Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:35:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for New professional logo.Funds Escrowed [ENDED]  (Read 2319 times)
Redones

Activity: 320
Merit: 261

Web developper

View Profile
May 25, 2015, 10:20:45 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 01:05:17 AM by Redones

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sarahiko

Activity: 772
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:24:29 AM

Here is my entry feedback would be great
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 08:10:02 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 08:27:40 AM by TECSHARE

I was excited to help with your logo here... then I saw it was spec work. First of all that is a pathetic amount to offer anyone for a decent logo even on a contract basis. Usually people running these spec work contests at least compensate for the potential of not getting paid by increasing the amount above what a normal contract cost would be. You however have done the exact opposite... and you get what you pay for, a bunch of half ass garbage.

I implore any designers reading this not to participate in any kind of spec work, because it reduces all designer's ability to earn a living. Would this type of setup be considered acceptable in any other industry? Stop treating designers like bitches and pay them a fair fee. Designers, stop being bitches and demand fair payment for your work.

http://www.nospec.com/

SwingFirst

Activity: 678
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:15:26 AM

I am a graphic designer. I threw something together to give you a sample.
Contact me:
- PM on here
- swingfirst@airmail.cc
BikiniDice (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 05:47:57 PM

I was excited to help with your logo here... then I saw it was spec work. First of all that is a pathetic amount to offer anyone for a decent logo even on a contract basis. Usually people running these spec work contests at least compensate for the potential of not getting paid by increasing the amount above what a normal contract cost would be. You however have done the exact opposite... and you get what you pay for, a bunch of half ass garbage.

I implore any designers reading this not to participate in any kind of spec work, because it reduces all designer's ability to earn a living. Would this type of setup be considered acceptable in any other industry? Stop treating designers like bitches and pay them a fair fee. Designers, stop being bitches and demand fair payment for your work.

I do appreciate the concern, and i do respect all designers amateur or professional and never did i treat them as bitches.. Anyone can participate on any kind of contest, its their free-will after all.. Tho i don't consider this as a spec work, since i don't take all or partial rights to any of the submitted images except the winner. That is also the reason i have ask people to put watermarks on their submissions. Also the stated amount is just the minimum payment (which is escrowed), "Price = BTC0.20 (Depending on the logo, this could increase)". A great and professional design will most likely get more than 0.20 btc.

Calling other people as half ass garbage means you think you design well than them, then thats good for you, but i personally think that its inappropriate to call them names. We all started as amateurs anyway.

I also think its unethical and inappropriate to tell other people not to participate in any kind of contest by just the reason that you did'nt like what the price/bounty is.

Tho i understand your concern, I will continue with this contest and encourage amateur/professional designers to post their submissions. And dont forget to watermark you images. 

Thanks
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 09:39:42 PM

I do appreciate the concern, and i do respect all designers amateur or professional and never did i treat them as bitches.. Anyone can participate on any kind of contest, its their free-will after all.. Tho i don't consider this as a spec work, since i don't take all or partial rights to any of the submitted images except the winner. That is also the reason i have ask people to put watermarks on their submissions. Also the stated amount is just the minimum payment (which is escrowed), "Price = BTC0.20 (Depending on the logo, this could increase)". A great and professional design will most likely get more than 0.20 btc.

Calling other people as half ass garbage means you think you design well than them, then thats good for you, but i personally think that its inappropriate to call them names. We all started as amateurs anyway.

I also think its unethical and inappropriate to tell other people not to participate in any kind of contest by just the reason that you did'nt like what the price/bounty is.

Tho i understand your concern, I will continue with this contest and encourage amateur/professional designers to post their submissions. And dont forget to watermark you images. 

Thanks

It doesn't matter if you are taking rights from them or not. You are not picking a designer to contract with and paying them, thus this is SPECULATIVE work, IE you might not get paid a dime for any work regardless of rights not being lost. I didn't call other people half ass garbage, I called the work half ass garbage. Also this doesn't mean they can't do better, it is just not worth their time to even try because you are paying a pittance and they aren't even guaranteed that meager sum.

You are treating them like bitches, because you are expecting people to work for you for free. Talk to a few designers and make a contract with one, don't just waste all of their time except one, then pay that person a pathetic sum. I think it is unethical and inappropriate for you to operate this way.

In what other industry would this even come close to being acceptable? Additionally, it hurts ALL designers by pretending like this method of operation is ok, because it drives down their ability to earn reasonable pay for their work because there is ALWAYS some one more desperate and willing to work for nearly nothing, especially when ones job is creating digital assets and the competition is global. Just because you are able to take advantage of that desperation does not make it ok. The really sad part is people like you only see the money they save and don't know enough about marketing or design to know you lose in this equation as well by getting a substandard product when you could pick ONE designer and pay the same amount and get a much higher quality result. No one wins with speculative work, even if you think you do.
romano1

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

have fun

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 09:59:46 PM

Any size restrictions on the design ?
BikiniDice (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:51:33 AM

Any size restrictions on the design ?
No restrictions except that it should be related to the domain bikinidice.com
BikiniDice (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:02:00 AM

Thanks

It doesn't matter if you are taking rights from them or not. You are not picking a designer to contract with and paying them, thus this is SPECULATIVE work, IE you might not get paid a dime for any work regardless of rights not being lost. I didn't call other people half ass garbage, I called the work half ass garbage. Also this doesn't mean they can't do better, it is just not worth their time to even try because you are paying a pittance and they aren't even guaranteed that meager sum.

You are treating them like bitches, because you are expecting people to work for you for free. Talk to a few designers and make a contract with one, don't just waste all of their time except one, then pay that person a pathetic sum. I think it is unethical and inappropriate for you to operate this way.

In what other industry would this even come close to being acceptable? Additionally, it hurts ALL designers by pretending like this method of operation is ok, because it drives down their ability to earn reasonable pay for their work because there is ALWAYS some one more desperate and willing to work for nearly nothing, especially when ones job is creating digital assets and the competition is global. Just because you are able to take advantage of that desperation does not make it ok. The really sad part is people like you only see the money they save and don't know enough about marketing or design to know you lose in this equation as well by getting a substandard product when you could pick ONE designer and pay the same amount and get a much higher quality result. No one wins with speculative work, even if you think you do.

I did not made this post to simply argue with you nor make some scene. I respect your opinion on the matter. But that doesn't stop the fact that i can still continue with the contest and reward people that really deserves it.

I don't really see the point of you coming to this thread and trying to argue with something you do not have control to.  But anyway, you have a nice day.  Wink
BikiniDice (OP)

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:01:33 PM

Feel free to post your entries.. Smiley
likehiro

Activity: 427
Merit: 511

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 06:48:25 PM

PM me if you are interested in a professional work Smiley If you want, you can take a look in my portfolio clicking the links in my signature.

Anyways, my fees for an isologotype work are not 0.2 BTC, but we can talk about what are you needing Smiley

Please, follow our studio page on instagram   Hard Fork Studio 
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 07:47:15 PM

I did not made this post to simply argue with you nor make some scene. I respect your opinion on the matter. But that doesn't stop the fact that i can still continue with the contest and reward people that really deserves it.

I don't really see the point of you coming to this thread and trying to argue with something you do not have control to.  But anyway, you have a nice day.  Wink

The point is to educate the people you are taking advantage of here, as well as you, but unfortunately you think continuing this practice is in your own best interest. Have fun ruining your brand.
Sarahiko

Activity: 772

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 10:24:13 AM

Redones

Web developper

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:50:47 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 01:23:01 AM by Redones

Here my new ones:

SwingFirst

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:26:05 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 10:51:23 PM by SwingFirst

Another entry of mine. Smiley

If OP (or anyone else for that matter) wants to work with me, contact me!
BitcoinStriker

Activity: 518

I am the one who knocks.

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:47:30 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 01:22:11 PM by BitcoinStriker

My 2 Entries:

And

I tryed to match the colors of the website, hope it fits your likings.
I also got the .psd (Photoshop) files if you want them.
That rectangle that you see behind the logo is from the watermark, the actual logo does not have that shade of grey.
If you want to change the colors, I can also do that easily.

TIP -> 1E4w3EkiUW4cs5C9gRUKdTJja9KUadAh2X

Hello.
Is it me you are looking for?
Redones

Web developper

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 11:29:21 PM
Last edit: June 01, 2015, 12:52:38 AM by Redones

Here my final designs i hope good luck to every designer

SwingFirst

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 12:08:29 AM

Come on, we want to see who won! Cheesy
MaliceRed

Activity: 311
Merit: 250

Graphics Design Guru

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2015, 12:59:34 AM

As a fellow designer, I wholeheartedly stand by TECSHARE.

These shady and immoral business practices need to stop. Stop taking advantage of designers trying to make money, and actually pay for fair wage.

In what world is it fair to make profits under someone's by paying a feeble table scrap wage. These contests are wrong, and it warms my heart to see that there are other designers who not only feel the same way, but are willing to take a stand for it.

In any other industry this would be illegal in most countries.

I don't really see the point of you coming to this thread and trying to argue with something you do not have control to.  But anyway, you have a nice day.  Wink

This is a public post, and as long as there is no flaming or off-topic discussion, there's really nothing you can do about it either. Someone who thinks that this sort of contest is okay wouldn't understand.

However, the hope is that this reaches other graphics designers, to show them that participating in this kind of crap is extremely toxic to ALL GRAPHICS/ART TRADE. By participating in this sort of contest, shows it's okay to host contests like this by people like you. If that were to continue, the overall value of our design services will be extremely devalued, and serious designers can no longer make a living.

Fellow designers, please do not join contests like this, we deserve healthy wages and respect! Don't be tricked by promises of "Exposure", because I'm sure you can't pay bills with "Exposure".

Malice Red Designs

Logos // Branding // U.Is // Banners
SwingFirst

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 01:07:11 AM

Fellow designers, please do not join contests like this, we deserve healthy wages and respect! Don't be tricked by promises of "Exposure", because I'm sure you can't pay bills with "Exposure".

Thing is that if we don't join this contest, someone else will and they will receive the bounty.
In order for your idea to work, every single designer would have to agree not to join these contests.

I don't think that would happen, but I'd like to see it do.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: