Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:35:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Need a good Non-Shared Wallet  (Read 957 times)
toodamntired (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:57:57 AM

I need a decent, online wallet where I control the keys. Localbitcoins is what I mainly use, but I do not know the sending address and am in need of an address that also returns to me, as well. I am not too tech savvy on these things, so please be gentle and do not go ape shit because I asked....lol

All I know is that I need to be able to receive transactions on the same address I send from and have multiple usage of that same address from time to time.

Any help would any greatly apprecisted

gampher

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:03:23 AM

I need a decent, online wallet where I control the keys. Localbitcoins is what I mainly use, but I do not know the sending address and am in need of an address that also returns to me, as well. I am not too tech savvy on these things, so please be gentle and do not go ape shit because I asked....lol

All I know is that I need to be able to receive transactions on the same address I send from and have multiple usage of that same address from time to time.

Any help would any greatly apprecisted

Blockchain.info wallet. it is the same as computer wallet which you can send and recieve payments from your own
yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 4445

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:12:36 AM

https://blockchain.info/wallet

go to that link and click start a new wallet on top left. then follow the directions from there

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:17:05 AM

Before setting up your account take a few minutes and read a little about wallet security, and don't forget to backup.

https://blockchain.info/wallet/security

http://www.bitcoiniacs.com/what-is-bitcoin/secure-blockchain-wallet/

bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:10:11 AM

Online wallets are generally not considered safe, if you a want a good non-shared wallet you can install Electrum But if you insist on using an online one, than as others have suggested, you can use a blockchain.info-wallet.

Make sure you enable 2fa on it for added security and take backup of your wallet for if you're not able to access the site someday, you can still import your keys into another wallet and take control of your funds.

Another online wallet which is a bit safer than blockchain.info is GreenAddress as it requires two set of keys to send a transaction but it maybe a little complicated for you but you can take a look at it if you like.

https://bitcoin.org/en/choose-your-wallet <- this is where you can find all the recommended wallets for all the platforms in future.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 04:55:52 AM

as far as I know there's no online wallet where you control the keys. Closest could be mycelium for android, I guess you can control they keys if you want.

gampher

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:15:29 AM

as far as I know there's no online wallet where you control the keys. Closest could be mycelium for android, I guess you can control they keys if you want.

May i know if mycelium is good to use? how long does it take to synced? will it take big part of my phone memory or proccesor?
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 05:19:59 AM

May i know if mycelium is good to use? how long does it take to synced? will it take big part of my phone memory or proccesor?

not much. it's a light client like electrum for example.

gampher

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 05:33:58 AM

Thanks i downloaded it but i cant see where can i find privates keys.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 05:40:15 AM

Thanks i downloaded it but i cant see where can i find privates keys.

check for the master seed backup. I think that's what you need, can't check it a the moment though.

sirnoah

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:15:45 AM

trezor
cbase

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 06:21:21 AM

trezor

AFAIK, trezor wallet isnt an online one. Op is asking for an online wallet.

@op i suggest to use blockchain.info wallet, you have the control for your privates keys and you can transfer and recieve funds with your address
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 06:28:14 AM
Last edit: May 21, 2015, 06:55:14 PM by TheButterZone

I need a decent, online wallet where I control the keys.  

The user of a blockchain.info wallet DOES NOT "control the keys". blockchain.info does, and generates then subsequently deletes your funded private keys before they can possibly be backed up.
blockchain.info wallet is NOT "decent". Google the massive amount of thefts and BTC loss from them!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=281403.msg10604333#msg10604333

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:19:52 PM

The user of a blockchain.info wallet DOES NOT "control the keys". blockchain.info does, and generates then subsequently deletes your funded private keys before they can possibly be backed up.
blockchain.info wallet is NOT "decent". Google the massive amount of thefts and BTC loss from them!

I use blockchain.info for 2 years now and never experience such a thing, you may be describing some old bug that affect very few users.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:34:57 PM

My understanding of how BC.I works is that the private keys are generated locally in your browser, are encrypted and then sent to BC.I to be backed up. When you later log into your BC.I your private keys are then sent to you in encrypted format and they will be decrypted locally in your browser.

It is my understanding that the primary reason for most BC.I thefts and losses is due to various MITM and social engineering attacks.

It is my understanding that BC.I never is in any kind of control of your private keys.
cbase

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:36:08 PM

Is the reason behind that is the fake emails that is sent to most users that redirect the link to phising sites?  Personally i dont encounter any problem on my wallet so far
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 01:56:16 PM

My understanding of how BC.I works is that the private keys are generated locally in your browser, are encrypted and then sent to BC.I to be backed up. When you later log into your BC.I your private keys are then sent to you in encrypted format and they will be decrypted locally in your browser.

It is my understanding that the primary reason for most BC.I thefts and losses is due to various MITM and social engineering attacks.

It is my understanding that BC.I never is in any kind of control of your private keys.

so if they turn evil and decide to steal every people's money they won't be able Huh

It is new for me
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 2347

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:01:02 PM

so if they turn evil and decide to steal every people's money they won't be able Huh

It is new for me
Well they could change the JavaScript so that when you log into your wallet, your private keys are decrypted in your browser and then sent to them. Most people would probably not be able to detect this due to lack of technical expertise.

Their wallet is open source so if they were to attempt to do this someone could use a previous version of their wallet to access their Bitcoin. Additionally you are able to download your private keys locally so if you are afraid they have changed their code to steal your funds once you access their wallet you can use another wallet.
toodamntired (OP)

Activity: 471

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 02:01:22 PM

I appeciate all of the help. The only reason I am asking for an online wallet is because I am not too sure how an offline wallet works as farr as set-up, moving coin back and forth and so on... I am definitely going to read up on all of that and try to learn it. I do understand the risks involved with online wallets, which is why I have like 15 of them and never allow any of them to have a large amount (.2-.3) in them at any time.. I am not dealing with large amounts of BTC yet, but am getting more into investing and looking into some possible mining opportunities that are legit and one of these opportunities requires that certain types of payouts they make must be returned to the sending address. I Did not understand the whole shared wallet thing and localbitcoins was not on the list of examples they gave and it cost me .005 to learn that lesson; not the end of the world, it is only a buck, but want it fixed.

I will sign up for bitchain right away and read the suggested material and try and figure out offline wallets and get myself one soon. Again, thanks for the information and help.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 03:03:26 PM

What you said have higher chance but this is not true in all cases. They have pushed a buggy code earlier and their wallet also generated signatures with low randomness. This is very dangerous. Who knows they won't push a buggy code again? However, till now, they are very trustworthy and that is one of the main reasons I suggest Blockchain.info over other online wallets. It is possible they are doing a long con.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: