Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:04:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BEWARE: igot.com is either running a scam or is out of cash  (Read 17807 times)
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 01:58:44 PM

Not being able to send coins that they are supposed to is a major red flag.

Bank issues can be a legitimate excuse for fiat payments, but not when they are dragged out for this long, but why on earth can't they process a btc transaction until monday?

Hope you guys get your money back, but I hope others can learn not to fall into this trap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sankale

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 12:26:36 AM

Hi Lee,

As Rick has explained, we have had issues with the banks. Obviously, being a bitcoin company means some banks aren't always friendly or consistent in their attitude, and do this odd/not very business-like thing of opening an account for us then withdrawing it some time later.

Other exchanges, such as Safello and Coinfloor, have had the same issue if you read the bitcoin press.

Rick has been arranging new accounts over the last few days and the delays we have had over the last few weeks should be a thing of the past very soon.

We're sorry our customers had to suffer longer withdrawals than either they or we would like. And, yes, there were a few people who had commented on Facebook for the same reason, but all have been paid out.

I have double checked with our support team, and your payments have definitely been made, Lee. The first should arrive within a day and the others within the next few days. Please accept our apologies again for the overlong wait.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards, Dan (dan@igot.com)
Hi Dan,my names is James account  #05335136. I am a God fearing christian who for the last 2 days have been loosing sleep and praying and praying that the news ive been reading about igot.com is not true. 4 or 5 months ago, you opened for business in Kenya and since you then i have been a loyal customer. I have almost 8 Bitcoins waiting for transfer since Thursday the 21st of May and this coming Thursday, June 11th, will be exactly 30 days since i asked for my bitcoins to be withdrawn. This may not seem like a lot of money, but in Kenya, where 80% of people make less than $1 a day, it is a lot. In fact, it is my life savings, everything i have. I have saved tirelessly for the last 6 to 7 years to get this kind of money and my wife, my son and my family need this money.

After reading the comments above, i sat and prayed, in Jesus name, that all the negative things i was reading were caused by misunderstandings and not because igot.com is broke. I prayed, in Jesus name, that all these issues you have will be sorted out within the next couple of days. I opened a support ticket weeks ago and i have written six times and i always get the same reply, "we are upgrading our systems and cannot release bitcoins" Today i got a different reply, it stated that, and i quote "There are some massive bugs with the wallet system that we're fixing..................I've canceled the transaction for now and if you want to sell your bitcoin and buy from elsewhere, you can do that." I am very concerned about the last part of the message, why was my transaction cancelled? I do not want to sell my bitcoins, because the price of bitcoins is a lot lower than i bought them and therefore i will be loosing a lot of money. All i want is my bitcoins withdrawn, so i chose to withdraw again and i'm praying that it goes through this time. I also hope and pray, that since you decided to cancel my transaction, that i don't get put me at the back of the waiting line and my bitcoins are withdrawn successfully. Once again, i pray, that your problems will be solved and i will get my bitcoins as promised, in Jesus name AMEN
igot_user_03773356 (OP)

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 02:59:25 AM

@sankale: Sorry to hear about your problems - we're all in the same boat. Would advise you to try all channels and create as much noise as possible so that you get attended to. You can reach out directly to igot staff. The founder is Rick Day:
Rick Day <rick@igot.com>, julia@igot.com, Daniel Palmer <dan@igot.com>, Amit@igot.com, Vignesh Raja <Vignesh@igot.com>

Or raise a ruckus through their Facebook page (but negative comments usually get purged after a while):
https://www.facebook.com/pages/igotcom/191028684435836?sk=timeline&ref=page_internal
bitcoin.babe

Activity: 8

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2015, 04:02:06 AM

Theyve told me via support ticket now that my Bitcoin withdrawal will be processed monday.. If it isnt I will be perusing avenues with the Australian authorities as they are an Australian registered business (Department of Fair Trading, Police, Commonwealth Bank). I would recommend everyone do the same.   
otorongo

Activity: 24

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:13:42 AM

Theyve told me via support ticket now that my Bitcoin withdrawal will be processed monday.. If it isnt I will be perusing avenues with the Australian authorities as they are an Australian registered business (Department of Fair Trading, Police, Commonwealth Bank). I would recommend everyone do the same.   
Can you give us the email and contact numbers of this Department in Australia? I also advise all customers to take screen prints for documentation, just in case they plug off.
otorongo

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:47:53 AM

@sankale I know that in Kenya that amount is a fortune. They are destroying your economy and your family future; moreover, having kids involved it is thousands times worse. That is called cruelty. Abusing the most vulnerable in the world. Big shame for them. God will protect you and your family. God will make justice. Bless you and your family.
hunkey600

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:07:54 AM

I don't use there services now they always had delays from starting and now this has become worst. They will collapse soon. I think they are running Ponzi.

otorongo

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 10:42:07 AM

You can make a complaint or investigation here: http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/ftw/About_us/Contact_us.page?
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:22:54 PM

@igot_user_03773356, @bitcoin.babe

What is the update? igot seems to have stopped responding too..
It looks sad but I'd not lose hope. Keep nagging them.

No one who reads this will ever use them. What are they thinking?
@op, you should link this thread to all places where they advertise.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
bitcoin.babe

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 06:38:58 AM

I was told a monday withdrawal. but nothing has come through yet. again I tried to message support via the website and facebook page with no response thus far. Will be putting through complaints with government departments now.
igot_user_03773356 (OP)

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 12:36:33 PM

@igot_user_03773356, @bitcoin.babe

What is the update? igot seems to have stopped responding too..
It looks sad but I'd not lose hope. Keep nagging them.

No one who reads this will ever use them. What are they thinking?
@op, you should link this thread to all places where they advertise.

Still no cash received despite all the promises they gave last week.

Update (as of 8 June):
  • Two payments pending. Oldest pending since more than 35 days back.

bitcoin.babe

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 03:19:29 PM

Curious to know how many people have filed a complaint with Fair Trading?
otorongo

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:17:44 AM

Curious to know how many people have filed a complaint with Fair Trading?
Not yet. But soon I will.
bitcoin.babe

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 09:02:04 AM

Update:

After reporting igots account to commonwealth bank, Fair Trading and the police, I can confirm my money has been returned. Goes to show if you kick and scream loud enough you get your way in the end. If anyone else is having issues with recovering funds please contact me on bitcoin.babeau@gmail.com and I can put you onto the right channels and people.

All the best to you all. Especially igot_user_03773356. Please keep me in the loop. I know it sucks to lose a lot of money and I would love to help you (and others) any way I can.
igot_user_03773356 (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 12:45:54 PM

Update:

After reporting igots account to commonwealth bank, Fair Trading and the police, I can confirm my money has been returned. Goes to show if you kick and scream loud enough you get your way in the end. If anyone else is having issues with recovering funds please contact me on bitcoin.babeau@gmail.com and I can put you onto the right channels and people.

All the best to you all. Especially igot_user_03773356. Please keep me in the loop. I know it sucks to lose a lot of money and I would love to help you (and others) any way I can.

I'm really glad that you got your money back, bitcoinbabe. Unfortunately for myself, I've received none of my money. I'll reach out to you via email to understand what you did.
sankale

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:40:32 PM

Theyve told me via support ticket now that my Bitcoin withdrawal will be processed monday.. If it isn't I will be perusing avenues with the Australian authorities as they are an Australian registered business (Department of Fair Trading, Police, Commonwealth Bank). I would recommend everyone do the same.   

Hi, its tuesday now, actually wednesday where im at. I dint get my bitcoins, did you? Or anyone else on here?
Tony Abbot

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:17:32 AM

I've been waiting almost a month for a 2btc withdrawal and have more than 30 btc sitting on their exchange.  Pardon my French, but I am shitting my pants over this. My life as I know it is over if they steal those coins.  😢
Tony Abbot

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 05:27:58 AM

Latest reply from Igot regarding my BTC:

"Thank you for your email.

We’re currently deploying new code and are hopeful this will resolve the wallet issues.

We expect things to get back to normal soon.

In the meantime, if you wish to sell your bitcoin and cash out, we are happy to offer $5 above our sell price per bitcoin in your local currency.

Regards,

Julie"

Should I cash out or sit tight???   According to Reddit, It seems like people are slowly getting their money/BTC.
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:22:36 AM

I would get out whatever you can however you can as fast as you can.

"new code" makes less sense than bank issues. What could possibly be wrong with the code to stop a person from manually sending you the amount of bitcoins that you need?
igot_user_03773356 (OP)

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 12:00:19 PM

There are a flood of complaints against igot. This could be a global ponzi scheme:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/38l4ky/has_anybody_else_had_an_issue_with_igotcom_lately/
http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/37tntv/australian_exchange_igot_a_scam_28_days/crrvmt8
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/38h8f9/igotcom_get_scam/
https://twitter.com/iGotcom/with_replies
http://www.coinjabber.com/site/www.igot.com

I'm still getting empty promises and no refunds.

Update (as of 10 June):
  • Two payments pending. Oldest pending since more than 38 days back.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: