Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:09:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SERVICE] [Android] [2 btc] [Google Play] Android Qt wallet compilation  (Read 6685 times)
4x13
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:12:14 PM

sakr, did you get the hosting service up and running yet (Similar to Coinomi)?
sakr (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 10:24:10 PM

sakr, did you get the hosting service up and running yet (Similar to Coinomi)?

I offer compilation of Qt wallets for android, not Coinomi like SPV wallets, the Qt wallet does not require hosting, it's the same as the desktop Qt client.
4x13
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:04:04 PM

Have you done Android compilation with Coinami? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=713649.0

The issue I have with an android wallet would be holding the entire chain on your phone so over time it would consume a fair amount of resources. Coinami is open source and uses an electrum server to create a lightweight client. Is this something that you think you would be able to do?

If that is not possible then just the standard client would be fine, I have BTC available for the work.

I only offer the standard client for now, I will offer a solution similar to coinomi soon, including iOS support.

With modern phones, storing the chain is not really a big deal, also as shown in the pie chart posted before, the ressources usage is very reasonable, but the standard wallet offers some features coinomi doesn't like wallet encryption, backup and more.

I have tested this wallet with coins that are more than a year old and it works fine. Thanks!

I ws mainly curious if you had made any progress with getting your service ready. Should I assume you have no plans to offer this still?
4x13
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:06:21 PM

What devices do you test your wallets on? I have a Samsung S5 for example, and the Transfercoin wallet is majorly bunched up to the point it is not useable. Is there a way to have the wallet resize itself for difference devices?
sakr (OP)

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 03:38:00 AM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 03:11:41 PM by sakr

I ws mainly curious if you had made any progress with getting your service ready. Should I assume you have no plans to offer this still?

I do not offer this service publically yet.

What devices do you test your wallets on? I have a Samsung S5 for example, and the Transfercoin wallet is majorly bunched up to the point it is not useable. Is there a way to have the wallet resize itself for difference devices?

I test on many devices including Samsung phones, also on different Android versions, however some phones have some specific text zooming features, which are not standard to android, and which Qt android does not recognize so the display is messed up on those devices. but the wallet works on the majority of devices as it have been reported.

I wonder if you tested with the latest build for transfercoin, it might work better on the S5 as it uses a newer Qt version an also some GUI improvements have been done.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 10:36:45 PM

I made a crowdfund post for this, id just like to know isnt clam getting a bit too heavy to be on the phone? Is the whole chain going to be hosted on the phone?

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
sakr (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 11:46:57 PM

I made a crowdfund post for this, id just like to know isnt clam getting a bit too heavy to be on the phone? Is the whole chain going to be hosted on the phone?

Clam blockchain is around 2gb, it should work well on modern phones with enough memory to hold the chain either on the phone memory or sdcard, yes the android build is the same as desktop one, the whole chain is going to be stored on the phone.
kurdcoin

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2017, 03:50:10 PM

i downloaded transfer app and it is not as the provided images.

here is what i see :

https://ibb.co/cxDk2Q

https://ibb.co/dMK3p5
Boostx

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 11:27:02 PM

Hi Sakr,

I will pm you regarding options thanks
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print