Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:19:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Feeling the economic Crunch  (Read 1161 times)
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:18:13 PM

So after losing quite a lot of money due to the decrease in bitcoin value. I am now looking to spend a few bitcoins on Alt coins to try get myself back up. Does anyone have any good recomendations please?

To peel or not to peel.
thew3apon

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:30:09 PM

So after losing quite a lot of money due to the decrease in bitcoin value. I am now looking to spend a few bitcoins on Alt coins to try get myself back up. Does anyone have any good recomendations please?

I really like this coin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028433.20

Singular, p2p file sharing its a very young coin but has room to grow the best part is it actually works

Many of the alts are flash in the pan so be careful Smiley
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:46:10 PM

I agree been burned Many, many, many, many times Smiley

To peel or not to peel.
rustynailer

Activity: 725
Merit: 501

Boycott Qatar 2022

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 12:57:13 PM

I agree been burned Many, many, many, many times Smiley

If you have been burnt many times then i would suggest to avoid coins that are only a few weeks old.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:05:18 PM

You're probably better off gambling.

Not your keys, not your coins!
GTO911

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:08:01 PM

You will just get shills here, no real advice. Better research yourself and you might hit something good if you are lucky

Tip - Look for something which cannot be replaced by Bitcoin
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:14:30 PM

Better off gambling this is true  Tongue

But surely there must be that one big great coin coming. I already have some NXT, ripple, xst. What do you think about stellar and can you still get free coins?

To peel or not to peel.
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 01:31:39 PM

Better off gambling this is true  Tongue

But surely there must be that one big great coin coming. I already have some NXT, ripple, xst. What do you think about stellar and can you still get free coins?

I don't think so, any facebook account you tried to claim free coins with got rejected as fake the last I heard. I gave up checking months ago though. There was supposed to be a free giveaway to all bitcoin and ripple holders but it never happened when they promised.
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:13:01 PM

Altcoin investing is very risky. Many altcoins are just pump & dump.
I don't advise in altcoin investing to earn btc.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 02:16:20 PM

Skip the altcoins if you've already been burned.  We're in the midst of the typical pre-summer pump, thanks China.

Stick to your BTC holdings or change it into fiat with a trusted place like Coinbase.  I wouldn't recommend anyone invest in altcoins unless they day trade this time of year.

gustav

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:32:37 PM

See my signature. Uno just implemented merge mining with BTC thus the network is secured for the foreseeable future and you don't need to worry the coin could go to worthless in a second. I think the downside is limited risk while the upside potential is real. But you need to judge yourself.

Other than that: Litecoin halving coming up and trading back and forth some PPC can also make some bucks.
I think XPM, Quark and Megacoin will make a comeback also. But it's just guessing.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:55:35 PM

What exactly is unobtanium in a sentence?

To peel or not to peel.
thew3apon

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 03:24:10 PM

Better off gambling this is true  Tongue

you shouldn't gamble, house edge will always get you if you invest in alt thenat least you have some information behind it maybe take your btccash out and invest into a small ebay business?
damashup

Activity: 259

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 04:39:53 PM

If you're looking at crypto-currencies, my advice, if you have the time (and inclination), would be to trade coins. Analysis the coins, the markets and (most importantly) market sentiment. Devise a strategy. Test your strategy and take it from there. Look for realistic returns. Don't expect all trades to come off just look to 'win' more than you 'lose'. Expect to spend an hour or two a day on this endeavor. Don't go 'all-in' on the first 'sure thing' you see... you're almost certain to get burnt!

If trading isn't your thing and you're looking to invest, forget and come back in 6 months to a fortune (or to have at least covered any BTC depreciation)....  good luck with that. You're guess is as good as anyone else's!
benthach
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 04:50:09 PM
Last edit: May 20, 2015, 06:53:45 PM by benthach

Better off gambling this is true  Tongue

good job with xst(1k-1.3k), you're going to make a cool return. do not get into new coins at this moment, most are from bobsurplus or old devs looking for quick btc. new coins and new usernames are popping up at hyper speed right now. check into my signature.

reddit btcwriter1 - twitter kingpininvestor
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 04:52:18 PM

Unfortunately you are probably better off selling for fiat and holding that for a few months. If the 18 month trend continues you can probably buy back a lot more than you sold off...
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:00:24 PM

I really like this coin:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1028433.20

Singular, p2p file sharing its a very young coin but has room to grow the best part is it actually works

Many of the alts are flash in the pan so be careful Smiley

Ya man, another file sharing coin, Eastern Europe is a good place for that.

But I don't see the word "torrent" anywhere...
Which means it probably uses direct or proprietary file transfer algo = inefficient...
Also, what on earth does "osetura" mean.

There's a reason > 50% of all internet traffic is sent using standard torrent libraries.
Lloydimiller4

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Monero

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 06:08:56 PM

Hey Gravitate, I urge you to research any altcoin before you purchase any. That being said, my vote is for Monero because it has technology that is actually innovated and has applications that Bitcoin cannot reach.

I think 99% of altcoins are just shitty pump and dump schemes that add nothing but money in the creator's pocket. Monero is not one of them. Monero seeks to add privacy where Bitcoin lacks it.

I believe in a year or two it will be simple to look up someone's Bitcoin purchases, -all- of their purchases, which I don't think is a very good thing. I know what I want to do with my money is my concern, and my concern only. Monero's opaque blockchain and stealth addresses makes it impossible for someone to snoop on your spending, that is real value.

I recommend Monero over Dash, for a lot of reasons that I don't really want to dive into. There are plenty of threads out there that cover it.

At any rate, I wish you good luck in your investment choice. Wink

XMR: 43uAvbYL7z9NrKQig2DswM69XaeDug1Rf8v4Un1ndssb2To51Vojz2uZ21jFumWsCcgvqZ9hPuE3fEr xKoGCkHU8CzqHFiS
coolbeans94

Activity: 613

Mintcoin: Get some

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 08:18:07 PM

Mintcoin is a good choice. MINT

Stay fresh!

(1.) Moral happiness depends upon moral order.
(2.) Moral order depends upon the harmonious action of all our powers, as
individuals and as members of society.
DigiByte
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1051

Official DigiByte Account

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 08:36:16 PM

We gladly welcome you as well as everyone reading this to join the DigiByte community.

Please decide for yourself: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=408268.0

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: