptography will be within your grasp.  

By your terrible logic, bitcoin was doomed in 2009 because no one had ever heard of it.  

This thread is about how Monero needs its own board because we are tired of trolls from other alts getting annoyed at our success.  Your unwanted invasion into a successful petition only validates our claim that Monero definitely needs its own section on Bitcointalk.

Are you sure you aren't someone who hates Monero trying to be obnoxious while pretending you like Monero. You definitely look like that to me

Are you sure you aren't someone who hates Monero trying to obnoxiously question my motives while pretending you honestly don't know that I like Monero? You definitely look like that to me 

If you want higher quality responses, then give me higher quality conversation as input.  My responses aren't going to be of a higher caliber than the useless drivel that the trolls are tossing around. 

You idiot! You come out with this stupid thread and now people everywhere areattacking Monero because they think all Monero fans are idiots like you.
G2M

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 10:39:31 PM

..why are having people attack Monero bad again?

Unless they've got a solid understanding of cryptography and super duper programming skills, all those words they think mean things just make me grin real wide.

adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:12:02 PM

Unless they've got a solid understanding of cryptography and super duper programming skills, all those words they think mean things just make me grin real wide.
Why would it be good?
G2M

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 11:34:23 PM

Why would it be good?

All I see is more people talking about Monero.

Anyone throwing into the pot at this point isn't really here for the details, unless they're in possession of the above two skills.

It's the same thing that I saw w/ bitcoin. Regardless if it was a buttcoin topic or a bitcoin topic, all I saw was buzz.

It made me buy.

It wasn't until about a year later that I thought the words mattered. Then another year after that until I realized that they didn't again.

Jeff8247

Activity: 219

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 02:15:29 AM

I think at this point it's fair to say that everyone on Bitcoin Talk is aware that Monero is the successor to Bitcoin proper.  Calling it an altcoin is inaccurate and a clumsy, archaic protocol.  

Hahaha funniest shite i've read all day!

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." -Abraham Lincoln, 1864
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 04:41:47 AM

I think at this point it's fair to say that everyone on Bitcoin Talk is aware that Monero is the successor to Bitcoin proper.  Calling it an altcoin is inaccurate and a clumsy, archaic protocol.  

Hahaha funniest shite i've read all day!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=11425

^^AP isn't the only one who thinks XMR is a standout.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:27:28 AM

everyone on Bitcoin Talk is aware that Monero is the successor to Bitcoin proper.

"Successor" not in the sense of displacement, but rather in the sense a Queen is the successor to her King's throne and they rule together happily ever after.

King Fiat and Queen Gold
vs
Prince Bitcoin and Princess Monero

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 03:28:59 PM

It's been a couple of months and the situation has only gotten worse. 

Don't you guys see it yet?  Monero needs its own space here on bitcointalk.  Altcoins deserve a space free to create and pump gems such as CandleCoin, BritneyCoin, PlutoCoin, DingleCoin, and TriggeredCoin. 

But Monero is only going to get more and more popular as time goes on, and just like the crypto market float, we are going to consume everything. 

I don't want to piss off the entire altcoin board anymore, and so I urge the owners of bitcoin talk to give a few major cryptocurrencies (other than bitcoin) their own boards: Monero, litecoin, Dogecoin. 

Then the altcoiners could truly have a right to complain that Monero euphoria is consuming all their own hype.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
americanpegasus (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 06:12:11 PM

This is what I support, if you really want your own area with child boards and what not go, the only reason this doesn't happen is because no one will pay for your signature space on monerotalk and you're all greedy so you rather annoy everyone else.

It blows my mind honestly: we are 'annoying' you like bitcoin was 'annoying' finance boards back in 2011.  

You are so busy trying to figure out how to extract 50 more bitcoins from some premine CheeseburgerCoin nonsense that you fail to see the true next paradigm right in front of you.  

We're not talking fifty bitcoins here....  We're talking a speculative Smaug Horde for those savvy enough to understand that only massive innovation can propel a coin these days, and is what will drive success.  

If there is superior technology that the Monero talk is crowding out, please point it out.  But there's not.  

Opportunity does start small, but it won't stay that way.  Every once in a long while the universe hands you something that sounds too good to be true, and actually is somehow true.  

Bitcoin was one of those moments.  

Monero is the next, but people are so busy fighting for scraps from the table of bitcoin that they fail to see that they have an entire Kingdom sprawled out before them just waiting to be claimed...  

That Kingdom is Monero.  

And the universe is offering you a golden chance to be rich beyond your wildest dreams, and yet you eshew it.  Why?  Because over the last few years you've developed a taste for table scraps instead.  

I feel sorry for you, but I can't wait around for you to figure it out.  

The future waits for no one.

Account is back under control of the real AmericanPegasus.
binaryFate
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Still wild and free

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:29:32 PM

Yes that a small group of monero fans jump into every single thread even when it has nothing to do with monero and you scream and shout your coin is the best. There is enough information on monero and I know for a fact if Dash did the same thing (the coin you all hate so much) you would be complaining and wanting them to stop and go away. It just looks like a desperate pump from the outside, if the coin is good and will be great then just keep improving it and buying more, no need to spam the forums but unfortunately for you many others including myself think monero won't rise to the occasion.

Most of the annoying posts and pumping is done by reverse trolls, actually trying to harm the community by bothering everyone on purpose.
This has been going on for a long time and they seem more active than ever lately.

Regardless, the number of serious discussions that involve Monero one way or another is likely to increase.

Monero's privacy and therefore fungibility are MUCH stronger than Bitcoin's. 
This makes Monero a better candidate to deserve the term "digital cash".
kekek

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 07:36:54 PM

Or even better yet, it can have its very own forum! ...Oh wait it already has one, but it's a ghost town

dEBRUYNE
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

View Profile
July 27, 2015, 08:03:24 PM

Or even better yet, it can have its very own forum! ...Oh wait it already has one, but it's a ghost town

The official forum is at https://forum.getmonero.org

Privacy matters, use Monero - A true untraceable cryptocurrency
Why Monero matters? http://weuse.cash/2016/03/05/bitcoiners-hedge-your-position/
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2015, 10:55:15 PM

Like you, I have never once seen you in post, that's fine and what you're doing for monero I am sure is great and helping but others like: celestio,generalizethis,GTO911 and of course Icebreaker who uses his rank to push his points (it doesn't help)

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
July 28, 2015, 02:03:27 AM

Monero already has its own sub-forum, it's called the TRASHCAN.

~BCX~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: