Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:18:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How Much Jail Time Will Ross Ulbricht Receive?  (Voting closed: May 31, 2015, 12:43:05 AM)
20 years (mandatory minimum) - 41 (42.3%)
30 years - 19 (19.6%)
50 years - 5 (5.2%)
life in prison - 32 (33%)
Total Voters: 97

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ross Ulbricht Jailtime Poll  (Read 6994 times)
Bitware

Activity: 926
Merit: 1001

weaving spiders come not here

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:46:09 AM

40-years-to-life in prison will be his sentence. They will make an example out of him.
Troonetpt

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 03:39:50 AM

20 years is the minimum, I'm sorry for him. He have to spent his rest time in jail.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 03:57:09 AM

He will die relatively soon for the "crime" of saving many lives that would have otherwise been snuffed by drug violence.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 06:21:44 AM

He will die relatively soon for the "crime" of saving many lives that would have otherwise been snuffed by drug violence.

That's enough of a reason to put him in prison. If bitches can just get their drugs online and work regular jobs how is the local pimp ever supposed to be able to sell me some teenaged junkie pussy?

Kyraishi

Activity: 952
Merit: 513

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:03:18 AM

I think he will get max penalty as to set an example of the whole thing.

The U.S. government does not like it when someone get's in their business/way and doesn't work for them.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 07:11:16 AM

Wait...what happened to the appeal based on the crooked agents getting busted for blatant fraud, stealing, etc?

blumangroup

Activity: 350

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 08:01:59 AM

While I don't agree with the way he spoke and acted while in talks to kill a few people, I do agree with you that he also saved many lives from not getting jacked on a deal and killed to getting relevantly decent/clean gear.

OP the poor guy will get 30years to maximum sentence, here in the UK the 30 years he would have been out of prison for murder in that time. He still has the trail for other charges for hiring to murder, he will never feel freedom again  Undecided

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2015, 09:03:06 AM

So much of the "evidence" against him was fruit of the poisonous tree, I wouldn't be surprised if he was framed for the fake hits by government agents taking control of his accounts and pulling his PGP secret key out from under him.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:31:44 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2015, 10:42:01 AM by gentlemand

The worst violence happens further down the supply chain towards the roots. Silk Road did absolutely nothing to address that and by dint of its existence actively encouraged it.

It's the manufacturing and wholesale movement of the drugs where the majority of poor saps end up buying the farm.

I've known loads of people who buy drugs from their local dealer and not one ever had the slightest problem.

Your jolly nightclub coke deal is backed by a blockchain of suffering and blood.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:49:41 AM

I didn't vote. Even if all the counts were proven, he doesn't deserve more than 5 years in Jail. I mean, what will you give for murder, when a guy gets life for a non violent crime. This is completely ridicolous! What makes his crime so awful, that he deserves a life sentence? He didn't kill someone! Heck, he didn't even beat someone! All the "murder charges" were not part of the sentence, so what has he done to deserve a life in jail?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
EternalWingsofGod

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 10:59:30 AM

I read a wired article on the Silk Road Case waiting for part 3
But from part II there was also the planned murder of one of his associates who was caught by the police and then killed (staged of course) and that is aside from the drug issue so I doubt he will get a minimum if he does they could raise the planned murder from the coffin to put him in jail even longer.
My best guess is between 30 years to life.
With a chance at parole in 2025-2030

Related but different articles
http://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-transcript-silk-roads-boss-ordering-5-assassinations/
http://www.dailydot.com/crime/silk-road-murder-charges-ross-ulbricht/

Gervais

Activity: 366

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 11:02:54 AM

40-years-to-life in prison will be his sentence. They will make an example out of him.

Probably, especially since this is the first of its kind. I think he'll get between 20-40 years. He'll appeal but if he's lucky he may even get a retrial because of all the shenanigans that went on with the corruption of the law enforcement officers.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:08:14 PM

Life in prison 

That's what he deserves. 

Who was harmed that much, that he deserves a life sentence?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:11:43 PM

I think 20 years should be all that he will get. However, it is possible that the judge will sentence for a longer time but I can't see the benefit in that.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:44:04 PM

Since nobody has come forward and produced a connection to Ross, whereby Ross harmed anyone or damaged the property of anyone, Ross deserves whatever they give him, simply because he agreed with it in advance, by not requiring the harmed or injured party to step onto the stand, make the accusations against him directly, show how he did it, and be cross examined by Ross.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 01:51:15 PM

Life in prison 

That's what he deserves. 

Depends on the facts. If it's true that he attempted to hire people to kill others then I'd say he deserves life but only for that, not for setting the site up of facilitating the sale of narcotics. I think he's going to get a hefty sentence because of the various crimes he committed. He's essentially a drug kingpin whether he wants to admit it or not.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:14:05 PM

Life in prison 

That's what he deserves. 

Depends on the facts. If it's true that he attempted to hire people to kill others then I'd say he deserves life but only for that, not for setting the site up of facilitating the sale of narcotics. I think he's going to get a hefty sentence because of the various crimes he committed. He's essentially a drug kingpin whether he wants to admit it or not.

Yes, it depends on the facts. It also depends on the government following its rules for condemning him.

If Ross was indeed a perpetrator of some kind of illegal activity, government can do exactly as they are doing. In fact, government can make up the whole story if they want, and if they can get away with it. But there is only ONE thing that condemns Ross. It is his acceptance of the things that Government says.

If Ross were to NOT accept government, and were to get up and require government to bring a harmed or injured accuser forward, have the accuser get on the stand in court and make the charges verbally, and then show the connection that proved that Ross did the harm and injury, and have an impartial eye witness to the fact, only then could Ross be found guilty. Basic, standard American law.

Since Ross did not require any of these things, he is essentially agreeing with whatever government says. He deserves what he gets, because he is leaving it in the hands of government, rather than require to face his accuser and probably be set free.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
oser41eric

Activity: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:22:22 PM

Life in prison  

That's what he deserves.  

I have bolded the part that is going to be screamed in court and after on the news, Ross for bla bla bla 'controlling' x amount of millions worth of hardcore drugs you was the drug kingpin of the new kind in the cyber world and we have no choice but to give you the sentence of 50 years, so that is what I voted. Does he deserve it? Probably not he was just a young man out of his league wasn't he. Good luck Ross!
Krang

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:45:28 PM

If Ross was indeed a perpetrator of some kind of illegal activity, government can do exactly as they are doing. In fact, government can make up the whole story if they want, and if they can get away with it. But there is only ONE thing that condemns Ross. It is his acceptance of the things that Government says.

If Ross were to NOT accept government, and were to get up and require government to bring a harmed or injured accuser forward, have the accuser get on the stand in court and make the charges verbally, and then show the connection that proved that Ross did the harm and injury, and have an impartial eye witness to the fact, only then could Ross be found guilty. Basic, standard American law.

Since Ross did not require any of these things, he is essentially agreeing with whatever government says. He deserves what he gets, because he is leaving it in the hands of government, rather than require to face his accuser and probably be set free.

Smiley

What the hell are you talking about? I think you live in a fantasy land. There doesn't have to be a 'physically harmed or injured accuser'. He broke the law in various ways and got caught and there's mountains of evidence against him, hence why he's fucked. Claiming some rambling nonsense about nobody being harmed wouldn't ever get him out of jail.
bennybong

Activity: 682

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:50:12 PM

Drugs are bad. Hell I nearly fucked my life over with some of the shit I used to buy off SR. Without SR I would never have had access to any of it. Honestly I can trace back to where everything started going wrong - it was precisely when I discovered the Darknet. Am I going to pass the blame to someone else? No. I'm the idiot that didn't know better and actually ordered the things I ordered, nothing too heavy, but I slipped into a real bad place because of all the repercussions.

(I'm doing absolutely fine these days. Clean as a whistle, and never felt better!)

It's a very tough decision on how much I think they should blame Ross for. I do not think those 6 overdoses should hang over his head at all. He didn't sell the drugs to them nor does he even know who they are or what they ordered. At the end of the day it's your body, you should be allowed to whatever you want with it in the confides of your own home. You should also know your limits. It's another matter when addicts start affecting society by robbing/stealing for drugs. But still, not the dealers fault. Addicts need help not punishment.

However, Ross is guilty of a number of crimes though, crimes that he will be punished for. I just really hope for him that he doesn't get life. I think a life sentence is reserved for a very small portion of criminals. Which Ross does not belong to IMO. 20 years is mandatory minimum, but I think they will give him more than that.

That's just my 2 satoshis.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: