Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:44:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin up, Bitcoin down  (Read 3610 times)
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:30:28 AM

Most of those alt coins are usually an act of a penny stock.

Always pump and dump, and having a sucker to buy in a large amount way overpriced, and hoping like a IPO to go off for that Alt coin.
This next pump coming to ltc is beyond that. Too much support will see this leg up and it will be like no IPO. I'd get on board prior to the
WOWz, your choice.
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:33:12 PM

Always pump and dump, and having a sucker to buy in a large amount way overpriced, and hoping like a IPO to go off for that Alt coin.
This next pump coming to ltc is beyond that. Too much support will see this leg up and it will be like no IPO. I'd get on board prior to the
WOWz, your choice.

LTC is blocked by sellwall on 0.008 on btc-e. Might correct down one more time. If you want in, buy it down there. The wall will be eaten but probably not today.

Buy, hold, wait.

Natalia_AnatolioPAMM

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 08:59:10 PM

WOWz, your choice.

LTC is blocked by sellwall on 0.008 on btc-e. Might correct down one more time. If you want in, buy it down there. The wall will be eaten but probably not today.

Buy, hold, wait.

good advice actually
chriswen

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:19:58 PM

WOWz, your choice.

Buy, hold, wait.

But once 0.008 falls, clear skies.
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 5069

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:08:55 AM

The market for LTC is dead right now.  The market is thin, and volume is still nearly non-existent.  So a single whale can play all they want without fear.  They can pump one day, wait for a few weeks, and then slowly sell off or simply dump back down all at once without any real risk or loss.

Don't trust the LTC market until you see some real heavy and consistent volume coming in.  Period.

kaykawa

Activity: 574

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:16:44 AM

Halving date?

chriswen

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:19:17 AM

Halving date?

Approximately 90 days.

http://www.litecoinblockhalf.com/
Pathi

Activity: 244
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 12:31:40 AM

Aww wth. I put .5 btc in today. Lets see what 4 months brings.. Grin
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:19:09 AM

The market for LTC is dead right now.  The market is thin, and volume is still nearly non-existent.  So a single whale can play all they want without fear.  They can pump one day, wait for a few weeks, and then slowly sell off or simply dump back down all at once without any real risk or loss.

Don't trust the LTC market until you see some real heavy and consistent volume coming in.  Period.

1.6 million dollars last 24hours is non-existant volume?
.. ah right, i forgot anyone can write anything on these boards ...  Roll Eyes

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:30:29 AM

Aww wth. I put .5 btc in today. Lets see what 4 months brings.. Grin

isn't this like entering a long investment ponzi? i can't see much of difference same chance of losing your money, it is not really advisable
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:10:52 AM

the only reason this could be true is because of the upcoming block halving, but it's a transitory and momentaneous thing, don't ride too much that wave...

Litecoin block halving is still more than 90 days away. Do you think it is already influencing the price now? Let's hope litecoin regains some of its glory, around 10 usd would be nice!

90 days goes by real fast i should think we'll see LTC into the $3 mark again provided bitcoin doesnt dip.  You remember when the block halving did to bitcoin this cant be totally overlooked in the litecoin economy.
Assad

Activity: 135

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:59:01 PM

the only reason this could be true is because of the upcoming block halving, but it's a transitory and momentaneous thing, don't ride too much that wave...

Litecoin block halving is still more than 90 days away. Do you think it is already influencing the price now? Let's hope litecoin regains some of its glory, around 10 usd would be nice!

Manipulation is the answer.
It happened with doge and other coins.

Pump the price until the halving time, and dump right after the halving to lower levels than before

(I might get some LTC since there are still some months until the halvings)
usairx

Activity: 206

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:28:45 PM

Litecoin touts itself as the silver to Bitcoin's gold. I truly hope it does prosper and work in tandem with the Bitcoin economy.
kaykawa

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:34:23 PM

check btc-e 40k ltc buy wall

elite3000
Legendary

Activity: 1073
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:15:09 PM

Probably a good investment now.  is ready to halve its rewards which is convincing many to invest heavily now
NattyLiteCoin

Activity: 912
Merit: 1021

If you don’t believe, why are you here?

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 02:08:26 AM

check btc-e 40k ltc buy wall

Remarkable accumulations in the middle of this month as well. If the first SFARDS chips are largely allocated to LTC via private investments, we could see a shift in miner philosophy to not immediately dump in attempts to ROI (because the don't have to, big China pet projects) and operate at a "loss" until the availability of new coins on the market dries up and the price goes bananas. Of course I'm bullish, and likely the real influence of the halving won't be realized in the immediate future.

I'm mining up through the halving just because the upside to selling off the hardware with huge price gains is greater than the downside IMO. Especially if BTC can stay suppressed over the next couple of months.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
  25X FASTER THAN BITCOIN, LIGHTNING NETWORK & ATOMIC SWAPS  
  TWITTER          TELEGRAM          REDDIT          DISCORD          MEDIUM          LINKEDIN  
          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
    ███▀                   ▀███
   ███   ███           ███   ███
  ███     ███         ███     ███
 ███       ███       ███       ███
 ███     ██████     ██████     ███
 ███        ████   ████        ███
 ███     █████████████████     ███
 ███         ███▄ ▄███         ███
  ███         ███████         ███
   ███▄        █████        ▄███
    ████▄       ███       ▄████
     ▀█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▀
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀███████▀▀
kaykawa

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:03:05 AM

i remember the old days... mining with my HD7770 ... 1 ltc $11 usd
 Roll Eyes

kaykawa

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:02:56 PM

LTC is looking great.
Four consecutive green weekly candles.

The 200-week MA is at 2.14 and falling.
We will test it in the next week or two.

dballing

Activity: 246

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:13:15 PM

While I believe Bitcoin will always be around and in the top 3-4 coins, you can't dismiss Litecoin. Below I will breakdown many of the reasons I'm partly hedged in LTC.

Irrefutable Breakdown:

- The LTC founder announced the coin in a fair manner back in 2011 after many were aware of the technology and potential.Whereas Satoshi may have announced Bitcoin, but no one knew of the potential so he was able to accumulate a million BTC without any real competition. This makes for a more fair distribution of the LTC network rather than exponentially enriching a small few.

- Many diehard Bitcoiners dismiss Litecoin as simply a clone with a few tweaks. While this may be true, the LTC founder had the luxury of observing BTC in action and was able to make a couple beneficial tweaks. One being the that the confirmation times were too conservative and two, upping the supply so that it could be more abundant. In addition, he had the foresight of avoiding the issue of competing for Bitcoin miners so he changed the algo from Sha-256 to Scrypt.

- Considering that Litecoin is a completely independent network (extremely similar to Bitcoin) secured by a different algo, anyone interested in BTC can hedge their risk of also being in LTC. A good analogy would be keeping all your money in one bank instead of two or three. Another analogy would be that there are 4 major credit card providers and not just one. This could hold true for crypto or at the very least the duality we see with Coke vs Pepsi, Walmart vs Target, McDonalds vs Burger King ... etc etc. 

- Face to face transactions based on my own experience with Bitcoin have proven to be frustrating. I know you don't technically have to wait for a first confirmation, but in doing so I've experienced a wait time greater than 10 min and up to 40 min. Without the use of third parties facilitating the transaction I'm sure many have had this same issue at least once. As an experiment, I tested this with Litecoin and while still not as fast as I'd like it to be, it was a much more enjoyable experience.

- Doge which has the potential to become another popular coin is scrypt merged mined with LTC for security reasons. This means brand exposure and adoption of Doge could inadvertently bring additional exposure to LTC. In addition, LTC (along with BTC) is a deflationary currency/asset while Doge is an inflationary currency/asset which could bring about a good synergy in the future.

- Charles Lee (or Coblee) is a well-known founder in the crypto community whereas Satoshi is anonymous. Coblee is very consistent about attending as many crypto-related events as possible which help furthers LTC exposure/adoption.

- Charles also currently works as the engineering manager at Coinbase which could arguably be considered the biggest BTC corporation in the US. Coblee has made the claim that he will eventually (when it's the right time) push for LTC adoption at Coinbase. Coblee also has a brother named Bobby Lee who works as the CEO of BTCChina which is arguably the biggest BTC corporation in China. Despite BTCChina already supporting LTC I would assume it will always be supported since they're brothers.

- The Bitcoin image in 2013 was definitely tarnished thanks to the MtGox fiasco along with other prior bad associations such as drugs, hacking, and money laundering. I polled several friends/family and asked, "Have you heard of Bitcoin? What do you think of it?" and the responses were alarming. "Bitcoin? you mean the internet money thing that the CEO hacked so he could steal everyone's funds?" Granted, that's not what happened, but people don't understand this technology and may have misinterpreted the news. I'm still patiently waiting for Bitcoin to recover, but when I asked about Litecoin they didn't know what that was (fresh brand with no negative associations).

- I could go on, but I've got to go so I'll stop there.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2015, 07:19:44 PM

Holding my LTC. I think that $10 would quickly transition to $100.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: