Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:13:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US to charge FIFA for corruption!  (Read 7420 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:34:01 PM

.....As far back as 2005, Blatter has refused to get embroiled in Washington’s geopolitical chess game(s). Under him FIFA refused to surrender to the US Department of State’s demands that Iran’s team be blocked from participating World Cup 2006 or demands that Palestine not be admitted into FIFA. FIFA’s geopolitical offenses, however, may have reached a tipping point..... much more

Forget Sports: Geopolitics is Behind the FIFA Scandal As the War Against Russia Enters a New Front

So it is going to affect Palestine and Iran the most. That makes me suspicious about the additional players, other than the United States. That said, I don't think that the Americans will get the necessary two-third vote to expel Iran. Iran is having friendly relations with a large number of nations. Hosting rights for the 2018 World Cup, also seems to be safe with Russia (for now). The only losers are going to be Palestine.
galdur

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 03:50:18 PM

.....As far back as 2005, Blatter has refused to get embroiled in Washington’s geopolitical chess game(s). Under him FIFA refused to surrender to the US Department of State’s demands that Iran’s team be blocked from participating World Cup 2006 or demands that Palestine not be admitted into FIFA. FIFA’s geopolitical offenses, however, may have reached a tipping point..... much more

Forget Sports: Geopolitics is Behind the FIFA Scandal As the War Against Russia Enters a New Front

So it is going to affect Palestine and Iran the most. That makes me suspicious about the additional players, other than the United States. That said, I don't think that the Americans will get the necessary two-third vote to expel Iran. Iran is having friendly relations with a large number of nations. Hosting rights for the 2018 World Cup, also seems to be safe with Russia (for now). The only losers are going to be Palestine.

Yes, and apartheid and racism won´t be any problem at all and there´ll be no sanctions about that unless it´s deemed to be practiced by those unfriendly to U.S. corporate and political interests.

ThEmporium

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2015, 08:14:27 PM

From what I understand from the news, Americans are no longer content to simply mock soccer and are now arresting everyone responsible.

Arresting everyone: it's what America does.

They cannot charge FIFA for any corruptions, since there is no American federal involvement in FIFA. FIFA is headquartered in Zurich, and is an association established under the Laws of Switzerland. FIFA's supreme body is the FIFA Congress, an assembly made up of representatives from each affiliated member association. Looking at above it clarifies everything, however, US can sue legally but will fail to win over against FIFA Completely.
galdur

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 04:47:14 AM

Germany delivered a shipment of rocket-propelled grenades to Saudi Arabia in exchange for support for its bid to host the 2006 FIFA World Cup, German media reported Friday.

Die verkauften WM-Turniere

http://www.zeit.de/sport/2015-06/chuck-blazer-fifa-fussball-weltmeisterschaft-2022

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:56:08 AM

Germany delivered a shipment of rocket-propelled grenades to Saudi Arabia in exchange for support for its bid to host the 2006 FIFA World Cup, German media reported Friday.

This is nothing when compared to the foul pay used by the United States, to get the hosting rights for the 1994 FIFA World Cup. They used a mix of carrot and stick, by blackmailing some of the potential hosts to withdraw from the race, and tried to bribe some of the voting members by offering loans and grants. At that time, Blatter also played his part, helping the US to win the rights.
galdur

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 06:30:35 AM

This is nothing when compared to the foul pay used by the United States, to get the hosting rights for the 1994 FIFA World Cup. They used a mix of carrot and stick, by blackmailing some of the potential hosts to withdraw from the race, and tried to bribe some of the voting members by offering loans and grants. At that time, Blatter also played his part, helping the US to win the rights.

Well, i´m sure that the corruption back then was as always for god, country, Wall Street and democracy so it
wasn´t really corruption. Righteous men deserve their just returns.

Possum577 (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2015, 06:21:22 AM

New news, sounds like the US is proposing that the Qatar and Russia World Cup host awards be revoked, claiming that they were earned through bribes. This would put both of these World Cup host dates up for reassignment to other countries!

Let's get this conversation back on track...

BITCOINERSEJATI

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:26:47 AM

The gloves are off'

Jack Warner is one of 14 people charged by US prosecutors over alleged corruption at Fifa.

The US Justice department alleges the 14 accepted bribes and kickbacks estimated at more than $150m (£97m) over a 24-year period.

Mr Warner denies all charges of corruption.

galdur

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:29:19 AM

New news, sounds like the US is proposing that the Qatar and Russia World Cup host awards be revoked, claiming that they were earned through bribes. This would put both of these World Cup host dates up for reassignment to other countries!

Let's get this conversation back on track...

Yes, and being thoroughly corrupt themselves they´ll gather support with their usual methods; threats, coercion and bribery.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 08:38:58 AM

Wonderful. So the 2018 World Cup will be hosted in the United Kingdom (as they were the runners up in the vote for hosting rights), and the 2022 World Cup will be hosted in the United States. The American domination of FIFA is now complete. Let me see if Domenico Scala holds enough power to put in practise what he says.
Possum577 (OP)

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 03:54:42 AM

Wonderful. So the 2018 World Cup will be hosted in the United Kingdom (as they were the runners up in the vote for hosting rights), and the 2022 World Cup will be hosted in the United States. The American domination of FIFA is now complete. Let me see if Domenico Scala holds enough power to put in practise what he says.

Ahh, and a motive arises. Things have come full circle. Thanks everyone, I think I can close this thread now. It was all about the UK and USA seeking their respective opportunities to host the upcoming World Cups!

Grin

galdur

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:22:35 AM

Ahh, and a motive arises. Things have come full circle. Thanks everyone, I think I can close this thread now. It was all about the UK and USA seeking their respective opportunities to host the upcoming World Cups!

Grin

Well, when you´re dealing with criminals with a long and very solid history of all sorts of scams obviously every time they begin positioning themselves for a new one you look for a motive. Which never is very hard to spot of course.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 04:32:01 AM

That was a real motive and anyone with an IQ of more than 60 would be able to understand it. But things are not going to be that easy for the NATO lobby. I don't think that they'll be able to get the necessary two-third vote, to move these world cups to the UK and the USA respectively. Better luck next time!
mikaljan

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:43:42 PM

FIFA has cleared itself

FIFA has been at the center of corruption investigations for years, but the organization has long dismissed allegations that top officials were on the take.
Qatar 2022 World Cup: the most controversial ever?
Qatar 2022: The unanswered questions 10 photos
EXPAND GALLERY

In December, FIFA's Ethics Committee said it was closing its investigation into alleged corruption in the 2018 and 2022 bidding process that awarded the World Cup to Russia and Qatar, respectively.

Criticism immediately followed. There were allegations of corruption in the bidding process. Qatar's oppressive heat also drew ridicule, as did its labor rights record.

FIFA said its investigation found no corruption and it had no reason to reopen the bidding process.

In December 2012, FIFA banned for life bin Hammam, the Qatari member of its top governing body who had previously been suspended along with Warner for ethics violations.

brendanjhwu

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:14:17 PM

I don't blame em' I mean they do run for a living... you gotta share the wealth. Even though I watch world soccer(friendlies, etc.)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:39:15 AM

In December, FIFA's Ethics Committee said it was closing its investigation into alleged corruption in the 2018 and 2022 bidding process that awarded the World Cup to Russia and Qatar, respectively.

For now, they will concentrate on Russia, as it is their main target. Qatar is one of the most reliable allies of the United States in the Middle East region, and I don't think that they will take away the world cup from them. But there are some horrific facts that should be studied, about the conditions in Qatar. More than 1,500 laborers have died so far during the construction of the world cup venues.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/23/qatar-nepal-workers-world-cup-2022-death-toll-doha
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:03:07 AM

For now, they will concentrate on Russia, as it is their main target. Qatar is one of the most reliable allies of the United States in the Middle East region, and I don't think that they will take away the world cup from them. But there are some horrific facts that should be studied, about the conditions in Qatar. More than 1,500 laborers have died so far during the construction of the world cup venues.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/23/qatar-nepal-workers-world-cup-2022-death-toll-doha

People like Neymar getting payed well over 2x the amount of $ those 1500 make in a lifetime(not a neymar hater, just think it's sad ). Sad
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:24:25 AM

People like Neymar getting payed well over 2x the amount of $ those 1500 make in a lifetime(not a neymar hater, just think it's sad ). Sad

An average laborer in Qatar earns some $400-600 per month for working 12-hours a day in slave-like conditions (they are mostly from Nepal, India, and DPRK). May be FIFA should make it mandatory for the countries which are hosting the major tournaments such as World Cup, to provide adequate compensation for workers who get killed or maimed during the construction of venues.
stallion

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:51:22 AM

Not surprising at all. FIFA have turned to a bunch of white-collar gangsters long time ago. Some clean sweep will be beneficial indeed.

Hahah, perfectly described. 'White collar gangsters'. I hope things change and do not affect the beautiful game of football Smiley

stallion

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 04:56:23 AM

Breaking news: Sepp Blatter has been re-elected as the president of FIFA, defeating Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan. In the first round, Blatter received 133 votes (140 is needed for an outright win, i.e two-third of the votes). His opponent managed to secure just 73 votes, mostly from the North American and Western European regions.

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: