Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:16:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US to charge FIFA for corruption!  (Read 7410 times)
Possum577 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 05:19:38 AM

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/27/football/fifa-corruption-charges-justice-department/index.html

The U.S. Justice Department plans to announce corruption charges against senior officials at FIFA, the world's soccer governing body, law enforcement officials say.

Up to 14 people are expected to be charged Wednesday based on an indictment in federal court in New York.

Arrests were being made overnight in Zurich, where members of the scandal-plagued organization were gathering for an election Friday that could give its leader Sepp Blatter a fifth term.

Deep details on the charges have yet to be disclosed, but one thing is known - the officiating crimes during last year's World Cup games are expected to be largely ignored. Upon hearing the news of this last bit, NED's Robben is quoted as saying "Phew! I don't take dives to get sacked!" (Translated from Dutch.)

Anyone have an opinion on this?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2015, 08:35:45 AM

I was just having breakfast when I saw that on the news. Well they've been arrested because of suspicious for money launder, fraud and whatnot. According to sources they have been doing this in the last 20 years.
According to what I saw this morning 6 were arrested although they won't be named.
CNN however claims that up to 14 people will be investigated/charged.

This doesn't come as a surprise to me. Someone has to stop these fixed games that have been going on for quite some time now.
I was slowly getting tired, as betting was quite harder because of it.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 09:23:10 AM

Not surprising at all. FIFA have turned to a bunch of white-collar gangsters long time ago. Some clean sweep will be beneficial indeed.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 11:40:24 AM

This is the carrot and stick approach by the US officials. First, they politely requested the FIFA officials to shift the 2018 football world cup out of Russa. The FIFA guys refused. Now it is time to get tougher. These FIFA officials will be threatened with lengthy jail terms, unless they agree to the demands by the CIA and NATO.  Grin

The timing makes me suspicious.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:26:51 PM

This doesn't come as a surprise to me. Someone has to stop these fixed games that have been going on for quite some time now.
I was slowly getting tired, as betting was quite harder because of it.

Nothing to do with fixed games. It's all about where and how the games take place. The whole bullshit surrounding how Qatar got the world cup was probably the final straw. There's vast amounts of politics, prestige and money tied up in where international games take place.

A friend of mine worked for FIFA for many years. The amount of boondoggling that takes place at every single level is relentless.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1121

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 07:56:10 PM

Yeah maybe that's the reason why Michel Platini didn't want anymore to became a candidate for president of FIFA
He is a great man and one of best UEFA president
Sepp Blatter can't lead FIFA any longer, there are so many corruption case was happened in his era

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:02:18 PM

been along time coming

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 09:12:36 PM

From what I understand from the news, Americans are no longer content to simply mock soccer and are now arresting everyone responsible.

Arresting everyone: it's what America does.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Joca97
Legendary

Activity: 3584
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:16:24 PM

Finaly FIFA corruption is getting fixed,i dont like usa much,but this is a great thing they have done
great to see usa trying to help a sport in this world

Open to joining a signature campaign. 99% of my posts are in the gambling section! Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:18:09 PM

FIFA is corrupt? I'm shocked!  Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:29:06 PM

FIFA have been corrupt for years. I'm glad this has happened, hopefully it will force them to clean up their act.

Looks like now if Sepp Blatter remains president in the upcoming presidential election UEFA could pull out European teams from the next world cup in Russia and big sponsors like McDonalds, Visa and Adidas would reconsider their sponsorship deals.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:45:25 AM

Yeah maybe that's the reason why Michel Platini didn't want anymore to became a candidate for president of FIFA
Sepp Blatter can't lead FIFA any longer, there are so many corruption case was happened in his era

Blatter isn't talking about quitting. In fact, he claims that this clean up is due to his initiative.  Grin
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:27:18 AM

Putin accuses US of meddling into FIFA affairs

MOSCOW (AP) — Russian President Vladimir Putin accused the United States of meddling in FIFA's affairs and hinted that it was part of an attempt to take the 2018 World Cup away from his country.

Putin said in televised comments Thursday that he found it "odd" that the probe was launched at the request of U.S. officials for crimes which do not involve its citizens and did not happen in the United States.

Corruption charges in the U.S. were announced Wednesday against 14 people, with at least two of them holding American citizenship. Seven of the 14 were arrested Wednesday morning in Zurich ahead of a FIFA meeting and Friday's presidential election in which Sepp Blatter is expected to win a fifth term.

In a separate probe, Swiss prosecutors opened criminal proceedings into FIFA's awarding of the 2018 World Cup to Russia and the 2022 tournament to Qatar.

Putin said even if "someone has done something wrong," Russia "has nothing to do with it." He then tried to portray the probe as a U.S. attempt to go after dissenters, likening the case to the persecution of whistleblowers Julian Assange and Edward Snowden.

More...http://apnews.myway.com/article/20150528/soc-fifa-raids-putin-6f86514ac8.html
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 05:42:06 AM

UEFA could pull out European teams from the next world cup in Russia and big sponsors like McDonalds, Visa and Adidas would reconsider their sponsorship deals.

UEFA can't take the decission to pull out European teams from the 2018 World Cup. It is up to the respective national bodies to take that decission. If any of these national bodies actually take the decission to boycott the world cup, then they will be facing huge financial penalties. It will be better not to mix sports with politics.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:12:46 AM

It's about time that someone starts to finally clear the crime in FIFA.
It is an open secret that FIFA traded with the World Cup and sold them to the highest bidder.
However, considering that the next World Cup in Russia and the main investigators are Americans, all may look like a political showdown.
This should have been done much sooner, and by Europeans.
Unfortunately, I fear that nothing will change and that Blatter get a new mandate.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Balthazar
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1358

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 07:07:49 AM

US to charge FIFA for corruption!

I'm going to sue Sun for shining.
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:43:19 PM

Blatter isn't talking about quitting. In fact, he claims that this clean up is due to his initiative.  Grin

True. Maybe he want to be president of FIFA for his life since he always got much bucks from the organization. If we want FIFA to be cleaned, we should change him.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:13:04 PM

True. Maybe he want to be president of FIFA for his life since he always got much bucks from the organization. If we want FIFA to be cleaned, we should change him.

There is no doubt that many of the top guys in the FIFA are corrupt. But again, it is the timing which makes me suspicious. Remember that these arrests have occurred just a few days after FIFA turned down a request from the Polish soccer association boss, to take the 2018 world cup away from Russia. If the FIFA is so corrupt, what took the US so long to arrest them?
Falconer
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:45:25 PM

There is no doubt that many of the top guys in the FIFA are corrupt. But again, it is the timing which makes me suspicious. Remember that these arrests have occurred just a few days after FIFA turned down a request from the Polish soccer association boss, to take the 2018 world cup away from Russia. If the FIFA is so corrupt, what took the US so long to arrest them?

Yeah maybe there are few conspiracies behind this case, which disturbed US, so they take action to turn down FIFA now. It can make a psywar between US and Russia as the host of 2018 world cup. Actually we all have known about corruption in FIFA, even Homer Simpson http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/homer-simpson-predict-fifa-corruption-5780133  lol

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:26:39 PM

Breaking news: Sepp Blatter has been re-elected as the president of FIFA, defeating Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan. In the first round, Blatter received 133 votes (140 is needed for an outright win, i.e two-third of the votes). His opponent managed to secure just 73 votes, mostly from the North American and Western European regions.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: